It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Corona  (Read 30695 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Corona
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2020, 07:25:01 PM »
Seeing this is my 6000th P.L. post, I can say from experience that you guys need to stop all these long azz, wordy, rambling posts! :P
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2020, 08:04:25 PM »
I honestly think if it wasn’t so easy for Canadians to cross the border just to visit or come over on a work visa for a while and just never leave, the number of K1 applicants from Canada would be a lot higher. I personally know two men in the tristate area living with Canadian Women that have been in the U.S. illegally for years. My suspicion is up north this happens a lot more than anyone realizes. Even when I was working in Montreal for a few months a couple of years ago I’d meet women and men that were dating or engaged to people in Vermont and Maine. I think obtaining a K1 visa was probably the furthest thing from their minds. I might be wrong. I’m sure Expat will chime in on that.

The willingness to date a single mother, in Latin America at least, improves upon how attractive the pool of women that are willing to date you by at least 2 points. If you can get a nice looking 7 with no kids in Colombia, you can most definitely get a 9 with kids!!! If she has multiple children and you’re actually willing to financially support your ready made family, the sky’s the limit!!!! There’s nothing wrong with it. I’ve dated single mothers in Colombia and Brazil. I’ve never however, been a father to those children on any level except for maybe the occasional birthday or Christmas gift.

The problem is men that delude themselves by thinking these relationships are built on genuine, sincere love....because I’d say 95% of the time THEY ABSOLUTELY ARE NOT!!!! Most women love their children more than anything. Especially Latinas!! They are usually 100% willing to love and devote themselves to a man they have absolutely no physical or emotional attraction to if that means improving upon their child(ren)’s quality of life. But Cali and Expat are correct. Bringing them stateside completely eliminates her need to continue that façade. There will be plenty of other better looking, richer men willing to do exactly what you were doing back SOTB. Better to leave them where they are. Like Cali said....Colombian Men don’t want to carry on relationships with these women anyway; and honestly Brazil isn’T too different IMHO. At worst all you have to worry about is her getting bored and %ucking some other guy...and let’s face it. What you don’t know won’t hurt you.

Could be wrong, I think the Quebec to Vermont and Maine thing is because there are a lot of North American  French inhabitants and culture  in these two states for centuries-and a lot of intermingling. And people with similar cultures naturally "click".

After all, the "New world" French have been in that area for almost 500 years now.

https://www.newenglandhistoricalsociety.com/the-little-canadas-of-new-england/#:~:text=Between%201840%20and%201930%2C%20about,%E2%80%9C).

On a personal note., I worked and "lived" (well my nomadic version of living anyway)  2 years in the US
in the 1980s. In Oregon and Florida,

In those days it was pretty easy.Just tell Immigration you were down on extended business trips.

But then Reagan or whoever was president then started to clamp down on "ilegals" and when I was in Florida, the management told me about big fines and sent my a$$ back to Calgary to get a TC visa. TC Visa was a temporary Canadian Visa they had back then , which was part of the Canada / US Trade agreement.

In Oregon, they used to say I was the local "Frost Back" worker.

Ohh.those were  the good old days in many ways..nowadays , these are the good old days in many ways. wish what I know now, I knew back then.

"Genuine sincere Love"..ohh yeah really, kinda like rainows. butterflies,  lollipops , fairy dust and Unicorn farts..

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:20:39 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »
I see guys in the USA marrying gringas with another guys children all the time. Of course the losers are going to think that they are going to think they are getting a better deal with a younger hotter chick from a third world counrry.

I brought a trophy wife to the USA and I'm no worst for the wear. I had a good time ... certainly much more enjoyable than the gringas i was attracting in my late 30's.

I'll be bringing my wife to the USA when my daughter is 5. I'll be 62 and my wife will be 34.

I know that there will be a million losers in the USA that will think that stealing my wife and raising my daughter would be a good way to spend their lives.

But they haven't met me yet. Jajaja

My wife understands that if things don't work out between us that my daughter living with another man is not an option.

Of course I would try and show the guy where he can get a younger hotter wife without children...but if that doesn't work ...I will just have to take him out.

I don't think it will come to that since my wife already knows me well enough that it would be a death sentence for the guy and probably me as well.

Guys in Colombia aren't much interested in
marrying women with children or even cohabitating with them.

