It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Best City in Colombia for Meeting Ladies in Public Places?  (Read 20841 times)

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Best City in Colombia for Meeting Ladies in Public Places?
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »

If you have a policy not to do anything outside of reason for a woman while you're courting her, and until you get to know her VERY well, why would these women be an issue for you? You'll have to give me some personal experiences Elex because I just don't understand. I'm not talking about guys that choose to ignore red flags and are willing to pay for beauty. They make their own beds and lie in them with very attractive women. I don't feel sorry for those guys. As a matter of fact when a guy first starts traveling to Latin America to find a wife I encourage that behavior. Get it out of your system!!! But perhaps the conniving Colombiana mind has evolved since I've left.

While I lived there even the most cunning girls...those that would buy minutes on their cel just to call and tell you "te amo." Those that would #$%& your brains out every night like you were both on a plane hurdling towards the Earth at 500 mph from 35,000 feet. Those that buy you gifts instead of asking for anything (until they finally do). Those that introduce you to their families. Those that study and hardly ever go out (as far as you know). In the end...they all reveal their true motives with one, single request for help. Girls in Colombia either assume or know for a fact you have disposable income. The type of woman you're talking about always eventually makes some small request to test you. Then if you say "yes," some big request to see how far they can take it. If you say no to either and set that precedent, THEY ALL GO APE [snip] CRAZY!!! IT NEVER FAILS!! They never say they understand, or they'll find the money some place else. After all they work they've put into you, they expect a pay off. And when it doesn't happen, they feel as if they've been jipped. They usually start screaming, throwing things. Calling you selfish. Telling you there are dozens of other men that would give them the money. IT NEVER FAILS!!! Every single time that's what happens. I've been through it a dozen times. Then they delete me as a friend on Facebook and block my number. It's almost like they have a check list for this BS. And they always call back after a while. May even be months later. But if you're smart, you'll be with another girl and let her answer the phone. That's what I used to do! LOL!!!! The trick is sticking to your guns. Don't give these girls money until you know it's the real thing, without a doubt. And at that point, you'll be volunteering it. Not fulfilling a request for it.

Now on the other hand. A girl that likes you. One that really likes you...she may get annoyed. She may be disappointed. But she's not going crazy on you because you didn't give her money. In most cases those girls won't even ask. Even if they do find themselves in dire straits they won't even tell you what's going on. Those girls don't want you to think they are the type like Elex is describing. So most of them would rather starve. Again, something I've been through several times in Colombia.

I thought this was common knowledge. Perhaps I should write a book. LMAO!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Very true. Although even the ones who really like you will go ape s--- crazy at some point. But the behaviors you describe sound very familiar to me...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2018, 07:39:03 PM »

If you have a policy not to do anything outside of reason for a woman while you're courting her, and until you get to know her VERY well, why would these women be an issue for you? You'll have to give me some personal experiences Elex because I just don't understand. I'm not talking about guys that choose to ignore red flags and are willing to pay for beauty. They make their own beds and lie in them with very attractive women. I don't feel sorry for those guys. As a matter of fact when a guy first starts traveling to Latin America to find a wife I encourage that behavior. Get it out of your system!!! But perhaps the conniving Colombiana mind has evolved since I've left.

While I lived there even the most cunning girls...those that would buy minutes on their cel just to call and tell you "te amo." Those that would #$%& your brains out every night like you were both on a plane hurdling towards the Earth at 500 mph from 35,000 feet. Those that buy you gifts instead of asking for anything (until they finally do). Those that introduce you to their families. Those that study and hardly ever go out (as far as you know). In the end...they all reveal their true motives with one, single request for help. Girls in Colombia either assume or know for a fact you have disposable income. The type of woman you're talking about always eventually makes some small request to test you. Then if you say "yes," some big request to see how far they can take it. If you say no to either and set that precedent, THEY ALL GO APE [snip] CRAZY!!! IT NEVER FAILS!! They never say they understand, or they'll find the money some place else. After all they work they've put into you, they expect a pay off. And when it doesn't happen, they feel as if they've been jipped. They usually start screaming, throwing things. Calling you selfish. Telling you there are dozens of other men that would give them the money. IT NEVER FAILS!!! Every single time that's what happens. I've been through it a dozen times. Then they delete me as a friend on Facebook and block my number. It's almost like they have a check list for this BS. And they always call back after a while. May even be months later. But if you're smart, you'll be with another girl and let her answer the phone. That's what I used to do! LOL!!!! The trick is sticking to your guns. Don't give these girls money until you know it's the real thing, without a doubt. And at that point, you'll be volunteering it. Not fulfilling a request for it.

