It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Experience With LatinAmericanCupid  (Read 17136 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Experience With LatinAmericanCupid
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
These agencies do all the screening for you.. the girls have to fill in a 5 page questionaire..not saying that even then she is not lieing through her teeth..thisisa possibility too..
even if you speak the language well you end up going on some dates where the woman doesnt show up, shes  fatter than her photos, shes got a hidden agenda she doesnt tell you about, plus the fact alll these girls are flooded with emails from other Gringos, foreigneres and Latinos (whos long term goal is CAM sex)  saying they are CEOs with Donald Trumps Money who ook like Brad Pitt with Arnie's body, but rally are 30 pounds overweight, live  on a 1 acre Finca in the most godforsaken part of Tolima, or  in their mom's trailer outside of Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, and are unemployed, work at a Bar in Espinol, Tolima, or at the local Target store..

Offline cdr1974

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »
Agreed--was it CDR who a while back roughly broke down the costs of hotel, meeting the ladies etc. and realized that using an agency really wasn't that much more expensive and offered more efficiencies? I'll bet it looks more expensive initially, but if you tried two weeks solo and counted the cost of hotels, meals, setting up dates at various places, the time it takes to do that and the number of women you met, it'd look different in terms of cost and efficiencies.

Especially if I couldn't speak the language well and only had a couple weeks or so, I'd strongly consider using an agency like Jaimies. For any guy who's slagged him (well one here has anyways--a 100 times at least) there are plenty more who'll vouch for him.

Even CDR, who went that route once but for his own reasons found his situation wasn't optimal then, is going back that way--using Jaimie again. That alone speaks volumes.

Hey Robert..................... Yeah I did a small analysis once and what you wrote is totally correct...... You would also not meet no where as near many woman also going it alone...... I speak very good spanish but still prefer the agency route.......... yeah there be the odd flake in the agencies but at least if you have experiene with these woman you would spot them a mile off if you wise enough......

I met some great woman when I was last at Jamies and that was around 5 years ago, but has I said, it was too soon after splitting from my ex hence why things never worked for me then........

I'd like to think I am wise this time round and ready for this, not going to put myself under any pressure........Last time I was there I stayed at the house in Salgar and not at the agency, He no longer uses this house and all clients stay at his agency now which I think is much better........ Anyone who has been will know what I mean by that...............

I could only speak highly of Jamie and his agency and could not fault him nor his agency.............. he runs a tight ship down there and also professional...... he and his staff where great with me hence why I am going back...... Maybe this time round things will be more successful for me..... but this was my own doing last time and nothing to do with the agency........ LAC is ok I suppose but has many of you have said, the scammers and intresados are not taking over it and especially now that most girls have access to it on their mobiles something they didnt a few years ago......

Offline V_Man

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
Elexpatriado you probably sound bitter and twisted but listening to what my now wife says about the majority of men who contacted her, you are more or less correct. Half of them are probably living in mother's basement after being screwed out of everything in a divorce. They probably have never left their own state. They write or instant message some woman in Colombia 20 years younger than them and in the first day they ask the woman is she wants sex.

However the way I look at it, is that these guys make it easy for the other half of us genuine guys to look good.

As time has gone on I have become aware of more scams and gold digging Colombian woman as well. So yeah, there are plenty of pitfalls on both sides.

For all that, your chances for long term happiness are still better than dating western women.

My totally unscientific assessment is that most guys are successful at this without an agency.
There is no 'right' way for all.
One thing is for sure - the guy has to get on a plane or else he is just hot air.

Getting back to Robert, you seem very level headed to me and I think you will do well with the approach you have decided on.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2014, 10:56:23 PM »
After several weeks on LAC....... I have decided after much deliberation to take the agency route again....As many of you guys have said in other posts...... its simply not the same and you need to get you ass down there and meet these girls in person....... I like to think I have some level of understanding of these girl but nothing will surprise me anymore........ I have seen so much on LAC and the levels these girls go to................

