It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Newbie here. Planning on going to International Introductions "A Romance Tour"..  (Read 19547 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Yep. Jaime even warned him but he accused of being haters for telling him to slow down...

At least he had the nads to come back and fess up that we were right and had tried to warn him that he wasn't seeing 20/20.

Hard to believe it's been five years since that particular wreck.

100s of other guys came here who also didn't listen, ending up getting burned badly and w/o letting off here, ran away in the night like mongrels--tail between their legs.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:47:53 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
At least he had the nads to come back and fess up that we were right and had tried to warn him that he wasn't seeing 20/20.

100s of other guys came here who also didn't listen, ending up getting burned badly and w/o letting off here, ran away in the night like mongrels--tail between their legs.

There are a couple of guys here that contacted me privately looking for advice after things went south. Again though, Jamie and his staff usually spot these things long before they actually play out. You can’t tell a man $hit about a woman he believes is the one.

Offline Fosgate5

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)

It's good that he recognized it for sure. Too bad the guy wasted his time though as many of us have over the years with some of the women we shacked up with. That's the nature of guys in the US anymore, ore so it seems. The norm is that it's our fault, we don't share enough, we're not thoughtfull of what she wants, toxic masculinity etc. When actually if we act like we are supposed to act with a little swagger as the decision maker, protector, provider that will put put the needs of his woman first Provided, she does the same and recognises each of their roles and respect for one another. Before I met my wife I honestly did not see my own demise until I split with my ex and reentered the Dating scene in the US. Then it became obvious. I went back to my old way of thinking with swagger and quickly realized women in US society over age X were not my bag. That's not to say those game playing women don't exist in other countries, there are just a higher ratio of genuinely good quality wife material out there. One just needs to be aware, have a low tolerance for that behavior and move on to the next one.

Planet-Love.com

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18

It's good that he recognized it for sure. Too bad the guy wasted his time though as many of us have over the years with some of the women we shacked up with. That's the nature of guys in the US anymore, ore so it seems. The norm is that it's our fault, we don't share enough, we're not thoughtfull of what she wants, toxic masculinity etc. When actually if we act like we are supposed to act with a little swagger as the decision maker, protector, provider that will put put the needs of his woman first Provided, she does the same and recognises each of their roles and respect for one another. Before I met my wife I honestly did not see my own demise until I split with my ex and reentered the Dating scene in the US. Then it became obvious. I went back to my old way of thinking with swagger and quickly realized women in US society over age X were not my bag. That's not to say those game playing women don't exist in other countries, there are just a higher ratio of genuinely good quality wife material out there. One just needs to be aware, have a low tolerance for that behavior and move on to the next one.

I rarely have to tell her, and it's not because of an error in judgment on her part that I occasionally have to, but I think my wife actually likes it when I lay down the law and say "no.'

Last time, it was when I was texting  her best friend's husband about an ongoing personal issue he's fighting and is reluctant to discuss. 

My wife knows my phone is pretty much off limits to her, but I explained "If he knows my conversations between him us are being channeled by you back to his wife, he won't  be open and I wouldn't blame him."

She didn't like it--she meant well--she wasn't looking for juicey gossip, not for dirt--that's polar opposite to her norm--she wanted to help both of them.

She isn't one to pout--she accepts my judgement and again, I think she secretly likes it when I tell her how it's gonna be.

I guess the my most common "no" is nixing going to social events that might not be healthy--gossips, gambling and drinking. 

I usually explain and besides, she and I go out on 'dates' day and weekend trips for quite a bit for fun.

She loves 'one on one' more than anything. It's almost 3 and except to crap, I haven't  gotten out of bed, while she made a great breakfastan even better lunch that we enjoyed in bed, then the house and laundry. I haven't even looked at the Sunday paper. We enjoyed listening to great music, etc.

Later we'll probably walk around the lake if I feel like it.

It's not like I keep her locked up, barefoot and pregnant, but as is her 'way' she (amazingly still) always asks 'permission' to go leave the house--which 99.9% of the time my "yes" to her asking is foregone conclusion.

But if my lead, if my judgement was consistently off, that would not be the case. She's loyal, smart and steady, NOT stupid.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
I rarely have to tell her, and it's not because of an error in judgment on her part that I occasionally have to, but I think my wife actually likes it when I lay down the law and say "no.'

Last time, it was when I was texting  her best friend's husband about an ongoing personal issue he's fighting and is reluctant to discuss. 

