It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Back from Colombia  (Read 22274 times)

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Back from Colombia
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2016, 10:26:26 AM »
A guy once gave me good advice. With these Colombianas, dont confuse affection and sex with love. These girls are great actors. Tet will do what ever is necessary to get what they want. This is especially true when they are "starry Eyed" and being taken on fancy vacations. Its okay to do this, but you have to get them in real life situations as well. And dont wear your heart on your sleeve or make any commitments until you are absolutely sure. It s better to be single and play the field like CP or  even just enjoy life with friends and other activities apart from women and love yourself than getting sucked int the drama of a wrong woman.

If someone is still feeling upset and feeling neglected over a "battle Axe" gringa, it is probably the worst time to get hooked up with a Colombiana.

You have no idea what some of these women  have been through, until you listen to some of the personal experiences. And once they have been "damaged" no amount of "Fixing" is going to work.

The best advise I can give is to have a circle of friends, preferably Colombian, or even Colombian American you can  y introduce your GF to. Take your time and value their opinions. Dont get excited and offended when they tell you something you dont like. You can easily lose good friends (and maybe even another potential better GF) by fighting with them and being defensive.

I also like KBs idea of telling her you want to live in Colombia. That cuts out 90% of the visadoras right there.

The girl has got o be into you, and into you more than you are into her. And that means being with you under any conditions (within reason). Otherwise, its just a glorified "Girl Friend Experience".

Some things are just the truth, and have to be faced, like Death, Taxes, and the question "Does your Colombiana really love you?"
Good advice. If a gringo is too nice or vulnerable, these Latinas can really toy with a guy. Just read LatinSharpei's threads. Most of us saw that train wreck coming a mile away and tried to warn him...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2016, 07:01:06 PM »
Yes we met in Cancun once we met in Cartagena once and we are meeting in Cancun again
She's incredible I originally went online and stumbled onto Jamie's site so I was just checking it out
I never expected in a million years to find someone so incredible
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Rschnb67

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »
I must have missed the trip report lol. Taking your girl on vacation isn't the best way to prepare for foreign marriage. At any rate, good luck you'll need it.

Been a couple years since I was on this forum just looking back over my old post and thought I'd share how happy we still are after being marri 2.5 years it gets better every day that's why I don't go on here because [snip] comments like yours telling me good luck I'll need it

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:24 AM »

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2019, 08:45:28 AM »

Too good to be true eh?

Betcha she is saying the same thing about a guy that paid her way to Cancun..twice yet..

Jeeze three weeks a woman and shes incredible and your gonna marry her..what a fairy tale..

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2019, 10:08:37 AM »
Great to hear and congratulations!

We have no idea the hope a story such as yours can give a guy.

It might be the very thing it took to finally get some guy in Wyoming on the plane. Can you buy into that?

Now you're in a great place, rather than grind an axe towards the nay sayers, howabout a tip or two about what makes her so 'livable'?

If I had to pick a couple things, I'd say my wife not getting upset over me being a lazy, unorganized slob is a great start. Sometimes I just push it too far and (always in private) she let's loose a bit, but in short order--minutes, a few hours, almost never over night---and she's back to her beautiful, level easy going self.

On my end, I think she appreciates me being concerned about her Mom and family, although they don't spend much of my money, or even too much of the money my wife gets from her job.

Really, I think the reason why we're going on 14 years (I knew her four years before that and she still gets carded--last week someone asked what high school she goes to, LOL) is:

When she's with me, she pretends everyday is:

"BE KIND TO ANIMALS DAY"

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »
  Been a couple years since I was on this forum just looking back over my old post and thought I'd share how happy we still are after being marri 2.5 years it gets better every day that's why I don't go on here because [snip] comments like yours telling me good luck I'll need it
Still holding a grudge? Wow. Hadn't thought of you in years but flattered you still think of me lol

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2019, 05:09:21 PM »
Like I always say: Great women in Latin America that make some of the best wives even if you take them back to the U.S. I’ve very rarely came after a guy on here for speaking his truth if his experience in Colombia hasn’t been what they expected (maybe those that exaggerate a bit ;) ). Expectations are a huge deal in this game when you first get started.

Even though we lasted the better part of 3 years (the last year being very rocky and off and on) my first serious relationship after going to Jamie’s left a bad taste in my mouth. Luckily I fell in love with the culture there and I continue to return. Met some great women and some that weren’t so great. I have no regrets.

Tell you what...the guys I meet that have nothing but horror stories usually show me pictures of exes and I’m never surprised. Photo albums full of Latina Barbie Dolls. And they swear every Colombiana is exactly the same like they can’t see the common denominator. It’s actually worse than the women I know that are attracted to thugs and gangsters and wonder why it never ends well.