So why am I going to go back to the States with millions of sex starved guys.

Because my wife and daughter will get about $2700 a month in Social Security benefits and I want my daughter to be educated in the USA.
The moment you set foot in the US with your wife and child you'll lose alot of leverage. At the same time this is coming from me, and the main reason I'm in the States is so my daughter can get a good education.... but I do send them to a good charter school, so it's not even a normal American school...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »
The moment you set foot in the US with your wife and child you'll lose alot of leverage. At the same time this is coming from me, and the main reason I'm in the States is so my daughter can get a good education.... but I do send them to a good charter school, so it's not even a normal American school...

I already have my daughter's private school picked out.

Having spent most of my life in Arizona and watching the children of my friends and family grow up.....I have a good idea which private schools have a tendency to produce not just well educated kids but successful kids.

At a certain point the parents have a lot less influence over their children than do their childrens peers.

So it is imperative that your child makes friends with other kids that have similar goals.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2020, 03:41:39 PM »
I already have my daughter's private school picked out.

Having spent most of my life in Arizona and watching the children of my friends and family grow up.....I have a good idea which private schools have a tendency to produce not just well educated kids but successful kids.

At a certain point the parents have a lot less influence over their children than do their childrens peers.

So it is imperative that your child makes friends with other kids that have similar goals.
Agree 100%. Just know your wife will be hit on constantly and aggressively.  I'm amazed by the lengths American men will go to to try to f-ck another man's hot wife....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2020, 06:03:51 PM »
Yeah, 1st thing that came to mind was the kid's schooling and comfort/fluency with not just spoken English, but writings English 'structure'as well. At least as good as you can expect of a five year old anyway. But at any age, not being 'quite the same' language wise can  be challenging.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2020, 08:17:32 AM »
I see guys in the USA marrying gringas with another guys children all the time. Of course the losers are going to think that they are going to think they are getting a better deal with a younger hotter chick from a third world counrry.

I brought a trophy wife to the USA and I'm no worst for the wear. I had a good time ... certainly much more enjoyable than the gringas i was attracting in my late 30's.

I'll be bringing my wife to the USA when my daughter is 5. I'll be 62 and my wife will be 34.

I know that there will be a million losers in the USA that will think that stealing my wife and raising my daughter would be a good way to spend their lives.

But they haven't met me yet. Jajaja

My wife understands that if things don't work out between us that my daughter living with another man is not an option.

Of course I would try and show the guy where he can get a younger hotter wife without children...but if that doesn't work ...I will just have to take him out.

I don't think it will come to that since my wife already knows me well enough that it would be a death sentence for the guy and probably me as well.

Guys in Colombia aren't much interested in
marrying women with children or even cohabitating with them.

So why am I going to go back to the States with millions of sex starved guys.

Because my wife and daughter will get about $2700 a month in Social Security benefits and I want my daughter to be educated in the USA.

Don't people 62 and older who live overseas have their SS checks auto deposited into their USA bank accounts and then continue to live overseas, just accessing their bank funds electronically?

I'd guess 90%+ of US citizens draw between  $1400 and $1900 a month SS. How can someone draw $2700?

Even if you can draw from your Exwife's SS,
that seems a stretch and at that,  I thought to collect off of your Ex's you have to be non married.

Offline ignorante

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2020, 10:06:06 AM »
If you wait until 70, the max benefit is $3790 a month.  At 62, the max is only $2265.  Hitting those numbers means you have a salary of $137,700 or higher (2020) on which payroll taxes are assessed.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2020, 11:17:35 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Get-Whats-Yours-Revised-Security/dp/1501144766

I got this book and it didn't seem to indicate anything as described above. Although it was BEFORE the 2016-2018 changes included edition, I've seen the $2700 amount mentioned here before then.

Any additional SS info--source recommendations--including PMs, would be much appreciated!

I would certainly love to get more at age 62, w/o waiting additional years to add 7% or so annually for each additional year I wait.

But my SS at age 62 as indicated 'by the govt' is under 2K a month.

I figure I'll wait until age 64 or so before drawing, although I could probably afford to wait longer. I'm retired on pension--that's about 80% of my prior income, so SS would kick me over that amount to where I'd take home more.

