It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: So has he walked into a scam?  (Read 15081 times)

Offline Heruamen

Re: So has he walked into a scam?
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
  The old I got my phone in the pawnshop deal is a classic one that I've heard so many times I can't count, or can you help me with money so i can chat to you its like most scammers pull from the same script.  Seriously though every woman who hits you up for money is not out to scam you.  This I know from personal experience.  Sometimes they are really in need and they have this notion that most foreigners are rich. If someone asks you once and they seem sincere just tell them why that makes you uncomfortable and if they are real they understand and will not ask you again, but the real ones are so easy to spot.  I have sent money before to someone I have not met in person, but when I did meet them they were very real and honest to me and a good human being to boot.

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »
Just photos but looking at them again it looks like there 3 different girls...
Also look our for the "glamour" or professional shots - some may be real & some may not. I had one lady who told me that she was a pageant winner & it turned out that she really was a pageant winner.

I know everyone here means well, just needed to get it all out on paper to get it of my chest .. for me that always works.

Never chatted live but I had that 'I am I going to soon' feeling ...... so yeah I think you are right.
There is a wealth of information, knowledge, advice, intelligence, guidance & wisdom in here.
Some of us response different as that is our personality but at the end of the day we are all here to help. Whenever your need advice/guidance do not be afraid to ask, some of the replies may be slow as most of us work but they will be coming.
Some of the replies will be short & some will be long (like uncle Robert) or comedical/picturesque (like uncle Dave H).

Some of the replies may also be harsh, in your face or to the point but do not take it as if someone is critizing you or putting you down - it is just the personality & how some of us reply. 

Also, you will see some threads that will go way off topic. We sometimes tend to cover 100 different topics in one thread  ;D

If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »
Hi Heraumen, how are you doing? How are things with you?

It is nice to see you posting again, we miss you man.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »
I thought I had meet a girl who is everything I want in a future wife and wasn't looking for a guy who can do 50 sit ups, something I can't do... 'I don't care what physical appearance your in' 'I don't care what you look like' and that's after she saw a few pictures of me, if you don't know I'm a wheelchair user.....

Hey Kaz,

Don't sweat it! This isn't Latin America, we're talking the Philippines...that type of woman is quite common here! Sure you have some bad ones, but there are so many awesome Filipinas! I know because I married one...ever see a 98 pound woman lift a 200 pound man off of the floor? I had 3 strokes...thank God I am doing good now! Take your time and find the right lady...a wheelchair won't matter! When I was in my wheelchair, I was the same height as my wife.  ;D

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »
POST HER NAME POST HER EMAIL POST HER PICTURE!!!! SCAMMERS AND GREEN CARD GIRLS DESERVE ALL OF THE TROUBLE YOU CAN GIVE THEM.

W3,

I agree he should do this AFTER he determines she is a scammer!!!

If he is wrong, and she is innocent, then he has really hurt this woman!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »
I have sent money before to someone I have not met in person, but when I did meet them they were very real and honest to me and a good human being to boot.

Communication costs!!

Welcome back Heruamen!  Hetep!!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Kaz1983

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »
Hey Kaz,

Don't sweat it! This isn't Latin America, we're talking the Philippines...that type of woman is quite common here! Sure you have some bad ones, but there are so many awesome Filipinas! I know because I married one...ever see a 98 pound woman lift a 200 pound man off of the floor? I had 3 strokes...thank God I am doing good now! Take your time and find the right lady...a wheelchair won't matter! When I was in my wheelchair, I was the same height as my wife.  ;D

Dave

I nearly fell out chair when I read that...  ;D

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »
Kaz,

The Philippines has some extraordinary women!  The values run very deep and you will rarely find a pinay that is not looking for love!

Take your time, the RP is also a candy store! 

Pick well, take your time, because at the end of the day, people are still people and you have to pick a woman that will be a good fit for you!

Zulu

Offline Kaz1983

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 07:16:02 AM »
Kaz,

The Philippines has some extraordinary women!  The values run very deep and you will rarely find a pinay that is not looking for love!

Take your time, the RP is also a candy store! 

Pick well, take your time, because at the end of the day, people are still people and you have to pick a woman that will be a good fit for you!

