It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Wow this place still exists  (Read 19897 times)

Offline buencamino3

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Wow this place still exists
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2018, 04:01:13 PM »
If it wasn't interesting archeologically I can see it wouldn't be worth it. I visited Machu Pichu which of course is nothing but foreign tourists. That part is a drag but the archeology is worth putting up with them. A while back I went with two friends on a 15 kilometer hike leading out of the Valle de Cocóra. Going up we were on a trail where there were no other hikers but coming back down we connected with another trail that was being used by lots of foreign tourists. Of all the people we encountered on that trail I think two were Colombian. I asked our guide about that and he said well most Colombians (the city folk of course) are not into hiking.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:06:31 PM by buencamino3 »
Hermosamente feliz

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »

I understand if you were more upset about your trip being aborted.

But you might want to count your blessings when it comes to sex in Colombia.

Any woman can changer her mind. But in the U.S.... a woman can change her mind even while you are having sex...and one more thrust (after the "no, stop") can get you charged with rape.

In Colombia verbal consent isn't necessary. If she doesn't resist your physical advances you are good to go.
You certainly don't want to waste time verifying details beforehand....what a mood killer that would be. jajaja

I wasnt talking about that sort of thing. Just honesty, integrity and dependebility in general.

Of course you could say the same thing about India , certain countries in the Midddle East, Former Soviet Union etc.  etc.. There is even a marked difference in morals and ethics between my generation and the present generation in Canada. But in developing countries, these differences are more.marked. And Colombia has the additional distinction of the culture being corrupted by the Narco.era.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:05:12 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »
If it wasn't interesting archeologically I can see it wouldn't be worth it. I visited Machu Pichu which of course is nothing but foreign tourists. That part is a drag but the archeology is worth putting up with them. A while back I went with two friends on a 15 kilometer hike leading out of the Valle de Cocóra. Going up we were on a trail where there were no other hikers but coming back down we connected with another trail that was being used by lots of foreign tourists. Of all the people we encountered on that trail I think two were Colombian. I asked our guide about that and he said well most Colombians (the city folk of course) are not into hiking.

They are proud of their country but they don't want to see it if it's any trouble. It's too bad because at the top of the lost city there is a Colombian army base at the foot of a cliff on top of one of the big terraces. Hung on the side of the cliff is a gigantic Colombian flag which actually looked really cool. My son-in-law took a pic of it and I will have to try to find it.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2018, 05:49:47 PM »

They are proud of their country but they don't want to see it if it's any trouble. It's too bad because at the top of the lost city there is a Colombian army base at the foot of a cliff on top of one of the big terraces. Hung on the side of the cliff is a gigantic Colombian flag which actually looked really cool. My son-in-law took a pic of it and I will have to try to find it.

Probably common in a lot of nations. I lived in NYC and Washington DC--actually in nearby Georgetown, -- for years. Loved it too. But it wasn't until decades later that I took my wife there and went to places like the top of the Empire State building, various monuments in and around DC.

On the other hand, having lived in the south a real long time, I  probably know more about the geography and history of the area than 98% of the 'natives'.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2018, 06:36:44 PM »
Wow those people in the South must be real numbskulls  that you would know more about their geography and history than they do. Assume you're including the whole population from university professors to street people in your statement.
Hermosamente feliz

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2018, 07:37:23 PM »
Wow those people in the South must be real numbskulls  that you would know more about their geography and history than they do. Assume you're including the whole population from university professors to street people in your statement.

I always liked history, but not until I became older did I take a greater interest in the history, especially that of where I was living.Yes, far less than 2% of the population are professors of history, really probably far less than 2% are professors period. Then they're often into 'niche' areas.

But it's amazing that so many of the people here have never been even across a state line. And most of the many, many tour bus drivers and walking guides are retirees who moved down from the north. They're pretty well trained and have to pass tests before working.

In particular, I am occasionally asked to present at and bring artifacts to schools to discuss the history of the indigenous people. (indians) Almost no one knows that the Mico (Chief) who welcomed the British, voluntarily traveled twice at great peril to his health (no immunity to European illnesses) to England and was well recieved by Parliment.

It's necessary to explain the Indian's sophistication, how usually women made decisions by vote on whether or not to go to war--it was a matriarchal society, although their were a few rogue tribes. Almost nobody knows how while they moved along marked trade routes from the Georgia/ Florida line area, all the way up into Canada and Michigan's upper pennisula, bringing back copper, but that the tribes were very much divided into specific geographical areas.

I bet that 99% of people here couldn't tell you that Spanish flags flew here first, then French, then British and that for a while after the British settled--(they're given credit for founding the area)--there were more German settlers (seeking religious freedom) than English settlers. Hell, before the Spaniards came, the indigenous people explained that there had been white men with red beards long before--likely Vikings.

