It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"  (Read 26144 times)

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Re: In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2011, 01:46:37 PM »
I have a question for Aconcepts, Zon, Zulu, V_Man, and any other men who complain about American women's behavior toward American men and American society's current treatment of men.  Have you thought about going ex-patriot?

Spending the rest of your life challenging the infantile, neurotic, jealous, irrational, and emotional behavior of American women is a form of 'caving in' in itself.  In my opinion, it is the worst form of 'caving in' because it means immersing yourself in a cesspool of negative behaviors on both your and the woman's parts! 

Why not move to a country or society which treats its men with more dignity and respect, (or at least with the degree of respect you need), and spend your life trying to achieve positive things?   The term 'Vote with Your Feet!' was coined for a very good reason.

Brazilophile,

Thats my long term plan.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2011, 01:55:50 PM »
I agree that behaviour that is "infantile, neurotic, jealous, irrational, and emotional" should ideally be ignored; it may be challenged "economically" only where necessary. After all, we are not life coaches. Although such behaviour may be prevalent among the native Western populations, once the front door is closed it should no longer be an issue assuming a guy knows how to manage both himself and his relationship with his partner, overseas or not.

The issue of abandoning ship and moving overseas is of course a separate one. Some guys already choose to do i for love. But I'm pretty sure this century will also see successive waves of brain drains as the best from the West move to start new lives in various developing countries for reasons of economic prosperity and quality of life. The UK, currently plummeting back into the third world, could lead the way in this exodus; a few West European countries could well follow if the € tanks. The thought of a talent drain taking people away from the US to Latin America or Asia is a bewlidering one to me but, judging from some of the post i read here, perhaps not incredulous.

As long as we tolerate unfairness and allow Fems to dictate the social agenda then we will continue to slide down the slippery slope. 

Its easy to make the necessary changes, but many men have "bought in" to the idea of "husband and wife" = "marriage partners" and now promote the core Feminist agenda of partnering.

We must educate and deprogram these guys, then actively start to remove the legal and social structures the Fems have put in place.

I can be done.
After all, when you turn up at a party only to find the best girls taken, the food & drink gone, the music rubbish, gatecrashers milling around and the guests becoming increasingly drunk, stoned or edgy... it's time to move on and find a party that's just starting :)

Nice!
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »
Brazilophile,

I live in Costa Rica and have for many years. An opportunity has arrived that may require me returning to the US for several months out of the year. I am thinking about taking a latina with me. Just thinkng about it for the time i am there.

I have been expatriated on and off for the last 21 years. Steady for the last 10 years. I voted with all 10 toes a long time ago although I still have substancial holdings there.

"but we who knew that different truths can coexist thought not that we were lowering ourselves by countenancing another's truth, unpalatable though it might seem."

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »

Offline Zon

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
it's time to move on and find a party that's just starting

Hell yeah.   I thought that a 6 months there, 6 months here strategy would work.  It only wets my appetite.  2012 is going to be much more full time for me.

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »
Hell yeah.   I thought that a 6 months there, 6 months here strategy would work.  It only wets my appetite.  2012 is going to be much more full time for me.

I know what you mean!  But it's probably a little different once you're married, since you bring your colombiana with you.  If I was single, being back in gringolandia would be just wasting time until I could get to Colombia again.

There are some advantages to 6 months in Canada:  I like the changes of season ... would get very bored without it, the weather is nicer here in those 6 months than Barranquilla, we can maintain our Canadian healthcare, and the time accumulates towards both our pensions.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2011, 01:34:59 PM »

What difference does it make?  What are you going to do different in 12 months that you did already do in 6 months per year? Find more 'parties' that are just starting?
I don't understand your apparent glee, but would like to.   :D  I'd like to be a part of the party too! jaja
Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline chameleon

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2011, 05:33:14 PM »
As long as we tolerate unfairness and allow Fems to dictate the social agenda then we will continue to slide down the slippery slope. 

Its easy to make the necessary changes, but many men have "bought in" to the idea of "husband and wife" = "marriage partners" and now promote the core Feminist agenda of partnering.

We must educate and deprogram these guys, then actively start to remove the legal and social structures the Fems have put in place.

I can be done.
Nice!

Good luck. The reality is that most men are needy losers. Out of all the guys i knew in university, most are pretty whipped now. Very few are willing to say to their woman "you know what? [snip] you, I'm not doing it your way and i don't give a damn if you don't put out for a month." (not in those terms but that is the sentiment). And fwiw the "partner" stuff has very little do with feminazis but with gay rights groups. They want to be able to get married and that is why there is a de-emphesis on gender.

The other reality is that men are falling behind in a number of areas and it's nobody's fault but their own. Who is responsible for graduation rates if not men? I would blame the decline of manufacturing in the US on men (unions) making the US noncompetitive with the rest of the world.

