Forum > Off-Topic Items

World Cup Mania

(1/3) > >>

robert angel:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/17/world/americas/mexico-soccer-world-cup.html?action=click&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=Article&region=Footer&contentCollection=Americas

Intense already...

Calipro:

--- Quote from: robert angel on June 17, 2018, 07:56:15 PM ---https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/17/world/americas/mexico-soccer-world-cup.html?action=click&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=Article&region=Footer&contentCollection=Americas

Intense already...

--- End quote ---

Reminds me of the time I woke up one Sunday morning in Cali and walked out on my balcony to look at the quiet city below
When all of an sudden I hear this low rumbling roar coming from every direction
It actually scared me for a second because I didn’t know what was happening

But I finally figured out they were screaming gooooal

benjio:
I love every minute of it!!!!

robert angel:

--- Quote from: benjio on June 19, 2018, 08:58:12 AM ---I love every minute of it!!!!

--- End quote ---

There's that 'anything can happen' (and probably will) sort of feeling. When there's a real possibility that a small, impoverished nation can win it all,  it just makes it all the more interesting.

Then again, being born in NYC, that didn't stop me from rooting for Boston against the Yanks, when they finally got a shot in baseball's World Series---just like the Cubs, I like to pull for the underdog sometimes.

And with the USA not even making entry qualifications to play in this year's World Cup and the USA hosting it here eight years from now, the USA really needs to work on their "A' game, as it'd be long shame if we didn't make the cut while hosting the whole shooting match.

I don't think anyone could feel as bad as host Brazil did after Germany thoroughly wiped them out on their own turf, but it'd be real sad all the same.

pachris:
Our kids are enjoying it here in Panama.  Their school basically called an audible and Monday they were allowed to watch the game in school, wearing blue jeans and red shirts to support the team.  Not sure they understand that in the US they would not likely be able to do that. :)  Though I do recall watching a shuttle launch many years ago in elementary school.
I'll say the Panamanians are very excited to be in the World Cup and I can't blame them.  It's a big deal for a small country who has never been!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version