Forum > Latin -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

Newbie post and seeking advise

(1/5) > >>

TechGromit:
 Hello,

Here's my situation, I'm separated, getting divorced within the next 6 months. Was Married for 10 years to an Italian heritage American women, around the same age as me.  While we did get along well in pretty much every other aspect of our Marriage, she lost all interest in Sex. I've tried for years to get her to try medication, therapy, but she had no interest. When she did agree to give me pity sex, she would say words of encouragement like, "Are you finished yet", "Hurry up and finish",  "I can't take anymore", all the while not wanting it kiss. I just got sick of the lack of effort on her part and ended it.

We lived apart for 6 months now, I just sold the house we owned together, I'm currently living with my Parents to minimize expenses to pay off my debt and save some money quickly as possible. While I don't have any assets to speak of, I do have a good amount of $ in my retirement account and I have a great well paying job (I do Cyber Security at a Nuclear Power Plant), in a few years of saving I'll be back where I should be financial wise. Anyway, I'm very interested in pursuing a Wife from a foreign country, I'm pretty open to nationality, Russian, Latin American, Asian, so long as she's good looking, willing to move to the United States, has at least some sex drive left and isn't a gold digger. :)

Does anyone have any opinion's what nationality would best fit what I seek? I'm 49 years old, Tall, a little heavy, but certainly no obese, and pretty good looking still.  I'm more than willing to travel to meet my perspective mate. I took a trip to Cartagena Columbia about 10 years ago, and find Columbia women very sex. Anyway I took a look at www.latin-wife.com, not that I'm planning to go the matchmaking route, but looking at the profiles, the common theme is most women's cut off age seems to be 45. Of course I realize that women in the 20's are only interesting in Men in the mid-30's, but I thought that as a rule of thumb, Latin women dated men 10 years older than them, I've seen profiles of women as old as 41 and there cut off age was 45. I hoping to meet someone in there mid to late 30's/ early 40's, but I guess so long as she fits what I'm looking for I'm open to age. 

Cherub:
I´m 70 and only have experience dating younger women in Colombia. I can tell you from my experience the 45 cut off age is just a number. In the past 10 years I´ve dated several nice Colombian women half my age and some even younger. Nothing serious with the younger ones, but came close a couple times with the half-my-age group. The youngest I dated was 18 and the oldest was 58. That´s a 40 year spread. I am most comfortable with Colombianas 35 to 45, and occasionally into the 50´s.
If you are 45 you can easily date from 18 to 50 but my guess is you would be most comfortable dating  Colombian women 25 to 35.
I meet most of my dates through Latin cupid and Colombian cupid. Ocasionally meet someone interesting in a store or on the street. Recently met a nice girl 25 single no kids while I was waiting for at the bus stop. We exchanged numbers and started up a month long WhatsApp conversation before meeting in person again. Interesting girl, college student in public administration. Graduates in December. Just an example. Good luck.

TechGromit:
I'm noticing a common theme on "Latin cupid", platinum memberships with no details in there profile and the first message is I'm new to this site, contact me at xyz@gmail.com. Not sure what they want, maybe to spam your emaill address once you send you first message. I just delete them as I see them.

robert angel:
If I had to do it all again and only if I could speak Spanish (I'm beyond terrible at picking up second languages) I'd have another go south of the border to at least have a 'look see' again. Just curious. I'm a sucker for a hot looking Latina, but that said, I'm not sure if I could find one with a personality as consistently stable as I require. I also don't want to have to spend years trying to overcome, to have to work around a language barrier at home and in public. That's just me, everybody's different, but I don't want to have to 'tame a tiger' personality continuously either  Nor do I want anyone who plays loose with the truth.

Dated a number in my time, but often saw too much drama, heard too many 'tales'. Also, three of my Uncles married Latinas and when it was good, it was very good, but all too often, it was 'kisses and hand grenades' and that taught me a lot growing up. "Gee, Aunt Sonia--what happened to all the plates in the china cabinet?"----I loved them, the food, the music, the passion, all my cousin's hot little chica friends, Mmmmm-- but too many ups and downs. My Aunties treated me sooo well, like the Prince of Princes, but man o live, the ups and downs my Uncles went through....