Meanwhile, as long as I have north of 100K or so saved (liquid cash) to cover emergencies without needing to use credit for another car, anything house repairs/appliances/improvements/health related/emergencies/travel) I'll just keep dipping out of savings each year, burning liquid cash--(my achille's heel in a divorce) then when I elect to  draw, hopefully things will be OK.

I can do that for a while actually--my 'cash pad' is OK for a while--although if I bought a new (wife approved!) C8 Corvette, the balance would change.

I can't draw on my still working and single older ex's SS, because I remarried.

If you had a twin brother and YOU took SS at age 62 and HE waited until the traditional 'full' age of 67, it wouldn't be until you both reached AGE 83 that (if both of you are still alive) that he would ONLY then to begin to pull ahead, in terms of total amount of $$$$$ that you both will have taken from SS.

BUT, you'll have received SS checks for five years--more active years, age 62 to 67, while during those same years, your brother got none, waiting for more later at 67 instead.

For my 24 years younger wife, the good news is when I die, she'll possibly get some of my SS. (Half my pension kicks in right away) The bad news is she'll probably have to be single and 62 y/o before SS sends her a dime!!

Latest so called 'news' is that pre covid-19, SS WAS actuarially sound (solvent) until 2035. Now they say due to covid-19, it's 2033. But don't worry--they'll raise payroll taxes to cover it!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 11:57:09 AM by robert angel »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2020, 11:42:09 AM »
Don't people 62 and older who live overseas have their SS checks auto deposited into their USA bank accounts and then continue to live overseas, just accessing their bank funds electronically?

I'd guess 90%+ of US citizens draw between  $1400 and $1900 a month SS. How can someone draw $2700?

Even if you can draw from your Exwife's SS,
that seems a stretch and at that,  I thought to collect off of your Ex's you have to be non married.

My SS benefit is $1814 at the age of 62....but my full retirement benefit at the age of 67 is $2577 per month.

When I collect my 1814 at age 62 my minor child is entitled to half of my full retirement benefit or 1288.50 a month and my wife will be entitled to child in care benefits of 1288.50 per month also.

My wife needs to be a US resident and have a SS number to get that benefit

My total family income from SS will be $4391 per month.

My wife will collect the 1288.50 until my daughter turns 16 and my daughter will collect her 1288.50 until she turns 18.

You might want to think about giving your wife that child before it's too late
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 11:44:15 AM by Calipro »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2020, 01:09:10 PM »
My SS benefit is $1814 at the age of 62....but my full retirement benefit at the age of 67 is $2577 per month.

When I collect my 1814 at age 62 my minor child is entitled to half of my full retirement benefit or 1288.50 a month and my wife will be entitled to child in care benefits of 1288.50 per month also.

My wife will collect the 1288.50 until my daughter turns 16 and my daughter will collect her 1288.50 until she turns 18.

That's with you ALIVE, collecting your SS benefit AND with your wife under age 62?--meaning your young wife can collect her own SS "child in care benefits" for how long?

As I read the facts, I can grasp a 'death benefit' if you die, covering your CHILD (at a % of YOUR SS level before your death) and maybe until she's 18 or as long as she's in school, up to age 21.

And I'd think any additional (third SS income source) $$$$ your wife might stand to collect "child in care" now would stop once your child is 18 and or done with college.

I've never had any reason to doubt your factuality, but like Momma said:

"If it sounds too good to be true...."

Going from $1814 a month to $4381 a month, just because you married and had a child from overseas, then brought them here and got them SS numbers sounds too good to be true. But God bless America and I hope 'the check's in the mail' for the three ( or more) of you!! I mean--ya gotta LOVE this place!!

Maybe I oughta conceive eight or so kids (8 X 9 months = 72 months) or marry and adopt some foreign woman with eight youngins, ready to come here!? Think of the exponential cash flow!! Plenty of $$$$ for live in nannies!

Why aren't tons of guys doing this?

But I think that regardless of whether or not your child can SS qualify for $1200+ a month now (as the law stands) and your wife can qualify for her own separate 1200+ a month while you're alive, that the gravy train stops once the kid/s become adults--that there's also a limiting 'stop point' for that separate "child in care" check portion your wife might get.

