It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: All Colombian Girls? Worth a visit or not?  (Read 8446 times)

Offline Quixote9

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
All Colombian Girls? Worth a visit or not?
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:55:49 PM »
I am thinking about trying an agency again.  I've been using various cupid sites for the last couple of years, and it involves a lot of work ahead of time on my part that usually doesn't amount to more than a few nice dates and some one night stands.
Haven't had the greatest track record with agencies either, but usually I meet at least one girl I want for my girlfriend and fall in love with. Of course 8 months later everything will go to crap!  :o
I have heard bad things about all the Colombian agencies going downhill in the last few years.  That agencies are not actively recruiting new girls and a lot of girls in major cities are now bored with gringos and no longer find them exotic. That you have to go to the smaller cities to get the same level of interest as you did 10 years ago.  After 12 trips to Colombia, not really sure where it is safe to travel outside the city... any tips?
Anyway, was thinking of checking out Cali as I have never tried that city. Also was interested in checking out san Augustine ruins nearby.  So is All Colombian Girls any good? Any other good agencies, or is it still pretty much International-Introductions the only legit operation in Colombia?
"It is imperative each knight has a lady; a knight without a lady is a body without a soul. To whom would he dedicate his conquests? What visions sustain him when he sallies forth to do battle with evil and with giants?" Miguel de Cervantes - The Man of La Mancha

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: All Colombian Girls? Worth a visit or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:12:07 PM »
That agencies are not actively recruiting new girls and a lot of girls in major cities are now bored with gringos and no longer find them exotic.
When you get your woman back to the States you won't be exotic when you take her to the Wal-Mart in Des Moines (as Dr. House would say... haha). If many Colombianas don't find gringos to be as exotic these days... that wouldn't be a bad thing... if your goal is a long-term relationship in the States... if hooking up is the goal... then it is bad news.
ACG didn't get a great review recently... but clearly they still are in business and are legit. 12 trips to Colombia so far... have you thought about any other countries? Any other methods of locating women?
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Quixote9

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 07:45:31 AM »
Now that I think back it has only been 10 trips to Colombia.  First three for novia #1.  5 trips to visit novia #2 (but I also flew her out to Mexico for a sixth visit).  And two other trips I went solo, once to Medellin and the other to Cartagena.
I went to the Philippines and Peru, but didn't meet anyone I was interested in.  Philippines does have some very smart and pretty girls though, and they seem to be much more considerate than Colombian girls.  I would go back there, but it seems like most of the year it is too hot or too rainy for a nice visit.
"It is imperative each knight has a lady; a knight without a lady is a body without a soul. To whom would he dedicate his conquests? What visions sustain him when he sallies forth to do battle with evil and with giants?" Miguel de Cervantes - The Man of La Mancha

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 07:45:31 AM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:56:38 AM »
I recently used ACG and the results were somewhat mixed. You can read the trip report (Cali Trip Report - July 2013).  They will definitely get you dates but don't expect to see ANY of the ones in the database on their website. Overall the girls were generally nice and showed up more or less on time. But they were mostly average in the looks department.

Before I went to Cali "Stnmasn" wrote a review about his recent experience with ACG in 2012. My experience was similar to his.
This is the thread where he discussed it: http://www.planet-love.com/index.php?topic=7565.0  and here is the quote of what he said about ACG:
 "Last september I visited  Ricardos ACG in Cali.....i found it  to be not a bad option for meeting girls ...  it was kinda weak,,,,, .  Meager office/lounge area..... That being said...  The girls that i did choose to meet with did show up and were prompt, receptive, and very nice. They would have been worth pursuing had they been a little hotter.  I didnt really see one one his list of most recent and  available girls that was super hot.   Also negotiate with him on price and what you will receive for your money ."

