It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"  (Read 26093 times)

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:10:04 AM »
Recently, there was a separate thread where some objected to me stating that the "value of being a man" was higher in Latin American countries.  I am not, necessarily, talking from a deep psychological perspective.   There are hundreds of examples that show this to be true. But some people here think such a claim is gibberish.  Look at this little TV commercial (one of hundreds with the same characterization), and tell me if things have not changed a ton in the last 30 years, tell me if things are not different in Latin America - HAHAHA

=> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMP4PF3DNg8

In the USA, "MEOW" is put on a silver tray, and men are constantly depicted as wanting something they can not have - Even if you are a 9 year old boy talking about your teacher being "cute" ( I am not making this up)

=> http://www.wsoctv.com/news/29910470/detail.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:20:20 AM by Zon »

Offline Zon

Re: In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:19:42 AM »
And can you imagine this ever happening in Colombia!!!!!   AND CAN YOU IMAGINE - if the genders were reversed - older guys with younger women!!!!!  $hit!! The FBI would be called in!!!   But, look how the current American culture embraces it ... I am not saying it is right, or wrong - just saying IT IS.

=>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpuyV5SIUNc
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:22:34 AM by Zon »

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »
OhI can tell I am going to like this forum. First of all Zon I could not agree more. My favorite example of the “men on pause” culture (if you can call it culture) of the US is the sit com kick in the nuts: woman kicks man in the groin and the laugh track goes off. Can you imagine a man kicking a woman in the groin? Out punching her in the breasts and the laugh track goes off? WTF is wrong with this picture. Men in the US are Balless. I can’t stand to go back there. They have sunk so low for the do anything for kitty attitude that it is disgusting. I taught Kung fu san soo for several years and it’s a matter of building character and teaching how to connect with the wild man inside, that you use when you fight and F___K. The men I taught were so far removed from the wild man that it took considerable effort to reengage them in their primordial intuitive masculinity. The other day I saw Charles Karouthammer on O Riely (whatever you think about him at least he still has a pair), and he said “Oh, Men are animals”. Yes we are and that is why women love us. Forget what they say, women love to be animalized. Yes they will say I want a man that is detaillista bla bla, but when it comes to what matters most, bed and protection, they want an animal that commands them.

Women belly ache in the US that men are whimps, and they cannot find a man. Da wonder why. Women are prisoners of their own devise, they made men into good little kitty whipped followers and now women are dissatisfied with men in the US. There animals are now domistecated pusy cats.

Here in Latin America I love to watch the men out on Friday night and the women at home. I love to watch the men and their “so what if I do what I do when I want to do it. We (men) all do it that way, so what” attitude. They still have brotherhood here. Women have destroyed the brotherhood in the US. I love that the women will not talk to one another about what they saw their man doing because if they do the other woman says “Ha! Well I saw your man with so and so!” I love that Latin American MEN cheat! That’s what men do. They spread the seed baby. And any of you that disagree need to get the mirror out because; One, you might be so fat and out of shape you need that mirror to see if you still have a sack; Two, You need to take a long look in it face to face and ask yourself what has become of your masculinity that you will so easily cave for the kitty.

I live in Latin America because at my age, and I am still in shape, I bang young women all the time. Actually if I was not very picky because I am jaded I could bang a different woman every week (not hookers). I have a 22 year old beautiful woman heads over heals in love with me (and I am more tha twice her age) and she is about a 7.5 and super swwet takes a bus two hours each way to see me twice a week), for play starts the moment she get off the bus and we are in the sack about 30 min to an hour later after some wine and chit chat and lingere presents etc. She says she loves my maturity and confidence. Look I have above average looks and have some experience, but what makes me attractive is my confidence. I speak my mind and I am assertive. I am always me. That does not mean I am selfish. It means I am consitently who I am. I tell them they are beautiful and let them know I want them. Eventually if not sooner, they come around. Yes I buy them pretty little things at times and offer other kind gestures as a friend would. The point is I am not a doormat. I tell them what I want. Then I talk with them as women. I don’t talk to them as if they are goddesses. They are women. Most of them can’t understand normal thinking.