I think upon your death and your child becoming legally an adult --it changes ALL that. Once you die, and after the kid's grown, your wife won't see a cent of SS, no survivor's benefit until AFTER she's 62.

Again-- that your wife won't see any of that after your child's an adult--in fact your wife won't see any SS after the kid's grown and you die, at least UNTIL she's 62! I am far from expert--but that's how I have see it working, unless there's disability involved.....

It's scary enough thinking how the huge age gap between my wife and I will only become increasingly and painfully apparent in 15-20 years. She's gotten pissed off a couple times and reminded me: " And WHO do you think is going to change your diapers some day???"""--She may be sweet, but she ain't stupid!! If it was when the kid leaves (or later)  that money went down, If our SS--if any of  our income/s dropped suddenly about then, it wouldn't make things any easier. She for SURE won't still be there for my long gone 'good looks!'

In advent of any divorce in my situation, my pension and any SS benefits once I begin to collect,  aren't subject to division, In fact, my pension, my income there would go UP, as I opted for a lower pension amount that would leave her 50% her whole life if I died, plus COLAs. That pension amount would revert back to maximum for me if I became single.. And I think she'd have to be single, AND age 62 before she could draw from my SS after my death.

While making (collecting) more $$$$ would obviously have appeal I wouldn't refuse, it's not lost on me that right now, remaining married to me makes more financial sense to my wife (and to me) than does her divorcing me or my dying too soon. We still need each other and it's good both personally and financially. Just pray when (if) I'm pushing 90 and she's in her 60's, still looking like a rocking 30's, that she doesn't leave my wrinkled ass behind.

But sometimes I do miss the indescribably wonderful sound of a child's laughter. It's as close to a real 'youth tonic' as has ever been invented. And it's beyond monetary remuneratory value!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:17:23 PM by robert angel »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2020, 02:02:32 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Get-Whats-Yours-Revised-Security/dp/1501144766

I got this book and it didn't seem to indicate anything as described above. Although it was BEFORE the 2016-2018 changes included edition, I've seen the $2700 amount mentioned here before then.

Any additional SS info--source recommendations--including PMs, would be much appreciated!

I would certainly love to get more at age 62, w/o waiting additional years to add 7% or so annually for each additional year I wait.

But my SS at age 62 as indicated 'by the govt' is under 2K a month.

I figure I'll wait until age 64 or so before drawing, although I could probably afford to wait longer. I'm retired on pension--that's about 80% of my prior income, so SS would kick me over that amount to where I'd take home more.

Meanwhile, as long as I have north of 100K or so saved (liquid cash) to cover emergencies without needing to use credit for another car, anything house repairs/appliances/improvements/health related/emergencies/travel) I'll just keep dipping out of savings each year, burning liquid cash--(my achille's heel in a divorce) then when I elect to  draw, hopefully things will be OK.

I can do that for a while actually--my 'cash pad' is OK for a while--although if I bought a new (wife approved!) C8 Corvette, the balance would change.

I can't draw on my still working and single older ex's SS, because I remarried.

If you had a twin brother and YOU took SS at age 62 and HE waited until the traditional 'full' age of 67, it wouldn't be until you both reached AGE 83 that (if both of you are still alive) that he would ONLY then to begin to pull ahead, in terms of total amount of $$$$$ that you both will have taken from SS.

BUT, you'll have received SS checks for five years--more active years, age 62 to 67, while during those same years, your brother got none, waiting for more later at 67 instead.

For my 24 years younger wife, the good news is when I die, she'll possibly get some of my SS. (Half my pension kicks in right away) The bad news is she'll probably have to be single and 62 y/o before SS sends her a dime!!

Latest so called 'news' is that pre covid-19, SS WAS actuarially sound (solvent) until 2035. Now they say due to covid-19, it's 2033. But don't worry--they'll raise payroll taxes to cover it!
Man, that is sweet that your pension is almost 80%. I only lasted 12 years in.my county job (it's all I could take without going nuts) so next year at 50 I will be able to collect 24% monthly  which hopefully I can save until I actually retire,  hopefully by age 60...As for SS, I'll be 62 in 2033 with two girls in college so I will need to start collecting...

Offline Calipro

« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »

My total family income from SS will be $4391 per month.

