It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Latina talking about marrying gringos  (Read 32145 times)

Gato4Astrid

Re: Latina talking about marrying gringos
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »

not a surprise, why else would a younger girl be with an older foreign man, but... once the $$ is gone, so is the girl.  but men seem to forget this part and get pissed off when the girl leaves,  :P

It is called 'Prostitute'  ;)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »
Guess we're all "Mongers" hen ..hey..
Theres a guy on anoher site, a short, bald Colombian American who says all Americans visiting Colombia are "Sex Tourists" because thier main reason to cme here are to meet women, not altruistic reasons.
Whereas this guy brags about the times he has had sex with married women in Colombia, consciencely...something I wold NEVER do.
So if we are "Sex Tourists" what kind of degrading label is there for the Colombian hipocrites with these low morals?
Like I said, when Latinos call us "Goofy" gringos, I just laff..."Goofy" is in the eye of the beholder..

It is called 'Prostitute'  ;)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »
Gracias tengo muchos libros de espanol si yo gustaria a estudiar. Solo yo falto ganas y disciplina para hacerlo. Mas important que gramatica en Colombia es a saber los dichos y palabras groseras de la gente

Tranquilo amigo, solo queria ayudarte a mejorar tu Español.  ::)  Mi Español tampoco es perfecto, lo se, solo me di cuenta de los errores en lo que tu escribiste.

¿Que significa "ave maria pues"? ¿Es una jerga Colombiana verdad?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 04:15:48 PM »
It is called 'Prostitute' 

dont blame the girl, the man is just as at fault as the girl, its a " business relationship"   happens all the time in many countries, but the men get pissed off when its over because they somehow twist " money for love"  into thinking its a lasting relationship jajajajajaj

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2014, 05:20:50 PM »
Like I said, when Latinos call us "Goofy" gringos, I just laff..."Goofy" is in the eye of the beholder..

It's not that gringos are goofy.  They just seem goofy when they're around a bunch of latinos.  And yes, the same is true when it's the other way around.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
LOL at 25. Way too many go as young as they can go legally. Unless you want to live there... don't do it. That simple.

Really?  I don't know about all these 50 year old guys going for 18 year old's that REALLY think they have a relationship based on romance and attraction.  Almost all 50 year old's know the score...the few that don't or can't figure it out are too stupid to worry about. 

I'd say it is such a small % that it is hardly worth talking about.  That said, if a 50 year old wants to bring his 18/19 year old wife here then I say let him do it in peace.  Every once in a great while, there is genuine feelings between the individuals. 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 06:45:32 PM »

dont blame the girl, the man is just as at fault as the girl, its a " business relationship"   happens all the time in many countries, but the men get pissed off when its over because they somehow twist " money for love"  into thinking its a lasting relationship jajajajajaj

"business relationship" = PROSTITUTE   same thing!!!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2014, 11:05:51 PM »

I never really understood why men want women so young. I'm 31 and 24~25 is where I want them to be. I think some guys just want a sex symbol and not an actual partner. Yea I'd have sex with them but not settle with some one so young, they haven't even done anything in life yet

It is simple: biology. Men and women are wired to be attracted to a partner that can benefit them the most when it comes to reproducing. To a man, the younger the woman is the better the chance she can pump out some off spring. This kind of attraction happens on a basic level even if the man isn't planning on having children. We are just wired that way. Mother nature wants babies to be born.

Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2014, 07:19:09 AM »
To a man, the younger the woman is the better the chance she can pump out some off spring. This kind of attraction happens on a basic level even if the man isn't planning on having children. We are just wired that way. Mother nature wants babies to be born.

Yes so unlike with FT is suggesting a good portion of men find themselves with the youngest hottest thing available due to simple biology. With some the bigger head prevails and with others they run it til the wheels fall off. Granted I do agree with you researcher that it is their problem, but it is an avoidable one.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2014, 08:01:25 AM »
You can talk about biology and maybe 'the hips don't lie' and all that, but I think that by and large, physical attraction is a very intangible thing. It's quite possible that a guy could be 'turned on' by the appeal of a 30 y/o Mila Kunis, as well as by a 60+ y/o Helen Mirren. Sean Connery was bald and almost 60 y/o when he was voted 'sexiest man alive' and George Clooney at 52, still brings em into the theaters for movies that are basically his political agenda and he doesn't hide his grey hair.

