It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Poll

Buying Emails?

Dont waste your money dont buy them
5 (55.6%)
There good, had a lot of success through email.
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Buying Emails?  (Read 4954 times)

Offline DragonballT

Buying Emails?
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:21:24 PM »
Is buying emails a good idea or is it just a waste of money.  I've purchased some emails on a number of different sites with some success but alot more frustration.

The bad

1. Takes weeks to get a response back in some cases
2. Takes even more weeks to get that second and third response back
3. 50% of the time there is no response back.  Negative responses would be better than no response.
4. Some agencies dont seem to care if the girl responds or not.  
5. (My Concern) What if I get in contact with a girl and we have a good internet connection but get to Colombia and not interested?

The good

1. Have an idea on what ladies will be interested in you.
2. Some girls will give you there phone number to make contact easier
3. If you see someone your interested in atleast you know you have attempted to make contact if your not in Colombia presently
4. Can begin a relationship with a girl before fully meeting

My question is what kind of success did others have when buying emails.  How many didn't waste there time buying them.  What were there reasons.  On the flip side how many have had alot of success through email.  Would recommend that as the best way to start the process.

Offline Patrick

Buying Emails?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:43:18 PM »
DBT,

There is no "best way" to do this.  It's whatever works for you.  When it comes to using introduction services I think there's four ways to do things (others can probably come up with more).

1.  Buy addresses (as you've apparently already done)
2.  Use an on-site agency that you travel to in the location of choice and have them set up interview appointments for you.
3.  Go on a tour (like TLC) and attend a party with lots of women
4.  Use a free-lancer to take you around the city introducing you to women you see out in public.

There's going to be pros & cons for each method depending on your point of view.  If you can speak Spanish, you can probably get by on your own without using any services, especially if you can spend considerable time in-country.

The key to success is just doing something.  Guys who buy addresses are notorious for never traveling to meet anybody & many of the women know this.  If you're going to do that, make sure you come across as serious and state in your initial letter when you plan to visit.

Avoid analysis paralysis and get on a plane WITH ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION OF MEETING MISS RIGHT!  After you've visited and met some women, you'll start getting comfortable with the notion of marrying a foreign woman.  Until that happens, maintain a skeptical attitude.  If you don't speak Spanish, start studying it now.

I'm not going to vote for or against addresses.  I met my wife that way (back when we used snail mail!) but that was 10-11 years ago and guys currently searching are going to be more in touch with how things are working these days.

wizard

Buying Emails?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 08:53:16 PM »
Old topic, but it has merit...

Personally, I think buying addresses is a waste of time for the very reasons you stated... It's hit or miss and wastes a lot of time attempting to strike up a relationship with someone...

If you are intent on meeting women quickly, then use one of the online dating sites... Like match.com, blossoms.com, amigos.com or dozens of others that provide email addresses for ladies... This way if you find someone you are interested in, you can use email to cut down on the turnaround time in correspondence...

Also, many women in this search receive dozens of letters from men who will never travel to meet them... They know this and will focus on the bird in the hand vs one in the bush... Meaning that women will focus more on men who travel specifically to meet & date women...

Many men who start this endeavor initially correspond with ladies this way... The downside is that you never know who you may or may not have any chemistry with once you meet them... Ultimately, there's no substitute for time on the ground meeting women, whether that's in Cleveland or Rio...

Planet-Love.com

Buying Emails?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 08:53:16 PM »

Offline Montrealer

Buying Emails?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 09:26:23 PM »
I'm not against buying addresses because it worked out for me.  However, you do need to send out alot more emails to get a good enough retunr rate.  The truth is that many of these women don't check there emails unless they are expecting something.  Alot don't have the net at home like we do.  If an agency says that they contact there members when you send a message, it may be best, if you have a trustworthy agency.

I would recomend purchasing several emails, over 50, if possible.  Then send them a form letter, with maybe one or two personal sentences in each if you have time.  Send the form letter out and see what kind of response you get, then you can proceed how you want.  If you only send out a few emails, your chance of getting a good return is much lower.

It's always better to know a little about the women you want to meet before going down.  It definately doesn't hurt.
Send more divers, the last ones tasted great!  -  JAWS

Offline Patrick

One other thing on buying addresses
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:16:34 AM »
I'd recommend using match.com or amigos.com for anyone wanting to buy addresses.  Any site specializing in personal ads of foriegn women is going to be at risk for a quick shutdown due to IMBRA.

