It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Manchester Terror Attack  (Read 1600 times)

Offline cdr1974

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Manchester Terror Attack
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »
As many of you fellow board members are already aware,  My home town of Manchester UK was savagely attacked late last night.  22 people,  many of them young inicent Children we're brutally murdered by a cowardly and evil act,  a further 59 people injured,  fighting for their lives or have live changing injuries.

I have just returned home after laying flowers near to the scene of last night's terror attack and to pay my respects to all the people who's lives have been changed forever...... I live only 10 minutes from where the incident took place

Terror will never win,  the heartless bastard who carried out this attack and any terrorist organization will never prevail ......

I am sure you will all join me in saying all our prayers and thoughts are with those people who's live have been terribly affected by this act of pure evil......

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
Re: Manchester Terror Attack
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 08:42:02 PM »
Regrets that those cockroaches did that. There or anywhere. But between England and the USA, they'll get the 'suicide bomber's fellow cockroaches in due tIme. Like roaches, they'll hide, but be exterminated eventually. Efforts are already showing promise towards this end.

I'm sort of sick of watching and listening to news these days, but couldn't help but focus on this terroristic act and the response of Manchester.

I can see why they named the home football team 'Manchester United'---to a one, each person from there on the news seemed to show admirable manners in responding. They were obviously sad, mad but not mad to the point of risking being rash, not hysterically reacting, but showing strength and resolve.

The proverbial 'stiff upper lip"

It's a very different city than most from abroad might think--very progressive, old in some ways, modern in others.

Sort of reminded me of the videos, radio clips and writings recalling how Winston Churchill, his learning disabilities and all--one of the least likely underdogs you'd expect to lead his nation and  'win the day' ---managed against long odds, to show tact, resolve and tenacity, and as we will also do together once again against such vermin, and win the day once again.

This time however, we're not wasting any time as we did in WWII in working as an allied force.

Churchill : "We shall defend our island,  whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Gavan

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »
Very said an horrific Craig. There are no words to describe the horror. A similar attack happened in my country (Belgium) last year, it is very scary.

My thoughts go out to all the families that have been affected.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »
Manwhile, a few days back, Muslim terrorists took over the Philippine city of Marawi, Mindanao (in an area I know damn well to never go near to) and 21 are dead. They beheaded the police chief and took a number of people, including a priest and the parishioners, hostage as an attempt for  'protection' against govt. military forces moving in. It's a city of about 200,000 and they're burning buildings and claiming is under isis control.

Not for long....Philippine Duterte cut his visit to Moscow short, but before even leaving Moscow, he declared martial law. Russia and China had already agreed to provide a lot of arms some time back. So Duterte is outsourcing firepower from outside the USA, and forget about any 'nicieties'--no Geneva like conventions/rules.

He's one serious, no nonsense guy and it looks like he's going to wreak vengeance on the Muslim extremists. He warned them before and they really stepped over the line this time.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:09:55 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:28:19 PM »
Unlike the leftist wimpy response to terrorists, Duterte wants a stinking jihadist terrorist captured alive, so he can cut out his liver and eat it with salt and vinegar.

http://www.newser.com/story/241705/duterte-on-terrorists-give-me-salt-vinegar-ill-eat-his-liver.html

I think the odds are about 50-50 that he will follow through on that promise.

;D

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864