It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Best City in Colombia for Meeting Ladies in Public Places?  (Read 20528 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Best City in Colombia for Meeting Ladies in Public Places?
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2018, 07:18:20 PM »

I have left cell phones and things in cabs and internet cafes in Colombia a few times ovdr the years  and people always bring it back to me or leave it where it was.

WOW!--- sounds like paradise! We're knocking Switzerland wayyy down the list and going to Colombia, where if we lose our valuables in an internet cafe of taxi, they'll "always" be returned to us!

And lots of beautiful women to treat with the "utmost kindness and respect" as well?

Definitely not the place for those alleged gringo whore mongers, who tends to target, only to complain about afterwards, those lower estrato 1 type girls!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Wildstubby

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »
First off a shout out to buencamino3 for stating the obvious!
elexpatriado said:
The thing is that shuttle is not like on a bus in the inner city.
People who take it are usually upper strata people who have bought  tickets for 2 domestic flights within Colombia. Or an international flight plus a domestic flight. The shuttle is mostly full.of honest people who would follow you if you left your briefcase behind and give it back to.you.Not gamines de calle who are targeting forgetful people.

Even if you were arriving from Europe or Asia jet lagging and left your brief case behind you it would be extremely unlucky to find someone on  the inter
Terminal shuttle trying to target you for a brief case.

More likely someone took it by mistake and was too embarrased or lazy to contact you. That is more likely occurence with upper strata Colombians

Or maybe I am missing something here.I assumed yiu were talking ablut the inter_ terminal shuttle. Was it on the shuttle after you pass through baggage pickup on the other side of security? A hotel shuttle? I usually take a taxi to tge hotel for 30 mil COP
Elex, I was going to the Aloft which is nearby the airport. It was a scam, a pump-fake, a mis-direction play and because I was so damn tired from the trip I fell hook, line, and sinker! Judging by what the cops told me who watched it on 'instant replay' on their IPhone, it was performed with great orchestration! Now I feel like [snip] enough and the only reason I state it here is because I hope that my words may save some sorry ass-fellow from falling for the same scheme! As stated before, this could have happened in Los Angeles, or NYC, as it did in Bogota! I am well aware that the Colombians, especially the 'puta de caras' line the streets with rose petals and ham sandwiches when you walk them!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2018, 08:07:37 AM »
First off a shout out to buencamino3 for stating the obvious!
elexpatriado said:Elex, I was going to the Aloft which is nearby the airport. It was a scam, a pump-fake, a mis-direction play and because I was so damn tired from the trip I fell hook, line, and sinker! Judging by what the cops told me who watched it on 'instant replay' on their IPhone, it was performed with great orchestration! Now I feel like [snip] enough and the only reason I state it here is because I hope that my words may save some sorry ass-fellow from falling for the same scheme! As stated before, this could have happened in Los Angeles, or NYC, as it did in Bogota! I am well aware that the Colombians, especially the 'puta de caras' line the streets with rose petals and ham sandwiches when you walk them!

Sorry didnt mean to be hard on you.

Must have been bad luck combined with being tired.
But dont be so hard and paranoid on Colombia because of it (I know I am one to talk because I post some negative posts about Colombianas  sometimes-and I have left the worst parts out-and the good parts as well, because those are boring).

But in Colombia, after travelling here since 2004 and living for 6 years, I have only had 2 incidents in relation to criminal activities involving physical  theft or violence. One when I left my locker unlocked in the gym in Bodytech and someone stole my cellphone (they recovered  it 4 days later) and once in Restaurante La  Piura (Peruvian restaurant) in Barrio PiƱares in Pereira, (one of the best restaurants in the best barrio in the city), I witnessed 6 metres away a sicario assassination (9 bullets to the victim).

I have been exposed to a lot more thefts over the years in Calgary (Well mostly in 2006 when all the Addicts moved to the city before the cops  cleaned it up) and my 3 years working on rotation in Kazakhstan (Thats another story- oil company workers stole my wallet and glasses right out of my locker in the Company Compound, then had the gumption to phone my translator asking for a $500 reward to return them. I told him to translate this in Russian "Take my wallet, rotate it and stick it up your a$$").

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2018, 08:07:37 AM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864