It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombian vs Brazil Women  (Read 44201 times)

Offline anm8tr

Colombian vs Brazil Women
« on: May 22, 2010, 01:20:16 PM »
Hola, I don't want to get in a heated discussion here regarding Colombian women, but just wanted to give some feedback I have experienced lately. I have been corresponding to several Colombian women and also a few Brazilians and I have to mention what a difference there is in communication between the two. I am finding that the Brazilians are much more attentive to my questions and what I would call proper communication between two adults, humans etc. vs the Colombians. The letters from the Brazilians are much warmer and to the point.
It's a completely different mindset between the two.

I am not keen on having to learn Portuguese after all the time I have spent on Spanish, luckily the Brazilian girls speak Spanish. It's like two worlds apart between the women though.

Also, I am not sure how I can convince a woman who is used to spending time on the beach everyday, to trade that for Cactus, Mountains and Snow. LOL!

Just curious, does anyone else have any similar experiences here?

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Colombian vs Brazil Women
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 01:36:26 PM »
Interesting subject. I wonder though, what cities did you target? I know this will play a role in Colombia, probably in Brazil as well.

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »
Interesting subject. I wonder though, what cities did you target? I know this will play a role in Colombia, probably in Brazil as well.

I have two Colombians in Medellin and two Brazilians in Belo Horizonte. The difference in communication is like night and day. the Brazilians seem so much more alive, at least in correspondence. I know statistically speaking this is a small sample, but the difference for me was so striking that I had to mention it. I have also spoken to many many Colombians in the past, before I married one over 10 years ago, so i have a little experience there, but I have never been to Brazil.

Has anyone noticed most of the Colombian woman profiles;

Likes: Music, Dancing, Shopping, Going to the gym.  A few mention sports.

I know to each his own, it's just my recent observation.

I also got rejected by 1 girl in Cali and 1 recently in Medellin, I believe because of all the sports I listed. They wrote me back and stated that they didn't think we really had much in common after reading my reply letter. So I started toning my letters down and got more responses, but then I thought to myself, why should I sacrifice what I like to do just for the sake of pleasing someone else. I am a very flexible person, I have no problems going shopping with women, I like nice clothes too! I like buying new gadgets for the kitchen and house, I love to cook! I also learned Salsa, Merengue and Bachata, so I could hit the dance floor at any given moment. I do know what women like and I have accepted those roles and I know it makes them very happy.

It might take me longer to find what I want, but damned if I will accept second best.

I guess if a woman enjoys the outdoors, you could train her to at least try skiing. I used to love skiing until I tried snow boarding. But I am just as comfortable at the beach. I learned to surf in Hawaii. :)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »

Offline bcc_1_2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »

I guess if a woman enjoys the outdoors, you could train her to at least try skiing. I used to love skiing until I tried snow boarding. But I am just as comfortable at the beach. I learned to surf in Hawaii. :)

I'd give up on the internet and go comb the beaches and find a surfer chick who will be up for the adventures you are into.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 04:26:32 PM »
My wife was a member of an outdoors club in Medellin. They used to do various outdoor activities on the weekends like hiking, bicycling etc. The traditional Colombian culture did not encourage strenuous physical exercise for women. In fact my mother-in-law still disapproves of my stepdaughter's many sports activities.

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 05:11:59 PM »
My wife was a member of an outdoors club in Medellin. They used to do various outdoor activities on the weekends like hiking, bicycling etc. The traditional Colombian culture did not encourage strenuous physical exercise for women. In fact my mother-in-law still disapproves of my stepdaughter's many sports activities.

Very interesting, My ex Colombian wife wouldn't be caught dead doing any strenuous exercise outdoors. In fact the only thing outdoor activity we ever did was to join a 4 wheeler group in AZ after I bought a Jeep, and then I let her drive.

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 05:23:27 PM »
I'd give up on the internet and go comb the beaches and find a surfer chick who will be up for the adventures you are into.

But I am not a beach bum either, my point was that I am very flexible, I can and like to do many things, whether I am next to a beach, or having dinner in a restaurant playing Salsa music.  My point is that I prefer a woman who is flexible also. Someone who isn't afraid to try a few new things. The Brazilian women seem a little more responsive in that respect, or I just got lucky.

