It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Newbie here. Planning on going to International Introductions "A Romance Tour"..  (Read 19549 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Maybe Robert doesn't want to claim the title of feminist but I will gladly claim it. I have three daughters and I raised them to be independent women who are not dependent on a man. My wife and my ex before her are both strong independent women.

The country and the world are f*cked up because of men and their stupid little macho games. I don't see young women out there committing mass murder or inciting others to violence. We have a culture of toxic masculinity with no respect for anyone or anything. A real man takes care of his children and the community that he lives in. From what I can see there are damn few real men out there.

I think a lot of guys in the USA are weak and insecure and that a lot of their bravado is posturing.
Guys are so insecure that if they think another person, a company, party , or group is "disrespecting" their thin skinned, sorry ass selves, that they need to be shot or at least need to 'pay' in some awful way.

How we treat or mistreat other people is really a reflection of how we really are as individuals.

Like they've been saying for generations (with increasingly less effectiveness) is that it takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight than to get into one.

I think the same notion holds true in terms of how individuals deal with a multitude of life situations everyday.

I see kids and adults almost everyday who might just pull out a gun or knife and kill another person for "dissing"-- in their minds disrespecting them with as little as what they see as a disparaging look.

My grandparents came here from Italy and Ireland, looking for work. What 'greeted' them were signs in the windows saying:

"HELP WANTED, NO ITALIANS/IRISH NEED APPLY"

Racial and ethnic slurs were everywhere.

There were no food stamps, no subsidized housing, a saying passed on to me was: "We didn't have a pot to piss in OR a window to throw it out of."

But nonetheless they sucked it up, embraced this strange, sometimes cruel nation and I don't recall a lot of those hungry, disenfranchised people perpetuating mass killings.

But, they WERE very welcomed to sign up for the Military during wartime! (and they did)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Well, the OP, AKA "Newbie here" said early on in this thread that he's decided that while he's still checking out Colombia, that he is also giving strong consideration to the Philippines as well.

I thought I'd perhaps elicit his, as well as other's possible interest. Obviously I'm sold on it!!

There's a LOT of different looking types of  women there, physically influenced by 400 some  years of Spanish occupation, some have indigenous people's blood, some Australian blood, Asiatic genetics abound--there are morenas and gals with skin that's snow white --with equine noses too---some quite similar to the gamut you're likely to encounter in S.America.

I'd dare to say there's more of a difference generally in temperament/personality than there is in physical appearances between the Philippines and Colombia's women.

Guys who haven't traveled around the 7100+ islands of the Philippines often have a notion that the women there look kind of "Chinese" but most Filipinos feel that they by and large look different than most Chinese, especially in the eyes.

But fair enough question/statement!

I met a Korean guy in the Colombia that tried to talk me into going to the Philippines. I told him that I wasn’t really all that attracted to Philippine women and he said wasn’t either....but he said that there are literally tens of thousands of single women that go out at night and it is impossible not to find something that you like. And he said it was even cheaper than Colombia.

He told me that the biggest expense would be your airfare....that dating, dinning out and hotel would be less expensive than the airfare for a week trip.

I never went....but I think if you are attracted to Philippine women....it is a no brainer.....just based on the common language.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18

I met a Korean guy in the Colombia that tried to talk me into going to the Philippines. I told him that I wasn’t really all that attracted to Philippine women and he said wasn’t either....but he said that there are literally tens of thousands of single women that go out at night and it is impossible not to find something that you like. And he said it was even cheaper than Colombia.

####Tons of Korean guys are tapping it. Probably as many Japanese guys too--They're more into looking for a "traditional" wife. Both nation's guys usually have money to burn and they'll marry a Filipina just to buy cheap ocean front land. Korean guys have a rep as being cold, even rough. Fly through a Korean airport and you can tell the Filipinos in a minute--they're the only people smiling. For guys in Japan and they are a horny bunch, they have to deal with dynamics in Japan that make metoo and femnism in the USA seem minor. Most diapers are literally sold to adults in Japan, as the birth rate goes sub zero--their population decreases about half a million people a year.

The women don't f--k like rabbits. Japanese guys like the better educated babes, gals who also aren't sexual prudes. Stuff they can't find back home, so Filipinas fit the bill to a T...

So meanwhile in 5he Philippines, they're open 24X7, the oven's on hot and over a 100 million people are out and about every day---perhaps the most sociable population anywhere...####

He told me that the biggest expense would be your airfare....that dating, dinning out and hotel would be less expensive than the airfare for a week trip.

####Airfare cost and time getting there are killer, From east coast USA 30 hours average between here and ####Manila--seen 40 hours. 13 time zones. Jet lag doesn't kill me--I take something to knock me out on the 14 hour flight leg, 'flip flopping' my sleep rythm a bit.

If you want to live NYC style in the Philippines--if you want a 4 or 5 star resort, just >overall< IF you want to live 'western style' most of what you'd save goes away. I have burned some serious money in Cebu City and all over humongously large, dense Manila area. If you can't get laid there and in CC, you must not have a pulse.. Davao City where I live, doesn't have half their action, but a stroll about amost anywhere there can lead to 'temptations' also.####

I never went....but I think if you are attracted to Philippine women....it is a no brainer.....just based on the common language.