You might want to think about giving your wife that child before it's too late

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/tomhager/2018/05/07/social-security-benefits-dont-forget-the-kids/amp/

My wife will collect child in care benefits until our daughter is 16 or a little over 10 years

There isn't much point in having more children because SS limits a family's benefits to 150 to 180 percent of your full retirement benefit.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2020, 03:01:36 PM »
Man, that is sweet that your pension is almost 80%. I only lasted 12 years in.my county job (it's all I could take without going nuts) so next year at 50 I will be able to collect 24% monthly  which hopefully I can save until I actually retire,  hopefully by age 60...As for SS, I'll be 62 in 2033 with two girls in college so I will need to start collecting...

It's really 62% based on 31 years But when you realize no SS deduction anymore, no 401/403 being pulled and less other deductions--no worthless union dues, lower taxes and a few other less deductions, it adds up in terms of real, actual 'take home pay' to north of 75%. Plus 1.5% increases each Jan 1st and July 1st--compounded, that's a wee bit more than a 3% cost of living increase annually, guaranteed--that really helps long term. And the pension fund is very sound--not linked to the stock market. I pay for Bluecross Blue Shield health at same rate, but at age 65, will have go to govt. health care w/ added supplement--for about the same amount of money.

If ONLY my young wife could piggy back onto my healthcare or if there was good (govt or otherwise) 'affordable  healthcare' --it would be mighty tempting for her to just stay home--quit work.

It'd be a bit tougher financially and I'd probably have to give up my "Corvette dreams" if only to be better able so  she could retire early--but she'd have no healthcare, Hell--we haven't been apart for more than a few minutes since Covid-19 a few months ago, it'd prolly work!

But looking back, my/our happiest times were when we watched our pennies more--when seafood and steak seemed like we were Bill and Melinda Gates, when a vacay was a rare, big deal. Hell, when I could buy my kids the latest Nintendo, Xbox systems & games, take them out for fast food and a movie, when we clipped coupons and bought stuff at garage sales, it was great sport! When a bargain really elicited a 'happy dance'! It wasn't Burger King--it was the 'BK Lounge' and Goodwill was the 'GW Boutique'! ;D

The most totally Eff'ed up, psychiatrist seeing people are RICH people. I know them all too well.

Not saying barely scraping by is any fun, but:

"""Big money brings big problems.""""!

To me, being 'successful' - has less to do with money and more to do with being content--even happy with your overall lives.

I don't know if I'm happy, annoyed or confused that the millions of very poor people in my wife's country seem so *&#% much happier than 99% of the working stiffs in our middle class USA subdivision life!!

When I begin to throw myself a 'pity party'---including back when I was working and struggling at times with my kids, I could quickly imagine a million other scenarios a lot worse--a worse job (and my job's stress actually put me in the hospital once)--or NO job, or my kids in a wheelchair--or a mentally ill or otherwise sick wife.

I try not to get too complacent--being grateful works better for me than coveting what I don't or can't have. I have to remind myself to stop bitching sometimes, but trying to maintain positivity and not crying when as inevitably something does go bad, gets me through most days: "It could be worse....I suppose"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:18:54 PM by robert angel »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »

That's with you ALIVE, collecting your SS benefit AND with your wife under age 62?--meaning your young wife can collect her own SS "child in care benefits" for how long?

As I read the facts, I can grasp a 'death benefit' if you die, covering your CHILD (at a % of YOUR SS level before your death) and maybe until she's 18 or as long as she's in school, up to age 21.

And I'd think any additional (third SS income source) $$$$ your wife might stand to collect "child in care" now would stop once your child is 18 and or done with college.

I've never had any reason to doubt your factuality, but like Momma said:

"If it sounds too good to be true...."

Going from $1814 a month to $4381 a month, just because you married and had a child from overseas, then brought them here and got them SS numbers sounds too good to be true. But God bless America and I hope 'the check's in the mail' for the three ( or more) of you!! I mean--ya gotta LOVE this place!!

Maybe I oughta conceive eight or so kids (8 X 9 months = 72 months) or marry and adopt some foreign woman with eight youngins, ready to come here!? Think of the exponential cash flow!! Plenty of $$$$ for live in nannies!

Why aren't tons of guys doing this?

