It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Arab-American woman kicks ass on Al-Jazeera  (Read 4452 times)

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
Arab-American woman kicks ass on Al-Jazeera
« on: March 04, 2006, 06:48:06 PM »
Wafa Sultan.

One of the few Western women with the balls to confront world-dominating ideologues on their own turf.

Make sure to watch the video aftewards!  You will appreciate her boldness so much more.

An Arab-American speaks out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 4, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

As an American of Arabic ancestry, I have been critical of the "Arab-Americans" who so often appear on U.S. television as apologists and rationalizers of terrorism and hatred in the Muslim world.

Today, I want to introduce you to a hero – or, should I say, a courageous Arab-American heroine.

Her name is Wafa Sultan. She came to the U.S. about 15 years ago to escape the oppression of the Muslim world. A psychologist, she has not been content to sit back and simply enjoy the new life she has made for herself in the West. Instead, she has literally put her life on the line to condemn, in no uncertain terms, the ugliness, the vileness, the murder and the violence of the world she fled.

And she has done it not on the relative safety of U.S. television, but in heated, face-to-face, live broadcast debates on Al-Jazeera.

Do you want to be inspired?

Would you like to see the face of courage?

Would you like to see a woman leave Islamic radicals virtually speechless with the power of truth?

Check out this video.

Here are some dazzling excerpts – certainly no substitute for seeing her deliver these words to the Muslim world on television, most recently Feb. 21:

"The clash we are witnessing around the world is not a clash of religions, or a clash of civilizations," she said. "It is a clash between two opposites, between two eras. It is a clash between a mentality that belongs to the Middle Ages and another mentality that belongs to the 21st century. It is a clash between civilization and backwardness, between the civilized and the primitive, between barbarity and rationality. It is a clash between freedom and oppression, between democracy and dictatorship. It is a clash between human rights, on the one hand, and the violation of these rights, on other hand. It is a clash between those who treat women like beasts, and those who treat them like human beings. What we see today is not a clash of civilizations. Civilizations do not clash, but compete."

The host then asks: "I understand from your words that what is happening today is a clash between the culture of the West, and the backwardness and ignorance of the Muslims?"

"Yes, that is what I mean," she responds.

The host baits her again: "Who came up with the concept of a clash of civilizations? Was it not Samuel Huntington? It was not bin Laden. I would like to discuss this issue, if you don't mind. ..."

She replies: "The Muslims are the ones who began using this expression. The Muslims are the ones who began the clash of civilizations. The Prophet of Islam said: 'I was ordered to fight the people until they believe in Allah and His Messenger.' When the Muslims divided the people into Muslims and non-Muslims, and called to fight the others until they believe in what they themselves believe, they started this clash, and began this war. In order to start this war, they must re-examine their Islamic books and curricula, which are full of calls for takfir and fighting the infidels."

She goes on to praise Jews.

"The Jews have come from the tragedy (of the Holocaust), and forced the world to respect them, with their knowledge, not with their terror, with their work, not their crying and yelling," she says. "Humanity owes most of the discoveries and science of the 19th and 20th centuries to Jewish scientists. Fifteen million people, scattered throughout the world, united and won their rights through work and knowledge. We have not seen a single Jew blow himself up in a German restaurant. We have not seen a single Jew destroy a church. We have not seen a single Jew protest by killing people. The Muslims have turned three Buddha statues into rubble. We have not seen a single Buddhist burn down a Mosque, kill a Muslim, or burn down an embassy. Only the Muslims defend their beliefs by burning down churches, killing people, and destroying embassies. This path will not yield any results. The Muslims must ask themselves what they can do for humankind, before they demand that humankind respect them."

I am encouraged by the example of Wafa Sultan.

If only Christians and Jews in the West were as forthright and outspoken. If only more Arab-Americans would tell the world why they came here and what they have found. If only our elected leaders would call a spade a spade like this and make the case for freedom.

God bless you, Wafa Sultan.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49099

In case you missed the video link in the passage above, here it is once again:

Wafa Sultan on Al-Jazeera
Or here:
Wafa Sultan on Al-Jazeera

Notice how the host(s)/commentator(s) are at a loss for words; how one fidgets around confoundedly, wondering how he'll counter this "uppity" woman.  She has clearly kicked their asses on a world stage, and in so doing, likely inspired a lot of Arab women (and liberal Western males :lol: ) to reconsider their appeasing nature.

Here's the transcript of the debate:

2/21/2006 Clip No. 1050

Arab-American Psychologist Wafa Sultan: There Is No Clash of Civilizations but a Clash between the Mentality of the Middle Ages and That of the 21st Century

Following are excerpts from an interview with Arab-American psychologist Wafa Sultan. The interview was aired on Al-Jazeera TV on February 21, 2006

Wafa Sultan: The clash we are witnessing around the world is not a clash of religions, or a clash of civilizations. It is a clash between two opposites, between two eras. It is a clash between a mentality that belongs to the Middle Ages and another mentality that belongs to the 21st century. It is a clash between civilization and backwardness, between the civilized and the primitive, between barbarity and rationality. It is a clash between freedom and oppression, between democracy and dictatorship. It is a clash between human rights, on the one hand, and the violation of these rights, on other hand. It is a clash between those who treat women like beasts, and those who treat them like human beings. What we see today is not a clash of civilizations. Civilizations do not clash, but compete.

