It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: New To the Forum!!  (Read 1675 times)

Offline EnglishYEspanol

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
New To the Forum!!
« on: February 27, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
Very happy to be here. I'm a bit opposite of both. I have a wonderful girl born and raised in the US but has dual citizenship in Colombia.

We're hoping to start gradually moving there and begin a new life. I'm really here to get a feel for how foreign men are dealing with living in Colombia as I have a hard time fathoming, even with my girlfriend trying to explain things to me.

One main question I have is how guys are able to move and create income in Colombia, so I hope this board can give some ideas of that. I am assuming a import/export business would be ideal, but I'm not sure of the ends and outs of it.

Anyway, thats a bit about me. Im happy to be here and going to get started going through some threads.

Thanx!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: New To the Forum!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:41:26 PM »
Very happy to be here. I'm a bit opposite of both. I have a wonderful girl born and raised in the US but has dual citizenship in Colombia.

Thanx!

Greetings sir, so do you have a girl as in a daughter or a girl as in a girlfriend?  Well either way, it sounds like you will be in for an adventure when you give it a go in Colombia.  Do you know what region of Colombia you might settle in on? Do you have any special talents or services you can provide that you might be able to use to make money in Colombia?
Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline EnglishYEspanol

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »
Girlfriend, sorry for the confusion. I don't really have any unique talents unfortunately. I have been racking my brain to think of things. Most importantly I need to learn English. And I think Ill begin learning serious webdesign/SEO skills, which will help me one way or another. Either in finding a job, or creating my own business. Any thoughts or advice about income? Is there something you'd suggest I learn or acquire before heading down there? (besides Spanish lol)
We'll be moving to Cali, as her family is from there. I have no idea what to expect, but I am so excited for this new adventure. I have been reading any and everything I can about Colombia.
Thanx for the reply Fathertime!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »

Offline whitey

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:00:34 PM »
Welcome EnglishyEspanol.

Are you saying you're moving to Cali, but have never been there, even for a visit?

The holy grail is having a web based business where you get paid in $US, but live anywhere you want.  Easy to say, harder to do.

By all accounts, starting and operating a business in Colombia, even if you are fluent in the language and the culture, is very difficult.

Most of the posting members here are not expats living in Colombia, although there are a few that may be able to give you some good advice.  You may want to check out Vanilla Forums Colombia ... lot's of expats posting there.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline EnglishYEspanol

• Probie
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:41 PM »
I know it seems crazy, I think it so too. I guess the move will be more gradual than I've made it seem. Probably take 18months in total. I am both feet in though.

I hear you on the online business thing, harder said than done.

I appreciate the advice on the other forum, I will venture over there.

I, I, I hahahahhaha (don't mind me)

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:29:44 AM »
Welcome!
I like Cali. Mostly because I have a good friend there.
I think you really should visit several times before you commit to anything. Particularly if you have anything less than conversational Spanish.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 181