But I think that regardless of whether or not your child can SS qualify for $1200+ a month now (as the law stands) and your wife can qualify for her own separate 1200+ a month while you're alive, that the gravy train stops once the kid/s become adults--that there's also a limiting 'stop point' for that separate "child in care" check portion your wife might get.

I think upon your death and your child becoming legally an adult --it changes ALL that. Once you die, and after the kid's grown, your wife won't see a cent of SS, no survivor's benefit until AFTER she's 62.

Again-- that your wife won't see any of that after your child's an adult--in fact your wife won't see any SS after the kid's grown and you die, at least UNTIL she's 62! I am far from expert--but that's how I have see it working, unless there's disability involved.....

It's scary enough thinking how the huge age gap between my wife and I will only become increasingly and painfully apparent in 15-20 years. If it was when the kid leaves, If our SS--if any of  our income/s dropped suddenly about then, it wouldn't make things any easier.

In advent of any divorce in my situation, my pension and any SS benefits once I begin to collect,  aren't subject to division, In fact, my pension, my income there would go UP, as I opted for a lower pension amount that would leave her 50% her whole life I died. That pension amount would revert back to maximum. And I think she'd have to be single, AND age 62 before she could draw from my SS after my death.

While making (collecting) more $$$$ would obviously have appeal I wouldn't refuse, it's not lost on me that right now, remaining married to me makes more financial sense to my wife her divorcing me or my dying. We still need each other and it's good both personally and financially.

But sometimes I do miss the indescribably wonderful sound of a child's laughter. It's as close to a real 'youth tonic' as has ever been invented. And it's beyond monetary remuneratory value!!

Man...and people think Canada is a socialist state--I guess not

Al you get in Canada, unless you are dirt poor, ids tax deductions for kids

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/tomhager/2018/05/07/social-security-benefits-dont-forget-the-kids/amp/

My wife will collect child in care benefits until our daughter is 16 or a little over 10 years

There isn't much point in having more children because SS limits a family's benefits to 150 to 180 percent of your full retirement benefit.

Damn you CP!!!--I've been on the phone with international adoption agencies ALL day!

YOU talk to my wife!!!  :D :D

Offline Calipro

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2020, 07:22:26 PM »

Damn you CP!!!--I've been on the phone with international adoption agencies ALL day!

YOU talk to my wife!!!  :D :D

I don't think having a baby is a get rich scheme. Jajaja

But if you want a child then have one of your own if your wife is open to the idea.
I know your wife might be changing your diapers one day ....but I would hate to see her start a cat colony one day like I see a lot of older childless women do.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2020, 06:24:45 PM »
Where's the "Mudd Report" lately? Surely, the USA can't 100% dominate the bad news market! I've been running 4 news feeds at once lately and they're all often running USA virus/civil rights/trump stories, all running the same story at the same time, inc. the BBC news. Depressing...

Where's the good poop, Mudd? -ours is beyond old.....

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2020, 12:52:16 PM »
Well, after 2 months of lock down(severe)things are finally opening up here,but unfortunately, COVID  cases and deaths are skyrocketing exponentially.

But you can get all that info. from the worldometer site

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »
Well, after 2 months of lock down(severe)things are finally opening up here,but unfortunately, COVID  cases and deaths are skyrocketing exponentially.

But you can get all that info. from the worldometer site

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

A quick search on a chromebook (google android) for "latest covid-19 South America" gave nothing newer than June 1st, The internet sucks worse than ever b4.
Entering 'Colombia" and I got this 7 day old article> [size=78%]https://www.pressherald.com/2020/06/13/colombias-medellin-emerges-as-surprise-covid-19-pioneer/[/size]

I tell you, if a city of 2.5 million (Medellin) has only 4 deaths so far, they must be doing something right.

We don't have 300,000 people and we think with 'only' 32 deaths, people think that we're doing great, so party down! Soooo stupid and undisciplined here. The age 21 to 30's are running around like it's rave time or something---they have by far the greatest number of positive tests, although they the least likely age group to come in to be tested.

My 29 y/o son has collected $1200 up front, then $600 a week federal and an additional $365 (=$965 a week) unemployment from the state since early March until August, to go beaching, kayaking, fishing (with my gear) drink $30+ a bottle wine, 'dine'--etc.