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »
The real question is what exactly are you looking for and why in all these trips have you not found it? If finding an educated professional is a top priority then you are looking in the wrong city (think Bogota instead... or Mexico City which is way ahead of Bogota in English and Education). Are you looking for girls that can easily get to the States for a visit... maybe Brazil or Argentina makes more sense.
Education not a big deal? English level doesn't really matter? Just looking for a fresh pond to fish? Nicaragua is being compared to what Costa Rica was decades ago... if the Nicas in Costa Rica are gringo crazy I can't imagine what they would be in Managua.
One thing I can imagine is how cheap Central America could be for you. A RT flight from Chicago to Managua is around $400 to $450 roundtrip. Hotels are really cheap. Should leave plenty in the budget for a massive newspaper ad.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
Philippines does have some very smart and pretty girls though, and they seem to be much more considerate than Colombian girls. I would go back there, but it seems like most of the year it is too hot or too rainy for a nice visit.
Dewd, you ain't going there for the weather.  ???    ;)
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline JasonA

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 06:51:04 AM »
Anyone else think that BCC's newspaper ad is an invitation to get robbed or killed? That's the first thing that comes to my mind every time he talks about it. Also, it just seems very desperate. I'm not sure if the local women would see it that way, but my pride (and common sense?) would never allow me to run such an ad in the paper.

Speaking of new ponds to fish in...  Anyone on here ever go to Slovakia or the Czech Republic? Outside of Sweden, those may be the most beautiful women in Europe.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:54:37 AM by JasonA »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 07:15:26 AM »
As to what BCC said:

>>>Yep, read what he wrote.. pretty accurate. My only additional advice is placing a newspaper personal advertisement and joining plenty of fish (it is free).<<

Nah--I wouldn't do it and if anyone did, I'd advise a very careful screening process and a few meetings in very public places the first meetings with women. Even then, some women will wait a VERY long time to 'set the hook' before taking a guy to the cleaners.

There was a thread here a while back that showed the huge billboard that some guy--he was not terribly bad looking, and was successful economically at that, set up on a busy street. He indicated he was looking for a wife and he got plenty of action. Never found out how it turned out, but I for sure wouldn't do that!

As for Eastern Europe, the Scandinavian  area countries, former USSR nations, Russia--in my experience, there are some absolute stunningly beautiful women there. However, many of these areas are very hard scrabble, corrupt, crime ridden nations. The men tend to reflect this, alcoholism is a big problem and the ladies grow up tough, sometimes cold blooded and very calculating. Even the highly educated ones. BobS could tell you a whole lot  more.

I was very sweet on a lovely Asian/Russian gal born and raised in rough Kazakhstan --she  had university degrees as an RN and as a Teacher, both her parents were Doctors. She never showed the slightest sign of anything wrong--she was tall and one of the most beautiful women on earth, yet sweet, funny and humble--but also street smart, having been robbed several times. I am firmly convinced she was a winner, so if you sift through enough barrels of dirt, there's a diamond or two in there somewhere, I figure. Some fellow is a lucky, lucky guy today.We communicated a long time, but eventually I had to make a decision--definitely in the top three I'll always remember fondly....

Question is, do want to go places where the beauties are all over the place, but the one's you'd actually be happy married to are hard to find? It would take a lot more time and money than South America or the Philippines, I think
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:22:25 AM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 10:27:01 AM »
BCC's newspaper ad is an invitation to get robbed or killed?
I hate to say it but if a newspaper ad scares you it might be best to stay home. Is it riskier to do in Colombia than Argentina... probably... but isn't just about everything? You can outsource the ad to an agency... you can have a translator run it or your hotel run it.
Take Costa Rica for instance... The thought of anyone messing with you at the Multiplaza in Escazu is downright laughable. It's very high end and secure. There is no doubt in my mind that there is no more risk than meeting women online than meeting through the newspaper.
If you go through and read the last trip report to Cali the guy didn't meet women in the age range he was looking for and he tried the agencies and internet. I'd suggest he made a mistake somewhere along the way online but a newspaper ad would have been a big help.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »

As for Eastern Europe, the Scandinavian  area countries, former USSR nations, Russia--in my experience, there are some absolute stunningly beautiful women there. However, many of these areas are very hard scrabble, corrupt, crime ridden nations. The men tend to reflect this, alcoholism is a big problem and the ladies grow up tough, sometimes cold blooded and very calculating. Even the highly educated ones. BobS could tell you a whole lot  more.
Realistically there is a big difference from flying into Vienna and taking a high speed ferry into Bratislava than flying into Minsk. Plus I think you have to consider the difference in generations. How you describe women is probably accurate for Kiev in 1994 or 2004... but is it true for a 22 year old college grad from Bratislava that was born in the early 1990s? Probably not.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 10:36:52 AM »
I hate to say it but if a newspaper ad scares you it might be best to stay home. Is it riskier to do in Colombia than Argentina... probably... but isn't just about everything? You can outsource the ad to an agency... you can have a translator run it or your hotel run it.
Take Costa Rica for instance... The thought of anyone messing with you at the Multiplaza in Escazu is downright laughable. It's very high end and secure. There is no doubt in my mind that there is no more risk than meeting women online than meeting through the newspaper.
If you go through and read the last trip report to Cali the guy didn't meet women in the age range he was looking for and he tried the agencies and internet. I'd suggest he made a mistake somewhere along the way online but a newspaper ad would have been a big help.