Look if you walk into a place and know that you own it. You own it! Its confidence that women want. They want to feel they are with a man who is a man. Someone that will protect them and bang the bajeezez out of em. All the rest of the crap they tell you is Delilah type of stuff designed to enslave you, you know like Samson and the haircut.

Its really that easy. That is if you have confidence and belive in brotherhood. If you buy that man is nothing without woman then gues what – you are nothing. And you have no confidence. Confidence and a well defined character is what matter most. Women want to know that you are who you are. But men are afraid that they will be rejected for showing their true selves. Aww poor little boys. So Rejected. I love rejection! Rejection means that I am one step closer to my goal. Think about it. And grow a pair.
"but we who knew that different truths can coexist thought not that we were lowering ourselves by countenancing another's truth, unpalatable though it might seem."

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »

Offline Zon

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
HAHAHHA
Think about it. And grow a pair.

Well, welcome, and I understand what you are saying.  I think your perspective and input would be valued here since you live in South America ... you obviously would have much to offer.

A word of warning, however, the group here tends to be rather "DEMURE" in their comments about ladies (despite behavior that is often to the contrary).  I expect you are going to receive push back for using the verb "bang" :)

But, seriously, what are your feelings towards relationships / marriage?  And, how have they changed (if they have) since you have lived in South America.  What city are you living in?

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this: this series of Miller Lite commercials is more evidence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lZR7SMe6f4

Offline Zon

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 02:23:10 PM »
Now does that cover your questions Zon?

YEP!
I think your gonna pretty easily take my position off this board as the brash, arrogant,  truth sayer!  HAHAHAThis place is in great need of new people and perspectives.   As long as they are valid, and yours are, I say WELCOME ABOARD.  What city do you live in?

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Trips: > 10
Zon, keep up the good work!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 02:37:19 PM »

In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"....really? and even on television? OMG!

More groundbreaking info from the great Zon! hahaha!

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »
Hey Zon good call, every time I see that PC Matic commerical on the telly I want to put my foot through the TV set. And my dad who is 87 thinks it's the most digusting of the 'ball buster' genre of television commercials on the TV he has been "subjected to in the last 30 years" (his words). 
Hey I wonder if there is a spanish version showing on Univision or Telemundo?
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline Calipro

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
Recently, there was a separate thread where some objected to me stating that the "value of being a man" was higher in Latin American countries. 

Anybody that would argue that point just isn't paying attention....it starts at birth in Colombia....just look at the way they treat their sons compared to their daughters.

If you don't like the way men are depicted in commercials here in the states.....I don't recommend that you watch this movie Hall Pass 2011

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480687/

Took a super hot calena half my age  to see it and was never more embarrassed to be an american in my life.  I hate movies that show the world just how bad we have it here. jejeje

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »
Anybody that would argue that point just isn't paying attention....it starts at birth in Colombia....just look at the way they treat their sons compared to their daughters.

If you don't like the way men are depicted in commercials here in the states.....I don't recommend that you watch this movie Hall Pass 2011

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480687/

Took a super hot calena half my age  to see it and was never more embarrassed to be an american in my life.  I hate movies that show the world just how bad we have it here. jejeje

Oh come off it Calipro. How long have men been portrayed as idiots in movies and on television. The reason? Because men don't complain about it. Check out this article:

http://m.askmen.com/daily/austin_60/65_fashion_style.html

Is it that guys are idiots or is it that men aren't as sensitive as others? Studies have shown the average man's IQ is 3 to 5 points higher than the average woman's IQ.

I can't believe that you would be embarassed by a movie...dude it's just a movie. If you are with a woman and embarassed by a movie you must not be that confident in the first place.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline CeeTeeEnn

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »
Although i cannot agree with every point you make, Aconcepts, your quote "If you buy that man is nothing without woman then gues what – you are nothing" is so on-the-ball (typo permitting) it should be the basis of a logical pre-condition for any guy signing up to P-L.

As for the media portraying men as eunuchs... if you cannot abide it, do something about it. Ignore TV ads - it's easy. Blacklist products or channels that demean men. Turn your back on Hollywood and check out Euro Arthouse cinema instead. Kick them all where it hurts - in the pocket.