I am a little hesitant pursuing the Brazilian route though.  I had correspondence with one girl a few years back and I had contacted a local translator to help me communicate with her and the lady told me that she had also been hired by the Police to help communicate with all the Brazilian women in AZ who had married, divorced and were stuck in AZ. So it was kind of an outreach program for foreign ex wifes. So I got a little shell shocked by that. It's just that I had received a few letters recently and then replied back to these girls; they seem very cool so far. Very alive!

I was hoping someone else here had some experience with Brazil, that was all. :)

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 12:34:44 AM »
you could train her to at least try skiing.
Train her?  Are you marrying a woman or adopting a dog?  Are you going to hit her on the nose with a rolled up newspaper if she doesn't want to even go near the bunny slopes?   ??? :P
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:55:31 AM »
Train her?  Are you marrying a woman or adopting a dog?  Are you going to hit her on the nose with a rolled up newspaper if she doesn't want to even go near the bunny slopes?   ??? :P

Hmm, not sure how you equate the word train with a dog. Surely, you do not compare women with dogs. We know where your mind is, don't we? Shame on you! Better that you smack yourself for being bad! Bad dog!

Here is the definition of train;

v. tr.
To coach in or accustom to a mode of behavior or performance.

To make proficient with specialized instruction and practice. See Synonyms at teach.

To prepare physically, as with a regimen: train athletes for track-and-field competition.

Here is the definition of teach:

–verb (used without object)
to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction.

Offline kojak

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 05:34:47 AM »
Brazil is such a large country compared to Colombia, women wise Brazil runs the gamut so many different types.  I wouldn't even know where to begin, one thing I do know is that when it come to sex its a very liberal society even if they are the largest Catholic nation. A lot of things that are frown upon here in the states are very common in brazil, its hard to understand unless you've been there.

That's something that u are going to have to take into account, especially in a long distance relationship....I've been to rio and sao paulo several times and I've seen it with my own eyes, [a garota all over her gringo, inseparable like as if her long lost love just came into town but as soon as he leave no later than the next day loving the next guy like if he was the only man in the world for her] very common especially in rio, People would always tell me its the brazilian way or at least carioca way.

My advise to U is if you have the resources and time travel go experience it yourself, go to belo, rio, sao paulo many other cities you'll comeback with a different outlook, beautiful women of every shape, size, ethnicity and religion u name it.
Problem that I've always had with garotas is that I just don't see them been happy here in the states on less u live in south Florida or LA maybe NYC, even then its a stretch. U never know though U might be lucky, find U one that would be happy in the U.S. by your side, hell probably even follow U to Antarctica if U ask her. ;D  females U can't never tell.  Good luck with UR journey, hope U find that special one whether she's Colombian or Brazilian!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat." --Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »
I have never dated a Brazilian woman, but culturally they are supposed to be much more promiscuous then Colombianas,but then again, it never took me more the a dinner and lunch the next day to hit the sheets with every Colombiana I ever knew, so I guess that blows that stereotype out the water. There was a guy who used to post on here about a year ago that married a woman from Brazil and then she backed out on him, changed completely about 2-3 months after the wedding. Have not heard from him in a while, so do not know what happend.The travel distance would be the big factor if I were still single . Good to get some feedback on this subject though.

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Pivery

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 09:46:57 AM »
 Good luck with finding a woman who is into sports much Anm8tr...

They are out there, but very few and far between. I brought a skateboard, frisbee, tennis rackets/tennis balls, soccer ball, baseball bat and ball and I had to practically
explain to my fiancée what each one was for except the soccer ball. So although I wasn't looking for a woman who wanted to spend every waking moment outside with
me playing sports, it was something that I thought might interest her somewhat. Oh well, so much for that idea... ???

Sports for women is almost unheard of at least as far as my lady knew about. She was not taught nor encouraged to play any type of sports in school and so when I
asked her if she would like to at least put on some sneakers and go outside and at least kick a soccer ball together, I was given a look that I should be committed to a
nuthouse. She would rather take care of the house and leave the sports to the boys. Maybe the women are a bit more athletic on the Brazilian side, but as far as the
Colombian side of the map not so much.

As far as the beach is concerned, I grew up in Hawaii so I am used to being on the beach. But my fiancée is from Barranquilla and had never even touched the water.
That really had me scratching my head but again if it isn't something that you are used to doing, by the time you reach adulthood it really sounds like something bizarre to do.