Family court is a different story. I agree that the child comes first but i vehemently disagree with the idea that the child is always better off with the mother, and that she should get custody except in rare circumstances. If a man has a successful career and makes 100k+/yr and the wife makes 35k doing administrative work, is the wife really a better role model? Is she more suited to raising the kid by default? Most men get hammered because they have to bring the 35k/yr wife up to the living standards of a couple earning 135k/yr so that nothing changes for the kids. That when the man ends up in a studio apartment and in some cases that might be the right decision but i don't htink it should be in all cases. Were there more risk to the women, there may be a drop in the divorce rate. After all, they initiate over 60% of divorces so that should say something.

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2011, 06:35:07 PM »
cameleon sez
I would blame the decline of manufacturing in the US on men (unions) making the US noncompetitive with the rest of the world.
You are really painting with a very broad brush there. I would not say that is the ONLY reason, or even the MAIN reason. That would be the subject of a thread of it's own.   

"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline chameleon

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
no, it's not the only reason, but it's a contributing factor and the point i'm making is not that unions single-handedly killed manufacturing, but that the women's movement isn't responsible for the decline of men in the workforce and woman's ascent. Men played a big part in their own decline.

FWIW though Right to work states are doing quite well in manufacturing (whereas Michigan is a wasteland), but then you have things like the NLRB forcing boeing's hand on the machinist's union thing so that they don't lose a billion dollar investment in SC. How will that affect other major employers' decisions? It's a big mess.

Offline Brazilophile

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2011, 07:47:54 PM »
Thanks to those who replied to my question of going ex-patriot.  It is my intermediate plan.

I don't believe that the social situation for most men in the US is going improve anytime soon despite any men's movements that may come about.  Society supports women to an extent that they don't need men in their lives.  American women may want men in their lives, but the type of man they want and the terms they require are unpalatable for a certain type of man. 

A theme I came across in Brazil was that people are tired of working so hard for so little.  Life in Brazil is not easy for 98% of the population and particularly hard for most women.  A man who shows regular, steady, work habits, doesn't drink his paycheck away, doesn't gamble his paycheck away, doesn't spend week-ends in termas, doesn't hit his wife/girlfriend, and takes care of his children, will be shown SERIOUS attention by most women in Brazil.  The type of man that is not respected here in the US because he is not rich enough, handsome enough, young enough, does not have a high status job, or doesn't tow the feminist line enough, is highly sought after in Brazil.  Average and ignored in the US is above average and valued in Brazil.

I believe that US societal attitudes towards men will only change after enough American women get too tired of being alone.  When average women find themselves one of 10 million competing for a handful of handsome, young, rich men (a la Mark Zuckerberg, Sergei Brin, Steve Jobs, etc.) and FAILING, and the one woman that 10 million barely employed car mechanics are running after, and finding NO available men between those two extremes, then something will click.  Either women will have to share a decent man from the middle, or they will have to changes themselves to become more attractive to decent men or to inspire more low achieving men to improve themselves.

Given the way many women are turning to pets for companionship, that day is a LONG way off!

Offline CeeTeeEnn

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »
I share your synopsis, Brazilophile. This is a social problem that now affects all Anglophonic countries and is contributing in turn to our social breakdown, not to mention our collective economic woes and declining global influence. I too agree that men are ultimately to blame for all this. They released the reigns of power to allow misandrists corrupt the mass media and legal systems here. The only "comfort" I take from this is knowing that it was not my generation of men that allowed this to happen but the one(s) before. Nonetheless, it's sure as hell down to my generation to try and do something about it.

Most regretfully, i also agree that any turn around is at best decades away and at worst unachieveable. Sure, some western women will attempt to turn the tide and I wish them well in this. But a significant number will turn to eachother for companionship and/or, as you rightly mention, turn to those dreaded pooches; if there is one thing that turns me off 100% stone dead when it comes to dealing with Anglo/Euro women (not exclusively our women - many Latinas fall for this idiocy too) it's dog ownership. Also, a growing number are now taking our lead and heading to the third world to find men, though i suspect a disproportionally greater number are finding themselves scammed and screwed in the process!

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2011, 08:30:14 PM »
B Phile-

"A man who shows regular, steady, work habits, doesn't drink his paycheck away, doesn't gamble his paycheck away, doesn't spend week-ends in termas, doesn't hit his wife/girlfriend, and takes care of his children, will be shown SERIOUS attention by most women in Brazil.  The type of man that is not respected here in the US because he is not rich enough, handsome enough, young enough, does not have a high status job, or doesn't tow the feminist line enough, is highly sought after in Brazil.  Average and ignored in the US is above average and valued in Brazil."

Awesome. man if that does not hit the nail on the head tha nothing does.