Offline Zon

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 06:13:23 AM »
Who ever wants to gloss over this as NORMAL, is greatly mistaken.  I am NOT saying it is right, or wrong ... but, how could anybody say it is not real.  You never saw this 20 years ago!

http://www.glennsacks.com/mysterious_decline_where.htm

http://www.cato-unbound.org/2011/08/16/kay-hymowitz/the-decline-of-men-is-a-womens-issue/

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/04/wolcott200804

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/07/the-end-of-men/8135/

Scholarly publications, Washington "think tanks", Right wing media, Left wing media ... it is everywhere.  Only those men that LIKE IT, fail to SEE IT.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 08:43:56 AM »
I would not say that the typical Colobmian guy is so "manly" in many respects. Usually they are major mama's boys who cannot even function without a woman taking care of them, many are irresponsible and do not support their own children. And many of them are more fashion conscious and preoccupied with their skinny jeans and hair styles than many of the women I met there. 

That being said, I see a bigger problem in States with other issues as mentioned by other posters.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 08:43:56 AM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »
Who ever wants to gloss over this as NORMAL, is greatly mistaken.  I am NOT saying it is right, or wrong ... but, how could anybody say it is not real.  You never saw this 20 years ago!

http://www.glennsacks.com/mysterious_decline_where.htm

http://www.cato-unbound.org/2011/08/16/kay-hymowitz/the-decline-of-men-is-a-womens-issue/

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/04/wolcott200804

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/07/the-end-of-men/8135/

Scholarly publications, Washington "think tanks", Right wing media, Left wing media ... it is everywhere.  Only those men that LIKE IT, fail to SEE IT.

The big question here is not whether anyone fails to SEE IT but who gives a crap? Really, who gives a crap how men are portayed on television?

Researcher

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
"Needy Losers"

American men have gleefully accepted this position.

We have abdicated our leadership authority and you are simply observing the consequences.

We allow Madison ave. (the advertising companies) and Hollywood to convince us that closet gay metrosexual men are the norm and acceptable and men in general should be de-masculated at every turn in POP culture for the amusement of women.  Why?  Remember most studies show that women make most of the buying decisions.....(what f*cker came up with this statistic?)

We allow our divorce and criminal laws to be changed to favor women in most all circumstances; you can blame our judges and politicians for this, pandering to Feminists and their well funded lobbyist groups.  (Our constitutional right to "Due Process under the Law" does not exist in divorce court)

We allow our children to be raised with the idea that women and men are the same in a marriage; equal in every respect, and reduce the institution of marriage to a generic non gender specific 'partnering'; a financial arrangement between two adults of the proper age.

So whats the problem with this you may ask?

Everyone.....This is the ultimate mind-clusterf*ck!! 

Changing marriages to gender neutral "partners" means that ANY two people can be partners, two men, two women....get it?  This is the last institution that Feminists attacked because it was the most difficult to deconstruct. 

Some men are clueless to the ulterior motives of this "men and women are equal" agenda and are unwittingly tools and mouthpieces for the Feminist agenda.

Once they drink the purple "men and women are equal" kool-aid their brain is turned to the dark side and they will almost kill to support any agenda put forth under the "man and women are equal" agenda.  (The extreme Feminists have made some serious progress!)

So.....Let me break it down and clear the Purple Haze:

Men and women are UNEQUAL, in almost every respect.  Not  a Polictically Correct statement, but the truth!!

We think different, socialize different, are physically different and the list goes on. 

DIFFERENT AND UNEQUAL does NOT imply men are better than women, or that MEN have more rights, or anything foolish like that.  (This is where the Feminists and their sychophats try to trap you) 

Both parties just happen to bring very different, valuable and essential assets to the table.  This is a good thing!

Just in terms of marriage itself, both bring unique and essential skills to the union; men bring their strength, they protect and provide leadership, women nurture and have babies, both together provide the fundamental foundation of a healthy marriage. 