For me, there is no end to variation of sexual appeal in women, from voluptuous to thin, from blonde Hungarians and Swedes, to Asians, Latinas and so on. Eastern Africa has some knock outs. Maybe the one place where I saw the most beautiful women per capita was Galway, Ireland.

I am all for all the colors and flavors the world has. As far as I'm concerned, as to the appeal of women and the possible variations therein--until I've traveled the entire planet, I'll never really know what lights my fire the brightest and probably not even then... 8)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2014, 09:37:26 AM »
....as well as by a 60+ y/o Helen Mirren.

HA HA! Watched RED last night. She looked spectacular in that white dress when they went to that political fundraiser.

Offline gyounger

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »
I'd like to remind everyone that the objective is finding a good wife/companion no matter the age difference or if she's young or old.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
I'd like to remind everyone that the objective is finding a good wife/companion no matter the age difference or if she's young or old.

Yes and more often than not, especially in the early part of the search/relationship, sexual appeal is part of the quotient.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »

This is the second time youve stated this Gato. I think you missed the point.I remember when I started dated in latin America, about 12 years ago. I was your age.and I went to a function for Latinas to meet foreigners. I saw all these old fat, bald funnily dressed guys and Rubes who couldnt speak a word of Spanish with young, attractive women. i thought I was better than them, relatively fluent in Spanish, world traveller, professional, humble gentleman. Then it donned on me. Doesnt make a whole lot of difference how old you are, how good looking you are, how ell you dance. These girls (the ones interested in a longer term relation) are with ALL of us for some alterior economic motives. They all have their own agenda, whether hidden or not. If you want a serious relation with these women, it's the same common denominater , whether its you, me, BCC, Awesome, Gavan, Benji, whatever. Sure the girls younger and more educated with a little more money can be a bit picky. And same with the younger, good looking, slicker guys. But still, the VAST majority of the Latinas looking for foreigners for a serious relationship of any kind, have some type of economic or non-altruistic agenda (Visa, money, better lifestyle, economic and stability).
So lets not be labelling all these girls as PUTAS. I realize there are extremes, the Interesadas, where you can say this with prety high  accuracy (i've been through this wyself) . But if you label all the girls who have an economic interest as Putas, you pretty well have to call every single one of us on this site Whore Mongers.
I myself have this bad habit of judging  of labelling people. But  as I get older, I have to question, Who am I to judge?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2014, 02:36:56 PM »
I daresay most women everywhere 'hope' to marry into better circumstances, including economic. If they're real poor, the motivation may be higher and if there's a readily available source of guys outside their immediate circle, i.e. foreigners, to make it possible, they may gravitate towards that source.

A lot of lower and middle class N. American women don't have much exposure to wealthier guys, but if they did or do, I think they'd find those guys more attractive too, all other things being relatively equal.

People like money, they seem to think it brings an easier life and will resort to all kinds of measures to get it.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
I daresay most women everywhere 'hope' to marry into better circumstances, including economic. If they're real poor, the motivation may be higher and if there's a readily available source of guys outside their immediate circle, i.e. foreigners, to make it possible, they may gravitate towards that source.

A lot of lower and middle class N. American women don't have much exposure to wealthier guys, but if they did or do, I think they'd find those guys more attractive too, all other things being relatively equal.

People like money, they seem to think it brings an easier life and will resort to all kinds of measures to get it.

Could be money, in India gold's a big part of the dowry, in some cultures it's livestock, but regardless, each party is typically looking, hoping to get something and someone better out of the deal, or in this case, out of the 'marriage'.

Cripes, a lot of dames going out on dates just wanna eat at some swank restaurant they could never afford, if nothing else...