Most people don't realize that Christopher Columbus never even set foot in what's now referred to as the 'lower 48'--the continent of USA-America. He got to Puerto Rico...

A lot of the whites revere General Robert E. Lee like a saint, but have no idea he was offered to be leader of the Union army as well as the Confederate army, or that he planned out and laid the foundation for strategic Fort Pulaski, a Fort then thought to be unbreachable, impenetrable. It was --that is until long range capable rifled cannons were introduced a few years later.

Then there's a lot of so called history taught that's to varying extents, false. The winners write the history books however they want.

Offline ignorante

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2018, 06:42:11 AM »
Went to Ft Pulaski this summer.  Interesting place.

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2018, 02:55:12 PM »

Well...I don't know....how dumb could these young men be?

The women are listing their preferred level of compensation right on their profiles. LOL!

But I'm sure they don't charge every guy they meet and the ones that meet them through some other way might be in for a surprise somewhere down the road.....or maybe the guys that these women are naturally attracted to just hump them and dump them. Not all guys are saints either.

Not many young guys these days willing to pay for it...nor are they interested in buying the cow (marriage).

You are missing the whole point. Being a hooker had a stigma. I am talking about the college boyfriend who doesnt know she had/ has a sugar daddy
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »

[

So with these arrangements do you have to.pay in advance? Or could you just show a bunch of assets, have sex and then dump her before paying?
Ja ja

That's the whole game

Offline Calipro

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2018, 04:57:30 PM »
You are missing the whole point. Being a hooker had a stigma. I am talking about the college boyfriend who doesnt know she had/ has a sugar daddy

I don’t know what the typical arrangement is in the US but in Colombia....when the supports the chick she usually lives with the guy

There are just so many more options for guys living in colombia that you would never consider supporting a woman that you didn’t want to live with or who didn’t want to live with you

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2018, 04:58:05 PM »

Stigma and then some...I thought the herpes prevalence rate in the USA was insanely high. Then I read about Colombia and Mexico's rates, along with other STDs there, and it made the USA's look like a convent's.

Scary place to 'dip your wick'....

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2018, 05:22:49 PM »
I don’t know what the typical arrangement is in the US but in Colombia....when the supports the chick she usually lives with the guy

There are just so many more options for guys living in colombia that you would never consider supporting a woman that you didn’t want to live with or who didn’t want to live with you

No gaurantee...espescially if you are travelling alone away from "home base" a lot..

Better find the 1 in 100 with good morals, (even if she aknt a 9.or 10)  or just dont bother with a "serious" relationship.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2018, 07:47:54 PM »
No gaurantee...espescially if you are travelling alone away from "home base" a lot..

Better find the 1 in 100 with good morals, (even if she aknt a 9.or 10)  or just dont bother with a "serious" relationship.

Huh

I wouldn't leave my dog home alone let alone a chick I was supporting.

Not home a lot...what's the point in having a live in girlfriend or a dog for that matter. jajaja

This one doesn't look bad.
says she wants to meet someone she has a connection with and see were things go. She is doesn't have a set level of compensation. Doubt that she would live with anyone she didn't like on some level.
She is young and cute so I think she deserves some compensation for being in a dead end relationship. Unless you are willing to marry her. LMFAO!!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:01:35 PM by Calipro »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2018, 07:47:54 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »

Huh

I wouldn't leave my dog home alone let alone a chick I was supporting.

Not home a lot...what's the point in having a live in girlfriend or a dog for that matter. jajaja

This one doesn't look bad.
says she wants to meet someone she has a connection with and see were things go. She is doesn't have a set level of compensation. Doubt that she would live with anyone she didn't like on some level.
She is young and cute so I think she deserves some compensation for being in a dead end relationship. Unless you are willing to marry her. LMFAO!!!

You can stay home banging the same chic 3 times a day and watching over her like a hawk..

I got better things to do..doesnt sound like fun to.me..

You can get a PI for 100 COP a day anyway.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2018, 10:45:23 PM »

You can stay home banging the same chic 3 times a day and watching over her like a hawk..

I got better things to do..doesnt sound like fun to.me..

You can get a PI for 100 COP a day anyway.

You don't have to stay home
Take her with you.

I feel like I'm talking to someone that has never lived with someone in Colombia.

There is only one reason your girlfriend is ever alone....and that is because you left her alone.

If you don't want a woman with you almost all the time....then don't support one and don't let her move in. Besides the ones you let live with you should be entertaining outside the bedroom as well as in.

In two months time you will spend more time with your live in Colombian girlfriend than you will have spent with your american girlfriend that you lived with for a year. So you better like banging the hell out of her as well as doing almost everything else with her.
 Hell they even come into the bathroom while you are shaving to take a piss. And bang on the bathroom door when you are taking a [snip]. jajaja

The only reason I have any time to myself when I'm with my girlfriend....is because she sleeps like three to  four more hours a day then I do.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:14:30 PM by Calipro »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2018, 05:29:08 AM »

Take her with you.