Zulu

Thanks good to hear and just backs up that looking for a girl in the Philippines is right for me...... and probably any man..  ;)

Offline Heruamen

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 08:14:49 AM »
   Thanks for the greeting guys yes I'm back and also back in my search for the one who fits me right.  Its been an interesting process.  And I have learned a lot in these past few months.  I am very happy to see the kfc and piglett married off, its a beautiful and inspiring thing to hear.  I wish you guys all the best, and all the happiness in the world. The poster who mentioned that you should be sure that someone is a scammer before you accuse them is 100% correct when she says you could really hurt them with that accusation if they are being real with you.  I been there before.  Sometimes you can tell if you listen to your instincts and common sense. If you are chatting with a girl on a daily basis and you see her in cam and hear her voice eventually you will be able to tell if she is really into you, by her body language, her eyes when she looks at  you and her voice (unless she is a world class actress hehehee) and even more importantly the words and ideas that come out of her mouth.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »
Hey Heruamen,

Welcome back! I have been in your old stomping grounds (CDO) about 10 times in the past 2 months. Too bad you are back in the US! I even checked out Xavier Estates once when I was at SM, very nice place!

Good Luck,

Dave

Offline Dave H

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 10:21:59 PM »
I nearly fell out chair when I read that...  ;D

Hey Kaz,

Sorry about that!  ;D I think she actually liked not having to look up at me. ;)

Dave

Offline Kaz1983

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
Hey Kaz,

Sorry about that!  ;D I think she actually liked not having to look up at me. ;)

Dave

nah no probs, not like I was serious .... been 6 years and it hasn't happened yet.. haha.

But seriously the one one who was the same height as me was from Singapore, she went back home.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »

Offline Heruamen

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »
wow Z.K.G. I know this is completely off the subject but I noticed you said THE WORD HETEP in your reply welcoming me back Do you know(kemetic)egyptian culture and language.  I would be amazed because only 1 person in 1000 would know something of that language and recognize that the word Heruamen comes from that.

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »
wow Z.K.G. I know this is completely off the subject but I noticed you said THE WORD HETEP in your reply welcoming me back Do you know(kemetic)egyptian culture and language.  I would be amazed because only 1 person in 1000 would know something of that language and recognize that the word Heruamen comes from that.

Heru Amen,

everyone should know thy self, correct?

Zulu

Offline Dave H

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 05:13:03 AM »
nah no probs, not like I was serious .... been 6 years and it hasn't happened yet.. haha.

It happened to me a few times...when I was doing wheelies. My wife put an end to that foolishness...well when she was around anyway.  ;D

Dave

Offline Kaz1983

Re: Giving this another shot
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 11:24:41 PM »
Well it's 1 1/2 years on from when I last posted on here but I've decided to give it another shot,  after attempted  to be scammed and failing to get in contact in with girls who are saying they want get to know me and when asked are serious about meeting someone, I just quit attempting to  find someone as I lost faith in the whole system.... that said, after realizing not for the first time that Australian girls just aren't an option as they are about themselves -which is OK if they are happy, it's their life. To me I'm going to at it as trying to get a girls interest and phone number at a restaurant -only 1 approach in 10 if lucky will get the phone number and then you have get a date with her etc etc....  ohh and also I'm set myself a few 'rules' to help sort the wheat from the chaff:

1. Not chatting to girls who send you their yahoo IM addresses to you and just wanna chat.

2. If their photos don't look like they are real, 1 of  the 4 looks like a different person or they are too 'sexual' 

3. If their profile says they are looking for a 40 to 55 year old but they contact me showing their interest, I'm 28

4. Start telling me everything I want to hear and more, like 'I love you' after 3 emails. 

Any of those set the alarm bells off and I'm going trust my instinct this time around. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:27:46 PM by Kaz1983 »

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 12:33:38 AM »
Zulu,

Just curious about something.  Does your gf know you have her photo up on the web for the world to see next to your anonomous profile?  Her photo is always right next to some  controversial posts that you write, and continue to entertain us all with. 
Have you ever invited her to come on this board and look around?
Just wondering if she ever lurks here and reads along with the rest of us??
After I posted my trip report, I regretted including such details that would compromise my gfs identity, and asked for the report to be deleted.  Sorry to say, it wasn't.  I will not make that mistake again.

The way you did it was pretty shi*ty, posting her full name, because you did that BEFORE you found out she was a scammer.

If she had not been a scam artist, it could have been pretty harmful for obvious reasons.

I stand by what I posted.

On the other hand...I am glad you weeded this scumbag out!

Good luck on your search!!!