My wife knows my phone is pretty much off limits to her, but I explained "If he knows my conversations between him us are being channeled by you back to his wife, he won't  be open and I wouldn't blame him."

She didn't like it--she meant well--she wasn't looking for juicey gossip, not for dirt--that's polar opposite to her norm--she wanted to help both of them.

She isn't one to pout--she accepts my judgement and again, I think she secretly likes it when I tell her how it's gonna be.

I guess the my most common "no" is nixing going to social events that might not be healthy--gossips, gambling and drinking. 

I usually explain and besides, she and I go out on 'dates' day and weekend trips for quite a bit for fun.

She loves 'one on one' more than anything. It's almost 3 and except to crap, I haven't  gotten out of bed, while she made a great breakfastan even better lunch that we enjoyed in bed, then the house and laundry. I haven't even looked at the Sunday paper. We enjoyed listening to great music, etc.

Later we'll probably walk around the lake if I feel like it.

It's not like I keep her locked up, barefoot and pregnant, but as is her 'way' she (amazingly still) always asks 'permission' to go leave the house--which 99.9% of the time my "yes" to her asking is foregone conclusion.

But if my lead, if my judgement was consistently off, that would not be the case. She's loyal, smart and steady, NOT stupid.

I thought about my post and how to some guys married to American raised women who are so uneven and dysfunctional, it almost sounds like my wife's an 'invention' out of the two "Stepford Wives" sci fi films--- where the guys had the ultimate ROBOT uber realistic hot homemaker wives..

She's not--she's better than that, but again if I was a total f__k up, she COULD leave me and support herself alone. I occasionally need to remind myself of that fact.

But if I lost my modest source of income, I'm pretty sure we'd BOTH just roll up our sleeves and work harder.

While money has afforded us some comforts, us living in a 1350 square foot cracker box house and up until late 2018--with her driving a 1997 Toyota--just two examples---I realize how little of our happiness hinges on money or materialism.

Sure it'd hurt if she wasn't able to go home every three years like she has, but we'd be OK. We're so glad for new communication methods like facebook messenger, apple facetime, skype  etc.

Giving her my time, one on one w/o fixating on our cell phones, (working on OUR marriage) us respecting and caring for ea other's family, sharing funny and sad stories about us growing up,the sound of laughter and a healthy fear of God, are vastly more significant factors keeping us happily together.

Offline Edmond-Dantes

• Probie
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Hello Everyone,

I am very excited to join this forum and to see what I can learn from all the information and everyone's experiences. I am a 30 year old white male with brown hair and blue eyes. I am 6'1 and like to stay fit and eat healthy. My main goal is to go on Jamie's International Introduction Romance Tour and to hopefully find a very pretty Colombian girl that I can start the K-1 Fiance Visa process with.

What I am looking for is information and advice about the best way to find the right girl on a trip like this and the experience people have had with International Introductions Romance Tour. Please let me know what I can do to prepare for the trip that may increase my chances of finding the right women and what I can expect from the trip. I would really appreciate some advice and insight! Thank you very much!

Hey Paul I am kind of new to this right along with you good sir and I myself am planning on using Jamie's services via latin-wife.com in the next few months. I have been reading about "MOB" services and sites on and off for about 2 years and recently have ramped up my reading after visiting Jamie's site and I gotta say. . .  This $h!7 is intense! My mind is wrapping around all the information I have read just here alone in this forum! It is quite interesting what I have read so far I must say! I came here to pretty much further verify the legitimacy of latin-wife.com and after seeing positive and negative sides from those whom post on here, I do not think I will regret giving this a try.

The biggest thing I have been reading from others in reference to meeting woman not from the US in general (not just South America) is that it is for desperate men or for men who pretty much cannot hack it with a "strong" and "independent" North American woman from the US. During discussion in the past the most common quote I heard was " If you cannot handle me at my worst, you do not deserve me at my best".

All of this use to bother me and I allowed it to stop me from trying something different from the normal insanity that is dating in the US. After remembering many interesting learning experiences while dating locally versus abroad I think it is well worth it to at least give it a good try.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18

Hey Paul I am kind of new to this right along with you good sir and I myself am planning on using Jamie's services via latin-wife.com in the next few months. I have been reading about "MOB" services and sites on and off for about 2 years and recently have ramped up my reading after visiting Jamie's site and I gotta say. . .  This $h!7 is intense! My mind is wrapping around all the information I have read just here alone in this forum! It is quite interesting what I have read so far I must say! I came here to pretty much further verify the legitimacy of latin-wife.com and after seeing positive and negative sides from those whom post on here, I do not think I will regret giving this a try.