BCC: I recently asked you about the newspaper add you ran in Costa Rica for your buddy under the old thread you posted (Trip Report on Costa Rica). Maybe you missed it so I will ask here:

Tell me (us) a bit about the add you ran for your buddy.
1. Sounds like it generated a lot of interest from attractive and decent ladies?
2. Also, what was the basic content of the add, types of photos, etc.   
3. Was there a concern he'd get scammed by some criminal elements? So how did he screen for that? 

Finally, you said your buddy ended up picking a nice, petite Tica girl. Did he meet her via the newspaper add or somewhere else?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:38:26 AM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline ColombianLoco

• Probie
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »

Haven't had the greatest track record with agencies either, but usually I meet at least one girl I want for my girlfriend and fall in love with. Of course 8 months later everything will go to crap!  :o

Quixote9, I'm currently considering two agencies in Bogota, Introductions by Consuelo and Latin Lifemates.  I've done a fair amount of research on both and they both seem like solid options given what I'm looking for (an intelligent, educated colombian woman).  Some guys find girls from Cali/Medellin/Barranquilla more attractive but if you go on Consuelo's or LLM's site you'll see that there are plenty of really beautiful women in Bogota.         

Would you mind telling us more about what you mean by your previous relationships going to crap within 8 months? Maybe it'll help some of us who are about to follow on your footsteps learn from your experiences.  Thanks. [/size]  [size=78%]

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
Yes the newspaper ad even works in a well traveled tourist country like Costa Rica.
You can post your cell number and email, but I advise expecting a photo before meeting. Some women will jerk you around and hide behind their phones texting if you let them (welcome to 2013)... but yea we got a bunch of calls/texts every day... some we didn't even get to. The ad worked for him, and he was lucky enough to have my wife screening calls. You don't have to put your photo in the paper, but I suggest it.
29 year old North American... college educated professional... athletic... 185 cm... etc... looking for serious relations/wife. That ad gets results.
Will someone call the advertisement with the intent to scam you? Probably, yes. Is she a green card chaser? Does she have friends and will set you up to get mugged? This is very possible as well.
So lets say we know the Multiplaza in Escazu is safe and secure. So that becomes the meeting place. So you pay any girl's bus fare to there. If she refuses to meet there just cross her off the list. If you get a bad feeling about her at the Multiplaza just give her the fare money and send her on her way. Walk over to the movies and watch something for a couple hours... then walk right out the main exit (plenty of people and security) directly into a cab.
The reality is that nobody looking to mug you is going to meet you at Chili's in the multiplaza. They'll want you to come get them at the bus stop in San Jose or something. They won't meet you on your terms. You may find yourself in a situation that your time gets wasted. You tell them the meeting place 3 or 4 times and then they say they are somewhere else and don't have bus fare... and that you need to come get them. Obviously just stop communicating with them. It doesn't matter if you meet them online or through the paper...it is up to you to stay out of dangerous situations.
In Costa Rica I wasn't really concerned about any criminal element at a high end mall with security. You've got to vet them pretty hard though. We did meet women that lied about kids for example. Plus it is easy to find yourself going off in the wrong direction after hot ass.
As an example we met these two girls and grabbed some Pizza Hut so we could talk. One of the girls was insanely hot to the point my wife was commenting to me in English about it. Thankfully my wife is not short on confidence so it was more us just having a laugh and being entertained. One of the girls was 24 and my buddy was not interested in her... the hot one was 18 and had just gotten out of high school for the day. I figured she might have been 20 or something, but that was just too much for me. Neither of us thought my buddy should see this girl again, but we were pretty damn sure he was going to. But once we left he admitted he had a bad feeling about it in his stomach once he found out she was still in high school... so we moved on. Not too many guys could have done that... so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about being safe overseas. The real challenge is vetting these girls. Maybe an agency can figure out if the woman has kids or not (most of the time)... but they can't vet her in who she is as a person and if she is right for you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:14:31 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »

Offline JasonA

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 11:08:44 PM »
Realistically there is a big difference from flying into Vienna and taking a high speed ferry into Bratislava than flying into Minsk. Plus I think you have to consider the difference in generations. How you describe women is probably accurate for Kiev in 1994 or 2004... but is it true for a 22 year old college grad from Bratislava that was born in the early 1990s? Probably not.