I feel like I'm talking to someone that has never lived with someone in Colombia.

There is only one reason your girlfriend is ever alone....and that is because you left her alone.

If you don't want a woman with you almost all the time....then don't support one and don't let her move in. Besides the ones you let live with you should be entertaining outside the bedroom as well as in.

In two months time you will spend more time with your live in Colombian girlfriend than you will have spent with your american girlfriend that you lived with for a year. So you better like banging the hell out of her as well as doing almost everything else with her.
 Hell they even come into the bathroom while you are shaving to take a piss. And bang on the bathroom door when you are taking a [snip]. jajaja

The only reason I have any time to myself when I'm with my girlfriend....is because she sleeps like three to  four more hours a day then I do.

Ok for Cancun or santa Marta or Villa Nieba...if she hss holidsys

Not very many  Colombianas like back country skiing, multiptch rock climbing and expedition mountsineering.

And  i like a woman who is studying and working and doing her own thing.

Not some floozie looking for a free lunch.

Not changing my lifestyle for someone elses concept of a relationship.

People need their own space. Otherwise things get way too "clingy". Thats how healthycrelationshios work. Not one extreme or the other.

If you cant trust them to be alone, you shouldnt be with them.Punto cerrado

I agree with you 100%..if your not living with her shluldnt be supporting her.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:52:19 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2018, 07:37:09 AM »

Take her with you.

Jaja. I thought only my wife was like that. The bathroom part is true too...

Offline Calipro

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2018, 10:20:45 AM »

Ok for Cancun or santa Marta or Villa Nieba...if she hss holidsys

Not very many  Colombianas like back country skiing, multiptch rock climbing and expedition mountsineering.

And  i like a woman who is studying and working and doing her own thing.

Not some floozie looking for a free lunch.

Not changing my lifestyle for someone elses concept of a relationship.

People need their own space. Otherwise things get way too "clingy". Thats how healthycrelationshios work. Not one extreme or the other.

If you cant trust them to be alone, you shouldnt be with them.Punto cerrado

I agree with you 100%..if your not living with her shluldnt be supporting her.

Well I guess that explains why you live alone. jajaja

I'll just leave you with the three things that Colombia has taught me.

"Sex is a gift from God"

"God wants you to be Happy"

And "Marriage is for procreation"

Three very simple statements with very profound implications for guys getting involved with Colmbianas.

Take the last statement. It isn't like you can't entice a Colombiana into marrying you without the prospect of forming a family. But does she really value your marriage if you don't form a family. The answer is probably not unless you have some very deep pockets. jajaja

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:00:54 AM by Calipro »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2018, 06:41:16 PM »

Well I guess that explains why you live alone. jajaja

I'll just leave you with the three things that Colombia has taught me.

"Sex is a gift from God"

"God wants you to be Happy"

And "Marriage is for procreation"

Three very simple statements with very profound implications for guys getting involved with Colmbianas.

Take the last statement. It isn't like you can't entice a Colombiana into marrying you without the prospect of forming a family. But does she really value your marriage if you don't form a family. The answer is probably not unless you have some very deep pockets. jajaja

Guess you think eveeyone should be a clone of CaliPro

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2018, 10:33:15 AM »

Cali clearly isnt with any girls that have a j o b.

Which is fine but telling. The idea that watching a woman is a full time job is less than thrilling. One of the reasons i wouldnt personally want to live in latin america is because id just get to jaded.

There are trade offs to having the wife and kids but being with broke barrio girls for years and now probably decades has got to get stale... for most.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2018, 03:23:53 PM »
Cali clearly isnt with any girls that have a j o b.

Which is fine but telling. The idea that watching a woman is a full time job is less than thrilling. One of the reasons i wouldnt personally want to live in latin america is because id just get to jaded.

There are trade offs to having the wife and kids but being with broke barrio girls for years and now probably decades has got to get stale... for most.

It’s hard to shake the loser mentality on this board sometimes when lt comes to women and relationships jajaja

I mean isn’t it the women that watch the guys to keep them from cheating

The point I was trying to make is that if you live with a chick there just isn’t a lot of opportunity to cheat and women that agree to live with you probably do like sleeping with so why worry about them having a boyfriend

But fighting the culture of male victimization on this board is a full time job. Jajaja

I mean really when you are the cat with the cash and you can get just as many hot chicks as she can get dicks.....who logically holds the upper hand in the relationship ..... I mean assuming you aren’t Expat

jajaja

But I can empathize with Expat a bit
Because if I told my girlfriend I was going hiking in the wilderness for a few days and she wasn’t invited
I’d have relationship problems as well