The biggest thing I have been reading from others in reference to meeting woman not from the US in general (not just South America) is that it is for desperate men or for men who pretty much cannot hack it with a "strong" and "independent" North American woman from the US. During discussion in the past the most common quote I heard was " If you cannot handle me at my worst, you do not deserve me at my best".

All of this use to bother me and I allowed it to stop me from trying something different from the normal insanity that is dating in the US. After remembering many interesting learning experiences while dating locally versus abroad I think it is well worth it to at least give it a good try.

Hey Paul!--Jamie lays it out in pretty intense detail, without sugar coating. Be yourself but remember 'When in Rome (really anywhere far from home) do as the Romans do"

Of course right at home you have 'adjust on the fly' at time to different situations, but just read up on things that are said to be quite different than the norm there versus here, be able to advance at a good pace while shifting gears. No, once you find a gal you have a great feeling about, don't rush, but chances are you'll only have a week or two the first time, money's a consideration too, so get ready to shift on the fly.

You're paying a premium for the privilege, so do get as many women in front of you as possible, Think of which ones you want to come back and visit. Don't be afraid to come back w/o a clear favorite. I took a number of expensive trips overseas when I was in the midst of raising two sons solo and money was tight--I squeezed and found TIME 2, 3 weeks at a time. I don't regret the "hunts" ---with no take home trophy a bit---great vacations--just wish I met my wife earlier--same places, really all places, are more fun with her.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:12:07 AM by robert angel »

Offline PaulChicago

Sorry guys I have been literally swamped at work as this is my busy season...

Thank you very much for all the comments and information. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Do many of you know the age range of women that Jamie has the most selection of?

What is the typical age many women get married in Colombia culture?

I am hoping to find a girl about 5 years younger than myself which is 25. I am taking the trip with Jamie in November and will update this or start a new thread about it.

Offline benjio

Sorry guys I have been literally swamped at work as this is my busy season...

Thank you very much for all the comments and information. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Do many of you know the age range of women that Jamie has the most selection of?

What is the typical age many women get married in Colombia culture?

I am hoping to find a girl about 5 years younger than myself which is 25. I am taking the trip with Jamie in November and will update this or start a new thread about it.

Jamie’s agency has a selection of women from 18 all the way to near retirement. Many men would assume the older birds don’t have a chance, but I’ve been there and seen a 66 year old gringo dating a 51 year old Colombiana. They were quite the couple actually!!

I wouldn’t place too many restrictions on the women you choose to meet based on frivolous characteristics like age. What’s much more important is chemistry!!! You’re 30. If you meet a 32 year old and all signs point to sincere, loving wife material that number shouldn’t matter much. As a matter of fact, if I were you, knowing what I know now, I’d leave maximum age up to 35 when you’re searching on Jamie’s site. Imagine completely missing out on a gorgeous 28 year old girl’s profile (there are always a few on the site) because you entered 25 as the maximum age. The filters are there for a reason but use them sparingly. I don’t know your preference, but whether or not a woman already has children is a much more important variable. Colombianos generally won’t get seriously involved with single mothers, so how hot the girls you’re able to date are will increase exponentially if you’re willing to date women that already have kids.

Colombians have this thing I’ll never understand, where a woman is considered a spinster if she’s not married by 30. You’ll find women there become a lot more accepting of a man’s flaws once they reach that age. Things they considered important in their youth like a man’s height, weight, facial features, race, etc. get a lot less important as they get older. Things like financial stability, how much you drink/smoke and personal grooming habits carry much more weight then.

Jamie has 18-22 year olds on his site but to be honest most of them aren’t in a marriage headspace yet. A lot of them still like to go out, drink, dance, etc. Many are flaky, unreliable and they don’t take the agency’s process seriously. Out of the handful of younger girls I dated at Jamie’s, I always got the impression that it was more about the adventure of meeting a foreigner and getting a free meal at a nice restaurant. They are also much more likely to cheat because of the distance in my opinion.