Congrats Rschnb67!!! Best wishes!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 05:21:25 PM by benjio »

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2019, 05:45:20 PM »
Still holding a grudge? Wow. Hadn't thought of you in years but flattered you still think of me lol
Nope never  Think about you or this room just today was remembering how discouraging all you [snip]s were so I thought I'd let you know that's why am living my life and you're still in this [snip]ing room every day

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2019, 06:08:29 PM »
Nope never  Think about you or this room just today was remembering how discouraging all you [snip]s were so I thought I'd let you know that's why am living my life and you're still in this [snip]ing room every day
Good luck to you sir

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2019, 09:29:08 PM »

Compare the above post to one you posted in December,  2016. (Below) and your above post kind of sounds like a "Nah, nana boo boo---told you so" ---I thought (hope) you're a better fellow than that.

I beg to differ as to Asian vs Latin American women (very broad generalization, there, so much variance within ea population) but I thought you were pretty on top of your game, that you expressed it well as follows, back in December 2016:

"""Latin -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers / Re: newbie here
« on: December 09, 2016, 06:32:48 AM »
 I'm no expert by any means but my girlfriend from Barranquilla has all of those good qualities except she's not sexy she's super sexy and the negative qualities so far all I have seen she a girl who's super organized always punctual very attentive   The furthest thing from a Golddigger you could ever find and a super super nice person  sometimes a little impulsive.  She has  been taking English lessons and it's coming along slowly but surely but then again I'm taking salsa lessons and I am probably doing far worse than she is at English   To say an American child learns faster to me doesn't sound very accurate but maybe I have a rare gem but I would not trade her for a Filipino for all the money in the world I dated them before and  I work in healthcare where there are tons of Filipinos and I know them pretty well now and I don't think you could even compare my girl loves to dress sexy for me but yet she's at church every Sunday I think I have the best of both worlds""""

Hope you can share some insights as to what a couple years in the. USA has brought. I have a hunch her head was pretty together to start (not always common with an unusually pretty, exotic lady brought to the USA) and that the core characteristics that attracted you initially, are still there.

But I wouldn't weigh too heavily the posts of those less fortunate than you, the guys who may have seemed to be 'sharpening their knives' and predicting doom.

While again it's your prerogative to disappear for a year or two, or forever, it's also your choice as to whether or not you want to face (counter) "the dark side' by sharing your true, contrasting story's light and offering hope to guys new to the process.

Surely, you don't see us all as a bunch of fecker peckers......

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2019, 12:37:17 AM »
Compare the above post to one you posted in December,  2016. (Below) and your above post kind of sounds like a "Nah, nana boo boo---told you so" ---I thought (hope) you're a better fellow than that.

I beg to differ as to Asian vs Latin American women (very broad generalization, there, so much variance within ea population) but I thought you were pretty on top of your game, that you expressed it well as follows, back in December 2016:

"""Latin -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers / Re: newbie here
« on: December 09, 2016, 06:32:48 AM »
 I'm no expert by any means but my girlfriend from Barranquilla has all of those good qualities except she's not sexy she's super sexy and the negative qualities so far all I have seen she a girl who's super organized always punctual very attentive   The furthest thing from a Golddigger you could ever find and a super super nice person  sometimes a little impulsive.  She has  been taking English lessons and it's coming along slowly but surely but then again I'm taking salsa lessons and I am probably doing far worse than she is at English   To say an American child learns faster to me doesn't sound very accurate but maybe I have a rare gem but I would not trade her for a Filipino for all the money in the world I dated them before and  I work in healthcare where there are tons of Filipinos and I know them pretty well now and I don't think you could even compare my girl loves to dress sexy for me but yet she's at church every Sunday I think I have the best of both worlds""""

Hope you can share some insights as to what a couple years in the. USA has brought. I have a hunch her head was pretty together to start (not always common with an unusually pretty, exotic lady brought to the USA) and that the core characteristics that attracted you initially, are still there.

But I wouldn't weigh too heavily the posts of those less fortunate than you, the guys who may have seemed to be 'sharpening their knives' and predicting doom.

While again it's your prerogative to disappear for a year or two, or forever, it's also your choice as to whether or not you want to face (counter) "the dark side' by sharing your true, contrasting story's light and offering hope to guys new to the process.

Surely, you don't see us all as a bunch of fecker peckers......
Some guys check in every blue moon to say "everything 's great," without offering any specifics about how they've made it work.  Sure would be nice to know. And even though things are swell  it's also good to know how any bumps in the road (which are part of all marriages) were overcome....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2019, 08:23:56 AM »
I'm certainly no exception,  but most here post just the good, happy, 'living the life' stories, that is if they come back at all. Very few details though.