Of course there are many many other subtleties that a father (male) will bring to a marriage and his family, and likewise for  the mother (woman).  A man and a woman are the foundation for a healthy relationship and the provide the optimum environment for the raising of children and the building of strong communities and institutions.

The attacks seen in American pop culture and in  American courtrooms every day are a direct a result of the some very stupid men being co-opted and buying into and profiting from the "men and women are equal" Feminist agenda.

Fems have made it clear.  Males/Husband are NEVER to be equated with LEADERSHIP!  NEVER!!

Why, because when men lead, they (wrongfully) contend, we are flawed.

Feminists want everyone to believe that:

men are tyrants and bullies
men abuse women
men are closet paedophiles and molest girls and boys
men lack leadership skills
men have no compassion

Based on all those "facts" who would want a man (husband) to be a leader??? 

So whats the Feminists solution??

Women (wife) Leaders of course!!

.....just look at the movies and TV, men are just "needy losers".  Those "needy losers" need a strong woman to take over and bring some real leadership skills to the situation!!

Poppycock!!

Guys, its time to break this cycle of stupidity and complacence!

Real men, who understand the situation, have to reassert "manhood" and challenge any laws  that take away and abrogate our rights, publically reject media that portray men as bitchboys and closet gays (metrosexuals) and never allow gender neutral language concerning marriage to be the law of the land.

Also, we much teach our sons to recognize these challenges, follow in our footsteps, challenge all the Feminist lies and arguments and end the Feminist mindf*ck.

Real must mean LEAD.

You can't SHARE power, because at the end of the day, one person has to be the decider and make the FINAL decision. 

A good women will respect your leadership because she understands and accepts her role...and she will embrace you and trust you and put her life (and the children's) in your hands.....

As the Leader.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:24 AM »
     The big question here is not whether anyone fails to SEE IT but who gives a crap? Really, who gives a crap how men are portayed on television?

Researcher

It's not like I think about the way men are treated on USA TV alot. In fact I'm sure a lot of the 'low blows' that are part of the shows and commericials go unnoticed by me, as I'm not looking for them.

But it does annoy me somewhat that it's indicative of the fact that the American male has come to be treated as a bit of a buffoon and is often played as a rather spineless and witless character to boot. When I think about it, most of the so called 'leading men' in Hollywood today typically seem kind of weird too---a couple cards short of a full deck.

I chosen to 'go my own way', but I won't pretend that the situation doesn't annoy me to some extent, as I don't feel it's good for our nation as a whole, especially not for our children.

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 02:54:33 PM »

With the economy in the crapper and all the problems that come with it I doubt the way men are portrayed on television is at the top of the list of concerns for anyone.

The biggest reason I don't care is that I found a solution: Marrying a foreign woman! hahaha! I'm looking like a genius to all my friends who are married to or date AWs. So what do I care how men are portrayed on TV.

Researcher

Offline Calipro

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 05:26:34 PM »
I would not say that the typical Colobmian guy is so "manly" in many respects. Usually they are major mama's boys who cannot even function without a woman taking care of them, many are irresponsible and do not support their own children. And many of them are more fashion conscious and preoccupied with their skinny jeans and hair styles than many of the women I met there. 

That being said, I see a bigger problem in States with other issues as mentioned by other posters.

I agree with your observations but I don't really think it's a bad thing to be a bit conscious about your looks and dress.

But you have to ask yourself just how did these clueless colombianos ever get so on top of the situation when it comes to their women. And if I had to pick one reason...it would be that they don't marry other guys ex-wives especially if they have his kids and are over thirty.

As a taxista put it to me one day.....you guys come here and marry the women that a colombian gardener would not marry. jajaja!!!

Although an exaggeration for sure.....I got the point.....American guys worried about marrying the youngest hottest thing because they are afraid she will leave them for something better in America makes you look like a "needy loser" in Colombia.

But, who really cares what the reality of the situation in Colombia is.....because after you get her here in the states you'll go from "needy loser" to "freakin genius" overnight..... to your american friends that are getting sex once a month with a rather homely wife and getting disrespected daily by their step children. LOL!!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:42:19 PM by Calipro »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »
But, who really cares what the reality of the situation in Colombia is.....because after you get her here in the states you'll go from "needy loser" to "freakin genius" overnight..... to your american friends that are getting sex once a month with a rather homely wife and getting disrespected daily by their step children. LOL!!!