Offline DragonballT

Buying Emails?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 07:04:18 PM »
So far I've purchased about 30 addresses.  Its work out okay I've struck a relationship with a few girls.  For the amount you pay you would expect more.  I think your right that something like match or amigo would be better for email.  Its very tempting though everytime you see a new hot girl added to a site to want to spend money sending her an email.  What about personal ads what kind of success do they usually bring.

I have my date set though and maybe next time I do decide to buy addresses it will be right before the trip.

Offline Patrick

Buying Emails?
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 07:40:50 PM »
From our experience, personal ads published in newspapers don't get that great a result.  We're tried that both in Colombia and Mexico.  Eleven years ago ads placed in three Mexican newspapers generated great results for myself, but I think too many gringo ads started showing up and their effectiveness went way down hill.

Offline JimmySTLOUIS

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: None (yet)
It worked for me
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »
I met my wife through matchingsys.com by first buying her e-mail.
I do agree with Patrick and others that this can be hit and miss. My wife and I e-mailed and chatted a ton before I ever arrived in Lima.

It would have been a real bummer if we met in person after all that time and didnt hit it off. A lot of guys here thought that the way I went would not have worked out for me but it did.

It will limit your options for you if you are head over heels for someone and it doenst work out. You could wind up with a lot of time, energy and heart into something.

For me writing first was the way to go. For you it might be better to go down and "interview" a group of women and then start writing them once you get home and see where it goes.

Good luck

TE AMO PERU!!!!

jim
TE AMO PERU!

Offline conocerme

conocerme
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 01:20:30 PM »
I also met my wife by buying her address from a website that is no longer active called: latinprincesses.  We talked for a couple of months before I traveled to meet her.  We were both serious about marriage and had the chemistry going.

Luckily, when we did meet, we fell in love and eventually married.

Always have a second plan in place, in case when you finally do meet, things do not go well.

Offline DragonballT

Buying Emails?
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »
I could not imagine how awkward it would be to email someone for months and then meet them and be disappointed in there physical appearance.  She thinking your coming there to seal the deal and you feel like a jerk for having second thoughts.

Offline Beattledog

sucess
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »
I think that is just a matter of timing and luck.  If a person is very lucky and happens to purchase the address and/ or e-mail address of  a lady, they may both be looking for that special love.  You can really get to know a person's ideas , thoughts, etc, before you meet them.  However, it does not replace a meeting between the two people

Beattledog

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Buying Emails?
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 06:32:19 PM »
Quote from: DragonballT
I could not imagine how awkward it would be to email someone for months and then meet them and be disappointed in there physical appearance.  She thinking your coming there to seal the deal and you feel like a jerk for having second thoughts.

I would never count on email and photos alone. For me seeing the woman in a web cam was a pre-requisite and even then a woman can appear slightly different in person than she looks on a web cam. In my wife's case, she looked even better in person but that's not always true. I met a Mexicana like this and even though she was very attractive she was enough different from how she looked in the web cam that it was a little disconcerting. She was very attractive in person but I preferred the web cam woman. In my wife's case, it was the exact opposite. In person, she was the hottest thing I had ever seen.

Offline DragonballT

Buying Emails?
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »
Where do you get your girl in front of a webcam.  Most of the girls I've talked to dont have internet access at home and I'm not sure if they would have Web Cams available at internet cafe's.

I know what you mean though.  I've meant many girls online and then saw them in person and was really disappointed.  Most of these sites put a girls best 3 pictures up and thats not enough.  Every site should have atleast some extra pictures to choose from.  Maybe some video would be nice.

Planet-Love.com

Buying Emails?
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Buying Emails?
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 11:00:27 PM »
Quote from: DragonballT
Where do you get your girl in front of a webcam.  Most of the girls I've talked to dont have internet access at home and I'm not sure if they would have Web Cams available at internet cafe's.

I know what you mean though.  I've meant many girls online and then saw them in person and was really disappointed.  Most of these sites put a girls best 3 pictures up and thats not enough.  Every site should have atleast some extra pictures to choose from.  Maybe some video would be nice.

Some internet cafes actually have web cams. An alternative is for a chick to just buy one. Even in Colombia they're only about $25 and easy to hook up to the USB port. My wife always used her sister's computer in her house.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 66