But having been married twice to ladies from the Philippines and very, very satisfied with my lovely, low maintainance, incredibly even tempered and forgiving Filipina wife---who's also quite a bit younger, I'd go back to the Philippines again, if it sadly came to that.

English isn't a problem there. They typically consider sex not just an obligation, but also a most welcome activity. Look at the nation's birthrate and you might wonder exactly what the nation's favorite 'past time' really is! As a matter of fact, a couple days back, my wife was showing me a scholarly article, explaining how our active sex life is actually good for person's physical and mental health, as well as life span. Maybe I'll live to 100....

Speaking of numbers, 400 hundred years of Spanish occupation, as well as migratory influxes from China, India and other nations, have created a nation with incredibly varied appearance amongst its close to 60 million females. There's  almost every kind of 'look' you can imagine, from milky white skin, like royalty from Spain to east Indian,. Then there's of course the classic morena skin and looks on women who may seem half Spanish and half Asian, there's the more pure blooded Asian looks, some Indonesian types, the  Australians, Koreans, Japanese who are increasingly marrying Filipinas and moving there to get more 'traditional' wives, (as well the ability to legally buy prime land), to increasingly, the 'Euroasian' mixed look women. There are even almost African looks on the few indigenous people left there and more.

It's a real candy store, of beautiful, varied types of exotic women. Willy Wonka, were he making females, couldn't have done any better, IMO.

I get a sore neck and need to wear wrap around sunglasses when walking around there. Don't need viagara, you might need 'doggie downer' pills instead, LOL.

The Philippine's educational system highly emphasizes English, literacy is very high and college education common. Western ways are probably more common there than any other Asian nation/culture, but they still have a distsinct identity and intense national pride.

I'd say both Latin and Filipino cultures are probably equal in terms of 'potential' issues with the family abroad being a financial drain, but that varies from family to family, situation--I've been fortunate.

Work ethic is very high. In many areas, the women are raised to prefer deferring to their husband's desires, letting him lead. Not to say they're mindless robots, but a good Filipina will never lose her composure in public and no matter how bone headed  a move you make in public, will never 'call you out' and create an embarassing situation.

On the other hand, if you're incapacitated,  a lot of them will stick by you. If you can't get things done, they're usually pretty adaptable and ready to step in and get those things done.

I got lucky, (very) but having been in the provinces and cities there, I prefer the folks in the smaller cities and villages,  out in the southern provinces. They just seem more laid back, with more traditional, 'old fashioned' values, yet higher education is valued and they typically adapt to new ways quite well. From the Artic to Antartica and everywhere in between, chances are you'll find a Filipino who's setlledmin well. Christianity is usually a big thing, but they don't pound it on others and it certainly doesn't impact their sensuality!

Going to the Philippines is a long, long trip and an expensive plane ticket, but once you get there, the cost of living can be incredibly low compared to here. Probably a third to half of the world's highest rated beaches are in the Philippines  and the resorts, from low to high priced, are wonderful, the food quite good. The shopping malls are unreal--thriving, huge, with lights, music and impossibly beautiful salegirls fawning over you. If you can't uh, 'strike up a friendship' with a lovely Filipina at a mall there, you are beyond hope. The people are beyond friendly, most have family in the US already and love Yankees--they'll make you feel like a rock star, even if you're older, fat and balding. If you're halfway decent, cabbies, hotel doormen and more will want to introduce you to someone.

Yes, there are gold diggers in every country, but there are a lot of ladies there who just want a good guy to be their husband till the end, to have retire there with them or take them to a new land.

Life's too short already. Maybe try posting a free profile on Filipinocupid and see what kind of bites you get. Learn to sort em out. Get the past behind you--regroup, reload and get on the plane!

vikingo:
Hello Tech, your soon to be ex wife has a problem with hormone balance, she is lacking testosterone, which in small amounts is responsible for a woman's sex drive. You might want to talk to her about it to see a good gynecologist to bring her back to normal so she won't have to be alone for the rest of her life.
As far as foreign women are concerned, you may have to kiss a lot of frogs and be financially taken advantage off, before you find what you're looking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version