It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Trip preparations  (Read 21797 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trip preparations
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »
There is one girl who's cool but she's wide-eyed. I feel rather shallow writing this but if there's two things I look for - as far as physical attraction goes - it's straight, clear eyes and long hair. And I might look past not having long hair. She's cute and more importantly very interesting but a wandering eye would bug the hell out of me, for the rest of my life. Bugger.

The main imbalances of eye gaze are almost always directly attributed to one of six of the seven extrinsic muscles that coordinate eye movement and placement of the eyeball. Even by USA and Philippine standards, it's an easy and inexpensive operation and the results are great. They pull the cheek forward, go in with what look like fancy coat hangers and stretch or shorten a muscle, secure the muscles and the results are typically excellent. If not, they can do it again and make it perfect--but they almost always 'get it right' the first time--it's not rocket science. I mean you can go from strabismus or ocular extropia or entropia (cross eyes. eyes out of allignment in general, eyes going in or outward) and fix it easily. Typically, it's a day surgery deal and I've seen 100's of such cases--simple, relatively easy fixes.

I knew a sweet gorgous young Filipina with one 'wall eye' who I fancied years ago and if it had worked out differently, totally aside from her vision, I would have pursued her and the operation would've been small potatoes (sack of rice?) to worry about--nothing really and afterwards, she would've been maximum eye candy. Turned out, there was more than just me interested in her (and she in them) as I came to find out, so I wasn't about to 'pool' my resources that way!

Some guys will reject a gal just because she has a mole on her face! That's an easy fix too and you can pay for her to find out JUST how easy it is, so you're sure. Plus, she'll be eternally thankful.

Medical care in the Philippines, even though it's cheap compared to most nations, is still too expensive for most. I bet 9 out of 10 guys who marry a Filipina--even if she has a relatively good job---as say a teacher, end up dropping money on things like eye and dental care on their fiance', sometimes more things than that. Even a simple operation is prohibitively expensive for most Filipinos and they probably have someone or something going on in their family that they feel deserves any extra money they might have.

If that's the only issue you have, why not invest a little and send her to an opthalmalogist and see what your options are? Your problem may be bigger than hers!

Cheep, cheep, cheep!  :D
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline braziliangirl

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »
 :o

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »

>>>>I would like to book hotels up front (at the very least the night after I arrive and the night before I leave) so I'm taking any and all suggestions. Must have clean room, private toilet and shower. Airco is optional, warm water would be nice but also optional. Wifi would be a nice bonus to keep you (and the family) up-to-date. I'd like to get my reservations done this weekend, just two weeks before I leave.<<<<

Island hopping sounds like a great idea, as does maintaining informal friendships in different places and seeing if there are 'sparks' if and when you meet these women. I'd just try to avoid making promises you can't keep. Cebu City, Bohol and Dumaguete (especially when school's in, if that's within your age range) would make a great trifecta.

If I were a bachelor with a month or so, looking for GREAT time, I'd add Davao City to those three and maybe never come back! Just the vacation angle--the great beaches, nice people and other than airfare, how inexpensive 'living large' there really is, makes it seem like 'fantasy islands'.

There might be 1000's of women on these 'dating' web sites, but if you're focusing on a few places, even just on Cebu City which is pretty big, you might be surprised at how many women will know your plans and possibly share them amongst each other.

A lot of, and perhaps the best of, Filipinas will (if they decide you're worth it) make it hard for you to leave their clutches. But then again, so will some women who are just plain old desperate--so it's up to you, Mr. Phelps, if you decide to take this mission, to 'sort em out'.

As for your hotel accomodations, I can deal with cold showers, but the thought of a hotel room w/o air con. seems deathly awful and doubly so if you're sleeping with someone--those electric fans can only do so much....
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:46:37 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »

Offline kennumen

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 12:12:42 PM »
Thanks much for the medical education Robert. Always eager to learn and all of that I did not know. It's something to consider if I fall in love with this girl (or just decide to be a stand-up kind of guy) but my heart moves slowly so it's not information I'll act upon anytime soon. And yes, I'm currently in 'cheap' mode for several practical reasons :)

Island hopping sounds like a great idea, as does maintaining informal friendships in different places and seeing if there are 'sparks' if and when you meet these women. I'd just try to avoid making promises you can't keep. Cebu City, Bohol and Dumaguete (especially when school's in, if that's within your age range) would make a great trifecta.

