It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: trip starts May 10th  (Read 11115 times)

Offline evoltnvii

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: trip starts May 10th
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 10:19:05 PM »
Dave,  i told her i would not let her have dessert anymore if she didnt go, lol that about got her running to the office.
I drank what!!!!!!

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 02:00:19 PM »

can a dentist there be trusted to do a root canal & get ALL the root out ?

Of course!

My dentist is a Filipina educated in Manila. Her parents are both dentists in the Philippines. She married an American guy and now practices dentistry here in San Diego. I think she’s an excellent dentist!

In fact, I have exclusively used Filipino dentists here for the past 20 years, most all of whom were trained in the PI, and I still have all my teeth.

In the public elementary schools in the Philippines, they have dental exams and basic treatment provided for free once or twice a year. If they refer you to a dentist for further treatment, it’s up to the parents to follow up on that. Unfortunately, dental care for the children is not a top priority. Given a choice between dental care for the kids and a sack of rice, rice will almost always win out…

Ray

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »
We'll now take a short commercial break from our regularly scheduled "To leave her or stay?" programming..... ::)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 02:20:20 AM »
Hey crashfire,

On lazy, hot, slow Saturday morning in South Florida, after completing equipment check,  I was wiping down the undercarriage of a ladder truck, sliding around on my back using a creeper. I decided to tie my hand to the frame with the rag, so that the Captain (station commander) would think that I was still wiping down the truck when he peeped out the door of the air conditioned watch office, drinking his 5th cup of morning coffee. I fell asleep, when the unimaginable happened, they got a call!  :o I wasn't assigned to the ladder truck and the driver forgot that I was under it! I got my hand untied and turned parallel to the truck, just in the nick of time! I watched the twin rear axles and eight tires zoom past my head as I popped out from the back. It had always worked before and was recommended by an "ol' timer." I decided to look for another hiding place after that close call! (fire pole in second floor classroom - located inside a closet.) The classroom was locked on the weekends, so it was perfect. I climbed up the pole, my weight opened the flaps, which closed after I had let go of the pole and stepped onto the floor. If I got a call, it was secluded and let me drop down next to my bunk room, behind a wall, undetected. I could keep an eye on the officers from my dark hiding spot.

Dave

Now thas funny. Scary but funny.

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2010, 02:50:35 AM »
I'm driving to KC airport about noon for a 330pm flight. I'll update and give trip reports when I have access. I'm all packed and trying to get my duffel bag under the size requirements to save $25 with AA.

Don't worry about another "she's pregnant" post. I'm V safe!!! Doing my part to reduce pregnancy!!
We're both very excited to meet. She wanted me to tell her what I'll be wearing so she doesn't hug the wrong man. My answer, "don't you know what I look like and exactly how many 6'6'' men are you expecting to see in CEBU airport??lol
She dad says he may not come due to airfare costs. I asked how much, it's like $40.00. I'd paid for it. She said don't worry sweetie you will find his own way and I don't pay for it.
In Panglao we are staying at Regents Park Apartments. A short walk o the beach. 2800 for the deluxe. She really wanted the room with a Verande but of course, concerned with cost. Whatever makes her happy. Whats $10 more per night right? I figured that since she offered to sleep on the floor if we had to finda cheaper room/smaller bed and " I wouldnt hear her complain", she deserves a Verande. I booked one night then sent an email immediately for a discount if we stay 4 more nights. Quick reply for 10% off. Book when we get there.

To be honest , I expect alot from her. Not that she made herself to be something special because she didn't. She's just a simple girl. But what is simple and normal to her is something greatly desired by me and guys like me here.

I'm gonna try to sleep a few hours before I take off. I'm pretty wired now and can't sleep but I'm sure by 140am when the 747 lifts off, I'll be ready for some zzzzz's.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 08:07:01 AM »
good luck Crash & keep us posted
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 08:13:59 AM »
Enjoy your trip crashfirepm, we will be waiting for your reports.

I booked my flight thru AA but I am traveling on Cathay Pacific. You can book your flight thru one airline to travel on a partner airline - which is what I did. I booked thru AA (with my AA credit card) for travel on Cathay Pacific & I got both my Asia Miles & AA points plus price guarantee. I also got to choose 3 of my 4 seats - the one from HKG to MNL, I have to wait 48 hours before the flight to choose my seat. I also choose what meal that I want to eat too.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline thekfc

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »
Crash, you also get to miss all the election "excitement". Ahya just told me about all the "craziness"  that was going on. Some of her family members & neighbors were on line at 8am to vote but didn't leave until 6pm.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 09:22:19 AM »
Re:

>>Insert Quote
Crash, you also get to miss all the election "excitement". Ahya just told me about all the "craziness" <<

Maybe on 'some' of the craziness, but there will still be a lot left. Seems it actually never ends actually-they're always contesting the validity of who ever's elected....

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 04:18:30 PM »
Well travel started out a little rough so far. Weather driving to KCI was terrible and I arrived 30 minutes before my flight. Not a big deal for a little airport.
The flight to Chicago I would equate to being as comfortable as a 1840 Prairie wagon ride across the plains. We still put all 3 down and that's what counts. Flight to San Fran is delayed 3 hours now. I hope this isn't a sign. Only will give me 1.5 hours to claim baggage and connect International.