I know guys like that but I have a mix of single and married friends so a generalization like that is useless. What I can say is you will look like a genius to guys in the US....period. I don't know why many guys in the US don't realize they have options.

I'm glad to see you are learning Calipro but hey no need to go to a taxista to learn. I'm sure the wife hunters would be glad to help you out.

Researcher

Offline fathertime

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 08:22:05 PM »

There is absolutely no doubt once the woman is here and proves to be faithful over a period of time that the 'needy loser' is actually the guy who made the right moves.  I have no ideal how some of my friends can stand the people they are married to, they just don't know the options or are too frightened to actually consider foreign women.  I sometimes wonder what some super successful and handsome man is thinking  when we are talking and the wives are there.  In some cases you can almost see him doing a little 'social comparison' and becoming befuddled. 

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline CeeTeeEnn

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 10:11:12 PM »
"I have no ideal how some of my friends can stand the people they are married to, they just don't know the options or are too frightened to actually consider foreign women."

I beleive there are still strong social pressures in all the Western world discouraging men from outsourcing their marital needs abroad. A guy from a closed small-town society might well fancy the idea but worry about feeling socially isolated once he brings his wife home - he could be labelled by idle talkers as a loser and abuser who cannot find (ergo, put up with) a local woman and consequently be outcast from social events etc. In the cities, thankfully this is less of a problem.  Nonetheless, this entire undertaking is not one for those easily influenced by peer or media pressure.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 11:05:32 PM »
The biggest reason I don't care is that I found a solution: Marrying a foreign woman! hahaha!
Heard dat! 
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Brazilophile

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 11:06:17 PM »
Related to how men are treated in the US these days is what was reported this evening.  A 9 year old boy was charged with sexual harassment by his school for telling a classmate that he thought their teacher was cute.

I don't know all the details about this incident but on the surface it sure seems like political correctness between males and females has gone to the Twilight Zone.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 11:06:17 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 12:02:34 AM »
"I have no ideal how some of my friends can stand the people they are married to, they just don't know the options or are too frightened to actually consider foreign women."

I beleive there are still strong social pressures in all the Western world discouraging men from outsourcing their marital needs abroad. A guy from a closed small-town society might well fancy the idea but worry about feeling socially isolated once he brings his wife home - he could be labelled by idle talkers as a loser and abuser who cannot find (ergo, put up with) a local woman and consequently be outcast from social events etc. In the cities, thankfully this is less of a problem.  Nonetheless, this entire undertaking is not one for those easily influenced by peer or media pressure.

well ctn, i believe you are correct here....in part i think it is a defense mechanism for men/women to make these sort of assertions when they see an slightly older man with a very attractive younger wife....i can understand why this would happen....you are correct if a person is overly concerned about what might be said behind his back, then that man should consider sticking with his less attractive options in the hometown!   for me, i enjoy my role in life and if it ruffles feathers here and there that is a good thing! jaja

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 09:43:43 AM »

"But you have to ask yourself just how did these clueless colombianos ever get so on top of the situation when it comes to their women. "

Not much to ask or wonder about. It is strictly supply and demand in action. There is a huge number of attractive, available women in Colombia. And not too many marriage or relationship minded guys there. So if you are a woman interested in having a normal long term relationship, home, pet, kids, all that, then your options are very few and far between with Colombian guys. So they seem to just have these women chasing all over them, hoping they can get some kind of stability or some sort of normal relationship.  Even if it is just a slight chance it will actually happen.

And the second factor is that almost all Colombians that I met are very social outgoing people. So they are going to actively search out relationships, even if they are temporary ones while many gringas or women from other cultures have no problem doing their own thing or staying out of relationships. Even if the guy is a momma's boy or no cash or whatever, something is better than nothing. Unfortunately it seems that a lot of these short term "non-serious" relationships end up with an unwanted pregnancy and the guy splits soon after.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345