It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Excessive followers on Social Media?  (Read 37395 times)

Offline JamesDonut

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Excessive followers on Social Media?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »

Actually he said "250k viewers".  I take that to mean "followers", or fans, or whatever they're called on instagram.

Ahh I see what you are saying.   Still would like some clarification though.  It is interesting.
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »
Ahh I see what you are saying.   Still would like some clarification though.  It is interesting.

I find it incredibly dull. Women seeking attention on social media and getting it (if they are hot enough) is rather common. While the few are out flying the globe dating a hottie... most are just fantasizing behind a computer screen. I'm unimpressed.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »
I bet half of my "class mates" are pushing up daisies...

It's actually quite the chuckle to run into old classmates/friends (especially gringas you knew/possible did stuff with) with your latina in tow. Actually worth quite the laugh because many times the gringas have let themselves go... so you don't recognize them off the bat, but they recognize you. And then you introduce your wife from Honduras, Colombia etc and they don't know wtf to think most of the time. I'm 31 and it's happened plenty of times... some girl comes up to you that looks like she's had one too many Natty lights and says hi I'm Brittany from school.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »

I find it incredibly dull. Women seeking attention on social media and getting it (if they are hot enough) is rather common. While the few are out flying the globe dating a hottie... most are just fantasizing behind a computer screen. I'm unimpressed.

It's interesting from a marketing, tech and internet point of view.  That many followers or page hits (still no clarification) is a huge number.  Not just anyone gets that much attention, even if they are trying. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:19:42 PM by JamesDonut »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 07:37:36 PM »
The amount of hits isn't that shocking.

So, if it's not 'shocking' -- hypothetically speaking, what sort of word or phrase would you use to describe the volume and your likely reaction if YOUR wife had a quarter million hits on a social site? Concerned? Complimented? A bit more than normal? A tad bit on the high side?
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 09:10:55 PM »
So, if it's not 'shocking' -- hypothetically speaking, what sort of word or phrase would you use to describe the volume and your likely reaction if YOUR wife had a quarter million hits on a social site? Concerned? Complimented? A bit more than normal? A tad bit on the high side?

An average looking young gringa on a dating site gets pages and pages (in list form) of messages every day. Good looking women get pages and pages on sometimes an hourly basis as long as they regularly log in. If my wife was actively networking, meaning making content available to the public on various social platforms, I would expect the traffic and interest to be rather massive. I don't know the exact number of hits, views, fans, etc... but I'm sure it would be a big number.

I'm not sure the size or the exact number is relevant. If a girl is hot enough and posts enough sexy pics she'll get whatever internet traffic she is after.

I've explained my views on social networking. I think keeping up with people you actually know in real life is completely okay (regardless of gender). I think excessive public postings and photo posting to the public to be a bit out of bounds.

I would personally expect the security to be up on any social networking accounts, and if that is not possible to just skip that particular networking outlet. And there are plenty of women out there to tell me how sexist, misguided, and messed up my thoughts on the subject are I'm sure.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
It's interesting from a marketing, tech and internet point of view.  That many followers or page hits (still no clarification) is a huge number.  Not just anyone gets that much attention, even if they are trying.
[/quote

Yes I agree not everyone gets that attention... unless they are hot enough. If it was a pimple popping fatty... that'd be interesting.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 09:25:54 PM »

An average looking young gringa on a dating site gets pages and pages (in list form) of messages every day. Good looking women get pages and pages on sometimes an hourly basis as long as they regularly log in. If my wife was actively networking, meaning making content available to the public on various social platforms, I would expect the traffic and interest to be rather massive. I don't know the exact number of hits, views, fans, etc... but I'm sure it would be a big number.

I'm not sure the size or the exact number is relevant. If a girl is hot enough and posts enough sexy pics she'll get whatever internet traffic she is after.

I've explained my views on social networking. I think keeping up with people you actually know in real life is completely okay (regardless of gender). I think excessive public postings and photo posting to the public to be a bit out of bounds.

I would personally expect the security to be up on any social networking accounts, and if that is not possible to just skip that particular networking outlet. And there are plenty of women out there to tell me how sexist, misguided, and messed up my thoughts on the subject are I'm sure.

Maybe I missed something ---did V-Man indicate that the quarter million hits his wife was getting,  apparently is still getting, were on a "dating site"? I think not. Not sure if you're back or forward pedaling here, but I'd think most normal fellows would be more inclined to be shocked, or at least ' taken aback' a good bit if their wife was attracting that kind of attention, having put herself out there. Perhaps your situation and viewpoint is quite different.

One thing for sure, on P-L , as well as with life in general,  I've learned to never say: "I've seen it all", because when I do, life has a way of bitch slapping me with something even more bizarre!