Yep, fifty grand a year to NOT work, (some states --NY, HI, CN--pay a lot more than $365 a week) although he could make as much as $300 additional ea week on the side, w/o losing any govt benefits.

But why spoil the party for a few hundred measley bucks, when you know you're gonna eat and make rent no matta what? Whatta country....

Imagine, it's like the longest 'summer vacation' we ever had as kids.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 03:20:50 PM by robert angel »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2020, 10:32:30 AM »

Dont know where you read that crap, but although Medellin is doing better than other parts of Colombia, there are way more than 4 deaths.

A quick search on a chromebook (google android) for "latest covid-19 South America" gave nothing newer than June 1st, The internet sucks worse than ever b4.
Entering 'Colombia" and I got this 7 day old article> [size=78%]https://www.pressherald.com/2020/06/13/colombias-medellin-emerges-as-surprise-covid-19-pioneer/[/size]

I tell you, if a city of 2.5 million (Medellin) has only 4 deaths so far, they must be doing something right.

We don't have 300,000 people and we think with 'only' 32 deaths, people think that we're doing great, so party down! Soooo stupid and undisciplined here. The age 21 to 30's are running around like it's rave time or something---they have by far the greatest number of positive tests, although they the least likely age group to come in to be tested.

My 29 y/o son has collected $1200 up front, then $600 a week federal and an additional $365 (=$965 a week) unemployment from the state since early March until August, to go beaching, kayaking, fishing (with my gear) drink $30+ a bottle wine, 'dine'--etc.

Yep, fifty grand a year to NOT work, (some states --NY, HI, CN--pay a lot more than $365 a week) although he could make as much as $300 additional ea week on the side, w/o losing any govt benefits.

But why spoil the party for a few hundred measley bucks, when you know you're gonna eat and make rent no matta what? Whatta country....

Imagine, it's like the longest 'summer vacation' we ever had as kids.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2020, 11:39:47 AM »
Dont know where you read that crap, but although Medellin is doing better than other parts of Colombia, there are way more than 4 deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/06/13/world/americas/ap-lt-virus-outbreak-trailblazing-medellin.html

Offline Elexpatriado

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2020, 06:59:35 PM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2020, 08:12:36 PM »
Yesterdays news

Here are the latest stats

https://mobile.twitter.com/diegocsarpaz/status/1274836882254372864/photo/1

As of the 17th of June there where only 4 deaths due to the corona virus in the city of Medellin and 7 total in the Aburra Valley.

I imagine the cases of infection will go up after the "Dia sin IVA". What a stupid thing to do during a pandemic. Pales in comparison to a Trump rally. jajaja

https://www.metropol.gov.co/tableros/tablero_covid_19.aspx
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:19:05 PM by Calipro »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2020, 01:32:44 PM »

As of the 17th of June there where only 4 deaths due to the corona virus in the city of Medellin and 7 total in the Aburra Valley.

I imagine the cases of infection will go up after the "Dia sin IVA". What a stupid thing to do during a pandemic. Pales in comparison to a Trump rally. jajaja

https://www.metropol.gov.co/tableros/tablero_covid_19.aspx

Thanks for pointing that out. I am surprised that a quick goggle didn't source the NYT's AP sourced article, instead feeding me largely outdated BS.

And that's despite me changing my search entry to get more current,  detailed info. Even if the city lost ten times as many lives, it'd still be head and shoulders above most '1st world's city's.

Google simply feeds users what they think we should know--"Wide and objective in scope" aren't seen as much as 'sponsored" although it's all 'prioritized' acc to their skew on things.

But from a customer service or a student of the world's perspective, increasingly --the internet--namely chrome etc, suck.

Yes, in Medellin, saving lives came at a price of personal privacy on their phones and the process was probably enhanced with a govt. offer of food and money, but it's saving lives. It's working.

In the USA, a lot of people overvalued our economy and yes, personal freedoms, but we've already lost over twice as many people as we did in the entire Vietnam War, 120,000+ and more by the hour.

That's one hell of an 'opportunity cost'

Look at Brazil, Is their leader/govt like the USA's??

500 years from now, they will read how while tens of thousands died, the then mighty US govt took months to produce ten cent masks, then botched their distribution, as the death toll passed 120,000.

Is it true "Every nation gets the govt. they deserve"?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:11:44 PM by robert angel »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345