It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: 270 yards rushing and 4 tds  (Read 3823 times)

Offline william3rd

Re: 270 yards rushing and 4 tds
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »
He started around 7-8 in year round sports. Start em young and see what sticks. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, track & field. By 11 the sports were being reduced. First baseball went, then soccer, basketball only because the coaches say-do nothing to interfere with your #1 sport whether academically, socially, or athletically. Too much of a chance of injury.

So now it is track, weightroom and football 6 days a week-they took thanksgiving off. I dont have to drop him off before 7  any more because they do it all after school. So the routine is 745AM to 6PM and 2 hours early sunday mornings
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline Bear

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 09:02:53 AM »
My oldest cub (6) has played t-ball 2 years in a row, won the city championship last year.  The coach is expecting big things from him this year.  The middle cub (4) will be starting in just a few weeks.  The middle cub watches the college and pro football games with me so I'm thinking he's getting interested in football.

My oldest from the ex started flag football at 6 but I completely missed it this year for my oldest cub.  Being on a different side of town from where I grew up I didn't know where to take him for registration.  Won't make that mistake next year.

I'm putting a lot of pressure on my wife to get her DL because there is just no way I can handle two cubs in sports at the same time, especially around the beginning of "summer work" in April.  She's driven several weekends in a row now so I'm gonna try and get her to take the test on the 18th.  Sign-up starts the same weekend for Spring t-ball.

The Bear Family

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »
Hey William,

Your son is pretty amazing! Lots of talent and hard work are really paying off! I wish him continued success!

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »

Offline william3rd

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 12:30:43 AM »
It is all his drive and determination. All I gotta do is drive, and cook, and clean, and hassle him about his grades- we cant have any of those nasty ass old B's on that report card if his college will be Division 1.

Appreciate the well wishes from all of you.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864