It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: pan de bono aka whomestrong has passed away after a long battle.  (Read 45016 times)

Offline pan de bono

yup im  still here, still recoverying, gaining weight. its been a whole year for me fighting this cancer, i think im winning.
wms 3-2-09

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Glad to hear from you, keep getting stronger.

Offline Swisskid

• Virginia Beach, VA
Hang in there dude.  There are a whole lot of people praying for you.  Get well soon.
"It never gets old to me even though I do"

Brett Favre 10/05/09

Planet-Love.com

Offline zack

Way to go WS! We are praying for you. Keep up the good fight...

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
Very happy to hear you're improving! It's an inspiration to all.

Offline okiemike

You need to keep getting well so you can head back south someday!!!

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Hey pan de vida,

I know that you are winning! It is great to hear from you!

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline zack

I know that it is against the rules here to post a quote from another site, but considering the subject matter of this post I am hoping that those rules will be overlooked at this moment.

Singlefather No More made the following recent post about Pan de Vida aka Whomestrong (Scotty) on another site:

"I have very bad news about Scotty.

Scotty called me last night and was very upset. The cancer is back and the doctors found it on the spine in 4 different spots.. Scotty has fought off cancer 2 times already and he needs hope, prayers, emails and phone calls to encourage him.

The last cancer he fought off 4 months ago was in his throat which was so full of cancer he could not swallow food or drink anything. He was fed through a feeding tube.

We don't want him to give up hope and if anyone would like to contact Scotty then please PM me and I will give you his contact info(Scotty gave me permission to do this). He could use all the emails and phone calls he can get to help him."

Pan de Vida- you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Zack
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:31:20 PM by zack »

Offline soltero

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
I know that it is against the rules here to post a quote from another site, but considering the subject matter of this post I am hoping that those rules will be overlooked at this moment.

He posted it here also, Zack...  (Actually, I think he posted it here first...)

http://www.planet-love.com/forum/index.php?topic=4299.0
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline zack

I was off line for one week and didn't notice that. I don't know why SF no More didn't tell me that he already posted it when I asked his permission to post it here today but regardless it is better to have that post in this thread as well.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
yup im  still here, still recoverying, gaining weight. its been a whole year for me fighting this cancer, i think im winning.
wms 3-2-09

After reading the whole story here i have determined that you are just to tough to die so you have nothing to worry about

piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline singlefather no more

• Trips: None (yet)
I was off line for one week and didn't notice that. I don't know why SF no More didn't tell me that he already posted it when I asked his permission to post it here today but regardless it is better to have that post in this thread as well.

zack,

I must have been sleeping when I read the PM you sent me.. Sorry about that... I misread it..

Not much sleep this week since my little guy has been having a lot of allergic reactions.. He is on Benadryl now 24 hours a day now till we figure out what he is allergic too.

Take care,

Jeff

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
Sad news...John passed away last Sunday from a heart attack.  Recently posted about his death on PBH.

http://poorbuthappy.com/colombia/post/goodbye-scotty/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 02:15:37 PM by pablo »

Planet-Love.com

pan de bono aka whomestrong has passed away after a long battle.
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2009, 02:10:06 PM »

pan de bono aka whomestrong aka scotty ( PBH ) has passed away after a long battle.

This was posted on PBH about John.

http://poorbuthappy.com/colombia/post/goodbye-scotty/

I was just talking to him not long ago and now he is gone.. He wanted very badly to get back to Colombia and see all the Colombianas..

Take care John,

singlefather no more

Pablo,

I did not see your post here as we posted close together.

I started a new thread below about John around the same time.

RIP John ,

singlefather no more

Offline zack

Re: pan de bono aka whomestrong has passed away after a long battle.
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2009, 07:00:09 PM »
When I heard that the cancer had spread to his spine I knew that his time had come, but I didn't want to say that for obvious reasons. I am not an oncologist but every cancer patient that I have known (who's cancer spread to the spine) was dead within a few weeks afterwards, including my mother.

My mom put up a good fight but Whomestrong has her beat. Man, did he put up a good fight- one of the best I have heard of.

WS- if you're reading this, your fight has inspired me more than you know! I have never met you but yet I will never forget you, and although I'm sad you're gone I am happy that you are no longer suffering.

Zack

Offline pablo

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »

For those interested in reading or posting on a "care forum" that his family started you can view it at http://www.carepages.com/carepages/JohnBryceland. I'm sure his family would appreciate a kind word. It will however require a quick registration to view or post there.