I have decided to visit Jamies again in BAQ, I visited there some years ago, but was not the right time in my life, but I know now how it works and will do things differently and use my time wisely whilst there...... yes it costs more the agency route but believe its a more sensible option and better chance of success then using the dating sites.......

I will be going for 2 weeks end of October so now the planning starts for me.......

Thanks for reporting your results Craig. 

I could only speak highly of Jamie and his agency and could not fault him nor his agency.............. he runs a tight ship down there and also professional...... he and his staff where great with me hence why I am going back...... Maybe this time round things will be more successful for me..... but this was my own doing last time and nothing to do with the agency........ LAC is ok I suppose but has many of you have said, the scammers and intresados are not taking over it and especially now that most girls have access to it on their mobiles something they didnt a few years ago......

It sounds like you will learn from whatever missteps you feel you made last time around 5 years ago...I will be curious to hear how your experience is now 5 years later.  You obviously know the score so I think you are going to have a great time.

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline the_ace33

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2014, 01:44:49 PM »
As some of you guys know I met my girl on Latin American Cupid.  She is from MDE a nice part.  She comes from a family with values and all the good stuff.  I did Jamies twice and I have never had anything bad to say about the service.  However now that I can speak Spanish and am more independent I did well finding what I was looking for in several at first then narrowed it down.  My experiences in MDE have far surpassed BAQ in the climate and quality of ladies.  My girl and I talk like we come from the same world,  We are both educated and have lived a lot of the same life experiences.  I had made another trip to MDE back a few years and it was also positive and I met a girl off of AFA.  She was great but just didn't quite stack up to being the one for me.  MDE, Manizales, Pasto, Cali are the places to go meet ladies,  Do not be afraid to narrow it down to one and make the trip because it did wonders for me.  That was the winning recipe for me.  BAQ is just too darn hott and the girls that I met mostly were not right for me.  Best of Luck at any rate!
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2014, 02:25:31 PM »
As some of you guys know I met my girl on Latin American Cupid.  She is from MDE a nice part.  She comes from a family with values and all the good stuff.  I did Jamies twice and I have never had anything bad to say about the service.  However now that I can speak Spanish and am more independent I did well finding what I was looking for in several at first then narrowed it down.  My experiences in MDE have far surpassed BAQ in the climate and quality of ladies.  My girl and I talk like we come from the same world,  We are both educated and have lived a lot of the same life experiences.  I had made another trip to MDE back a few years and it was also positive and I met a girl off of AFA.  She was great but just didn't quite stack up to being the one for me.  MDE, Manizales, Pasto, Cali are the places to go meet ladies,  Do not be afraid to narrow it down to one and make the trip because it did wonders for me.  That was the winning recipe for me.  BAQ is just too darn hott and the girls that I met mostly were not right for me.  Best of Luck at any rate!
Hey Ace

Good hear you found your lady on LAC, you have done well. I still stick by what I say about LAC..... yes there are some genuine woman on there has you have proved but I think these are a very small minority........
I have always fancied Medellin, the climate is similar to the UK in summer..... the woman look more European then the girls on the coast but the thing that has always put me off is the place is dangerous and yes I have chatted to a few girls from MDE that have all been scammers or bad motives.................. because of this, I have always shyed away from MDE..... I suppose bad encounters put you off and plant a seed..... just my opinion and I have no doubt their are good woman in MDE.........
With regards to your 2 trips to Jamies...... what did not not work for you? did you meat any potential woman?
Correct me if i am wrong....but there are no longer any agencies in MDE or is there?

Offline buencamino

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2014, 10:23:59 AM »
I don't think Medellin is particularly more dangerous than other Colombian cities. It always depends on where you hang out. In Barranquilla you probably should avoid hanging out in Soledad south of the city. I spent Año Nuevo there once (crazy) but was flanked by the compañera's family.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 103