Don't forget vibrators. I have heard that its the number one selling item on the internet. I don't really know but that is what I heard.

You know women are responsible for culture. If the women are not honorable the culture suffers. It also has to do with men valuing slutty behavior. Like the bible says, there is a time for everything. Its the prolonged adolecense and where it was men prolonging adolesent behavior, now it is women doing so. This is poisioness as it has always been the women that were the glue, the fabric of the family. When they go Playgirl especially for extended periods of time, society suffers.

In that respect B - Phile I disagree with you. yes men are whimpy but women have abandoned family values. Something that is intrinsic to being feminie: motherhood.

"but we who knew that different truths can coexist thought not that we were lowering ourselves by countenancing another's truth, unpalatable though it might seem."

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
Please note that I am not American.
Yes I have gone Ex-pat more than once and yes I'd do it again.
Yes it is a trend worldwide for men to do this to leave feminism behind.

I have many female friends here. Several of them want to know all about what girl I'm dating, etc, etc. Last week one of these female friends said to me:
"You always like the foreign ones and now you are going to bring them into our country."
I smiled.
She gets it.

You see men are doing three things. They are moving away from the most feminised countries and they are importing women. Thirdly some are sort of disenguaging from society. Therefore the pool of available, successful and desirable men is gradually strinking for the single feminised female. Gradually she finds she has more competition. At this point in time, she is more likely to be single because she can't just switch off her feminised conditioning over night. She is conflicted within herself. Her conditioning hasn't prepared her to attract and keep the most desirable man.
However the next generation in learning earlier in life that if she wants a man she needs to compete for one. She is going to have to make some adjustments.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »

Offline chameleon

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2011, 08:41:19 PM »
^^ I'm not convinced that will happen but those relationships will fail for the same reason that their relationships with men here do. Ultimately, the guys they bring in won't live up to their unrealistic expectations and they'll tire quickly of supporting them and the younger men will cheat like crazy.

I've mentioned it before on here but i was dating a woman that dumped her ex because he wasn't advancing fast enough in his career. Obviously, I dumped her after having a bit of fun.

V_man, the # of men actually going outside their own city or country is a tiny insignificant amount. Don't get your hopes up.

That said, what do you care about the fate of other men? I'll enjoy with smug satisfaction what goes on around me. If people can't figure out what's good for them, tough luck!

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 10:57:33 PM »
Chameleon, people in other developed countries travel much more than people from the USA.
Less than 5% of people in the USA even have a passport. Here it is sort of obligatory to travel to another country at some point in your life. I know a lot of people and I only know one guy that has not travelled to another country. As a result, we all think that he's nice but he can't be entirely right in the head. He is a guy that doesn't earn much. I've never even heard of a white collar guy who never travelled overseas. Some one like that would be a bit of a freak here. Here if you have never left the country then you are either under 25 or poor and uneducated or about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Marriage to a foreign woman is not insignificant in this part of the world. For example, more than half the married guys at my work are married to a foreign wife.
Obviously the percentage is much smaller in the general population but it is very common. Very common. Particularly in the major cities and particularly among the above average income guys.
At least the same percentage of guys have moved away.
So yeah the man drought is very real in this part of the world for any woman wanting to marry up.

Unfortunately (for them) most women are struggling to adjust to the new demographics.

However I agree with you in principle. It is going to take a long time and I'm not going to wait up.

I do tell other guys. This can only benefit us all. The more guys that listen up, the more women there will be completing for the pool and the weaker is the power base for the feminist ideology.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »
Chameleon, people in other developed countries travel much more than people from the USA.
Less than 5% of people in the USA even have a passport. Here it is sort of obligatory to travel to another country at some point in your life. I know a lot of people and I only know one guy that has not travelled to another country. As a result, we all think that he's nice but he can't be entirely right in the head. He is a guy that doesn't earn much. I've never even heard of a white collar guy who never travelled overseas. Some one like that would be a bit of a freak here. Here if you have never left the country then you are either under 25 or poor and uneducated or about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Marriage to a foreign woman is not insignificant in this part of the world. For example, more than half the married guys at my work are married to a foreign wife.
Obviously the percentage is much smaller in the general population but it is very common. Very common. Particularly in the major cities and particularly among the above average income guys.
At least the same percentage of guys have moved away.
So yeah the man drought is very real in this part of the world for any woman wanting to marry up.

Unfortunately (for them) most women are struggling to adjust to the new demographics.

However I agree with you in principle. It is going to take a long time and I'm not going to wait up.

I do tell other guys. This can only benefit us all. The more guys that listen up, the more women there will be completing for the pool and the weaker is the power base for the feminist ideology.