Offline pontiac

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2009, 07:33:56 PM »
I am extremely saddened by this news.  I was a personal friend of John's since 1996 and we spent a lot of time together in Colombia.  I have many photos of the good times and I still have photos of his DJ car show in Phoenix thjat he sent to me a couple of years ago.

I called him about 2 weeks ago when he informed me that he needed an operation for a stomach hernia.  I didn't know his passing or anything regarding  the spinal cancer, heart attack until this evening.  I called his phone number because I thought perhaps it would link to his sister's home.  The call went to his recorder and hearing his voice hit me very hard. 

God bless you John.  I miss you my friend.

Offline zack

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »
I was a personal friend of John's since 1996 and we spent a lot of time together in Colombia. 

I thought that John visited Colombia only one time, but I could be wrong. It is my understanding that he hesitantly traveled to Colombia several years ago (to meet Latinas) and it just so happened that Pete E fell sick and died the week that John was there. John spent the week with Pete and was by his side when he died. John didn't date any Latinas that week. He returned to the states and then several months later was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. The remainder of his life was a battle with cancer and hence he never returned to Colombia. You knew him better than I did so please correct me if I am wrong.

I called him about 2 weeks ago when he informed me that he needed an operation for a stomach hernia.  I didn't know his passing or anything regarding  the spinal cancer, heart attack until this evening. 

The news about the spread to the spine was very recent, perhaps after you spoke with him.

I have many photos of the good times and I still have photos of his DJ car show in Phoenix that he sent to me a couple of years ago.

Perhaps you could upload one of those photos of John into the random images here in remembrance of him (?)

Just a thought. If you would rather not, I understand.

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2009, 01:18:14 AM »

I was talking to John on the phone about 2 weeks ago , maybe a little longer.. I got a call in the early evening from John and he told me that day the Docs had found cancer on his spine.

John was a strong willed and brave man who fought this cancer 3 times..

I cheered him up and John's fondest wish was to get back down to Colombia to see his ex Novia and get some hot Colombiana loving between the sheets.. .. He also had a great sense of humor...

I imagine the late great Pete E that lived in Cali for many years is helping out his good friend John now in the Colombian heavens. Take care and RIP my friend John..

Offline pablo

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
This was posted on another forum concerning John's obituary newspaper notice:

"The following is the obituary for John that appeared in the The Arizona Republic on 4/9/09. You will also note that there is a Guest Book on the site that allows friends to send a message to the family."

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcentral/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=125912885

Offline pontiac

« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2009, 10:05:32 AM »
Zack:  I spent a lot of time in Cali, Colombia during the mid 90's to late 90's.
John visited there several times and we shared many beers, etc. I knew his Novia, Lilliana.  I knew that John was there during Pete's demise and I know the guy who he stayed with.  John and I have been in email and/or phone contact since about 1997 and I lasted called him around mid-March.  He was worried about having to undergo surgery for a hernia.

I have group photos of several  men there including John and a few others who have passed away.  Don't remember all of the names but I do remember some by their photos.  I'm still in contact with some of the guy's for frequented Cali in "the day". 

If you can instruct me on how to upload some of those photos, I will attempt to do so early next week.

If you want to know more, you can PM me.

Offline zack

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2009, 11:00:09 AM »
Pontiac,

Here is how to upload photos here:

1. Upload your photos into your computer. If they are paper photos, you can scan them.

2. Come to the PL Latin Forum page and click on the "image gallery" icon in the Main Menu section (upper left hand corner of the page).

3. Click the "add image"  icon (upper right hand corner of the page).

4. Click the "Choose file" icon. All of the photos in your computer should appear. Click on the photo that you want to upload into the PL image gallery.

5. The rest is self-explanatory. Type in the title of the photo and follow the other prompts.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2009, 11:00:09 AM »

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »
That is very sad news! John was a great inspiration to me and many others! My condolences to his family and all who considered him a friend! He will be sorely missed!

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline pontiac

« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2009, 11:57:16 AM »
Zack:  I still have the group photos that include John.  However, I am unable to post them here as I would like as some of the men in the photos do not wish
to have their faces posted on a public forum due to personal reasons.  Some of them worked for the U.S. government and have declined my request to post the photos. 

Also, the photo posted on P-L's competitor site was provided by me and not Tinto.  I sent the photo directly to the owner of the other site.  Tinto obtained my email address through this site and is now claiming that he found the photo on some photo site.  I'm not sure how he obtained my email add but I'm not happy about it. 

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 137