It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Skin Color / Body Image  (Read 2712 times)

Offline klz002

Skin Color / Body Image
« on: March 22, 2006, 06:21:21 PM »
Hey Guys  -

Do the Philippinas have a hang-up over skin color?  (As if here in the USA we don't!)  I've exchanged photos with BEAUTIFUL young ladies who keep saying they aren't pretty because they are "dark".  (At least I think that is what they are saying.  The English gets a little choppy sometimes.)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:37:49 PM »
Quote from: klz002
Do the Philippinas have a hang-up over skin color?
Yes.

They also use whitening creams to "bleach" out the skin color so they can look like a ghost.

Offline Keith

Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:05:15 PM »
I have never understood the bleaching of the skin with women in the Philippines.  To me they are the most beautiful women in the world.  If we wanted a white girl we would marry a white girl.  

Keith

Planet-Love.com

Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:05:15 PM »

Offline Bataanj

Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 08:23:15 PM »
White girls want to get tan, and tan girls want to be white. SOS :roll:

Jay

Offline Jimbo

Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 07:08:21 AM »
Yup, I was surprised to learn that my wife's idea of a walk on the beach was to run from coconut tree to coconut tree to stay in the shade.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 08:35:56 AM »
Jay nailed it. Why is it that straight haired girls want curly hair and curly haired girls want straight hair? It must have something to do with the unobtainable being most desirable.

He Jimbo, did you retire from Boston to Florida? I didn't know you were Jewish.  :D

- Jeff

Offline Montrealer

Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 08:40:59 AM »
When I was married to a woman from Mexico, I asked her about this because she stated that white is better all the time.  This is what she told me;

Many of the darker skin tones are of Indian descent, and to be thought of as an Indian you were considered to be poor, uneducated and lacking in class.

I thought that was a fairly racist comment, but then she pointed out to me that when you look at countries with mixed skin tones, that all of the high paying jobs, politicians, and other elites are often whiter than the people who are working in restaurants, agriculture, and other low paying jobs.

So I think its there own sub-society rules that have been influenced by racism over the past few hundred years.

I realize that this is the asian board, and that I am giving a Mexicans point of view, but I would believe that the ideology is simular.
Send more divers, the last ones tasted great!  -  JAWS

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 08:52:04 AM »
You're right, Montrealer. Being a morena for a Mexicana is considered ugly. My secretary, a beautiful girl, is a dark skinned Mexicana. She considers her sister, very light skinned, to be much better looking than she, even though the opposite is true.

In the old days even in the US, white skin was a symbol of the upper class. They could stay indoors out of the sun while the lower classes worked in the fields and got tanned. These days, dark skin is a symbol of leisure, while pasty white skin a symbol of having to work all the time, nowadays in a factory or office, not in the fields.

- Jeff

Offline Jimbo

Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 09:21:33 AM »
Hey Jeff,

No, that's just forward thinking on my part.  I'll be looking for a house down there this spring!

Offline delta5

• Probie
    • http://www.americangunrights.net
Skin Color / Body Image
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 11:15:09 AM »
My philipina fiancee is fairly dark too. They are obsessed with being white. Adding white genes to the pool is desirable there. I dont get it. She thinks she looks almost "African". OMG! I asked here where she got that idea from... I think she looks like a real pretty island girl. LOL

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 182