It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: First outing w/ a Venezuelan  (Read 7447 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: First outing w/ a Venezuelan
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 08:40:56 AM »
More of the same 'piling on' the OP as usual, although some of you are trying to give constructive advice. 

And I am glad to see Kai is trying to defend himself.

Anyway, I was struck by Kai's observation that his pizza date was convivial, but rather conservative.
So, in keeping with this forum's tendency to go from specifics to generalities about Latinas, here is a question to pose to the esteemed membership on the Latina board. Do you find Venezuelanas to be more conservative than Colombianas?

It's  sweet of you to defend Kai, but I don't thInk he really needs it--I dont think he gets too upset here, he just keeps doing it his way. That includes visiting lately more mainstream places, but also places in the past more off the 'beaten path'. It seems each place he's enjoyed himself. I doubt if he feels people are 'piling up' on him, or even if they were, that he'd much care. The dude goes his own way, which I'd dare to venture that most guys here, with or without similar 'fashion sense' probably thinks is pretty cool.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 09:07:30 AM »
This is OC. First all girls do that if some one picks up the tab. It doesn't matter where you go Stateside, Europe, C/S.America. Terrible generalization. You live and you learn you can't win at women, you gamble. Hell I met a girl at lunch and she asked for my whatsapp and I hope she'll call me and go out. This isn't a business or something. C'mon guys, be serious

Offline kai #2

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »

I used to think like that a long long time ago.

Until I realized that there aren't any relationships in Colombia that won't go no place....there are just relationships that go where you don't want them too....jajaja....and the ones the go where you do want them to.

It isn't really diner by gringo but rather diner by anyone that will pick up the tab.

As a rule I never take girls out to diner unless I have already slept with them a number of times....just because diner dates are the worst return on investment out there....when your goal is to get laid. Much much better option is going out for drinks and dancing.

You have to understand Colombian culture to take full advantage of the bring a girlfriend along phenomenon. Because if you haven't slept with the girl that you are going to party with and she brings a friend then both are game....if you are buying the drinks for both of them then you have equal access to both of them.

I've ended up with the friend more than once. Especially because I meet so many women through facebook...I already know who their friends are....so if they ask if they can bring a friend....I will usually say Yeah! why don't you bring such and such along....and if they say OK....it's a date.

Some of the best women I have ever met are women that just keep introducing me to their friends so they can go out all the time.

I can get this. This seems like a chicken or egg thing though. I hope to figure it out, soon. I'm having withdrawls lol

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 01:46:28 PM »
I don't think it is really a matter of her not not being attractive

It's just that he is swimming in the shallow en of the pool....I mean couldn't he easily date a woman like that in the states

I'm 55 and wouldn't go out with his girl... I like to see guys that can take full advantage of what's available to them in Medellin ....where guys normally date women two points above them on scale of one to ten

To me they look like they are about equal

I'm sure she could look better if she tried but so could he
My advice to him is aim higher and dress better. Do something that makes guys want to shake your hand jajaja

Calipro,

Your post seems to be very focused on looks alone.   Respectfully, what I find to be a bit hypocritical here is that you posted a few months ago that the woman you plan on having a baby with is not the hottest, but someone attractive that you have a lot of chemistry with for a life long partner.  You stated that you could have hooked up with the hottest there but the chemistry was not like the one your with now.

I agree with what you stated in that post a few months back.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 04:39:49 PM »
Sometimes buying drinks can be more expensive than a dinner date.. especially if you drink whiskey (Aguardiente and Rum have to much sugar).

But people definitely get a lot more friendly  and open when you are out Rumbiando.

As far as women inviting other women on a dinner date.. I dont tolerate it...

I tell the "Cuando vienen dos, siempre no caen  bien".. and tell them come by themselves.. or not at all...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:41:28 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline kai #2

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »
Sometimes buying drinks can be more expensive than a dinner date.. especially if you drink whiskey (Aguardiente and Rum have to much sugar).

But people definitely get a lot more friendly  and open when you are out Rumbiando.

I tell the "Cuando vienen dos, siempre no caen  bien".. and tell them come by themselves.. or not at all...

Every man needs to read this. Total no go and I would not stand for it either. Only weak men let that happen

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 07:24:22 PM »
Yea, I don't think any of us are gaming , nor should be, for girls that should require a 'chaperone' or a friend to come along for a dinner date in a public restaurant.

Once you allow a 3rd wheel to join the two of you, she'll--unless set straight, invite more and more friends and family along. By that point, instead of being able to accurately read if she's pure and simply into you, it's become a freaking feista, for which you're footing the bill, having made yourself into a pliable, happless, easy mark.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 08:20:55 PM »

If i was single in Colombia and two women showed up I'd be thinking threesome...

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 01:02:18 AM »
Yea, I don't think any of us are gaming , nor should be, for girls that should require a 'chaperone' or a friend to come along for a dinner date in a public restaurant.