Now on the other hand. A girl that likes you. One that really likes you...she may get annoyed. She may be disappointed. But she's not going crazy on you because you didn't give her money. In most cases those girls won't even ask. Even if they do find themselves in dire straits they won't even tell you what's going on. Those girls don't want you to think they are the type like Elex is describing. So most of them would rather starve. Again, something I've been through several times in Colombia.

I thought this was common knowledge. Perhaps I should write a book. LMAO!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

When I first began to court my  now wife, that included time she was finishing a five year, University degree for both hardware and software computer engineering. She had siblings in college simultaneously, something which would strain most family's finances.

But her father had over extended himself financially, acquiring more land for their farm--he was always looking for more, for better land.

Then, two years of terrible weather, the leanest of crops and awful prices for the meager crop he could sell, put them close to losing everything. He'd literally 'bet the farm' - - after all, the area had never seen two gawd awful farm years previously. Unheard of.

Delmonte, and some of the other big multinational agri-corporations were knocking on the door of their home, offering a pittance for the land--for everything he'd worked all his adult life to aquire.

She NEVER asked me for a SINGLE peso, not even a vieled hint and I didn't know until AFTER I asked her to marry me, really AFTER we wed, just how bad it was.

She was literally starving, spending money that would've been better spent on a bowl of cheap veggies and rice, to chat at the internet cafe with me, every day, after SCHOOL, during her last year in University, then for the years she worked 12 hours a day, six days a week (seven days the last week--inventory) for Coca Cola, as a Logistical Engineer.

I literally showed her while we'd chat, the big meals I used to prepare for my son's, unaware that she was going hungry.

Boy, did I feel like a stupid, insensitive ass later on.

But sometimes, a persons own quiet sense of pride and self respect prevents them from letting off their plight, never mind begging for a peso or two.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:00:07 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2018, 09:47:46 PM »
With all the above stated, as alluded to, still never underestimate a woman's ability to wait a long time before finally springing a financial trap on you.

A woman can have designs on you that you're not even aware of until long after the ink's dry on the marriage certificate. It's amazing how long people can carry on a 'front' - - making themselves out to be someone--something they're really not.

I know a woman who's about 40 years old. She's hot alright - - a real 'looker'. A friend of mine married her, despite me trying to warn him: "James, no, no, no---she's built for speed, she's been married twice, (in Australia last time) now she's leaving a rich old alcoholic she's been shacking up with for you AND she's going to use you for a green card--DON'T--she's out of your league, man!!"

I tried to tell him he had become tunnel blind, and that he was about to be wiped out by an oncoming train, disguised as a woman in a low cut dress, with one helluva a pair of high beams. But no, he just looked down that tunnel and all he could see was pure sunshine.

She conned him til he was blind, with him thinking she was the good, Bible reading, verse quoting, traditional wife. After all, she cooked, she cleaned, was sweet to his Mother. She also F'd his brains out. I bet she could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and massage granite til it turned to mashed potatoes. Without breaking a nail.

But he didn't even 'get it' even after she moved from their apt. here on the east coast, to California and began coming up with excuse after excuse for not coming back to him.

Now, she--while STILL married to my friend, is about to set her hooks into a wealthy Fortune 200 corporation CEO. She disappeared off of Facebook for a while, but she's back on and as dumb as it sounds, (unlike her) is all about her new boyfriend. A real 'maneater' she is. And this is her third nation that she's pulled this in--marrying a guy and taking him for a ride!

AND no, USCIS ain't doing squat, even with her a playing loose in filing her tax return for a refund in her name. She's gonna 'double down' right here in the land of plenty.

