It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Rampage through Costa Rica  (Read 9751 times)

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Rampage through Costa Rica
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 07:30:35 AM »
I don't really care to hang around people that do drugs heavier than weed. I love to drink but I can still keep my compusure and I'll know when I'm at my breaking point. I'm chill, I just like to eat, drink, sight see and talk to femmes I pass by. Life is too short for the BS and I don't keep that stuff around me, plain and simple

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 07:31:34 AM »

A prepago in Bogota once told me that girls never make a conscious decision to jump into that lifestyle. It's usually just the combination of a pretty girl being really desperate for money and an old, rich guy hitting on them at the right time. Very few stop there though. By the time one old guy gets sick of them and moves on, in their minds there's not an easier, more convenient way to make ends meet. So they find another sponsor, and the cycle continues until some dumb gringo comes along and puts a ring on their finger.  ;D

I'll bet a whole lot of them simply feel that these sugar daddies are just 'boy friends' too. It's easier to justify things when you can convince yourself as such.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 09:14:55 AM »

F*ck no! You get what you pay for and I'm simply not that cheap. Yea it's a cheap ticket but the airline is crap, for an extra 200usd, I was in a great plane with a beautiful staff and free drinks for the entire flight

Yeah...I don't blame you man. I use to fly Spirit when I had to but I wouldn't dare these days. Got a pretty cheap flight to Barranquilla from Ft. Lauderdale once but made the mistake of bringing two heavy bags, which were $75 a piece to check. So yeah...there went most of my "savings."  :-[

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 09:14:55 AM »

Offline kai #2

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »

Yeah...I don't blame you man. I use to fly Spirit when I had to but I wouldn't dare these days. Got a pretty cheap flight to Barranquilla from Ft. Lauderdale once but made the mistake of bringing two heavy bags, which were $75 a piece to check. So yeah...there went most of my "savings."  :-[

What I would suggest is get a one of these *bad boys*. I can fit 2 weeks of clothes in a carryon. I've never had to pay for check in bags whenever I traveled no matter how long. if I happen to need something more just buy it in country. Avianca is great and no Americans fly on the carrier maybe becasue it is more expensive but they treat you like a king. Beautiful latinas serving out food, free liquor for the duration of the flight. Its great, f*ck spirit. I'd only consider flying them if it was a short 1~2hr flight tops

Offline benjio

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 12:26:39 PM »

What I would suggest is get a one of these *bad boys*. I can fit 2 weeks of clothes in a carryon. I've never had to pay for check in bags whenever I traveled no matter how long. if I happen to need something more just buy it in country. Avianca is great and no Americans fly on the carrier maybe becasue it is more expensive but they treat you like a king. Beautiful latinas serving out food, free liquor for the duration of the flight. Its great, f*ck spirit. I'd only consider flying them if it was a short 1~2hr flight tops

Don't I know it! Behind TAM, Avianca is my second favorite airline. I'm not sure how either airline manages to do it because the discrimination would be so obvious during the hiring process. But they manage to keep young, attractive flight attendents without many exceptions. I have platinum status with United now so any flight with them or any other Star Alliance member and I don't have to worry about paying for checked bags. Access to the Captain's Club, automatic upgrades to business class anytime there's an available seat and plenty of other perks. It takes most people a decade to build up that many miles but as much as I travel for work it only took me 2 1/2. There's not many places on Earth I can't get to flying on airlines within their network so anytime I can, I do! Even if the ticket cost a little more. 

Offline kai #2

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 02:34:30 PM »

Don't I know it! Behind TAM, Avianca is my second favorite airline. I'm not sure how either airline manages to do it because the discrimination would be so obvious during the hiring process. But they manage to keep young, attractive flight attendents without many exceptions. I have platinum status with United now so any flight with them or any other Star Alliance member and I don't have to worry about paying for checked bags. Access to the Captain's Club, automatic upgrades to business class anytime there's an available seat and plenty of other perks. It takes most people a decade to build up that many miles but as much as I travel for work it only took me 2 1/2. There's not many places on Earth I can't get to flying on airlines within their network so anytime I can, I do! Even if the ticket cost a little more.

I'm thinking because feminism hasn't taken a foothold and gays are still really oppressed since most of Latin American is seemingly still religious. nonetheless I don't give damn. I don't want to see old women and gay guys with bleach blond hair when I fly anyway. I also think that flying in and of itself is still like a privileged not many people can do like here in the Westernized world and it's treated as more a luxury still.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 02:41:47 PM »

I'm thinking because feminism hasn't taken a foothold and gays are still really oppressed since most of Latin American is seemingly still religious. nonetheless I don't give damn. I don't want to see old women and gay guys with bleach blond hair when I fly anyway. I also think that flying in and of itself is still like a privileged not many people can do like here in the Westernized world and it's treated as more a luxury still.
[/b]

Those were the days. Nowadays, flying on USA carriers, they treat you like you're lucky to even get on the plane. Then they act like you're luckier to get a bag of peanuts. I got 75,000 free miles on American by signing up w/ American Express a while back and even though that, along with some other miles I had makes it enough to go to the Philippines business class RT, I certainly wish I was back with Cathay rather than AA.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 12:50:23 AM »
I flew aeromexico/avianca to bogota last time and I hated the layover in mexico city.  I had to go through mexican customs and then catch a bus to another terminal for the second leg of the trip.  Spirit has me going through ft lauderdale, then straight into medellin.  This is my first time flying with them so we'll see how it goes...

Offline kai #2

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 05:57:10 AM »
I flew aeromexico/avianca to bogota last time and I hated the layover in mexico city.  I had to go through mexican customs and then catch a bus to another terminal for the second leg of the trip.  Spirit has me going through ft lauderdale, then straight into medellin.  This is my first time flying with them so we'll see how it goes...

Good luck bro, your going to need it

Offline benjio

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 06:08:15 AM »

Good luck bro, your going to need it

Meh...flights only like three hours and some change. Not like he's going to Australia or something like that. Make sure you get to the airport as early as possible though. They are ridiculously understaffed and if you don't get checked in on time it's not their problem.

Offline benjio

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 12:59:54 PM »

Don't ever say I've never done anything for you Awesome.  ;D

http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-traveler/2014/04/how-to-keep-your-fees-on-spirit-airlines-as-low-as-possible?mbid=nl_daily_traveler&sp_rid=NDY3NjA4OTUyOTgS1&sp_mid=6415053

Offline kai #2

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 02:22:23 PM »

Don't ever say I've never done anything for you Awesome.  ;D

http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-traveler/2014/04/how-to-keep-your-fees-on-spirit-airlines-as-low-as-possible?mbid=nl_daily_traveler&sp_rid=NDY3NjA4OTUyOTgS1&sp_mid=6415053

I paid 265 for my one way ticket, and that's including the extra fees I paid for 1 carry on and 1 checked bag.  I couldn't find any other airline charging under 500 for the same thing.  I do have to take a bus to downtown dallas, then ride their metro train to the airport, so I'll end up spending about 300 bucks total.

Thanks for that article benjio, now I know to print out my own boarding pass to save 10 bucks.  Didn't see anything about that on their website.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline gyounger

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »
I used to be in Spirit's $9 club and scored some cheap flights to Panama & CR from Ft. Lauderdale for like $80 RT but this was back in 08 before all the nickle and diming started.

When I fly to Lima, I usually take LAN. Now Jet Blue flys there so that may be another option.

Closer to central Fl. where I live there is another option flying Copa out of Tampa but there is a short layover in Panama and their flights are more expensive.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 236