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »

yah, but you keep blaming the women for this, their would be no prostitute if the men weren't doing or looking for it. its a 50/50 % deal, not 100% on the woman

Offline Gavan

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2014, 04:19:26 PM »

This is the second time youve stated this Gato. I think you missed the point.I remember when I started dated in latin America, about 12 years ago. I was your age.and I went to a function for Latinas to meet foreigners. I saw all these old fat, bald funnily dressed guys and Rubes who couldnt speak a word of Spanish with young, attractive women. i thought I was better than them, relatively fluent in Spanish, world traveller, professional, humble gentleman. Then it donned on me. Doesnt make a whole lot of difference how old you are, how good looking you are, how ell you dance. These girls (the ones interested in a longer term relation) are with ALL of us for some alterior economic motives. They all have their own agenda, whether hidden or not. If you want a serious relation with these women, it's the same common denominater , whether its you, me, BCC, Awesome, Gavan, Benji, whatever. Sure the girls younger and more educated with a little more money can be a bit picky. And same with the younger, good looking, slicker guys. But still, the VAST majority of the Latinas looking for foreigners for a serious relationship of any kind, have some type of economic or non-altruistic agenda (Visa, money, better lifestyle, economic and stability).
So lets not be labelling all these girls as PUTAS. I realize there are extremes, the Interesadas, where you can say this with prety high  accuracy (i've been through this wyself) . But if you label all the girls who have an economic interest as Putas, you pretty well have to call every single one of us on this site Whore Mongers.
I myself have this bad habit of judging  of labelling people. But  as I get older, I have to question, Who am I to judge?

I agree with this... I think that pretty much all POOR latinas who are specifically looking for a gringo want money and/or a more comfortable life in the US/Europe. Now I do not believe that in MOST cases they ONLY want money and don't care how old or ugly the guy is. I mean you only have to join Latin American Cupid to see that these women are still pretty picky. I saw it in Peru as well. Several of my ex's friends and sisters were members of LACupid. I saw how they selected the guys.: "No, too fat, too old, etc." Money is part of the appeal of a gringo, but it isn't all that matters (in most cases).

And again, if you want to avoid dating women who are looking for money, you can always look for a middle class latina. Many of them ALSO love gringos, but for different reasons. I saw it in Peru as well. I had several middle class women hit on me and complement me on my "ojos azules:D 

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »

^^^ This about sums it up.

My mom is on her third husband.  She married my dad when they both were about 20 years old.  My dad had long hair, was a drummer in a rock band, and played semi pro baseball.  He was the "stud" who was always the life of the party, and had a decent steady job.  Turns out he wasn't a good husband and the marriage didn't last long.  Her second husband was a bonafide two steppin texas cowboy(think john travolta in the movie urban cowboy), who was basically another sweet talking ladies man, though the marriage lasted about 10 or 11 years.  Her last and current husband is not much of a ladies man or especially handsome, but he is a GREAT husband to my mother and stepdad to my brother and sister.  He works DAMNED HARD to provide my mom with a reasonably comfortable lifestyle and my mother is about as devoted and loving as a wife could possibly be.  Would my mom with 2 young kids (I the oldest was already grown when they met) have given this guy a chance had she not known that he would be a strong, faithful provider?  Hell no!  She learned her lesson from the first two idiots she married.  Does that make her a hooker?  I hope not.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »

^^^ This about sums it up.

My mom is on her third husband.  She married my dad when they both were about 20 years old.  My dad had long hair, was a drummer in a rock band, and played semi pro baseball.  He was the "stud" who was always the life of the party, and had a decent steady job.  Turns out he wasn't a good husband and the marriage didn't last long.  Her second husband was a bonafide two steppin texas cowboy(think john travolta in the movie urban cowboy), who was basically another sweet talking ladies man, though the marriage lasted about 10 or 11 years.  Her last and current husband is not much of a ladies man or especially handsome, but he is a GREAT husband to my mother and stepdad to my brother and sister.  He works DAMNED HARD to provide my mom with a reasonably comfortable lifestyle and my mother is about as devoted and loving as a wife could possibly be.  Would my mom with 2 young kids (I the oldest was already grown when they met) have given this guy a chance had she not known that he would be a strong, faithful provider?  Hell no!  She learned her lesson from the first two idiots she married.  Does that make her a hooker?  I hope not.