Good post VMan. I agree with you. If you look at the big picture it is really social evolution. Where men and women are in the western more developed world is a result of how things play out when you have prosperity.
I realized that a long time ago and didn't see it getting better. I think men and women in the US are just lost when it comes to relationships. Women are so wrapped up in the quest for independence they don't know how to give in a relationship. Men are also lost and confused when it comes to relationships as well.

I don't see the feminist movement as a bad thing but there have been some negative side effects that's for sure. Marriage seems to have been a casualty and relationships as well. I think any guy in the US should start with himself and define what it means to be a man, for himself. Forget what society tells him and understand that being alone is better than being anything other than himself. Once I realized and lived these things I was able to "chase" women from a position of strength. Knowing I didn't "need" a woman I was able to go after what I "wanted" in a relationship.
To me this is evolving. I didn't marry a foreign woman to go back in time. I simply looked at my options and went after what I wanted.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:41:40 AM by Researcher »
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Rocaro

• Probie
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2011, 03:03:34 AM »
Many men have to stop the pedestalization of women. Women are Hypergamous. They've already got levels of self esteem too high thanks to sources like facebook where they have legions of males trying to relate to them, seeking approval and too much complimenting. The feminist infiltrated structures have made these women have the freedom to chase the Alpha males until a later age despite the improbability of having them commit, and get the Beta providers to bankroll them after the divorce. The Betas responsible for much of the forward innovation in society are becoming pissed off that they are inadvertently funding feminism.

As stated, when you stop chasing and quit relying on the woman as a source of your internal state, and not being focused on the outcome of these interactions you magnify your attraction; a place where you are yourself -your best self that you've honed with experience and focusing on other passions that put you on a higher chair than the woman you talk to. A deep identity change is required.

This maybe entertaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5OdQGbVNa4

Offline Zon

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2011, 06:03:05 AM »
This maybe entertaining

Well, it would be funny if it were not grounded in some alarming truths - other parts are off base. I would never hit a woman.  But, I am not too blind to see societal changes. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:30:13 AM by Zon »

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2011, 11:56:06 PM »
Given the way many women are turning to pets for companionship, that day is a LONG way off!

These women are called "cougars".

Their "pets" are naive, stupid, horny and ignorant twenty and thirty something young men!

Zulu

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 12:06:03 AM »
     I don't see the feminist movement as a bad thing but there have been some negative side effects that's for sure.

I may catch heat for this but I agree that the fem movement was not all bad, but it became an extremist movement with an emphasis on not only taking power from men in politics and family but also marginalizing and debasing "manhood" in general.

Marriage seems to have been a casualty and relationships as well.

Exactly

I think any guy in the US should start with himself and define what it means to be a man, for himself. Forget what society tells him and understand that being alone is better than being anything other than himself. Once I realized and lived these things I was able to "chase" women from a position of strength. Knowing I didn't "need" a woman I was able to go after what I "wanted" in a relationship.
To me this is evolving. I didn't marry a foreign woman to go back in time. I simply looked at my options and went after what I wanted.

This was very similar to my development.

I wish more men would be educated to pursue this path!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2011, 01:10:42 AM »
I may catch heat for this but I agree that the fem movement was not all bad, but it became an extremist movement with an emphasis on not only taking power from men in politics and family but also marginalizing and debasing "manhood" in general.

I agree Zulu. But then when a society deteriorates as such there have been courageous men who step forward and think outside the box to find a solution...just like the few, the brave, the Wifehunters!

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:34 AM »
                        I agree Zulu. But then when a society deteriorates as such there have been courageous men who step forward and think outside the box to find a solution...just like the few, the brave, the Wifehunters!

Researcher

LOL, yeah I feel ya!

I'm working on quite a few of my friends, its not an easy task.

Zulu

Offline Zon

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2011, 11:21:52 AM »

Not to be argumentative, but a couple weeks ago, a member, Mari06, took strong opposition to me stating that the "social value of being a man" was less in the USA than in South America.  This thread has hrashed out that the same issue in more comprehensively.  I seemed to remember you being on the other side of the issue at that time, however.  Or, was that just your natural tendency to oppose anything that I state ... perhaps you like to see yourself as the "anti-zon" :)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2011, 11:21:52 AM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2011, 06:25:18 PM »
Not to be argumentative, but a couple weeks ago, a member, Mari06, took strong opposition to me stating that the "social value of being a man" was less in the USA than in South America.  This thread has hrashed out that the same issue in more comprehensively.  I seemed to remember you being on the other side of the issue at that time, however.  Or, was that just your natural tendency to oppose anything that I state ... perhaps you like to see yourself as the "anti-zon" :)

It seems you remember wrong zon unless you can show otherwise....

I don't consider myself anything near resembling the Zon "brand" you have created or the opposite

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »
"Less than 5% of people in the USA even have a passport"
Actually the percentage is between 27 and 30 percent according to CNN and the state department.
Just my dos centavos worth

Dan LV

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128