Forum > Latin -> General discussion

Just Checking In

<< < (3/3)

Calipro:

--- Quote from: robert angel on May 07, 2024, 02:17:32 PM ---Hey guys, (gals?),
Hope all are doing well. Had our 18th wedding anniversary back in February, been together over twenty years actually. The huge age difference never goes away and getting old sucks blah, blah. That said, I've been really fortunate. She had her head on straight from the git go. Still all about family back home. If she wasn't (and she helps them out and towards being independent) I'd actually worry. But funny how even a huge chunk of time can seemingly fly by. It depends on the event/s and memory of course. Some things we never forget.

My younger (28 y/o) son is engaged to a Nicaraguan gal (is a US citizen) he's been with for five years. Fair game--I guess 'outside interests' might be generational and they're both post college kids/adults, going places together.  Steady/got apts together, two dogs and next....On-line match making/dating is as crazy as ever I gather--being past age 30 and without a steady partner is no picnic for most folks nowadays.
We just got back from 15 days in Japan and it was the most different place we've ever been. Those folks do it their own way and I don't think they look upon any other people nearly as fondly as they do themselves. I think Spain will be a lot warmer in many ways, looking forward to that heretofore unexplored (to us), area.

Let's try to beat back the bot posts!

--- End quote ---

I was watching an old movie a while back....can't remeber the name....but a guy is hiking with his wife and daughter....the wife slips and falls over a steep ledge...she is hanging on for dear life and the husband edges down to grab her hand and pull her up ....the daughter keeps getting closer to the ledge to see what's going on and the father is yelling at her to stay back....well the daughter slips and is falling toward the father and the ledge of the cliff.

The father lets go of the wife and grabs the daughter and saves her life....the daughter blames her father for the mother's death.

The father has no remorse or second thoughts about what he did.

I personally would have made the same choice without a second thought....but the real question is.... what would Robert have done?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version