It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: New Agency In Manizales,Colombia  (Read 17505 times)

Offline pilotguy

• Commercial Member
  • Probie
New Agency In Manizales,Colombia
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »
Hello All, My name is Joe.  I have lived in Manizales colombia for 3 years.  Just starting a new type agency with a few twists.  Been watching this business for 10 years.  My site is new and homemade.  Would appreciate any critics or critiques. thanks , Joe   
the name of the agency is: www.colombiacupidolatina.com     

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: New Agency In Manizales,Colombia
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »
Congrats Joe. Professional looking website and guys traveling to Manizales should check you out and hopefully post their experiences here.

Since you wanted feedback I will offer some. As someone interested in traveling to colombia to met women one of my first questions would be how many college students or recent college graduates (20-25) are with your agency? For all I know it could be anywhere from 0 to whatever. I'm actually cool with the idea of not posting everyone's profile because I think a lot of women might not join an agency because of this. But maybe give us some figures. I've got 50 women in that basic age range for example. Every guy's search parameters will be different but just give us some basic stats. If guys are traveling down for just one week they might have trouble meeting all the women they pick out as those meetings still have to be arranged???

Just some things to think about.

Also if you have a colombia wife involved you might want to point that out as a selling point. Like, my wife picks out and sits down with all these ladies.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:36 PM »
I am very interested in seeing the girls that you have on your site.  But I do not see any listings when I click on "ladies"....just a collage with about 20 girls on it.  How do I see the actual girls you have listed? Profiles? Ages?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:36 PM »

Offline bad40

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »
looks good. something fresh and new for a change.

you indicate that real reputable would would NEVER join an agency. i assume this means their photos/names/info will not be available for viewing per the website. does this mean you will send photos, etc. to customers privately via email after they have paid?

also it may be a good idea to add women from pereira also. its close to manizales and it doesn't appear that there are any agencies there..

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 03:54:12 PM »
Joe:

Do you have a last name?

Do you have a telephone number in Manizales that you will list?

Are you connected with the Manizales marriage agency, cupido?

What does the $275 exactly cover, how many introduictions in what period of time?

Offline Jamie

• Commercial Member
    • http://International-Introductions.com
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 05:45:28 PM »
Joe on this page http://www.colombiacupidolatina.com/theconcept.htmlyou have my slogan “Love Has No Borders” along with my design and artwork. I purchased this photo 6 years ago. Please remove this from your site.
Engage the Exotic - Latin Women
http://International-Introductions.com

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »

Your site seems quite sketchy for information and it seems to load slow even though I have high speed Internet..

I noticed you don't list your first or last name or your partners names on your website ?

We know that Jamie Morrow owns International Introductions but we don't know your name ?

I don't see any contact phone number or email ?

Your slogan and picture you have on your website did look familiar when I looked at your website earlier.. After Jamie posted , I double checked his site and it seems you have stolen his picture and logo..

You mention one of your partners is "a Colombian/American attorney" and your lead counsel is a "A retired Caldas Supreme Court Justice"..

Did your attorney partner and your retired supreme court justice lead counsel agree with you absconding with Jamie's logo , artwork and photo ?

I hope you rectify this action ASAP and explain to us why you did this ?

singlefather

Offline caligula

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »
The site also have a link to ladies videos which takes one to paypal! Not to mention the investment and  medical services they seem to be pushing.
WHAT A HODGE PODGE of  NOTHING!

Offline P Daddy

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 07:41:42 PM »
One has to wonder if he stole Jamie's slogan and artwork, where did he get the pics of the 20 or so girls he has under his "LADIES" catagory?  I would wager a nice bet that none of those ladies are a member of his agency, and are more than likely "lifted" from other sources...

Not a good first impression Joe...looks like you got some "splaining" to do... :o

Offline singlefather no more

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 08:04:41 PM »

Good point PDaddy..

He has no ages , first names listed or any information on the girls..

Here is the free report from whoisnet Domain-Based Research Services on Joe's company.

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=www.colombiacupidolatina.com&tld=com

singlefather

Offline Cali-vet

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 06:37:23 AM »
This seems to be a previous iteration:

http://www.colombiacupido.com/index.php

...but overpriced! $300 for four introductions.

Offline rpcv

• Opted-Out
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 08:18:14 AM »
Hello All, My name is Joe.  I have lived in Manizales colombia for 3 years.  Just starting a new type agency with a few twists.  Been watching this business for 10 years.  My site is new and homemade.  Would appreciate any critics or critiques. thanks , Joe   

Joe, I sure you are aware of another agency "Colombiacupido" in Manizales. The current price for a single introduction at that agency is $50 (website is outdated). If you can offer something slightly less and with good customer service that would increase client interest.