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 09:43:10 PM »
"dating site"?

To me social networking is social networking. At first it is shocking how many messages average looking gringas get online. They get spammed not just on dating sites but everywhere else too. And trust me it doesn't matter if they are married, in a relationship, or single. Hell plenty of married guys are trolling for sex online themselves.

It's only shocking at first. Then when you find out that average looking women get lots of attention... and hot ones get massive attention... then when you hear some hot girl has a ton of followers... you are not all that surprised.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:44:44 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 08:29:01 AM »
bcc, you are arguing just for the sake of arguing.   If you don't care about social networking than why even post in this thread?  Especially since you seem to know so much about it.  Since you are posting, could you share some numbers and studies to back up what you are saying? Until then I'll take what is said with a grain of salt.

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 08:30:06 AM »
Weird Double post.... Must have been one of my 250.001 followers.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:23:25 PM by JamesDonut »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 08:47:52 AM »

To me social networking is social networking. At first it is shocking how many messages average looking gringas get online. They get spammed not just on dating sites but everywhere else too. And trust me it doesn't matter if they are married, in a relationship, or single. Hell plenty of married guys are trolling for sex online themselves.

It's only shocking at first. Then when you find out that average looking women get lots of attention... and hot ones get massive attention... then when you hear some hot girl has a ton of followers... you are not all that surprised.

So it's all the same--"social networking?--having an active profile on a cupid site, LinkedIn, Instagram, adultfriendfinder, facebook, et al?  And then, after a while--it's not "shocking" anymore? That seems to be saying 'Oh, it's OK after a while'.

You're making points with the conciseness and accuracy to be expected of a ten year old shooting balls of jello, using a sling shot.

But oh well, at least your wife isn't like all those others....

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »
How would she feel if you had 250,000 viewers instead of her?  That's the real answer!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »
How would she feel if you had 250,000 viewers instead of her?  That's the real answer!

'What's good for the goose is good for the gander"

Offline Calipro

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 12:23:58 PM »

If you hook up with a chick that has 250,000 followers and get into her pants.....you are one lucky guy.....if you are married to her you are a poor soul.

+1 for staying single...jajaja

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 04:41:07 PM »
So it's all the same--"social networking?-

To guys... I'd say yea. And since they are the one's adding, liking, and messaging...

And for anyone that thinks I'm arguing about something... keep in mind I think her profiles online should have the security raised.

And my understanding is that one person may have several different accounts on the same social media. Sometimes it is used to troll... other times maybe to try different approaches/stock women.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
So it's all the same--"social networking?--having an active profile on a cupid site, LinkedIn, Instagram, adultfriendfinder, facebook, et al?  And then, after a while--it's not "shocking" anymore? That seems to be saying 'Oh, it's OK after a while'.

You're making points with the conciseness and accuracy to be expected of a ten year old shooting balls of jello, using a sling shot.

But oh well, at least your wife isn't like all those others....

To guys... I'd say yea. And since they are the one's adding, liking, and messaging...

And for anyone that thinks I'm arguing about something... keep in mind I think her profiles online should have the security raised.

And my understanding is that one person may have several different accounts on the same social media. Sometimes it is used to troll... other times maybe to try different approaches/stock women.

Apparently, you're beyond the realm and grasp of logic on this.

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 02:16:16 PM »
Apparently, you're beyond the realm and grasp of logic on this.

Actually bcc is spot on with his assessment.  250k followers isn't extreme for a chick who's TRYING to get attention, not at all.  It's pretty normal these days, girls upload sexy pictures of themselves just to see how many "followers", "fans", and "likes" they can accumulate.

The problem I see with it is if it's MY WIFE I wouldn't want 250k pervs looking at her in sexy clothes and bikinis or whatever.  That's for goofy little attention starved girls, not mature level-headed, confident, GROWN WOMEN.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »
Hi guys,

My wife has about quarter of a million viewers of her page on one of these social media sites.

Should I be concerned? Should I be paying more attention to what goes on with my wife in social media?

Look--I veer off topic as much as anybody, but as to 'spot on' I think most folks here know that this thread isn't about what men or little boys do, it's about somebody's WIFE.
Maybe you two guys would be cool, perhaps flattered in such a situation, but I daresay most guys here would not be.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »
Look--I veer off topic as much as anybody, but as to 'spot on' I think most folks here know that this thread isn't about what men or little boys do, it's about somebody's WIFE.
Maybe you two guys would be cool, perhaps flattered in such a situation, but I daresay most guys here would not be.

If I wasn't clear before I would have a problem if my wife was seeking a bunch of attention online from strangers. Maybe it's because I'm younger and know guys that are using all sorts of media to keep track of women. To many guys on the prowl it is all the same. From okay cupid to fb to instagram to whatever... it's all just places with girls posting pics.