I met my first Colombian girlfriend at Jamie’s when I was 28. She was 19. One of the primary reasons we ended up breaking up was she wanted to finish college before moving to the states and marrying me. I explained to her that her Colombian degree wouldn’t mean jack $hit in the U.S. and offered to pay for her to study in the states. It didn’t matter. She wanted her family to see her accomplish that goal. Again, a very young way of thinking that played a part in ending our relationship and she regretted that afterwards. But at the time she felt earning a useless degree to impress her family was more important than her future husband. I’m not trying to say you should count them out entirely. I’ve seen a 30 year old gringo make it work with a 19 year old (he got her pregnant immediately), I would just be very cautious with girls that young.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:13:42 PM by benjio »

Offline Oiga!

• Trips: Resident
That's an interesting story Benijo. You certainly started early. It seems to me though that trying to convince your ex girlfriend that her college education in Barranquilla was useless was a mistake, even jingoistic regardless of how it would have served her in the US. She and those around her obviously respected it, it was what they knew and felt they could count on. You and all you proposed to offer on the other and were a complete unknown. Furthermore trying to complete her degree in the US would be a horrendous challange if she didn't speak English. All that aside yes it is unlikely that a city girl at 19 would be seriously interested in marriage to a gringo. A girl from the campo maybe but how do you ever meet them if you don't live in Colombia and besides it would likely be more difficult for them to make the transition to the US. I always thought and still do that 23 (and up) would be a good target age for marriage to a city girl. 

Offline benjio

That's an interesting story Benijo. You certainly started early. It seems to me though that trying to convince your ex girlfriend that her college education in Barranquilla was useless was a mistake, even jingoistic regardless of how it would have served her in the US. She and those around her obviously respected it, it was what they knew and felt they could count on. You and all you proposed to offer on the other and were a complete unknown. Furthermore trying to complete her degree in the US would be a horrendous challange if she didn't speak English. All that aside yes it is unlikely that a city girl at 19 would be seriously interested in marriage to a gringo. A girl from the campo maybe but how do you ever meet them if you don't live in Colombia and besides it would likely be more difficult for them to make the transition to the US. I always thought and still do that 23 (and up) would be a good target age for marriage to a city girl.

Agree with everything you said. Lesson learned. But again, she regretted that decision and has expressed that to me on several occasions. She ended up dropping out and working for a while then eventually went back and finished, but at the time her family’s “priorities” and what was truly important to her were two very different things. I think both her and I learned a lot from the relationship. I have no regrets.

Offline PaulChicago

Thank you very much for the reply Benjio. I am not looking to start any relationship with any girl under 23. I am thinking of setting the preferences for the girls I would like to meet at 23-27. I was just mainly trying to weed out young girls who are just trying to use my pockets and for a good time and trying to find ones who are in the right mindset for what I am searching for. Thanks again and I appreciate your advice and plan on contacting you on how to go about this trip and narrowing down and making my selection the best way.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Jamie’s agency has a selection of women from 18 all the way to near retirement. Many men would assume the older birds don’t have a chance, but I’ve been there and seen a 66 year old gringo dating a 51 year old Colombiana. They were quite the couple actually!!

I wouldn’t place too many restrictions on the women you choose to meet based on frivolous characteristics like age. What’s much more important is chemistry!!! You’re 30. If you meet a 32 year old and all signs point to sincere, loving wife material that number shouldn’t matter much.

Colombians have this thing I’ll never understand, where a woman is considered a spinster if she’s not married by 30. You’ll find women there become a lot more accepting of a man’s flaws once they reach that age. Things they considered important in their youth like a man’s height, weight, facial features, race, etc. get a lot less important as they get older. Things like financial stability, how much you drink/smoke and personal grooming habits carry much more weight then.

I met my first Colombian girlfriend at Jamie’s when I was 28. She was 19. One of the primary reasons we ended up breaking up was she wanted to finish college before moving to the states and marrying me. I explained to her that her Colombian degree wouldn’t mean jack $hit in the U.S. and offered to pay for her to study in the states. It didn’t matter. She wanted her family to see her accomplish that goal. Again, a very young way of thinking that played a part in ending our relationship and she regretted that afterwards. But at the time she felt earning a useless degree to impress her family was more important than her future husband. I’m not trying to say you should count them out entirely. I’ve seen a 30 year old gringo make it work with a 19 year old (he got her pregnant immediately), I would just be very cautious with girls that young.

My wife was also 19 when I met her--introduced on-line by a Filipina living in Vermont! (network!!)  In her country they start college age 16. Like her siblings, at age 16 their parents decided if they could handle leaving the farm for big city Universities 3 hours east.

I didn't marry her until she was age 23--the pics on the sofa were taken then.

