It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: How are you guys?  (Read 3765 times)

Offline braziliangirl

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
How are you guys?
« on: May 04, 2023, 07:37:52 PM »
Hi, P-L!

Long time no see!

My buddy benjio is coming to visit me and that made me think about you all. He says he is coming to meet a girl, but I know it's just an excuse. (Sorry if it was a secret  :-\ !)

I don't know if I can still write in English, but I'll try.

I'm 42 now and still single. I gave up the gringo thing. I'm a bank relationship manager at government owned bank now. They pay me well and can't fire me unless I mess up really bad, so it would be crazy to leave and start all over in a new country, specially at my age.

I moved to São Paulo about 3 years ago and I'm loving it! My hometown Belém was already a big city, but few cities in the world compare to São Paulo. The only things I miss here are the big Amazonian rivers and the unique food.

Even in a 22 million city dating is hard. I guess men think women over 40 are past the expiration date and no longer marriage material, so they just want casual sex. Invitations to go to their houses in the first date... No, thanks! So I'm getting used to the single life, enjoying my friends and all the great restaurants and bars there are here! Also saving and investing so I can pay a good retirement home and don't die alone.  ;D ;D

I miss you guys and the conversations we had. Hope everybody found their pairs and is doing well.

Beijo!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: How are you guys?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 08:04:50 AM »
HA HA!!!! No secret…still searching for that special someone and tired of all the bad experiences in Colombia. Thought I’d give Brazil another try as I did have a great relationship there for a while. Hopefully I also get to see my son although his mother is bound and determined to keep me out of his life completely. I look forward to seeing you again my friend. We shall dine!!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 08:07:34 AM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 01:46:07 PM »
Glad to hear from the both of you! Miss I.V. --she's a sweetie. Meanwhile we're still doing fine. I retired back in 2018 and for the last few years my wife has worked from home, which is great. We live on an 8 by 3 mile long barrier island off the coast of Georgia (Skidaway) and whether at home, or at the harbor, there's peacefulness and wifi. So I can fish or crab or just chill nearby on a dock as she 'gets things done' nearby. There are countless miles of trails and we often see more deer and alligators than humans, lol. Savannah's not as far away as it seems (25 minutes) and sometimes we'll head into town for a reality check. Maybe once a week I get together with the guys for lunch, but at 11:30AM, that's awfully early for me to head out.

Sure wish our wide age difference didn't become more apparent as time goes by, but for going on 18 years married it 'is what it is' and we're still in it together. Keeping our circle of friends small and focusing on 'us'  seems to work. I have no desire to go back into teaching and my wife's work keeps her in health insurance. Some of her income also makes sure family members have tuition $$ and if necessary, options to get established working abroad. Show them how to fish, rather than them them forever, we figure.

Anyways, very thankful for what we have. The odds of success for marriages involving immigration and just for foreigners from different nations/cultures  anywhere is slim. But hella fun all the same!

Anybody else out there? come'on guys, come'on!!!

This site doesn't seem too picture DL friendly,oh well....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:52:27 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 01:46:07 PM »

Offline benjio

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 06:26:46 AM »
Glad to hear from the both of you! Miss I.V. --she's a sweetie. Meanwhile we're still doing fine. I retired back in 2018 and for the last few years my wife has worked from home, which is great. We live on an 8 by 3 mile long barrier island off the coast of Georgia (Skidaway) and whether at home, or at the harbor, there's peacefulness and wifi. So I can fish or crab or just chill nearby on a dock as she 'gets things done' nearby. There are countless miles of trails and we often see more deer and alligators than humans, lol. Savannah's not as far away as it seems (25 minutes) and sometimes we'll head into town for a reality check. Maybe once a week I get together with the guys for lunch, but at 11:30AM, that's awfully early for me to head out.

Sure wish our wide age difference didn't become more apparent as time goes by, but for going on 18 years married it 'is what it is' and we're still in it together. Keeping our circle of friends small and focusing on 'us'  seems to work. I have no desire to go back into teaching and my wife's work keeps her in health insurance. Some of her income also makes sure family members have tuition $$ and if necessary, options to get established working abroad. Show them how to fish, rather than them them forever, we figure.

