It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Any Suggestions?
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:31:25 AM »
Have a quick questions for he old salts here (those who are well traveled in Central and South American):

First off, I have experience of the Latin culture from the Caribbean, not South American (I presume there is a difference). 

Second, I WAS planning a 3 week vacation to Eastern Europe in July. And now I am considering changing that location to Central and / or South America.  I have made a large investment in learning the Latin culture and Spanish language ... so Central and South America seem to be a more leveragable experience for me now. 

So, for the month of July ... what is the best destination for me?
- ladies
- safety
- culture
- currency exchange to the US dollar (what you can get for the money)

I like ladies with a European influence (more educated, more modern). I am not interested in simple girls no matter how beautiful and pleasing they may be.

Any recommendations on good Personal Web Sites in this region. Any words of warning with the working girls / girls looking for American boyfriends - husbands correlation?  Or does that just go with the territory?

I would appreciate any advice.

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Any Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

Welcome to the site rivardco..

I would copy and paste your post and put it the general section on Latins. This section here is for guys to post their trip reports after they come back from South America. I posted a few times in the wrong section when I first came to this forum so don't worry about it.

There are lots of great guys to help you out in your journey..

singlefather

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »
I also was looking for, and found a modern, educated, more sophisticated wife. I suggest you stick with the bigger cities, like Bogota, Lima, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, or Guadalajara. I'd avoid party cities like Cali, Rio or the Central American resorts. Montevideo Uruguay is also a great place in SA for culture, good food, and great looking women.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:57:32 AM by Jeff S »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:42:58 AM »
I also was looking for, and found a modern, educated, more sophisticated wife. I suggest you stick with the bigger cities, like Bogota, Lima, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, or Guadalajara. I'd avoid party cities like Cali, Rio or the Central American resorts. Montevideo Uruguay is also a great place in SA for culture, good food, and great looking women.

Guadalajara??  Hey Jeff, have you been to Mexico City, or more southern part of Mexico?  It's my impression that a significant portion of women in the Mexico City area are much better looking than Mexican women in the northern parts of Mexico.  Anybody have thoughts about this? 

DayTrader

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
Yes, lots of time in Mexico City, south to Oaxaca, Guerrero, and Puebla. Lots of pretty girls in DF, but like most major metropolis' people come from all over to go there. As you go south in Mexico, the people tend to get shorter and darker, more Indian and less curvy. I think the best looking ones come from the mountainous areas like Zacatecas, Queretero, and Aguascaliente. They're taller and curvier, but many are uneducated and simplistic. The East Coast people like Veracruz and Monterrey seem to have more European and less Indian influence, and usually have better educations.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »
The reverse is true. Northern Mexican women are much better looking than the women from the south. I don't know what the deal is with Guadalajara whose women are especially good-looking.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 02:01:09 AM »

I spent 3 months in Guadalajara in 2001.There are attractive women there. I liked it better than Mexico City. There are some very attractive women in Mexico City but the place was just too big for my taste.I saw plenty of attractive women in the northern parts of Mexico as well.Monterrey has plenty.I lived in a town named Saltillo for a while and there were plenty of prospects there.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 117