Manizales is not a city most folks will go and visit because of the extra plane flight needed to reach it and/or the 5+ hours on a bus from major cities. Still, the city is amazing, lots of activities and down to earth women so you choose a great location.

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »

Nothing to look at, because first thing I saw..... very poor quality website

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »

Offline GatoAzul

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »
Congrats Joe. Professional looking website ....

I hope your joking!!

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 02:10:30 PM »
no offence, but this website kind of sucks, not that mine is great or anything.

Offline GatoAzul

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »
no offence, but this website kind of sucks, not that mine is great or anything.

Agree with you there.  Not only his website sucks, but also his sense of business.  He claims that he is an 'investor-business owner'.   If he is really a 'businessman', then why did he steal Jamie's slogan?   As a true businessman, he should know better to hire someone to do the website work.  True businessmen (or women) should always know how to sell their services and know where to advert and do some research before setting up business.

Offline valuedcustomer

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 06:06:52 AM »
Red flags:  no phone number or physical address.  Just a paypale account and e-mail address.  Alot of talk about experience and no proof and no specifics.  One page says "sampling of ladies that come to our open house" and shows a collection of professional photos.  No photos of their alleged ladies.  Poorly constructed website.  Unfortunetly there are enough gullible men who may be willing to feed money to a paypal account with no proof of service. 

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 08:15:11 AM »
Hi Joe:
I'd scrap the sitebuilder software. Put your site in here: http://validator.w3.org/ 31 errors. Yikes, the bots won't like that. A far better choice would be to rewrite it in XHTML 1.1 with CSS.

Next put it in here and check all of the boxes: http://www.willmaster.com/library/tools/What_Search_Engine_Spiders_See.php?dlperry No headers and no link anchor text - only images. These are the two most important places to have keywords for the search engine bots. Plus - way too many meta keywords. Google doesn't even look at them but will penalize you if it looks like you're trying to keyword stuff. Keep them under 120 characters.

Next, Google will lock you out if it finds the term "Under Construction" I'd suggest changing it to "Coming Soon"

That's a few technical issues I see - I'll let the others comment about content and usefulness.

- Jeff

Offline herbrags

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 09:44:56 AM »
 i think it is bad idea to use other website girls on site..it makes site untrustworthy..

Offline valuedcustomer

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »

It's awful nice of us to help an obvious shyster to improve his game. 

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 07:24:32 AM »
>>>> horrid  <<<<<

No possibility of redemption...

DayTrader
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Maria

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 09:24:22 PM »
Wow I missed this one... :o

Sorry but this "home made site" as you call it, has scam written all over the place. I suggest if you are real you make some changes ASAP.

8) Just from seeing a familiar face of girl who lives in Barranquilla makes the title  "these are ladies of manizales" a huge lie, more if the girl is like one of the most popular faces of another agency. ::)

In an industry that deals with people's lives, feelings and emotions details like this can cost you losing credibility and right now you started off with 0%.

Good Luck

FL
If a person doesn't know what he/she wants, he/she generally doesn't want what they got.

Sometimes we substitute the physical connection, or even the occasional emotional connection, for the real relationship we want to be in.

Offline bigstew33

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »
any chance this guy is using the same web designer as Jaimie?  Obviously the site is not completed so maybe he is looking for feedback. 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »

Offline GatoAzul

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 06:18:20 PM »
any chance this guy is using the same web designer as Jaimie?  Obviously the site is not completed so maybe he is looking for feedback. 

There is reason why there are Visual Merchandisers!  Why do they have visual merchandisers (= window displayers)? 

Visual merchandising is presenting goods in an attractive and understandable manner.  The way goods are placed on view can be a key to achieving high sales.  Displays and exhibits are ways that clothing items are visually promoted.  Mannequins are commonly used in both window displays and interior displays.

Why is that?  Of course to impress customers into buying fashionable items.

Now to get to the point

It is no different designing a good website just like Jamie's.  Jamie's website is as good as professional Visual Merchandisers that design window display for the stores.   You can see the background of Jamie's place in his website - a very good interior design work. 

THIS TOPIC GUY obviously does not know how to impress customers.   After looking at this guy's website, it made me feel as if I went to a 'high-fashion' shop that had its board up on the window after hooligan had broken the windows.  If you know my meaning. 

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 277