They said they have "bigger problems" to worry about...

And even if a woman DOESN'T have any long range plans to take advantage of you--no alterior motive, no scheme waiting in dormancy to be sprung on you later, she can still change later on.

Some women become overly impressed with money, with material things, especially once they've experienced the 'finer things' they never knew before. It can cause them to change.

Then, some women experienced the 'finer things' growing up and will marry a guy they truly love--a guy who can't provide 'all that' and not until later on does it have a negative effect.

Then, those 'things' that lifestyle, and how well you're able to (or not able to) provide them, can become how she begins to measure YOU as a 'valuable' partner.

Money, or a lack thereof, can create some awful scenarios. "For better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and health" - > those words just don't seem to carry the sense of weight and commitment they once held....

In these increasingly complex times, we're also becoming increasingly wiley people, living disposable lives, all in a throwaway society.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:24:47 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2018, 09:47:46 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 05:02:35 AM »
Very true. Although even the ones who really like you will go ape s--- crazy at some point. But the behaviors you describe sound very familiar to me...

no there arent just 2 extremes. There are the ones in the middle who take it calmly if you put your foot down.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 05:18:25 AM »
And by the way Elex, the type of woman you're talking about are always working other guys. Even if they're good. They don't answer their phones. Or they're missing for a night or two. It never fails. You have to literally be ignoring every single red flag being thrown at you. These women aren't hard to figure out. I know strippers in the U.S. that juggle men like racquetballs and never miss a beat. The average Colombiana simply doesn't have the critical thinking, organization or planning skills. Their skill is drop dead beauty, which simply makes most men dumb. INCLUDING MYSELF!!!

When my ex girlfriend used to visit me here in the U.S. people couldn't believe she was with me. What made it more unbelievable is her family is filthy rich. But that was my destiny when it comes down to it. Because I stopped giving women money. I just wouldn't do it. The only thing left for me was a chick that didn't need a dime from me!!!!

may work for you because your under 40..s
and only after much trail and error.

but no way a 25 yo is gonna go out with a guy in his 50s or 60s and not eventually expect some material support.

and there is no way the guy should expect otherwise.

I know short, decrepit 70 year olds with lots of money with 18 yo girl friends who claim they give them nothing

sure they get the poorest girl from a strato 1 barrio and try to be cheap..but there is no way these girls are with this type of guy wo some financial benefit. Its beyond ludicrous to think otherwise.

like the pope claiming he is not catholic.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:20:22 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 05:33:33 AM »
www.google.com.co/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2003/mar/02/evolution.genetics

if an old guy can still display health and wealth he may be still considered sttractive

but a poor cheap tacaño old guy..forget it
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:35:37 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 06:56:09 AM »

and only after much trail and error.

I will admit it’s been a learning process for me. And believe me I’ve coughed up my fair share of “support.” But it’s like I keep saying. Guys at 50 should know a woman in her 20’s isn’t going to be interested in him for his looks or great personality. She may eventually really fall in love but men have to be honest and realistic with themselves. Again, all the heartbreak comes from unrealistic expectations. The world simply doesn’t work that way....in Colombia or anywhere else.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 07:32:39 AM »
I will admit it’s been a learning process for me. And believe me I’ve coughed up my fair share of “support.” But it’s like I keep saying. Guys at 50 should know a woman in her 20’s isn’t going to be interested in him for his looks or great personality. She may eventually really fall in love but men have to be honest and realistic with themselves. Again, all the heartbreak comes from unrealistic expectations. The world simply doesn’t work that way....in Colombia or anywhere else.

+1

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 09:55:27 AM »
We're all in it for something. And it's not just that simple, slippery thing they call 'love' or even  'sex'

We're basically all trying to better our lives. Learn it, live it, love it, or remain a delusional fool, living a life of miserable complaining, with one or multiple women. Forever chasing that elusive butterfly, but attracting and getting stung by wasps.

Your attitude can be like a whoremoanal--ooops, I meant 'hormonal' scent, attracting specific kinds of women, time after time.