Give it a rest with the internet genius routine...  Your posts are becoming less and less tolerable.

And I was being nice earlier. Your newspaper ad is retarded.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:21:38 PM by JasonA »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 12:22:04 AM »
Give it a rest with the internet genius routine...  Your posts are becoming less and less tolerable.

And I was being nice earlier. Your newspaper ad is retarded.
The newspaper response was directed towards another poster that asked directly and based on my personal experience. Also if you had followed along a little better Robert Angel posted an old school negative response and while I agree with what he says historically... I counter balanced that in favor of visiting a place like Slovakia... which is exactly what you were suggesting.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 07:21:20 AM »
I am thinking about trying an agency again.  I've been using various cupid sites for the last couple of years, and it involves a lot of work ahead of time on my part that usually doesn't amount to more than a few nice dates and some one night stands.
I have heard bad things about all the Colombian agencies going downhill in the last few years.  That agencies are not actively recruiting new girls and a lot of girls in major cities are now bored with gringos and no longer find them exotic. That you have to go to the smaller cities to get the same level of interest as you did 10 years ago.  After 12 trips to Colombia, not really sure where it is safe to travel outside the city... any tips?
Anyway, was thinking of checking out Cali as I have never tried that city. Also was interested in checking out san Augustine ruins nearby.  So is All Colombian Girls any good? Any other good agencies, or is it still pretty much International-Introductions the only legit operation in Colombia?
The newspaper response was directed towards another poster that asked directly and based on my personal experience. Also if you had followed along a little better Robert Angel posted an old school negative response and while I agree with what he says historically... I counter balanced that in favor of visiting a place like Slovakia... which is exactly what you were suggesting.

As to being  'old school negative", I stand by my post. While none of us are expert on the huge variety of nations broadly mentioned, I deliberately left out China. China used to strike me as having a whole lot of women who would be 'all about a guy' then go cold and disappear without any explanation, apparently having found a bigger fish to pursue. Seems that things besides the booming economy, have changed and aside from some language challenges (which have lessened too), China seems like a better place to look for a bride. But from what I read, the other nations/areas haven't gotten much better overall. The newspaper ad just seems to me to be a silly, potentialy dangerous short cut.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »
China seems like a better place to look for a bride. But from what I read, the other nations/areas haven't gotten much better overall. The newspaper ad just seems to me to be a silly, potentialy dangerous short cut.
China is a good place to hunt. I saw a guy do it while I was in high school and it basically educated me on the process in some ways. They are married with kids to this day. I don't take issue with what you said about the FSU either. But I'm sure you also realize this is 2013 and not 1993... it is a different generation these days and Slovakia is going to be exactly like Kazakhstan.
I'm not sure how a newspaper ad is a s "short-cut". It is slower than running into a woman publicly. It is slower than telling an agency who you want to meet off their "menu". The one thing dealing with a newspaper ad in reality is that you need a fair amount of patience. It is no faster or slower than online dating. Sure you can online Skype to try and weed out women with less than sincere intentions... but you can do the same with a newspaper ad. To think you are safer using (fake and real) internet profiles than a newspaper advertisement is a very false sense of security. You either use common sense when screening a meeting women... or you don't.
What I can say from a practical perspective is that the newspaper provides hot leads. Girls call and email all day. Plus if you keep track of the 8 to 20 calls/emails/texts you get per day compared to the cost to run it... there is no better value out there... unless you are meeting girls for free.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
I'm not sure how a newspaper ad is a s "short-cut". It is slower than running into a woman publicly. It is slower than telling an agency who you want to meet off their "menu". The one thing dealing with a newspaper ad in reality is that you need a fair amount of patience. It is no faster or slower than online dating. Sure you can online Skype to try and weed out women with less than sincere intentions... but you can do the same with a newspaper ad. To think you are safer using (fake and real) internet profiles than a newspaper advertisement is a very false sense of security. You either use common sense when screening a meeting women... or you don't.
What I can say from a practical perspective is that the newspaper provides hot leads. Girls call and email all day. Plus if you keep track of the 8 to 20 calls/emails/texts you get per day compared to the cost to run it... there is no better value out there... unless you are meeting girls for free.