Pivery
"Take care of your lady or somebody else will."

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
Good luck with finding a woman who is into sports much Anm8tr...

They are out there, but very few and far between. I brought a skateboard, frisbee, tennis rackets/tennis balls, soccer ball, baseball bat and ball and I had to practically
explain to my fiancée what each one was for except the soccer ball. So although I wasn't looking for a woman who wanted to spend every waking moment outside with
me playing sports, it was something that I thought might interest her somewhat. Oh well, so much for that idea... ???

Sports for women is almost unheard of at least as far as my lady knew about. She was not taught nor encouraged to play any type of sports in school

Wow, thanks for the info. Probably explains why I am getting more hits from the Brazilian side, although I did just get a letter today from a 34 yr old in Medellin who told me some of her likes; "I love to go to the movies, and go out for a dinner, I love sports, camping, music, dacing.. I enjoy all things in life!"   This is a good start. She is very attractive in her photos, although she told me she was doing some modeling and I was trying to steer clear of those types. But this girl seems to be on the ball, maybe not the basketball, but on the right track, well maybe not the running track, but looks like a good start! That's better!

Yes, my ex would not be caught dead anywhere without her extremely short skirts and high heels, etc., etc. Little did I realize the dragon that lurked beneath. Ouch!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »

Offline Pivery

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 08:32:24 PM »

Anm8tr,

I think you will ultimately find the ideal type of woman you are looking for. Sort of a hybrid inside/outside type woman. As I said before, women who want
to spend quality time outside at the beach, a picnic, softball, bicycling, etc. are out there they just need to be encouraged a bit. Every man has an idea of
what type of woman will fit his likes and dislikes. The short skirt/high heel types of ladies weren't my first choice, but they definitely are great to look at.
I was more into a woman who looked super-duper in a dress, but didn't spend 23 hours per day staring at herself in the mirror packing on makeup and doing her hair.
I'm pretty sure that I spend more time in the bathroom then my lady does. The short skirters just receive too much unwanted attention for my taste...

I think that in general (I have no concrete knowledge) the Brazilian women are more accustomed to being outside of the home than say the Colombians.
I was bummed at first that she didn't take an immediate liking to spending more time outside, but the house is kept spotless and breakfast, lunch and dinner
made from scratch every day isn't the worst trade off. I wasn't looking for a training partner, but neither was I interested in a Colombian vampire afraid to step
outside during the daytime.

I think with time, most women (that are seriously into you) will want to be into the things that interest you and will ultimately give them a try.
When I first met my fiancée, she would not even so much as leave the house unless there was an earthquake happening. But now we take walks, have the occasional picnic
and have gotten her to at least watch me play a little soccer with her nephew when we go and visit her sister.

I can't picture a Brazilian out in AZ, but that's not etched in stone. I don't think there were too many guys here considering the Brazilian way and actuallly succeeded, but I
could be wrong. You may be one of the few that make out if you go that route. Also don't cross off the other countries in S. America & Central America. You may have better luck
there... 8)

Pivery
"Take care of your lady or somebody else will."

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 06:30:46 PM »
v. tr.
To coach in or accustom to a mode of behavior or performance.

To make proficient with specialized instruction and practice. See Synonyms at teach.

To prepare physically, as with a regimen: train athletes for track-and-field competition.

Here is the definition of teach:

–verb (used without object)
to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction.
So, do you plan to be her coach and teacher? Or do you plan to be a husband?
Look at the long term relationships around here.  Most you will find are marriages of equals.  The men found their counterpart in another country in terms of social, mental, educational, or maturity levels (and in some cases, it was the guy who married up!).  When you go in to find someone who you will have to instruct or train, you set up an imbalance in the relationship that will ultimately destroy it.  These women are not sponges ready to absorb all your hopes and wishes, interests and tastes.  That dynamic may work in the movies (My Fair Lady, Pretty Woman), but in real life it's a recipe for disaster.  It's treating them like a child, and children ultimately rebel against and leave their parents.

