It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: BOOKED FLIGHT FOR: 17-29 May  (Read 7123 times)

Gato4Astrid

Re: BOOKED FLIGHT FOR: 17-29 May
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »
Even if you did play, I'm sure I'd be light brigades better than you, Michaelb. After all, I started as a toddler, riding Jack Russells, playing on a full grass croquet court, with a mallet named Thor. Unstoppable.

I didn't need 5 or 6 horses, either. When I was in middle school, my parents bought me a horse. His name was Secretariat. As for my 'jokes',not that I care, but I don't think anybody gets them! (even w/ emoticons!)

lol  I've seen DVD 3 times and will be my 4th on Monday the 30th March when it will be on his birthday!!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »
This one's for you, benjio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJgZwtJHg8

I was going to look for this one because I saw it on Facebook about 2-3 months ago.  Now you got it!!!    Serve her rights!!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »

BECAUSE I'M BLACK!! That's the only reason.

When I was on LatinAmericanCupid many years ago when there were chat room  (No longer a chat room now), there is a woman from Argentina continually called them the 'N' word!   She kept on about them!  I thought WTF, racism there!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 03:46:46 PM »
I wonder if it has anything todo with the Nazi influence..you know Josef Mengele, Adolf Eichman, ODESSA files and all...
I read Bariloche had some NAZI influence..

When I was on LatinAmericanCupid many years ago when there were chat room  (No longer a chat room now), there is a woman from Argentina continually called them the 'N' word!   She kept on about them!  I thought WTF, racism there!

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »
Well if the argentina race is made up primarily of italian and spanish, those are two countries where racism against black soccer players is pretty commonplace.  Quite a few times you'll hear fans chant racist slurs against black players and they'll throw bananas onto the field to taunt the black footballers.

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 11:00:12 PM »
Like I said though...I saw quite a few really pretty girls there. You've dated Italians and Eastern Europeans before so I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're not very picky when it comes to skin color or you outright prefer European looking women. I wouldn't count out meeting some local talent. WHY THE HELL NOT?!!! Unless you're one of those extremely liberal white guys that hate racism so much you'd never consider dating a woman that thought less of people with darker skin...which I totally respect.

Gavan, after my bad experiences at the hotel, a few restautants, a clothing store, etc. I wasn't going to waste my time getting dressed up and going to some club I was almost sure would come up with some lame excuse not to let me in....if they didn't outright tell me "NO!" Argentines make no secret of the fact that they aren't used to associating with people of color.

I hope Brazilian Girl chimes in. She went to BA with a black female friend and saw how bad it can be.

This documentary points out that the initial group(s) were the indigenous,  the slaves, and the colonizers, as the "founding" races of Argentina.  Haven't  watched all of the video, but it would be interesting to see what the commentary in the documentary would be concerning the extent to which the  contemporary cultural attitudes and biases, are derived from the European immigrants between WWI and WWII. 

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 11:02:37 PM »
Here's the link to the video:  thought I had included in my post - oops, my bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkqlKOUUVa4

HD Programa 017 - Temporada 8 - Afroargentinos

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »

http://votosinmigrantes.blogspot.ca/2012/06/argentina-y-sus-negros.html

DOCTOR CHOCOLATE: EL PRIMER PRESIDENTE ARGENTINO
ERA (ALGO) NEGRO

El primer presidente argentino, Bernardino Rivadavia, era llamado por sus opositores Doctor Chocolate. Querían humillarlo recordando a todos el origen africano del Presidente.

"A pesar de que en el censo de Buenos Aires de 1810 fue rotulado como blanco, el historiador J. A. Rogers incluyó a Rivadavia como uno de los ocho latinoamericanos de color en su antología Great Men of Color, y otros escritos de la época también lo describen como de piel oscura. En su defensa, el historiador George Reid Andrews escribió: “El estigma del ancestro africano era una pesada cruz que se debía soportar en la sociedad de Buenos Aires; toda vez que se presentaba la posibilidad de quitársela de encima y de pasar como blanco, sólo una persona rara no la hubiese aprovechado. (…) Es sumamente difícil documentar el proceso por el cual los afroargentinos dejaban la categoría racial negra o mulata y entraban en la blanca, dado que una parte integrante de ese proceso era la destrucción o el oscurecimiento de los registros relativos a la ascendencia africana”.

Cuando Rivadavia fue Presidente de la Nación, en Argentina se censó aproximadamente a un 30% de la población como de origen africano.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 06:18:43 AM »
Well if the argentina race is made up primarily of italian and spanish, those are two countries where racism against black soccer players is pretty commonplace.  Quite a few times you'll hear fans chant racist slurs against black players and they'll throw bananas onto the field to taunt the black footballers.

Even Italian of Ghanaian descendants Mario Balotelli was the victim of racism while playing in Italy !!

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »
The whitest country in South America is Uruguay. Almost 91% with smatterings of black, indigenous and Asian. Colombians always like to point out that there are blondes in Colombia which is true, one of my sisters-in-law is blonde. Nothing like Uruguay however where blondes are very very common. However, if you like the Latina look which I do then the women are nothing special as a group.

Offline JamesDonut

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »
I wonder if it has anything todo with the Nazi influence..you know Josef Mengele, Adolf Eichman, ODESSA files and all...
I read Bariloche had some NAZI influence..

I'm guessing not that much.  In Puerto Rico there is major racism and they didn't have any Nazi influence.  And most of these ex Nazi's didn't want to tip anyone off.  So they lived very quiet lives.
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 470