It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: curious  (Read 2637 times)

Offline bp

curious
« on: November 20, 2007, 02:27:45 PM »
Hi all,

This probably belongs in a general forum (as this isn't a Latin American specific topic), but there isn't one, so I just picked what appears to be the busiest forum here.

I'm a 29 year old single guy that's curious about this whole scene. Long story short, I don't know much, but I'm pretty open. At this point, I'm just putting my feelers in the water. I have no concrete plans at this time. I was thinking of contacting an agency with some questions, but I thought I'd get some basic info from the community first. Just to be clear, my interest is towards serious relationships.

Based on what I've seen so far (and this board supports it), it seems the three major regions to meet women are Russia, East Asia, and Latin America. Obviously, there are cultural differences, but by way of international relationships, what are some of the more significant differences? In regards to myself, I don't see me as having a preference for one ethnicity of woman over another, but I probably still have a lot to learn.

Also, it seems that religion is rather important, no matter the culture. Specifically, I've seen a strong tendency towards Catholicism. Ironically, I was raised Catholic, but am not any more. I don't even consider myself Christian. How much of an impediment is this?

The agency I'm currently looking at is aforeignaffair.com. Does anyone have experience with them, or are there any recommendations for other agencies? The following questions are what I have so far:

1) Tell me more about the introduction tours. Do you have a sample itinerary?
2) Would you say that a lot/most of the connections (that lead to serious relationships/marriage) happen as a result of the tours?
3) What exactly happens once people connect? Is there an expectation of a fast marriage? Do they correspond for a while? Do they visit each other much?
4) I've seen that translators are provided. Are they locals? Where do they come from?

(#4 isn't really all that important, but I'm just curious)

How are these questions? Is there anything that I'm missing? I'd appreciate any advice that anyone has. Thanks.

-bp

Offline catz

Re: curious
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »
Welcome bp!

Spend some time reading through the site. Especially the trip reports as they will give you a good feel for how things work.

As far as difference are concerned there are plenty between the three main geographic situations. You may want to decide which one you would be interested in trying and concentrate on that aspect of it. If you decide to go to Russia/Ukraine then check out http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com as that is the Russian sister of this web forum.

I would stay away from tours myself. Think of cattle with money being herded into a pen filled with party girls and professional daters and you'll be pretty close.

Religion is also more region specific so it will depend on where you go but as with everything in life there are exceptions to each and every rule so don't base your choice on this factor alone.

#3 is up to the individuals involved. If you bring a girl here on a K1 you have 90 days to marry or she has to leave. Hopefully if you got to that stage you would already know her well enough to be sure that you wanted to marry her. This is not a "test drive" visa although some use it that way and in so doing can end up in a living hell married to someone they do not know.

#4 are usually locals, often agency employees but also students or freelancers.

Good luck!

Offline bp

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 04:42:27 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

I had a similar thought about the tours, but how else do people meet?

Also, what about tattoos? I should have thought to mention this in my original post, but I have a couple. None are visible if I'm wearing a shirt, but I don't know how this is perceived in other cultures.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 04:42:27 PM »

Offline catz

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »
You can use ICQ, join a free dating site, online chat sites, sign up with an agency, go on vacation and meet ladies in their natural environment, etc. Depends on your style and what you want to try.

Tattoos: Just something to disclose to anyone you might be interested in. Some will like them and some will not. Not a big worry IMO.

Offline EricandCaro

• Commercial Member
  • Agency Owners and Married
    • Colombian Introductions
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 07:09:27 PM »
Hi all,

This probably belongs in a general forum (as this isn't a Latin American specific topic), but there isn't one, so I just picked what appears to be the busiest forum here.

I'm a 29 year old single guy that's curious about this whole scene. Long story short, I don't know much, but I'm pretty open. At this point, I'm just putting my feelers in the water. I have no concrete plans at this time. I was thinking of contacting an agency with some questions, but I thought I'd get some basic info from the community first. Just to be clear, my interest is towards serious relationships.

Based on what I've seen so far (and this board supports it), it seems the three major regions to meet women are Russia, East Asia, and Latin America. Obviously, there are cultural differences, but by way of international relationships, what are some of the more significant differences? In regards to myself, I don't see me as having a preference for one ethnicity of woman over another, but I probably still have a lot to learn.

Also, it seems that religion is rather important, no matter the culture. Specifically, I've seen a strong tendency towards Catholicism. Ironically, I was raised Catholic, but am not any more. I don't even consider myself Christian. How much of an impediment is this?

The agency I'm currently looking at is aforeignaffair.com. Does anyone have experience with them, or are there any recommendations for other agencies? The following questions are what I have so far:

1) Tell me more about the introduction tours. Do you have a sample itinerary?
2) Would you say that a lot/most of the connections (that lead to serious relationships/marriage) happen as a result of the tours?
3) What exactly happens once people connect? Is there an expectation of a fast marriage? Do they correspond for a while? Do they visit each other much?
4) I've seen that translators are provided. Are they locals? Where do they come from?

(#4 isn't really all that important, but I'm just curious)

How are these questions? Is there anything that I'm missing? I'd appreciate any advice that anyone has. Thanks.

-bp

Welcome!

My wife and I own an foreign online dating site. We provide introductions in Bogota and do not do the big tour thing. The women do not like it and it makes them feel like they are in a cattle line up. We only introduce you to women that share a mutual interest. The key is to start corresponding. Utilize online services to chat, send messages and share photos. All of these help to communicate and get acquainted. On our site,  we contact and conduct background checks on the  US men and the Colombian women members. This helps to maintain high quality of members. Take your time and check out all the agencies and dating sites. At this time, register for FREE with us and see what happens. We would love to have you. Do no hesitate to contact me and ask questions. I would love to share my experiences with you and maybe it will help you in pursuit for happiness.   Nothing ventured nothing gained. 

Enjoy!

-Eric

-Eric
Best wishes,
Eric & Caro
www.ColombianIntroductions.com

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 11:28:44 PM »
I had a similar thought about the tours, but how else do people meet?

Five steps to marrying a Latina nurse in (any country) South America:

1. Drink at least five glasses of unbottled water on your first day of arrival. Preferably on an empty stomach.

2. When your bowels start gurgling on day two, you'll know Montezuma's doing his magic. Prepare a daypack.

3. When your bowels begin to fail on about day three, grab the daypack and admit yourself to a local clinic.

4. Scope out the staff for the finest nurse and tell her in your most pained voice, "Cure mi estómago y tome mi corazón."

5. After your discharge, head back home and file the petition. (Of course, only after you've consulted with the immigration attorneys at Papi & Fan Club Associates. :))

Peace, yo!

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline bp

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »
Five steps to marrying a Latina nurse in (any country) South America

very funny. :D

You can use ICQ...

People still use ICQ? I haven't even seen it since the beginning of college, and that was over 10 years ago.

-------

Also, I think I'm leaning towards Latin America, if only because I have a history with Spanish, and it probably wouldn't take me long to regain some fluency. Anyway, I've been surfing this board, and I'm seeing a lot of talk about LA (especially Colombia) being pretty similar to Miami and relationships being rather superficial. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Miami and am not looking for the "drama" of those kinds of relationships.

With that in mind, should I be looking at a particular region/country? Or how would you characterize the various commonly visited regions?

Thanks again.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 02:01:21 PM »
  I started about 10 years ago and have been to the Philippines, Mexico,South Korea and Colombia.For me, Colombia turned out to be the best.I think it probably depends on your experiences and preferences.I lived in Mexico for a little while and studied spanish while I was there so the language difference is really not much of an issue for me.I took my time and checked things out....I'm glad I did.Good luck.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 130