As far as living with a women that works in Colombia
I personally would never do it
Has to be the worst return on investment posible
Let’s see about 200 hours a month spent away from you including travel time for an extra 300 dólares a month   Forget it
If I did care if she worked   I would care if she lived somewhere else jajaja
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:11:51 PM by Calipro »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »
It’s hard to shake the loser mentality on this board sometimes when lt comes to women and relationships jajaja

I mean isn’t it the women that watch the guys to keep them from cheating

The point I was trying to make is that if you live with a chick there just isn’t a lot of opportunity to cheat and women that agree to live with you probably do like sleeping with so why worry about them having a boyfriend

But fighting the culture of male victimization on this board is a full time job. Jajaja

I mean really when you are the cat with the cash and you can get just as many hot chicks as she can get dicks.....who logically holds the upper hand in the relationship ..... I mean assuming you aren’t Expat

jajaja

But I can empathize with Expat a bit
Because if I told my girlfriend I was going hiking in the wilderness for a few days and she wasn’t invited
I’d have relationship problems as well

As far as living with a women that works in Colombia
I personally would never do it
Has to be the worst return on investment posible
Let’s see about 200 hours a month spent away from you including travel time for an extra 300 dólares a month   Forget it
If I did care if she worked   I would care if she lived somewhere else jajaja

Again women with money are foreign to you. There surely is more money in bogota, but not all women are broke. I am completely down with what you do, but by throwing out that wage it is again telling.

Im guessing your point isnt beta males date chicks with resources. I do agree there are a lot of broke chicks in colombia and with those chicks you do hold the upper hand.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2018, 06:04:09 PM »
Again women with money are foreign to you. There surely is more money in bogota, but not all women are broke. I am completely down with what you do, but by throwing out that wage it is again telling.

Im guessing your point isnt beta males date chicks with resources. I do agree there are a lot of broke chicks in colombia and with those chicks you do hold the upper hand.

I never dated a chick over 30 as they don’t interest me and never dated a chick that made over 500 bucks a month working

Maybe if I met one that 1500 a month it would be worth it to me to have them work instead of being at my beck and call 24/7.

But I don’t know

I have dated chicks that came from families that weren’t bad off

The one that is having my child comes from a decent family mother has a couple of rental properties and two 10 ton trucks she rents out to move building supplies

Her father live in Barranquilla and helps out financially as well

I personally don’t see the value in my woman working in Colombia
It just isn’t worth it to me....would much rather have her spending time with our baby or doing something of value for me

Lived to long in the US with you go girl career women and I never want to go back
My first American wife made quite a bit more money than i did at the time
Everything was negotiated. I would never do that again even if a was broke and living on the street jajaja
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 06:21:56 PM by Calipro »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2018, 06:04:09 PM »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2018, 07:07:57 PM »
I never dated a chick over 30 as they don’t interest me and never dated a chick that made over 500 bucks a month working

Maybe if I met one that 1500 a month it would be worth it to me to have them work instead of being at my beck and call 24/7.

But I don’t know

I have dated chicks that came from families that weren’t bad off

The one that is having my child comes from a decent family mother has a couple of rental properties and two 10 ton trucks she rents out to move building supplies

Her father live in Barranquilla and helps out financially as well

I personally don’t see the value in my woman working in Colombia
It just isn’t worth it to me....would much rather have her spending time with our baby or doing something of value for me

Lived to long in the US with you go girl career women and I never want to go back
My first American wife made quite a bit more money than i did at the time
Everything was negotiated. I would never do that again even if a was broke and living on the street jajaja

Yea I get it. Bad relationship in the usa soured you and you enjoy very young women with the financial tides highly in your favor. $300 a month or move in with an older gringo. I get the easy sales pitch. Doesn't work everywhere. I dated some more well heeled ladies, my wife was very middle class but took her education seriously which got her out. English is a big advantage for a hot latina. But broke with less options is clearly a well played angle for you. But that's not every latina, and if that's the value you offer you cant exactly hate on a woman wanting more.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »
Yea I get it. Bad relationship in the usa soured you and you enjoy very young women with the financial tides highly in your favor. $300 a month or move in with an older gringo. I get the easy sales pitch. Doesn't work everywhere. I dated some more well heeled ladies, my wife was very middle class but took her education seriously which got her out. English is a big advantage for a hot latina. But broke with less options is clearly a well played angle for you. But that's not every latina, and if that's the value you offer you cant exactly hate on a woman wanting more.

If I had to estimate I would say only about 5 percent of colombianas are truely open to marrying and or living with an older gringo

And then after you find one in that 5 percent..... you have to find one that really really blows you away

Because letting a colombiana live with you has huge opportunity costs associated with it.
You really never have to let any chick live with you in Colombia to consistently get laid here.

Because you can always just hump and dump till you die here.... if you want
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:41:36 PM by Calipro »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128