Thanks for elaborating on the newspaper add. I know that running a newspaper add is a service ACG offers its clients. I don't think it is all that crazy of an idea. I do think it is more risky/dangerous than just contacting girls online (LAC, CC, etc.) but with proper screening/safeguards it sounds like it produces results/leads.

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »
Thanks Bcc for sharing your opinions.

I've dated in Russia back when I was in the computer business.  Some of my best memories were walking on a date through Gorky park with a beautiful tall blonde Russian girl.  A little snow on the trees, and a brisk wind blowing.  Absolutely surreal......

I've never tried the newspaper ad idea, but it's interesting.  I just don't know how many girls read the newspaper anymore??  They look like they are all on their phone these days to me.....

All of this International dating is totally crazy in my opinion.  It's just about what flavor of crazy you choose.

Lately I've been having groups of Filipina girls charter my sailing catamaran for bachelorette parties.  Large groups of Filipinas,,,,,,drinking like fish and screaming.  Yesterday I had one particular very pretty girl on my boat with the last name of "Jones"  The other girls were teasing her because my last name is also Jones.  I asked her where she got that last name and she said from some "white guy".....  Of course no wedding ring on her finger, and she had clearly moved on from her "Mr. Jones", but kept his name.  Most likely kept a few other things of his too, like his sanity and some of his money.

"But for the grace of God there go I"...ha ha ha.

This board has been alot more fun to read lately without all the needless insults and rudeness.  After all we are all in the same boat.  Really no need to fight among ourselves it seems to me.

China is a good place to hunt. I saw a guy do it while I was in high school and it basically educated me on the process in some ways. They are married with kids to this day. I don't take issue with what you said about the FSU either. But I'm sure you also realize this is 2013 and not 1993... it is a different generation these days and Slovakia is going to be exactly like Kazakhstan.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »
Newspaper ad…I am skeptical on the quality (physical appearance) of gals that would respond to an ad in a newspaper…as jwr pointed out also I don’t think I’ve ever seen a young latina read a newspaper…I’d rather be the one choosing who I wanted to see rather than having to rely on a lady choose me…maybe it would work better for some young handsome man in his 20’s but I can’t see it being an ideal avenue for a guy in his late 30's 40’s and up.

Fathertime! 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:42:17 PM by fathertime »
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »

Thanks for elaborating on the newspaper add. I know that running a newspaper add is a service ACG offers its clients. I don't think it is all that crazy of an idea. I do think it is more risky/dangerous than just contacting girls online (LAC, CC, etc.) but with proper screening/safeguards it sounds like it produces results/leads.
The people that read the newspaper are likely to be an educated professional and in many cases women show the ad to single women they know. We were looking for women only in their 20s... when you extend the search to 30s that's when the pool gets really big. I just haven't see any argument made by anyone to persuade me that the newspaper is any more dangerous than internet dating.
Doesn't matter if it is a personal site online or she emails you from an advertisement in the paper. You've got to vet them all. Get them on Skype if you can. Meet in a safe place with security. Just use common sense.
I can only imagine the response someone would get in certain parts of Latin America... especially if they extend their search to 30s.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:41:45 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
Thanks Bcc for sharing your opinions.

I've dated in Russia back when I was in the computer business.  Some of my best memories were walking on a date through Gorky park with a beautiful tall blonde Russian girl.  A little snow on the trees, and a brisk wind blowing.  Absolutely surreal......

Typo there. I meant to say Slovakia is going to be a lot different than Kazakhstan. It is such a huge region with a lot of cultural change. The same is true all over the world. If you ask Latinas about men they'll say the younger generation tends to be less machista... which they think is good. So while I respect the advice of somebody that went through the process in say 1998 or something... I also respect that Donetsk, 1998 and Bratislava 2013 could be a bit different culturally and economically. Just a random example and why I wouldn't feel comfortable steering men towards or away from the FSU currently.

Offline jselva

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 09:30:07 PM »
I really believe Colombian women have something special that the men the world over talk about and want in their life. Even in USA NON coast areas I hear people talking about Colombian women.

Quixote if you want a super sweet, sexy, lady who will dedicate her self to you 100% find a Colombian girl with a good family and youll be happy.

PArty girls not so much .. except for parties of course.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 09:30:07 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864