By age 20, she had double (hard and software) 5 year computer engineering degrees and was a Logistics Engineer for Coca Cola, Philippines (a dream job there) and it was where she'd interned--they liked her hard work. And she was the only woman there, in a land where women are marginalized big time.

But she didn't need me--she didn't really 'need' any guy--she'd made the grade there.

But from the 1st time some squeaky clean white Mormon missionary boys came to her barangay, she wanted a white husband, to love and give her blue eyed babies.

Besides, a Chicago surgeon and a USA airline pilot liked her, but the silly girl held out for me--virginity and all.

I told her for the 1st 2.5 years that we knew ea. other, to see other people.

Hell, I was seeing other women! But we stayed in touch just about every day all the while. She worked six days a week, twelve hours a day and what little 'extra time' she had, she'd go to the internet cafe to chat, cam with me. She never asked me for a single peso.

I even visited an island close by to her province (11,000 miles from my home) and did NOT go to see her. Not smart.

I am still amazed she didn't write me off and end up w/ someone else.

While all her engineering credits were accepted in the USA, that didn't matter-- the reality of USA employment bias is very real. Language barriers hurt. Besides, the time passing after we got engaged and dealt w/ USCIS just dragged on forever and in that emerging field, her skill set was dated.

It's hard to keep a normal job in their countries and to work w/ USCIS K1 Fiance or K2 Spousal visas, with all their requirements. My wife left her job on the chance that I was 'the one'--as much as they liked her, there was no way they'd give her three weeks off. Thousands, almost all prioritized males, wait for jobs like hers there.

Funny thing though--although the company where she's been working at now for six years here in the states started her by giving her books of doctors'#s--dr's  who'd previously rejected the company's products--making awful, awkward 'cold calls' to  reopen, trying to close long dead sales--NOT her forte--she kept moving up and while not paid engineer pay today, her job is making sure their eCommerce platform not only works in all 50 states but recently in all of Canada also (inc. French CA) and that's brought her kinda full circle, about 14 years after arriving in the USA.

Over the years here, she improved her written and spoken English ability--to her credit, she is still working on it actually. And that's really helped.

But Benjio's right on target--so many things he said (spinster over age 30, being untouchable if they have a kid, foreign college degree/credits not transferring to employment here etc) are the sad truth in her country as well.

I made guidelines for my search --'parameters' and her age did NOT come close to fitting them. I kept saying to myself:

"Too young, too cute, too nice a family, too educated, she deserves to have kids--she would make the BEST Mother--plus danger ranger----they're programmed to want kids in their culture--sooner or later"

But like Benjio said, don't get too locked into parameters. My resolve slowly melted.

But I wasted 4 years.....

Anyways--we feel our marriage is just getting better as the years pass. I may even graduate from 'Bad Dog MALE School' one fine day (I'm a bad seed AND relatively poor) and be the husband she deserves some then.

Maybe she just pretends every day is "Be Kind to Animals Day" and I get another day....

Even if I feel like an old goat eating fresh green grass sometimes, she is just rock steady--.

She had her head screwed on--her priorities and values set, by age 16--with her parents insisting on education as being vital to their her future.

Friday we leave to spend a couple weeks in Michigan with my (our) family--then we leave for a couple more weeks touring Europe. We're stoked!!

Here's a few pics, she just had Lasik surgery--no more eye glasses-- she saved her own salary for it, while still spoiling me--all pics (except for the 2 w/her on sofa, age 23) are from the last 2 weeks!

Now, while  she's pushing towards age 40, the only person she takes better care of than herself---is ME!

""Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference."" (R. Frost)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:20:48 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

Offline Elexpatriado

My wife was also 19 when I met her--introduced on-line by a Filipina living in Vermont! (network!!)  In her country they start college age 16. Like her siblings, at age 16 their parents decided if they could handle leaving the farm for big city Universities 3 hours east.

I didn't marry her until she was age 23--the pics on the sofa were taken then.

By age 20, she had double (hard and software) 5 year computer engineering degrees and was a Logistics Engineer for Coca Cola, Philippines (a dream job there) and it was where she'd interned--they liked her hard work. And she was the only woman there, in a land where women are marginalized big time.

But she didn't need me--she didn't really 'need' any guy--she'd made the grade there.

But from the 1st time some squeaky clean white Mormon missionary boys came to her barangay, she wanted a white husband, to love and give her blue eyed babies.

Besides, a Chicago surgeon and a USA airline pilot liked her, but the silly girl held out for me--virginity and all.