####I think it boils down to filipinas being much more submissive in nature and leaving a big shout out fight or physically losing it as an absolute last resort. They smolder (tampo) before burning, where as some of my latina GF's and three Aunties would have nuclear meltdowns. Sure the makeup sex might be as hot, but again w most Filipinas it's open 24X7 and they obey very well. I know what I'm coming home to and I have the authority to change it up w/o dealing with drama. They're happy if we are happy 1st. I've heard a lot of  the working girls will even refuse payment if you're not completely satisfied.####
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:12:17 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Not to be on topic or something unusual for me, maybe I'm just looking for signs of intelligent life here on dormant P.L., but I betchya that 1 of the 2 guys here looking to make that 1st trip come back thinking they've very possibly met "the one."
Ya kin get 'lucky' pretty quick, but finding 'just right' namely a good long termer, tends to take a bit longer.

Offline the_ace33

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Yes take your time,  do not plan on starting the Visa process before you have met the love of your life.  Jamies was fun and was good for me to learn a bit more and experience some of what Colombia has to offer.  After that I kept studying spanish and ultimately met my wife on Colombian Cupid.  The most important thing is that you have to wait until you spark up something organic and naturally.  Don't let yourself get swept away by the idea of what you want and make a big mistake.  Usually we only get one shot at the Fiance Visa thing.  Do not put too high an expectation on this trip.  Have a good time.  Meet some ladies.  Get Rosetta Stone and use it 30 minutes daily.  Levels 1-3 very important.  Practice chatting with ladies online in Spanish.  Find out what kinds of relationships she has with the people in her life.  Do not put a time limit on this journey.  I would not start the Visa process with any lady after just one visit.  Do not talk about you past relationships and if she does move on.  Do not get involved with anyone who has children.  Good luck!
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Not sure if you are still on the fence about going to Colombia but I would just like to put in my 2 cents.
*learn Spanish ASAP
*Learn the phrase "Dar Papaya" and stay away from those situations.
*Take your time
*Don't paint yourself into a corner, keep your options open
*If you find yourself fighting a lot, cut her loose or just keep her on the sidelines for "fun" don't commit to drama queens or your life will suck immensely
*Try to live in a warm city because I don't see how it is possible for a Costena or Calena to survive well in Northern US climates. At the minimum, if you live in a cold place, make sure you have plenty of time and cash to take frequent vacations to tropical places.
*Make sure she can cook. If she is not cooking when you are together in Colombia she may be a gold digger.
*Two phones? See you later. But a good idea for you if you are playing the field and trying to whittle down your options.
*Make multiple trips before committing to anything
*Think 3 times if you are going into this and have young kids or if she does. Complicates things a bit.
*If you are young, reasonably fit/good looking, not a dork, and make good cash, just have fun. Forget about getting married until you are around 40 or so.
*Based on my experience, Cali and the Coast are the best. The Costenas seem to have more down to earth good girls but there are still plenty of flakes and gold diggers as well.
Good Luck to you!

Offline mambocowboy

Not sure if you are still on the fence about going to Colombia but I would just like to put in my 2 cents.
*learn Spanish ASAP
*Learn the phrase "Dar Papaya" and stay away from those situations.
*Take your time
*Don't paint yourself into a corner, keep your options open
*If you find yourself fighting a lot, cut her loose or just keep her on the sidelines for "fun" don't commit to drama queens or your life will suck immensely
*Try to live in a warm city because I don't see how it is possible for a Costena or Calena to survive well in Northern US climates. At the minimum, if you live in a cold place, make sure you have plenty of time and cash to take frequent vacations to tropical places.
*Make sure she can cook. If she is not cooking when you are together in Colombia she may be a gold digger.
*Two phones? See you later. But a good idea for you if you are playing the field and trying to whittle down your options.
*Make multiple trips before committing to anything
*Think 3 times if you are going into this and have young kids or if she does. Complicates things a bit.
*If you are young, reasonably fit/good looking, not a dork, and make good cash, just have fun. Forget about getting married until you are around 40 or so.
*Based on my experience, Cali and the Coast are the best. The Costenas seem to have more down to earth good girls but there are still plenty of flakes and gold diggers as well.
Good Luck to you!
Great advice. 9 plus years married to a costena and agree 100%.

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Trips: > 10
Congrats to you as well! We are lucky guys.

Offline mambocowboy

Congrats to you as well! We are lucky guys.
Thanks. It hasn't been all peaches and cream but definitely the best decision of my life. Her Dad is finishing a two month stay with us , his first visit. No joke he's done about $40000 worth of upgrades on our house. He works construction and has an incredible work ethic. I am lucky to have a great father in law too...

Offline ag1987

I am curious to know how the agencies have survived COVID restrictions, etc. I went to BAQ just beforehand in early 2020 before COVID really took off and am thankful I didn't delay the trip by another month or two as I'd have ran into the restrictions/challenges of being abroad and getting back.

I used Int'l Introductions and met my now wife there. The experience was great - sure, you can use apps or just go down there for a week - 10 days and meet a lot of people, but they do a lot of the leg work ahead of time. It isn't for everyone and Jamie may rub some the wrong way, but I am an example of the process working.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300