Once you allow a 3rd wheel to join the two of you, she'll--unless set straight, invite more and more friends and family along. By that point, instead of being able to accurately read if she's pure and simply into you, it's become a freaking feista, for which you're footing the bill, having made yourself into a pliable, happless, easy mark.

I can see freaking out if a girl is going to be bringing friends to a dinner date....but you can avoid the whole problem by going out for drinks and dancing. To get into a nicer club you have to buy a bottle anyway....so why not have more than one chick to try your luck with.

When I go out with guy friends I have invited up to five women to join us while going to a club. It works out great....especially if they other guys invite chicks as well.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 01:40:21 AM »

Calipro,

Your post seems to be very focused on looks alone.   Respectfully, what I find to be a bit hypocritical here is that you posted a few months ago that the woman you plan on having a baby with is not the hottest, but someone attractive that you have a lot of chemistry with for a life long partner.  You stated that you could have hooked up with the hottest there but the chemistry was not like the one your with now.

I agree with what you stated in that post a few months back.

I do have expectations about looks and that is really the easiest hump to get over in Medellin. Once that is out of the way I look for someone that I actually enjoy being around. And after spending a lot of time with them you eventually find one that you really care for that feels the same about you.

I would rate my girlfriend a seven but I have a feeling that my seven is probably a nine for a lot of guys here. jajaja

My girlfriend just got her test results back for the first invitro transfer....and she is pregnant.
Really couldn't be happier with her.

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2017, 03:13:59 PM »

I do have expectations about looks and that is really the easiest hump to get over in Medellin. Once that is out of the way I look for someone that I actually enjoy being around. And after spending a lot of time with them you eventually find one that you really care for that feels the same about you.

I would rate my girlfriend a seven but I have a feeling that my seven is probably a nine for a lot of guys here. jajaja

My girlfriend just got her test results back for the first invitro transfer....and she is pregnant.
Really couldn't be happier with her.

Congrats Calipro!!

Are you planning on bringing her here or do you plan on moving to Colombia?

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »
hes in colombia with his girl, he already brought on up before to US, it didnt work out, doubt he wants to do it again.  but with a child, colombian girls are way more serious than bringing a single girl up. but  thats up to him if he wanst to go that route, i myself wouldnt raise a child in colombia, much less if its your daughter.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:03:30 AM by mudd »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 10:26:59 PM »

Congrats Calipro!!

Are you planning on bringing her here or do you plan on moving to Colombia?

I plan on spending six months out of the year in Colombia the first year the baby is born and then bring her and the baby to the states for a while until I feel comfortable retiring....probably no more than a year and then we will live in Medellin.

At some point we might move back to the US so our child can go to school here but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:03:15 AM by Calipro »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 10:26:59 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 05:55:23 AM »

I plan on spending six months out of the year in Colombia the first year the baby is born and then bring her and the baby to the states for a while until I feel comfortable retiring....probably no more than a year and then we will live in Medellin.

At some point we might move back to the US so our child can go to school here but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Talk to a (good) accountant before you decide to stay in Colombia more than 6 months.

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 06:13:52 PM »
A friend of mine got a permanent resident visa based on being the father of a Colombian child. And it really is permanant. Unlike us pensionados he does not have to renew it every five years, only the cedula.
Hermosamente feliz

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »
A friend of mine got a permanent resident visa based on being the father of a Colombian child. And it really is permanant. Unlike us pensionados he does not have to renew it every five years, only the cedula.

Wonder what the pros and cons of a USA Father having the Mom give birth in the USA, to an 'instant USA baby citizen' I believe,  even a possible  future USA president, LOL---VS having the Mom give birth in her native country?

I'm sure there's different, risks, opportunities--pros and cons for each person involved.

USCIS has become such a slow freaking morass that's only getting worse. Different subject, but if we'd known how much longer it would eventually take to sponsor  a member of my wife's family--and she's a dual citizen--we'd have jumped on it long ago. Now it's to the point where if we sponsor, say a sibling of hers and the the sibling gets married in the 10+ years the process takes, it becomes a waste of time AND money.

Her siblings are all well educated, speak good English and like most immigrants, would go a long way to making this a greater nation with their work ethic and desire to succeed. But that doesn't seem to matter much these days.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2017, 08:40:07 AM »

Same thing in Brazil. I had several American friends there that had children with Brazilian Girls. All they had to do to get permanent residency was present Brazilian Immigration with a government issued birth certificate designating themselves as the father of a child born in Brazil and proof the mother was a Brazilian Citizen. As hard as it is to get permanent residency by other means they don't put up much of a fight if a man wants to stay in the country to take care of his child. I even know a guy who was in Brazil illegally for years. All his penalty fees were waived and he was given permanent residency, no questions asked. I guess it makes sense. The last thing these governments need is another child they have to support because there's no father around to provide for his family.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:15:26 AM by benjio »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864