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2015, 04:47:01 PM »

First off flattered isn't the first word that comes to mind.   I would be a bit worried for her and my families safety.  Second, I would want to know what SHE is doing to get all this attention.  And also what she thinks about the whole incident.   In other words the reason behind why she is behaving this way.   

It may simply be that people like her posts.  Some people have that talent to communicate and inspire people.  If that's the case, more power to her.  If she is doing all this to just get extra attention, I'd be a bit worried.  But since we don't really know, this whole thread is speculation. 

As far as whether guys are using their left hand or their right hand looking at my wife's pics, that's their business.  The wife should have thought about that, and other privacy issues, before posting all those pictures online. 

If I wasn't clear before I would have a problem if my wife was seeking a bunch of attention online from strangers. Maybe it's because I'm younger and know guys that are using all sorts of media to keep track of women. To many guys on the prowl it is all the same. From okay cupid to fb to instagram to whatever... it's all just places with girls posting pics.

Yep you hit the nail on the head there.  However most guys "on the prowl" don't mean any harm.  But you thrown in a couple of nut cases and you have problems.  For the most part girls don't understand the danger they may put themselves in posting all those pics.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 06:22:38 PM »
Many times these girls who post all this stuff to see how many fans and likes they can accumulate shut all of that down the second they get into a serious relationship.  I've seen it happen a hundred times.

Or another thing that happens is she'll start posting pictures together with her husband/boyfriend and stuff about how she's so in love with the perfect guy etc, etc, and the attention, fans, and "likes" naturally fall off dramatically.

You'd be surprised how many lonely losers out there will start to think in their mind that a chick they've never met is into them and is posting pictures just for him.  Especially if she "likes" a comment he makes on one of her photos, or she says a simple "thank you" or something.  He thinks oh my god she replied to me, she must want  me, I knew we were meant to be together.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 07:04:18 PM »
Many times these girls who post all this stuff to see how many fans and likes they can accumulate shut all of that down the second they get into a serious relationship.  I've seen it happen a hundred times.

Or another thing that happens is she'll start posting pictures together with her husband/boyfriend and stuff about how she's so in love with the perfect guy etc, etc, and the attention, fans, and "likes" naturally fall off dramatically.

You'd be surprised how many lonely losers out there will start to think in their mind that a chick they've never met is into them and is posting pictures just for him.  Especially if she "likes" a comment he makes on one of her photos, or she says a simple "thank you" or something.  He thinks oh my god she replied to me, she must want  me, I knew we were meant to be together.

I think more than ever before, people can shut their feelings 'on and off', change their relationships, profiles--really their lives, sometimes in a rather casual way. People will wake up and realize "I don't love you anymore" not having taken much effort to try and make things work out before walking out. We live in a very disposable world.

I think part of it is undue influence from the media, where we see people get married and then divorced weeks or sometimes even just days later. Then we see shows and movies where the romance is so deep, the sex so hot, that one might be taken aback.

Yeah, there's a lot of delusional people in 'la la' land, thinking someone out of their league is obtainable, hopelessly misreading the situation.

But then we have people who have something real and great in their very hands and they dumbly fumble it away. Been there, done that--fortunately I've had the chance to start over with another great woman.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 07:04:18 PM »

Offline Awesome

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 08:21:03 PM »
I think more than ever before, people can shut their feelings 'on and off', change their relationships, profiles--really their lives, sometimes in a rather casual way. People will wake up and realize "I don't love you anymore" not having taken much effort to try and make things work out before walking out. We live in a very disposable world.

I think part of it is undue influence from the media, where we see people get married and then divorced weeks or sometimes even just days later. Then we see shows and movies where the romance is so deep, the sex so hot, that one might be taken aback.

Yeah, there's a lot of delusional people in 'la la' land, thinking someone out of their league is obtainable, hopelessly misreading the situation.

But then we have people who have something real and great in their very hands and they dumbly fumble it away. Been there, done that--fortunately I've had the chance to start over with another great woman.

Nothing you just said had anything at all to do with what you quoted me saying.

It's like when you were arguing earlier with bcc, you were WAAAY out in left field with your argument.  I think you are just totally and completely clueless when it comes to discussing topics related to social media.

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2015, 08:33:54 PM »
Awesome, take a step back.  Robert is sharing his point of view and advice on the subject.  And I can see the connection between what you said and how he responded.  He's not arguing with you at all from how I see it.  You both made excellent points. 

We definitely live in a world that is heavily influenced by social media.  What worries me is I see a whole generation or two that put way too much importance on it.  When what they should be doing is working to improve the world around them instead of whats on the computer screen.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 156