Right now, I think Pivery is giving you some of the best advice.  I hope you take it seriously.  You will definitely need to cast a wider net to find a good match who is into some of your interests.  Find your equal, the woman you'd look at and think, if I were born a woman in her country, I'd be her.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 10:32:25 PM »
So, do you plan to be her coach and teacher? Or do you plan to be a husband?
Look at the long term relationships around here.  Most you will find are marriages of equals.  The men found their counterpart in another country in terms of social, mental, educational, or maturity levels (and in some cases, it was the guy who married up!).  When you go in to find someone who you will have to instruct or train, you set up an imbalance in the relationship that will ultimately destroy it.  These women are not sponges ready to absorb all your hopes and wishes, interests and tastes.  That dynamic may work in the movies (My Fair Lady, Pretty Woman), but in real life it's a recipe for disaster.  It's treating them like a child, and children ultimately rebel against and leave their parents.

Right now, I think Pivery is giving you some of the best advice.  I hope you take it seriously.  You will definitely need to cast a wider net to find a good match who is into some of your interests.  Find your equal, the woman you'd look at and think, if I were born a woman in her country, I'd be her.

Hi, thanks for all the feedback, sorry I had too much Tequila that night and was trying to have fun, but seriously, I am not a home body type, but I am not a sports nut, I don't even like sitting inside on Sunday watching football, it's just not my thing. I do watch an occasional game of football or basketball, but that is about it. I have always been very athletic all my life, a long distance runner in school, and now I teach Martial Arts, I have a small school of students and I just enjoy exercising when able. But you guys also missed the fact that I learned Salsa dancing as well as just about every Latin dance the exists except for the Samba, which is not too difficult to do either. I am 50 yrs of age and look younger than 40 and have the energy of a 20 yr old. I am in the best shape I have ever been in my life, I eat good, I am educated and financially secure. So why shouldn't I expect the best I can. Trust me, I have already been through this once with an American girl and once with a Colombian, and I am telling you guys, do not sacrifice what you like in life just for the sake of being with someone. If you cannot share what you both like then it's not a good thing.  I made that mistake twice already. My point is I would like it better if my wife joined me skiing or at least tried, it's not a mandatory requirement to be with me, it's a point of sharing activities together and enjoying life and good health. Spontaneity is the key to a fun and long lasting life together, don't get stuck in the same old routine, or 10 years down the road you may be very bored of life together.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 03:10:32 PM »
do not sacrifice what you like in life just for the sake of being with someone. If you cannot share what you both like then it's not a good thing.
You make a lot more sense when you're sober.  ;D

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »

anm8tr,
       If you want an athletic woman you just need to look for one.My wife is into exercise and likes to play sports like basketball and tennis she just never had the time when he was in Colombia.She always made time to exercise though.The first time we worked out together I thought I was going to have to take it easy so she could keep up but I had trouble keeping up with her!

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 07:13:19 PM »
You make a lot more sense when you're sober.  ;D

I never said I was drunk, I just said I had some Tequila. LOL! But technically I was right. :)

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 06:46:11 AM »
Brazil is back on my radar screen since I have spent the last two months in the DR and have ran into a couple of guys that are telling me that I am focusing on Medellin and the cafe triangle prematurely.  I am going back to Medellin for two months, but I am very interested in the comparison and this dialogue.

Besides all the turn-ons with Colombia and Colombianas - and there are many - there is no getting around the gringo target factor.  It takes time and cunning to earn and identify honesty.  A naive guy can be played like a fiddle.  Plus the place is not 3 star safe.  You have to watch you back all the time and avoid predictability.  That can get old. Then, there is the fact that if you take 100 girls who you are attracted to and then filter by:
- intelligence
- education
- good family
- sincerity
- special chemistry
That number gets down below 10 fast.   It is not easy and takes much time to find a keeper (if that is what your into).

How does Brazil, especially Southern Brazil compare?  A great question.  Particularly, what are the differences to Colombia in the following points
- Gringo stereotypes - positive and negative
- cost of living (in Colombia you can live for as little as 1100.  For 3000, you can live at a high level)
- women - especially for serious consideration - age gaps and league gaps almost do not apply in Colombia providing a man keeps in shape and is fashionable

Personally, I think finding a woman and doing a total transplant - marriage with US living only is unwise and most risky.  It does not matter if the woman originates from Colombia, or elsewhere.  So, where ever I find a special woman, I am also finding a second home.  That is an important consideration for me as well.  I could be happy living with Medellin - but there maybe some other options I have not fully explored.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:09:32 AM by Zon »

Offline Woody

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 12:29:11 AM »
Personally, I think finding a woman and doing a total transplant - marriage with US living only is unwise and most risky.  It does not matter if the woman originates from Colombia, or elsewhere.  So, where ever I find a special woman, I am also finding a second home.  That is an important consideration for me as well.  I could be happy living with Medellin - but there maybe some other options I have not fully explored.

