It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Flt 370...What's your Theory?  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Flt 370...What's your Theory?
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »

Very interesting story of the mysteriously missing Malaysian Airlines 777.

Despite the seriousness of the subject to those personally involved, I get a kick out of some of the utterly stupid comments and theories uttered by the media whackoes. Some of the so-called "experts" on various news outlets are obviously ignorant dumb-asses.

One blond bimbo on Fox News Channel said something like 'I understand that birds could have caused the satelite pings that were picked up, and not necessarily from the missing plane'. Birds trying to communicate with satelites? I think it's obvious that she was hired for her legs, not her brains...LOL!

Lots of really stupid comments from more bimbos on CNN, which has provided almost 24-7 coverage.

One theory I really liked was from some guy who called up a radio station to tell them that 'They are looking on the wrong planet. They should be searching on Venus'. 

Personally, I'll go with the theory that at least one of the pilots pulled another Muslim Jihadist Psycho moment and killed himself and everyone on board. The plane is now parked in Davey Jones' Locker.

So what's your theory? Don't we still have some commercial airline pilots on the forum?

Ray

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Flt 370...What's your Theory?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 12:06:23 AM »
Most likely series of events went like this:
Pilots sign off from Malaysian air traffic control.
They see and/or smell smoke. They don't realize smoke is coming from lithium batteries in the cargo hold, against the law to carry on passenger airlines in the U.S. but not elsewhere in the world.
They program in a route to the nearest airport to get on the ground quickly.
Thinking it is an electrical fire, they shut down all electronics.
They start turning things on one by one to get control of the plane and try to track down the electrical fire.
Pilots, crew, and passengers are overcome by smoke.
Plane overflies target return airport and keeps on flying till it runs out of fuel.

...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:06:41 AM »
They see and/or smell smoke. They don't realize smoke is coming from lithium batteries in the cargo hold, against the law to carry on passenger airlines in the U.S. but not elsewhere in the world.
They start turning things on one by one to get control of the plane and try to track down the electrical fire.
Plane overflies target return airport and keeps on flying till it runs out of fuel.

Sadly, it sounds all too plausible. It wouldn't be the first time and it's incredible that commercial airliners in other nations allow the use of those batteries still. I'll bet that like most forms of pollution, it comes down to saving money--the lithium batteries are probably cheaper to use, so maybe that part isn't too incredible.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:06:41 AM »

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:17:48 PM »

You been watching CNN?

They seem to be hung up lately on the "zombie plane" theory.

I'm not buying it, but we may never know for sure, absent the data recorder...

Have you heard the "diamond theory"?   ;D

Ray

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 11:37:23 AM »
 ;)

Theory 1:
a) Fred was the best navigator of the times, when he wasn't drinking
b) Unfortunately, he had had a few the night before the flight
c) They got lost, ran out of gas, fell into the ocean

Theory 2:
a) The flight was really a spy mission for FDR
b) Japanese shot them down
    i) Fell into the ocean     or
    ii) Landed on a remote island   and 
        a) Taken prisoner and were later secretly released to the US with new identities  or
        b)  Helped by friendly natives and eventually returned to the US with new identities
    iii) Crashed on remote island and were killed in the crash                       

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:25:14 PM »
Sadly, it sounds all too plausible. It wouldn't be the first time and it's incredible that commercial airliners in other nations allow the use of those batteries still. I'll bet that like most forms of pollution, it comes down to saving money--the lithium batteries are probably cheaper to use, so maybe that part isn't too incredible.
Not about being USED on the plane, but being transported in the cargo hold from a manufacturer in Malaysia to an electronics manufacturer in China.  By law in the U.S. they are supposed to be shipped by freight aircraft, not allowed to be shipped in the luggage compartment.  But outside the U.S., FAA regulations only go so far.

You been watching CNN?
 They seem to be hung up lately on the "zombie plane" theory.
 I'm not buying it, but we may never know for sure, absent the data recorder...
 Have you heard the "diamond theory"?   ;D
Not CNN.  Bryan Suits on 790 KABC radio.  I used to always catch his "Dark Secret Place" radio show when walking the dog on Saturday nights on KFI.  I always felt like I knew something more about what's going on in the world after his broadcast, and he was their top downloaded podcast.  So KABC dropped Geraldo to give his timeslot to Suits.  A major improvement in my book.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864