I told her for the 1st 2.5 years that we knew ea. other, to see other people.

Hell, I was seeing other women! But we stayed in touch just about every day all the while. She worked six days a week, twelve hours a day and what little 'extra time' she had, she'd go to the internet cafe to chat, cam with me. She never asked me for a single peso.

I even visited an island close by to her province (11,000 miles from my home) and did NOT go to see her. Not smart.

I am still amazed she didn't write me off and end up w/ someone else.

While all her engineering credits were accepted in the USA, that didn't matter-- the reality of USA employment bias is very real. Language barriers hurt. Besides, the time passing after we got engaged and dealt w/ USCIS just dragged on forever and in that emerging field, her skill set was dated.

It's hard to keep a normal job in their countries and to work w/ USCIS K1 Fiance or K2 Spousal visas, with all their requirements. My wife left her job on the chance that I was 'the one'--as much as they liked her, there was no way they'd give her three weeks off. Thousands, almost all prioritized males, wait for jobs like hers there.

Funny thing though--although the company where she's been working at now for six years here in the states started her by giving her books of doctors'#s--dr's  who'd previously rejected the company's products--making awful, awkward 'cold calls' to  reopen, trying to close long dead sales--NOT her forte--she kept moving up and while not paid engineer pay today, her job is making sure their eCommerce platform not only works in all 50 states but recently in all of Canada also (inc. French CA) and that's brought her kinda full circle, about 14 years after arriving in the USA.

Over the years here, she improved her written and spoken English ability--to her credit, she is still working on it actually. And that's really helped.

But Benjio's right on target--so many things he said (spinster over age 30, being untouchable if they have a kid, foreign college degree/credits not transferring to employment here etc) are the sad truth in her country as well.

I made guidelines for my search --'parameters' and her age did NOT come close to fitting them. I kept saying to myself:

"Too young, too cute, too nice a family, too educated, she deserves to have kids--she would make the BEST Mother--plus danger ranger----they're programmed to want kids in their culture--sooner or later"

But like Benjio said, don't get too locked into parameters. My resolve slowly melted.

But I wasted 4 years.....

Anyways--we feel our marriage is just getting better as the years pass. I may even graduate from 'Bad Dog MALE School' one fine day (I'm a bad seed AND relatively poor) and be the husband she deserves some then.

Maybe she just pretends every day is "Be Kind to Animals Day" and I get another day....

Even if I feel like an old goat eating fresh green grass sometimes, she is just rock steady--.

She had her head screwed on--her priorities and values set, by age 16--with her parents insisting on education as being vital to their her future.

Friday we leave to spend a couple weeks in Michigan with my (our) family--then we leave for a couple more weeks touring Europe. We're stoked!!

Here's a few pics, she just had Lasik surgery--no more eye glasses-- she saved her own salary for it, while still spoiling me--all pics (except for the 2 w/her on sofa, age 23) are from the last 2 weeks!

Now, while  she's pushing towards age 40, the only person she takes better care of than herself---is ME!

""Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference."" (R. Frost)

Double ( first time I have heard of that expression) computer engineering degree in  at age 20 from the Phillipines.

Affrer her nuclear physics degree at 12 years old.

Sounds like a Monty Python skit

Offline benjio

I’m not sure about The Philippines but in the U.S. double majors aren’t uncommon in IT and a lot of universities now offer 6 year programs for them. I think Robert’s jargon is just a little off. “Hard and software” could mean a combination of Computer Science and Network Infrastructure, CIS and Hardware Engineering, Software Development and Electrical Engineering or any alternate combination of the aforementioned. In today’s job market companies prefer the “jack of all trades, master of none” personnel model to reduce information technology overhead. Everyone hates the master developer that can program AI but doesn’t know how to troubleshoot a printer that’s not working...and believe me those guys exist!!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:10:14 AM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Double ( first time I have heard of that expression) computer engineering degree in  at age 20 from the Phillipines.

Affrer her nuclear physics degree at 12 years old.

Sounds like a Monty Python skit

So she did a five year program in four years, going summers. She wanted to earn to  help pay for her younger sibling's schooling. What's so hard to fathom about that? 1st time you heard about that, Mr. Philippines expert?

She was always at or near the top of her class in Catholic school, before college too.

My son graduates in December from UGA with a 4 year computer degree---his FIRST job offer is for 85K a year. He eats, sleeps and breathes Math. Guess who's been there for him since he was in 3rd grade thru 12th, helping him when his Math homework got really difficult? You probably choose not to believe that too.