[...]

Host: I understand from your words that what is happening today is a clash between the culture of the West, and the backwardness and ignorance of the Muslims?

Wafa Sultan: Yes, that is what I mean.

[...]

Host: Who came up with the concept of a clash of civilizations? Was it not Samuel Huntington? It was not Bin Laden. I would like to discuss this issue, if you don't mind...

Wafa Sultan: The Muslims are the ones who began using this expression. The Muslims are the ones who began the clash of civilizations. The Prophet of Islam said: "I was ordered to fight the people until they believe in Allah and His Messenger." When the Muslims divided the people into Muslims and non-Muslims, and called to fight the others until they believe in what they themselves believe, they started this clash, and began this war. In order to start this war, they must reexamine their Islamic books and curricula, which are full of calls for takfir and fighting the infidels.

My colleague has said that he never offends other people's beliefs. What civilization on the face of this earth allows him to call other people by names that they did not choose for themselves? Once, he calls them Ahl Al-Dhimma, another time he calls them the "People of the Book," and yet another time he compares them to apes and pigs, or he calls the Christians "those who incur Allah's wrath." Who told you that they are "People of the Book"? They are not the People of the Book, they are people of many books. All the useful scientific books that you have today are theirs, the fruit of their free and creative thinking. What gives you the right to call them "those who incur Allah's wrath," or "those who have gone astray," and then come here and say that your religion commands you to refrain from offending the beliefs of others?

I am not a Christian, a Muslim, or a Jew. I am a secular human being. I do not believe in the supernatural, but I respect others' right to believe in it.

Dr. Ibrahim Al-Khouli: Are you a heretic?

Wafa Sultan: You can say whatever you like. I am a secular human being who does not believe in the supernatural...

Dr. Ibrahim Al-Khouli: If you are a heretic, there is no point in rebuking you, since you have blasphemed against Islam, the Prophet, and the Koran...

Wafa Sultan: These are personal matters that do not concern you.

[...]

Wafa Sultan: Brother, you can believe in stones, as long as you don't throw them at me. You are free to worship whoever you want, but other people's beliefs are not your concern, whether they believe that the Messiah is God, son of Mary, or that Satan is God, son of Mary. Let people have their beliefs.

[...]

Wafa Sultan: The Jews have come from the tragedy (of the Holocaust), and forced the world to respect them, with their knowledge, not with their terror, with their work, not their crying and yelling. Humanity owes most of the discoveries and science of the 19th and 20th centuries to Jewish scientists. 15 million people, scattered throughout the world, united and won their rights through work and knowledge. We have not seen a single Jew blow himself up in a German restaurant. We have not seen a single Jew destroy a church. We have not seen a single Jew protest by killing people. The Muslims have turned three Buddha statues into rubble. We have not seen a single Buddhist burn down a Mosque, kill a Muslim, or burn down an embassy. Only the Muslims defend their beliefs by burning down churches, killing people, and destroying embassies. This path will not yield any results. The Muslims must ask themselves what they can do for humankind, before they demand that humankind respect them.

http://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=1050

In another Al-Jazeera debate back in 2005 with Dr. Ahmad Bin Muhammad, an Algerian professor of religious politics, she finished up by asking:

What do you want from me? To speak evil of the American society? I've never said that America is the eternal city of Plato, but I did say it was the eternal city of Wafa Sultan. The idealism of American society was enough to allow me to realize my humanity. I came to this country with fear.

Finally, I found some rather amusing cartoons to go along with this story (from http://thestudyofrevenge.blogspot.com/):  

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 04:41:12 AM »
 Good for Wafa!

Do you think she will be alive at the end of the year? I'll bet some weenie little hairy Mullah somewhere has already put a price on her head. That's their usual response to someone who dares speak their mind.

Caution: When I tried to download the video from the link you posted, it attempted to download a worm file.

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »
Quote from: Ray

Do you think she will be alive at the end of the year? I'll bet some weenie little hairy Mullah somewhere has already put a price on her head. That's their usual response to someone who dares speak their mind.

I agree. They'll be gunning to silence her.   She not only offers a quick retort to their rhetoric, but those retorts are biting and logical.

Quote from: Ray

Caution: When I tried to download the video from the link you posted, it attempted to download a worm file.

The dl from IFILM or MEMRI TV?

I have three firewalls up, but received no alerts.

Any info. on the worm?  I've been Googling for info. on potential sources/descriptions, but have yet to find anything.

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 11:07:48 PM »
Hi doom,

I got the worm alert right after clicking the MEMRI TV link. I tried it again today and it worked OK this time with no alerts

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 141