Offline thekfc

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
Flight to San Fran is delayed 3 hours now. I hope this isn't a sign. Only will give me 1.5 hours to claim baggage and connect International.
I am watching the news now about the bad weather. Didn't they check your luggage all the way thru to The Philippines? are you on two "tickets"?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:51:13 PM by thekfc »

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 07:51:14 PM »
I'm flying AA to San Fran then China Airlines to Taipei-Manilla then CebuPacific to Cebu. I don't know what the delay is. They just added another 15minutes to it. I gave myself a 6 hour buffer for issues like this. Weather here is fine from what I see. At this point, screw my luggage in Sanfran if that's the difference in making the flight or not.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 08:29:12 PM »
Lordy---Not that it's going to happen (hopefully) but I'm nonetheless sitting here thinking of what it'd be like to be 6'6 tall and land in the Philippines for two weeks with only the clothes on your back because your luggage got shanghaied  --- actually, my wife's luggage got 'Hong Konged' for 8 days once--but she's 'normal size' over there.

Well, if a 'suitable' tailor can't be had, you can always buy some rolls of cloth and get some Filipinos to run around you, like it's a Maypole dance, until they've got you covered!

Don't worry Crash--up there on the Cebu City mountainside at Mr. A's, restaurant, there's no dress code!

I can palm a basketball and the prawns (shrimp) they prepared were still bigger than my hand--let me know if they still are and if it's still a good place to chow down and do the romantic!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 08:29:12 PM »

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 09:32:11 PM »
If I ever get there I will. AA has officially delayed my flight from CHI to Sanfran long enough that I'll miss my China connection for sure. Not happy now.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 09:39:03 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Crash--but it's all going to work out fine, man. In the mean time, get dramatic and pitch a calculated bitch at the airline/s. They should offer you various compensations--could be $100's of dollars, or maybe an upgrade in seating--nothing for certain, but there's sometimes things they'll do if they don't want to lose a customer for life or see someone have a meltdown in front of other customers....Again--it's gonna be fine--this is just a wrinkle....but make em feel like the ripped the ass out of your pants in the meantime...

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »
AA customer service basically said they're deal was to get me at San fran and ole well. Hotel and meal vouchers. I hope China air doesn't charge me for another ticket tomorrow. We'll see in 4 hours....if anyone is still there.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 12:07:07 AM »
Hey crash did you get the trip insurance?
I did because it was only another 70 bucks.

piglett                    

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 03:59:35 AM »
I'm not the extended warranty type of guy but I should've been.
AA basically said to suck it. I get to San and they won't even cover food and hotel as they told me in Chicago because the tickets were'nt married together.
 My contract was that they fly me from Chicago to San and they did that. The fact that they were 6 hours late wasn't a concern of theirs.
No I'm praying China Air will get me on tonights flight without making me buy another ticket.
AA lost me as a customer forever.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 07:20:48 AM »
WOW AA sounds like such a nice bunch of people jeeee I'm sorry I didn't book through them. ::) :P ;)
well I hope the rest of ur trip goes better once U get there.
piglett

Offline evoltnvii

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 08:17:14 AM »
I'm not the extended warranty type of guy but I should've been.
AA basically said to suck it. I get to San and they won't even cover food and hotel as they told me in Chicago because the tickets were'nt married together.
 My contract was that they fly me from Chicago to San and they did that. The fact that they were 6 hours late wasn't a concern of theirs.
No I'm praying China Air will get me on tonights flight without making me buy another ticket.
AA lost me as a customer forever.

WHAT!!!! I cant believe what I am hearing..... an AMERICAN air carrier having poor customer service and not going the extra mile to make a customer happy?????
HOW DARE YOU SIR!!

LMAO

sorry man i know the woes of traveling within the USA you are experiencing its sad how far airlines have fallen.
I drank what!!!!!!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 08:24:32 AM »
I booked thru AA but for traveling on a partner airline - Cathay Pacific.

After getting my e-ticket/conformation, I went to Cathay's website to verify. Everything is showing - so I choose my seats. I only got to choose 3 of the 4 seats - the HKG to MNL leg I have to wait until 48 hrs before the trip to choose it or I can choose it at check-in, but I will choose it 48 hrs before.

I do like Cathay's customers service - everytime I call with a question or issue, they try to help me. I want to bring a Junior's Cheesecake or a Tiramisu from NYC, they gave me suggestions on how to bring it & will even arrange for me to use the freezer on the plane to store it.

Offline evoltnvii

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 08:48:27 AM »
I booked thru AA but for traveling on a partner airline - Cathay Pacific.

After getting my e-ticket/conformation, I went to Cathay's website to verify. Everything is showing - so I choose my seats. I only got to choose 3 of the 4 seats - the HKG to MNL leg I have to wait until 48 hrs before the trip to choose it or I can choose it at check-in, but I will choose it 48 hrs before.

I do like Cathay's customers service - everytime I call with a question or issue, they try to help me. I want to bring a Junior's Cheesecake or a Tiramisu from NYC, they gave me suggestions on how to bring it & will even arrange for me to use the freezer on the plane to store it.

Other than one incident that was not their fault I have had pretty good luck with Korean air customer service.
I drank what!!!!!!

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
I couldn't even get a meal and hotel the other agent said I would. A soft bed was the only thing keeping me going but oh well.

I think I hold the record for the most posts on a trip report without ever leaving the country.lol
Good news is I called China Airlines back, spoke to Shelly in LA. After begging for mercy and pleading to not be number 46 on standby for 2 nights, she confirmed me for tonight so I only lose one day, pay $100 penalty and the $450 fair difference. I can't complain.Well about AA I will.
By the time I get on my flight I'll be 60 hours without sleep. Yikes

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »
Good news is at San Fran international, it s like being in Cebu or Asia already. Plenty to look at, without Sheena eyeballin me! Lol

Offline evoltnvii

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
well if your stuck you might as well go get something decent to eat and take some pics of the hobos in the tenderloin LOL
I drank what!!!!!!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864