I get the feeling that you're a bitter misogynist, against women and that your preset disbeliefs create self fulfilling, sorry ass prophecies that define your life.

They say you make your own luck. I think you've been making your own bad luck for over sixty years now---a male spinster.

Some people---if they didn't have people to dislike, dismiss and look down on, if they weren't miserable--well, they'd be miserable!! Without that toxic 'misery fuel' that drives their disgruntled mindset/lives, they'd be even more lost.

I bet there's a LOT of things you don't believe.....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
I’m not sure about The Philippines but in the U.S. double majors aren’t uncommon in IT and a lot of universities now offer 6 year programs for them. I think Robert’s jargon is just a little off. “Hard and software” could mean a combination of Computer Science and Network Infrastructure, CIS and Hardware Engineering, Software Development and Electrical Engineering or any alternate combination of the aforementioned. In today’s job market companies prefer the “jack of all trades, master of none” personnel model to reduce information technology overhead. Everyone hates the master developer that can program AI but doesn’t know how to troubleshoot a printer that’s not working...and believe me those guys exist!!!!  ;D

An extra 5th year can do a lot, seeing how you've gotten a lot of prerequisite courses out of the way already and the focus is on the 'nuts and bolts' --- on course essentials you're already somewhat acquainted with. And it was well over 15 years ago--closer to 20 actually--a LOT has changed since then.

Most colleges already require that graduates have a major AND a minor degree, so turning a minor into a 2nd major isn't 'starting from scratch'--there's overlap.

My son is adding a Math degree to his computer degree, plus taking a lot of AI coursework, all in 4.5 years. He took the bare minimum full time load some semesters--12 credits, although several classes were killer '6000' level-- graduate classes that applied to his Bachelors degree transcript.

Heck, it wasn't computers, but at Michigan, (that's here in the USA) I could've picked up a 2nd Masters  degree in a field related to my 1st,  by staying another year--9 months actually and wish I had, as the pay and job mobility options would've been better.

You might not believe that right now some USA law schools offer combination law/MBA degrees in the same 3 years a law school program typically takes.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:30:28 AM by robert angel »

Offline benjio

I get the feeling that you're a bitter misogynist, against women and that your preset disbeliefs create self fulfilling, sorry ass prophecies that define your life.

They say you make your own luck. I think you've been making your own bad luck for over sixty years now---a male spinster.

HA HA!!!! You shouldn’t be so hard on Elex, Robert. Luckily your destiny took you to The Philippines. Most of the long term, feet on the ground expats in Colombia I know don’t have a lot of good things to say about the women. That is unless they’ve been married to a Colombiana for a while already. Have you ever read Jamie’s website? It’s not very flattering. In my opinion his pitch is, “Hey...women have their flaws everywhere, but if you’re going to make the mistake of getting married she might as well be gorgeous, love to fu@k and actually treat you like a man!”

It’s a “glass half empty, glass half full” kind of thing. You can run with it, grow some balls, acclimate to the culture and enjoy being with some of the most beautiful women on Earth (like CaliPro); or sulk, whine, complain and slap every guy in the face with a reality check that thought Colombia was the land of faithful, virgin supermodels. I think I’ve found a happy medium between the two.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:43:57 AM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
HA HA!!!! You shouldn’t be so hard on Elex, Robert. Luckily your destiny took you to The Philippines. Most of the long term, feet on the ground expats in Colombia I know don’t have a lot of good things to say about the women. That is unless they’ve been married to a Colombiana for a while already. Have you ever read Jamie’s website? It’s not very flattering. In my opinion his pitch is, “Hey...women have their flaws everywhere, but if you’re going to make the mistake of getting married she might as well be gorgeous, love to fu@k and actually treat you like a man!”

It’s a “glass half empty, glass half full” kind of thing. You can run with it, grow some balls, acclimate to the culture and enjoy being with some of the most beautiful women on Earth (like CaliPro); or sulk, whine, complain and slap every guy in the face with a reality check that thought Colombia was the land of faithful, virgin supermodels. I think I’ve found a happy medium between the two.  ;D ;D ;D

I may not be in on the play by play, but I have to give Uncle Elex, as well as Mudd, props for still being players in the 'game' and at an age where other men hung it up (even saggy balled guys) or remained in marriages that had long lost their thrills. Guess the rocking chairs are still a ways off.