Good story and that's my experience more often than not with most women. They have to have bad experiences with what they think they want before realizing what they need. In the neighborhood where I grew up my friends and I could never understand why the prettiest girls were always attracted to the thugs and gang bangers. Nowadays most of those girls are fat, bitchy single mothers walking around asking themselves why they can't find a good man.

I have a very attractive cousin that was married to an aspiring music producer for years. And while the guy was very talented he never really put himself in a position where he could at the very least help support his family. As hopeless as it seemed after years and years of trying to hit it big, his career and everything that came with it (constant traveling, drugs, women, etc.) always came first. They eventually went through a divorce and she's now married to a much less attractive and dull, but most definitely more stable and grounded gentleman. She told me "A young woman marries the first time for love and a smart woman marries the second time for stability." One huge drawback of a lot of black and latina women in the U.S. is once they've realize the value of a good man and try to start meeting them, they are usually bringing a ton of baggage to the table. One thing that has always blown my mind are single moms in the U.S. that are interested in me and how they behave as if I should feel lucky to have the chance to date them. When I tell them I don't date women with children they get offended and tell me, "You don't know what you're missing out on." My reply is usually, "What...an empty bank account?"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:03:29 PM by benjio »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2014, 07:05:02 PM »

are with ALL of us for some alterior economic motives. They all have their own agenda, whether hidden or not. If you want a serious relation with these women, it's the same common denominater , whether its you, me, BCC, Awesome, Gavan, Benji, whatever. Sure the girls younger and more educated with a little more money can be a bit picky. And same with the younger, good looking, slicker guys. But still, the VAST majority of the Latinas looking for foreigners for a serious relationship of any kind, have some type of economic or non-altruistic agenda (Visa, money, better lifestyle, economic and stability).

I agree with you simply because of the financial inbalance between the USA and the areas we are discussing. That being said there is a lot of money in a place like DF for example. You can find girls that would have no economic interest in you. Sure maybe they have a gringo fetish and would like to live in the United States, but it is just not the same as the poor barrio girl that needs to do anything to pull herself out of poverty. There is some big differences between those women. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »

One thing that has always blown my mind are single moms in the U.S. that are interested in me and how they behave as if I should feel lucky to have the chance to date them. When I tell them I don't date women with children they get offended and tell me, "You don't know what you're missing out on." My reply is usually, "What...an empty bank account?"

"YOu don't know what you are missing"....In a sexy sultry voice of course....

How gay!   Worth an eye roll for sure.

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fathertime

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
Yes so unlike with FT is suggesting a good portion of men find themselves with the youngest hottest thing available due to simple biology. With some the bigger head prevails and with others they run it til the wheels fall off. Granted I do agree with you researcher that it is their problem, but it is an avoidable one.

I married the hottest young thing myself....but at age 40, 23 was as low as I felt I could reasonably go...there were younger ones too that put themselves out there
...  I really don't see a lot of 50 year old's going for 18 year old's and thinking it is real...I just think it is a silly conversation because it is sooooo infrequent.  Who cares about the 1 in a 1000 thing? 

I'm curious though, have other members seen 50 year old men that genuinely think an 18 year old is after them for their body or something?  I can recall one prior poster that was over 50 and I think he had that unrealistic mindset....but most men have come to their senses from what I've seen.

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2014, 08:19:29 PM »

I agree and see nothing wrong with this...  If a woman is looking out for life long term it can make sense to latch onto a man that will be able to afford her children a safe happy home, even if he has aged out of being the physical Adonis he once was..  Of course not all women think like this and that is cool, but for the older man you don't need EVERY woman to be interested...

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »

I'm curious though, have other members seen 50 year old men that genuinely think an 18 year old is after them for their body or something?  I can recall one prior poster that was over 50 and I think he had that unrealistic mindset....but most men have come to their senses from what I've seen.

I'd like to think the attitudes online are coming around like you suggest. But once guys get on the ground in practice they can veer off course. On a macro scale do I think a 40 year old marrying a 23 year old makes sense? Generally speaking I don't think generation jumping works on a macro scale. On a micro scale anything is possible. The ideal.... now that I know what I know is for a guy to wait til he is 28 to early 30s and go pluck a girl right out of college or something. But very rarely is everything in life "ideal"

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 305