It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Denial of Adjustment of Status  (Read 1783 times)

Offline wolverine1963

• Probie
Denial of Adjustment of Status
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:10:53 AM »
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there has experienced this? My wife took care of her Adjustment of Status Interview and she was instructed to get her vaccinations when she was done breast feeding. A few months later she received notice that she had 45 days to submit her vaccination records.

A Civil Surgeon approved her vaccination records and we sent the records via regular US mail to the B.S.CIS...I mean the USCIS (the intsructions from the USCIS were NOT to send the info certified mail and NOT to drop off the info in person). Well, go figure, we received a DENIAL of the Adjustment of Status because  the vaccination records were not received. HELLLLOOO?!?!

The required info was sent out 8 days prior to the deadline and only had to travel 20 or so miles to the USCIS. Naturally, because we were instructed NOT to send the info certified mail there is no way to track where it is---although my guess is that its being used as a coffee coaster somewhere on somebody's desk at the B.S. CIS!

Any thoughts or constructive comments? Thank you!

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 12:05:46 PM »
You did send it to the same office that did the interview, right? It will probably catch up with her file in a few weeks and they will straighten it all out.

If not, she needs to send them a photocopy of the vaccination supplement with a letter explaining exactly what happened. And don’t tell me you didn’t make a copy of everything!  :(

Ray

Offline wolverine1963

• Probie
Adjustment of Status
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 03:29:37 PM »
Hi Ray---yes I sent the info to the same office---I followed the instructions to the "T". Also, I made copies of all the forms in case the originals disappeared on some A-- Clown's desk at the B.S. CIS office. I am sure I will be sending it out AGAIN----the next time I will probably send it certified mail despite the B.S. CIS instructions.  :evil:

Planet-Love.com

Adjustment of Status
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 03:29:37 PM »

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 05:25:22 PM »
Good work making the copies!

What you might want to try is to make an InfoPass appointment for your local office so you can hand-carry the documents and place them in an immigration oficer's hands. That tact usually gets positive results in resolving problems like yours.

Ray

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864