Yeah, I can be quite acerbic here but it's the internet and he's a rottweiler and i'm a german shepard, I'm roman catholic, he's greek orthodox, etc. Never forget:

"On the internet, nobody knows you're really a dog"

The anonymous nature of the internet keenly begets assholian behavior.

If assholian isn't a word, I invented it a while back and am still perfecting the behaviors associated with the term. It's part of me having a happy second childhood and going on 'permanent vacation' yada yada...

We'll never meet and if we did, I gather we'd both be better for it. Real life IS different.

Offline Elexpatriado

So she did a five year program in four years, going summers. She wanted to earn to  help pay for her younger sibling's schooling. What's so hard to fathom about that? 1st time you heard about that, Mr. Philippines expert?

She was always at or near the top of her class in Catholic school, before college too.

My son graduates in December from UGA with a 4 year computer degree---his FIRST job offer is for 85K a year. He eats, sleeps and breathes Math. Guess who's been there for him since he was in 3rd grade thru 12th, helping him when his Math homework got really difficult? You probably choose not to believe that too.

Some people---if they didn't have people to dislike, dismiss and look down on, if they weren't miserable--well, they'd be miserable!! Without that toxic 'misery fuel' that drives their disgruntled mindset/lives, they'd be even more lost.

I bet there's a LOT of things you don't believe.....

Nope just spend a.lot of time working in developing countries and with immigrant engineers and know how useless some of those degrees are..

Guess that makes me a racist as wellas a misogynist, right?

Dont know nothing about your wifes degree aa I know nothing about computer science and systems degrees.

Using the word " misogynist" makes you sound like a feminist Robert..

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
Maybe Robert doesn't want to claim the title of feminist but I will gladly claim it. I have three daughters and I raised them to be independent women who are not dependent on a man. My wife and my ex before her are both strong independent women.

The country and the world are f*cked up because of men and their stupid little macho games. I don't see young women out there committing mass murder or inciting others to violence. We have a culture of toxic masculinity with no respect for anyone or anything. A real man takes care of his children and the community that he lives in. From what I can see there are damn few real men out there. 

Offline Elexpatriado

Maybe Robert doesn't want to claim the title of feminist but I will gladly claim it. I have three daughters and I raised them to be independent women who are not dependent on a man. My wife and my ex before her are both strong independent women.

The country and the world are f*cked up because of men and their stupid little macho games. I don't see young women out there committing mass murder or inciting others to violence. We have a culture of toxic masculinity with no respect for anyone or anything. A real man takes care of his children and the community that he lives in. From what I can see there are damn few real men out there.

Good.. independent women with pride are what we need..

So that when the relationship ends they only leave with what they put in and have enough pride not to abscond with all the mans worldly possesions..even though the courts says they can..

If you are gonna talk the feminist talk, walk the walk..

Offline benjio

Good.. independent women with pride are what we need..

So that when the relationship ends they only leave with what they put in and have enough pride not to abscond with all the mans worldly possesions..even though the courts says they can..

If you are gonna talk the feminist talk, walk the walk..

He’s got a point there.

“There are no feminist on a sinking ship.” - Patrice O’Neal

Planet-Love.com

Offline Oiga!

Robert was there something you wanted to illustrate by posting the homey pictures of yourself and Phillipine wife? What they seem to clarify once again is that there are men like yourself who are drawn to a physical type that is pretty much entirely different from the type that men who seek women from Colombia are looking for.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Robert was there something you wanted to illustrate by posting the homey pictures of yourself and Phillipine wife? What they seem to clarify once again is that there are men like yourself who are drawn to a physical type that is pretty much entirely different from the type that men who seek women from Colombia are looking for.

Well, the OP, AKA "Newbie here" said early on in this thread that he's decided that while he's still checking out Colombia, that he is also giving strong consideration to the Philippines as well.

I thought I'd perhaps elicit his, as well as other's possible interest. Obviously I'm sold on it!!

There's a LOT of different looking types of  women there, physically influenced by 400 some  years of Spanish occupation, some have indigenous people's blood, some Australian blood, Asiatic genetics abound--there are morenas and gals with skin that's snow white --with equine noses too---some quite similar to the gamut you're likely to encounter in S.America.

I'd dare to say there's more of a difference generally in temperament/personality than there is in physical appearances between the Philippines and Colombia's women.

Guys who haven't traveled around the 7100+ islands of the Philippines often have a notion that the women there look kind of "Chinese" but most Filipinos feel that they by and large look different than most Chinese, especially in the eyes.

But fair enough question/statement!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 298