And good or bad, the details are usually interesting.  I mean, just the stories about adjusting to domestic life in the USA, cooking, different appliances etc. are entertaining.

But let's face it, this has never been an altruistic group of guys. It's pretty much alpha wolves, and wolves not even with a 'pack mentality.'

I briefly made mention of my spinal surgery, and the time I got into a wreck and rolled my Honda three times, no one said sh!t. Lost both parents in the last two years, but never dreamed of mentioning it here.

Come on, let's face it--most of the posts here are all about ourselves and that includes mine.

The other, perhaps even larger portion of dribble here is slagging women whilst telling single guys how they're doing it all wrong, that they're doomed.

By and large, this is a place where guys come looking to see what's in it for themselves, maybe to let off steam, kill time, to certainly readily rant when someone offends them in the slightest and last but not least, revel in lurid, violent stories, predicting that new members are on their way to a massive train wreck.

Guys who act like they've got it all figured out, but who in reality, are holding a whole lot of nothing.

The negativity here far outweighs the positive.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2019, 08:23:56 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2019, 08:54:19 AM »
I'm certainly no exception,  but most here post just the good, happy, 'living the life' stories, that is if they come back at all. Very few details though.

And good or bad, the details are usually interesting.  I mean, just the stories about adjusting to domestic life in the USA, cooking, different appliances etc. are entertaining.

But let's face it, this has never been an altruistic group of guys. It's pretty much alpha wolves, and wolves not even with a 'pack mentality.'

I briefly made mention of my spinal surgery, and the time I got into a wreck and rolled my Honda three times, no one said sh!t. Lost both parents in the last two years, but never dreamed of mentioning it here.

Come on, let's face it--most of the posts here are all about ourselves and that includes mine.

The other, perhaps even larger portion of dribble here is slagging women whilst telling single guys how they're doing it all wrong, that they're doomed.

By and large, this is a place where guys come looking to see what's in it for themselves, maybe to let off steam, kill time, to certainly readily rant when someone offends them in the slightest and last but not least, revel in lurid, violent stories, predicting that new members are on their way to a massive train wreck.

Guys who act like they've got it all figured out, but who in reality, are holding a whole lot of nothing.

Some guys that post here went to Latin America/Asia for one reason or another years ago. They had expectations with respect to what the women were like but turns out there are $hitty people everywhere. They’re just giving you their experiences and warning you it isn’t the fairy tale some foreign dating sites or travel guides or social media make it out to be. I don’t see any real harm in that.

Other guys get lucky, find great gals, marry them and never have to see how ugly it can get. I agree with Mambo. The success stories don’t get a lot of print here; so the site gives the perception of having a negative tone. It’s just all our personal experiences though.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:58:58 AM by benjio »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2019, 10:43:02 AM »

I do remember the spinal surgery part and thinking how brutal that sounded. I do have a little empathy , but you are correct,  many on here have little and are focused solely on themselves....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2019, 02:41:09 PM »
I do remember the spinal surgery part and thinking how brutal that sounded. I do have a little empathy , but you are correct,  many on here have little and are focused solely on themselves....

NP, The reality is that with the relative anonymity a website like this provides, basically anything's par the course.

If I have a problem with that, I have a problem like that,  lol.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2019, 10:12:57 PM »
Some guys that post here went to Latin America/Asia for one reason or another years ago. They had expectations with respect to what the women were like but turns out there are $hitty people everywhere. They’re just giving you their experiences and warning you it isn’t the fairy tale some foreign dating sites or travel guides or social media make it out to be. I don’t see any real harm in that.

Other guys get lucky, find great gals, marry them and never have to see how ugly it can get. I agree with Mambo. The success stories don’t get a lot of print here; so the site gives the perception of having a negative tone. It’s just all our personal experiences though.

Overall the board does a disservice to guys that are looking for a wife or anything else in Colombia

If you are a complete idiot with very few life expriences with wome.n it might scare you away

For normal people that are not normally victims in life
This board have damn near nothing to offer

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2019, 09:09:58 AM »
Overall the board does a disservice to guys that are looking for a wife or anything else in Colombia

If you are a complete idiot with very few life expriences with wome.n it might scare you away

For normal people that are not normally victims in life
This board have damn near nothing to offer

Yes, you are probably right about that.

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2019, 11:54:00 AM »
Hey Mambo and Robert.   Yes I checked in every couple years just to give an update how things are going I don't really feel the need to give any details because all  you guys have done in the past is pick things apart and try to analyze them but you guys are living your lives here I just check in once in a while so see you later in a couple years maybe

Offline ag1987

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2021, 06:52:30 AM »
how is everything going?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1