Zulu

Offline Tanuki

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 04:50:23 AM »
Kaz,

Good to hear your going to try again.  And your criteria is close to the same way I approached my search. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find a real gem!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »
   Thanks for the greeting guys yes I'm back and also back in my search for the one who fits me right.  Its been an interesting process.  And I have learned a lot in these past few months.  I am very happy to see the kfc and piglett married off, its a beautiful and inspiring thing to hear.  I wish you guys all the best, and all the happiness in the world. The poster who mentioned that you should be sure that someone is a scammer before you accuse them is 100% correct when she says you could really hurt them with that accusation if they are being real with you.  I been there before.  Sometimes you can tell if you listen to your instincts and common sense. If you are chatting with a girl on a daily basis and you see her in cam and hear her voice eventually you will be able to tell if she is really into you, by her body language, her eyes when she looks at  you and her voice (unless she is a world class actress hehehee) and even more importantly the words and ideas that come out of her mouth.

Hey good to see you back on the board man.
you looking to see if you can reel in a keeper this time?
there are millions to choose from, take your time & you will find her.

happy fishing
pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Kaz1983

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »
Well I've been in the Philippines for a month now and will be headed back to Perth June 28th. It's been great so far, I spent my first 12 days in Manila and then flew down to Dumaguete, Negros. I will stay in Cebu for a weekend before I go back to Perth as well and am looking forward to that. I'm staying in Valencia which is 10 kms up the mountain from the center of Dumaguete ....

But most importantly, I've meet two great girls so far and in two very different ways.

The first girl I meet online many months ago and she is from Manila, so I meet her first. She was great and everything went better than expected. I left Manila thinking she is a girl I'm gonna come back and see but she is also the first Filipina I've meet as well - I didn't realize just how many women would be very interested in meeting me (all for slightly different reasons of course).

Now both of us agreed everything in Manila went so fast.... I think that's what has lead me to pull back a bit and not rush into any decisions until I get back home.

The second girl I meet by chance, she is the niece of the owner of the apartments I'm staying at and is also works as a caretaker at the same apartments as well. The owner who is French and is a good guy, my friend who lives at the same apartments for over a year know him quite well. She is 21 and from Siargao but done her studies in Cebu. Because her family is very poor, she helps support them with the money she earns from working at the Apartments.

So you know at first I didn't intend on getting to know her and I have been very honest with her about the 'other' girl that I meet in person in Manila but as I told her (she understands);

"I'm looking for a committed relationship and that the more I stay in Dumaguete the more I think this is a place I would like to come back to on a regular basis and maybe one day even live 6 months of the year."

I have just got to decide who is better for me and go after her I suppose but with time I'm starting to feel like I'm everything I didn't think I was; 'a guy who is leading two women on at the same time'
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:07:24 PM by Kaz1983 »

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 01:38:21 AM »
I have just got to decide who is better for me and go after her I suppose but with time I'm starting to feel like I'm everything I didn't think I was; 'a guy who is leading two women on at the same time'

Kid, meet candy store.

It is almost inevitable. You are just not used to having all the options and the women practically throwing themselves at you, so you want to see how much better you can do. It will pass, in time. It took me almost two years to (mostly) get past it.

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 01:49:43 AM »

I have just got to decide who is better for me and go after her...

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Well, at least your using your head and thinking things through. Maybe you'll meet some more before you head home...

But I am partial to those Surigaonon girls.   ;)

Thanks for the updtae Kaz,

Ray

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 01:49:43 AM »

Offline Kaz1983

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 05:02:49 AM »
I just then spoke to her in person about this (girl number 2, read my post above...  ;) )

She knows that I've got a 'girlfriend' as she puts it and has told her friends that as well but said that she in the past she has tended to have crushes on guys who have girlfriends - she hasn't acted on them, i.e. she isn't the type to just go after men with girlfriends.... also she is happy to just be friends for now and that if I want to talk to other girls that is OK as well.

Basically if I want to see her again she would really like that but that is up to me whether I do or not and that is how it should be. I told her that I do want to see her again but it whether we stay just friends or it develops into something more depends on our communications over the next 8 months (between getting back to Perth and coming back to the Philippines next year)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:20:18 AM by Kaz1983 »

Offline Kaz1983

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 05:14:03 AM »
Kid, meet candy store.

I'm starting to understand what you mean.....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:16:45 AM by Kaz1983 »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864