Looks like we have similar opinions on this subject. I'm not ragging on the guys that transplant, I just choose not to take the risk of Americanizing her.

This is also why I would REALLY like to talk to some women in Honduras but wont. I can't see Honduras as a stable proposition for permanent residency. Costa Rica I can see, Brazil is a possibility (But the Cost of Living is significant), and a few others. Then again, this is why I plan on visiting all these countries so I can see what I would be getting into first hand.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 12:43:29 AM »
I may have married a honduran... but I could end up owning property in Costa Rica instead depending on if Honduras keeps up the development of the coast and tourist areas.

In 20 or 30 years I'm not sure if I'll like Costa Rica or not anymore. It might just get too commercial. It almost already is in someways. The crap (food, crafts, gifts, etc) priced in dollars is just that... crap and a total rip off. The taxi tells you your hotel is closed... burned down... etc because he gets a commission to take you to a different hotel... you get the idea. Eventually if Costa Rica turns into one big gringo scam that would suck. But I do like Costa Rica currently. Just eat where the locals say is good... shop where they shop... party where they party (note stay out of really rough/ poor areas), etc.

I would not write off Honduras long term. The development of the coast, tourist police that speak english, etc has been underway and I approve of all that. We of course want to see incomes rise and the goverment become much more stable.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »
"How does Brazil, especially Southern Brazil compare?"

I was really checking out Brazil a while back. Southern Brazil was said to have some unbelievable cities where there are pockets of population with almost fully German or Italian ancestry. They are known for having very pale skin, model type features.

I was more interested in morenas so the other areas were more interesting to me.

From all that I found through my research, there were very few sources that reported success with bringing a Brazilian girl to the States. Seems you need to stay on their home turf. I guess it is because it appears to be almost a modern day paradise there with a booming economy, incredible beaches, no real military enemies, great food, music, vibe, and of course the women. Almost all the pics I have seen all over the country show that for the most part the people there have a great sense of style and are usually in great physical condition.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
"How does Brazil, especially Southern Brazil compare?"

I was really checking out Brazil a while back. Southern Brazil was said to have some unbelievable cities where there are pockets of population with almost fully German or Italian ancestry. They are known for having very pale skin, model type features.

I was more interested in morenas so the other areas were more interesting to me.

From all that I found through my research, there were very few sources that reported success with bringing a Brazilian girl to the States. Seems you need to stay on their home turf. I guess it is because it appears to be almost a modern day paradise there with a booming economy, incredible beaches, no real military enemies, great food, music, vibe, and of course the women. Almost all the pics I have seen all over the country show that for the most part the people there have a great sense of style and are usually in great physical condition.

From my perspective, the future belongs to Brazil. The US is a washed up has-been.

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 04:19:14 PM »
ALA - "very few sources that reported success with bringing a Brazilian girl to the States. Seems you need to stay on their home turf. I guess it is because it appears to be almost a modern day paradise there with a booming economy, incredible beaches, no real military enemies, great food, music, vibe, and of course the women. Almost all the pics I have seen all over the country show that for the most part the people there have a great sense of style and are usually in great physical condition. "

Like I commented up-thread, it is very difficult to gain all the advantages with a multi cultural relationship and then 100% transplant the women to the US.   I see it time and time again, things become USA "normal"  - which is not in most men's interests.    That is why it is important, in my opinion to embrace the culture, family and friends equally - and that means at least 25% time in her country, maybe more.  In these case, the risks are much much more manageable, and life more happy, frankly.

So, I am researching the Southern cities of Brazil along with Argentina.   I am a fan of Colombia, but I hear that there might be more sincerity in Brazil.  I also am with the understanding that the classes are not so divided and raw (if you are ppor in Colombia, it is tends to leave a life time scar).

So, is there anybody that can make an intelligent utterance on the comparison, or is this thread about dead?

(PS - every once in a while I get info, or meet someone that is perfectly refined and attractive in Peru ( I prefer blancas and flacitas - not so into indiosa).   I know there are 1 or 2 contributors here that are big Peru fans.   It just seems that there is too little cream in the crop?  Still, very likely worth a visit)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300