It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Just got back from Manila  (Read 1879 times)

Offline bill

• Probie
Just got back from Manila
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:32:41 PM »
Just got back from Manila. Had a great time with the very lovely Joy. I could only stay for 8 days, thats all the time I could get off work. We stayed at the Manila Diamond, bay side. We started the week by falling into a very deep sleep, the time difference really screws me up. Then spent most of the time tripping around Manila doing all the normal touristy things. We went over to Corrigidor Island and spent some time there. Went by the DENR where Joy works and visited with some her friends, they were all great to talk to. We went over to Joys place in the squatters area, I wanted to see where she lives before they tore the place down to widen the road.

Mostly we ate at the malls, Robinsons is walking distance from the Diamond and has a Fridays. I wouldn't normally eat there at home, but I do like a hamburger with bacon and mushrooms. We did a lot more walking then I would normally do, but I'm used to having my own wheels. Not that I would want to drive in Manila, I would be on the side of the road in the fetal position after about two blocks.

It was great to finally meet Joy after communicating with her for more than a year. Mostly we went wherever she wanted to go, so I gave her the money I planned to spend there, and let her deal with it. She did a great job, we did a lot for not a lot of money. It would have been nice to spend maybe a little more on taxis, but I suppose I could use the exercise.

We are working on a fiance visa now, but I wouldn't mind going back again before she comes here.

Offline evoltnvii

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Just got back from Manila
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:43:27 PM »
Details man Details.... hehehe im going in 2 weeks and want to hear your thoughts
I drank what!!!!!!

Offline stevjulietb

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 04:29:48 AM »
Bill,

Glad you had a good time, best of luck

Steveb

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 04:29:48 AM »

Offline Bear

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:43:26 AM »
Bill,

Great! Did you meet her family?  Whatkind of observations did you make about the culture.

The Bear Family

Offline Swisskid

• Virginia Beach, VA
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 12:46:31 AM »
Man, I am jealous.  The Corrigidor Island tourboats were full except for rooftop non-air-conditioned seats when I wanted to go.  Next trip...  I Shall Return!
"It never gets old to me even though I do"

Brett Favre 10/05/09

Offline bill

• Probie
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 09:21:08 PM »
Bear,

I did not meet any of her family while I was there. None of them live in the Manila area. I did talk with one of her sisters on the phone though. Very nice lady. From what Joy tells me that sister is the only one who speaks any english. As far as the culture goes, there really were no suprises there. I have been to the PI several times before and had a pretty good idea what to expect. Didn't have any problems, everyone I delt with was really friendly and easy to get along with. That being said, Joy did most of the work there.

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 07:59:30 AM »
Hey Bill,

I am happy things went great with you and Joy!

I would love to go to Corrigidor Island and various WW 2 sites! I will probably get there later this year.

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129