If I were a bachelor with a month or so, looking for GREAT time, I'd add Davao City to those three and maybe never come back! Just the vacation angle--the great beaches, nice people and other than airfare, how inexpensive 'living large' there really is, makes it seem like 'fantasy islands'.
I have just two weeks so I think it best to stick to just two islands. Since I'm not meeting friends and I have free choice - but am quite an inexperienced traveller - I've decided to pick the two closest islands - Cebu Island where I land and Bohol which is a 2 hour ferry ride away, a ferry which even departs from Cebu City.

There might be 1000's of women on these 'dating' web sites, but if you're focusing on a few places, even just on Cebu City which is pretty big, you might be surprised at how many women will know your plans and possibly share them amongst each other.
A lot of, and perhaps the best of, Filipinas will (if they decide you're worth it) make it hard for you to leave their clutches. But then again, so will some women who are just plain old desperate--so it's up to you, Mr. Phelps, if you decide to take this mission, to 'sort em out'.
I focused on the Visayas since I already had my plane ticket to Cebu City Intl Airport, but that's still a big place. In all I only contacted maybe 40 women and told barely any some specifics. Some did get attached very quickly - one's first sentence was "I miss you" - but I think I've handled it reasonably well so far. I'm not interested in being a player so whatever they think they know, they're free to share. To put it bluntly, it's more likely to work in my favor than not.

As for your hotel accomodations, I can deal with cold showers, but the thought of a hotel room w/o air con. seems deathly awful and doubly so if you're sleeping with someone--those electric fans can only do so much....
True, no air con can be somewhat of a nuisance but I think I can handle it and from what I understand it would be an effective way to cut costs. 25C (77F) is doable for sleeping even without a fan (although I'm probably not accounting for the humidity). That same fact would probably make the cold showers rather nice as well... But then there's shaving. Whatever, I'll stand by my previous statement.

Offline mabuhy

• Probie
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
Hello, I am going to Cebu and have been there several time also. You can also go island hopping there
you visit 3 islands there.

Also you can use craigslist there. Sure there the usual suspects but also real girls there. Have
a lot of women there. Just go to craigslist and  find cities Asia, Philippines and there will be
different cities in the Philippines and Cebu City.

Take care and be safe there, also Cebu is the the number one place for Lechon Baboy if you can
have a chance to taste that.

Make friends there and correspond and set up the women for the next trip.

Offline kennumen

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »
Really, craigslist? Would not have occurred to me (then again I didn't realize it had any popularity outside the US). I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

I'll only visit two islands, keep my exploring them to the maximum and keeping the inter-island-transport part to a minimum. The ferry between Cebu City and Tagbilaran is less than two hours so it's pretty ideal in that sense.

To wrap up my previous post, I reached out to this girl (perhaps a bit too late) and she was considering it but in the end made plans with her friends. A lost opportunity, perhaps, but not necessarily the last. As a result I switched back to Bohol for my second island because it's just a 2 hour ferry, not a 10+ hour combination of bus + ferry + bus.

So my hotels are booked, 3 in all. Two nights in Cebu, 6 nights in Tagbilaran, and 6 more nights (in a different hotel) in Cebu - expect (short) reviews on 3 hotels in my trip report. All 3 have aircon and free wifi. Still no concrete plans as to what I'll do there (just how I'll get there) but I figure in Cebu I'll focus on seeing the city (and perhaps girls - maybe hang out at a uni one day? In a non-stalker kinda way. yeh, should maybe re-think that). In Tagbilaran I'll switch between seeing the island and enjoying the seaside. I haven't had the chance to take motorcycling lessons so that's out of the window (0 experience in motorized two-wheeled vehicles) but perhaps seeing a bit of either island using a rented moped might be an option. Perhaps diving in Tagbilaran or whathaveyou. Plans are fine but it should become clear on ground what my (best) options are.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 467