Anyways, very thankful for what we have. The odds of success for marriages involving immigration and just for foreigners from different nations/cultures  anywhere is slim. But hella fun all the same!

Hey Robert! Great to hear from you and I’m happy things are going well. Sounds you’re living the good life!!! Take care!!

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 08:42:19 PM »

Just celebrated 11 years married with my wife. My oldest daughter will be 10 in June and the other is 8. I am grateful to PL as I read and posted a bunch early on and got good advice. My wife and I have grown closer I believe. We've had plenty of ups and downs,and  take it a day at a time and make sure we connect and try to manage our stress. I do miss the back and forth we had here on PL years ago so its great  to hear from you folks!

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 03:50:32 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Glad part of the old gang dropped in!!

Thanks for checking in Brazilian girl!   I remember you well back in the day!  Glad you are doing well!

I have been married now for 18 years to a woman I met from Peru thanks to this site.   I just turned 60 and we have an eight year old child. ( I'm an old papa!)   I have been a teacher for 35 years and will be retiring in a few weeks. We are planning to move to the beach.

Included a recent family picture from my daughter's first communion at a restaurant.

Hope everyone is well!!

:) :) :)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 06:46:52 PM »
Wow, what a beautiful family!!! Savor the days!!!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 07:08:50 PM »
The luckiest guy in the world, so far!!

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 05:36:25 AM »
Hey Chris,

Is that the Castaway restaurant in Burbank on the hill?  Congrats on a beautiful family!

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2023, 12:45:54 AM »
Hi Dan!

Yes it is The Castaways in Burbank.

You live in the area?

Offline ag1987

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2023, 02:31:21 AM »
Cool to see this place still going (sort of). I started asking questions here in 2018/2019? Met a Colombiana from a low-estrato (red flag > 90% of the time, sorry but it is what it is), she was awful, mostly in her severe lack of ambition/effort...thank god I didn't force that one. Decided to keep at it and made another trip in early 2020 (just before covid ramped up) and met my now-wife. we are married 2 years next month! I got myself a real keeper, already has done a cross-country move and next year we are moving to Italy for 3 yrs. (life of a Sailor...). The green card process wasn't much fun with all the waiting for work permission/travel document but she has her green card now. I'm thankful as she works a full time job bringing in a legit second income for our household.

I'm on the back half of my military career, just a few more assignments, then retirement! Unsure if we will stay in the states, but we do have a plot of land just outside Cartagena (near family)...plan to build a small casita there for family visits.

I hope other guys are still keeping options open for "the one" to be found outside the US. Best advice as we all know is get off WhatsApp, the dating sites, etc. and get down there/out there/wherever there is, but be there in person!

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2023, 10:30:58 AM »
Hi Chris, I lived in Woodland Hills for many years but now live in a suburb of Washington DC for the last 14 years. I’ve been to the caraways many times when I lived in the valley! Congrats on a beautiful family.

Offline benjio

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2023, 09:22:19 AM »
Cool to see this place still going (sort of). I started asking questions here in 2018/2019? Met a Colombiana from a low-estrato (red flag > 90% of the time, sorry but it is what it is), she was awful, mostly in her severe lack of ambition/effort...thank god I didn't force that one. Decided to keep at it and made another trip in early 2020 (just before covid ramped up) and met my now-wife. we are married 2 years next month! I got myself a real keeper, already has done a cross-country move and next year we are moving to Italy for 3 yrs. (life of a Sailor...). The green card process wasn't much fun with all the waiting for work permission/travel document but she has her green card now. I'm thankful as she works a full time job bringing in a legit second income for our household.

I'm on the back half of my military career, just a few more assignments, then retirement! Unsure if we will stay in the states, but we do have a plot of land just outside Cartagena (near family)...plan to build a small casita there for family visits.

I hope other guys are still keeping options open for "the one" to be found outside the US. Best advice as we all know is get off WhatsApp, the dating sites, etc. and get down there/out there/wherever there is, but be there in person!

Always great to hear success stories!!! Best of luck to you and your wife!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2023, 09:22:19 AM »

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2023, 09:57:34 PM »
Hey braziliangirl! 

Good luck on dating at 42!

Wow time flies

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293