Figuring out the balance of who's in it and for what---what each other's priorities are, not only right now---but trying to figure out what it's probably gonna be like down the road---therein lies the rub.

If you can't tend to a woman like keeping up a house, better to stick to rental units.

Most of us here have two balls already. Unfortunately,  neither of them are crystal.

I think I'm gonna quit this site and start writing for Hallmark cards.

Nobody says jacksh!t about my overly long posts anyhow. Does Hallmark have a book division? ;) ::)(
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:00:15 AM by robert angel »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 12:43:20 PM »
I think I'm gonna quit this site and start writing for Hallmark cards. Nobody says jacksh!t about my overly long posts anyhow. Does Hallmark have a book division?  (

lol too funny robert

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 01:33:13 PM »
We're all in it for something. And it's not just that simple, slippery thing they call 'love' or even  'sex'

We're basically all trying to better our lives. Learn it, live it, love it, or remain a delusional fool, living a life of miserable complaining, with one or multiple women. Forever chasing that elusive butterfly, but attracting and getting stung by wasps.

Yep. There was a time and place I would have disagreed with the above. But you are basically right.

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »

But it’s like I keep saying. Guys at 50 should know a woman in her 20’s isn’t going to be interested in him for his looks or great personality. She may eventually really fall in love but men have to be honest and realistic with themselves. Again, all the heartbreak comes from unrealistic expectations. The world simply doesn’t work that way....in Colombia or anywhere else.

Then they must be into free drinks, dinner, sex and clubbing. jajaja

Shortly before my girlfriend came back on the scene.....I had a 20 something chick (that I had met earlier) come over to my place. Wasn't long before we were in the sack.

Afterward we were talking in bed and I asked her if she wanted to do something. She said "yeah" I want you to fock me again.

I said "OK" I'll try (when you are over 50 you need some recoup time). She said I don't want you to try....I want you to do it. jajaja

A lot of these chicks are just here...there ain't no long term planning going on at all....plenty never make a plan more than a week in advance their whole lives. jajaja

The trouble for a lot of guys is that they are trying to find "the one" when really.... there are millions of women in Colombia that can make you damn happy for a while.

It must be horrible going out with a super hot 10 while looking for focking red flags. jajaja
Or worst yet steering clear of really hot women altogether because they might not make good wives. LOL!

Offline benjio

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2018, 01:22:56 PM »
It must be horrible going out with a super hot 10 while looking for focking red flags. jajaja
Or worst yet steering clear of really hot women altogether because they might not make good wives. LOL!

EXACTLY!!!! I always tell guys down south, "Man...just enjoy yourself!" Look at all this dime piece tail around here!" If what you want is a good woman that will make a great wife back in the states never give up on that goal. But in the mean time have fun. Everything else will fall in place as it should in due time.

Getting pissed at young, beautiful girls for not acting like wife material reminds me of the old scorpion and the frog story.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2018, 01:22:56 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2018, 08:05:14 PM »
Super hot, exotic women are all too often like expensive, exotic sports cars. They're gonna cost you from the start and the maintainance will be a lot more. They're more prone to break downs than is usually the case with merely mainstream cars or with merely 'very pretty woman' --and the 'exotics' usually don't handle rough roads/times too well.

Being 'built for speed' mechanically or physically typically doesn't bode well for longevity.

And when we're with them, all too often we find it sooo ez  to not dwell upon these factors, ignoring red flags that'd send us running away from a more 'ordinary' looking girl.

Stick around too long, chances of getting burnt are a lot higher.

Part of the game. 

Offline Calipro

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2018, 12:36:39 AM »
Super hot, exotic women are all too often like expensive, exotic sports cars.

Or you could just settle for the unicorn in my profile photo....I mean the colombian 6 that doesn't care if you are in your 50's and didn't even set me back a ham sandwich. jajaja

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2018, 04:40:44 AM »
Calipro said:
Or you could just settle for the unicorn in my profile photo....I mean the colombian 6 that doesn't care if you are in your 50's and didn't even set me back a ham sandwich. jajaja
Touché'! I like that !!!! :))

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 07:38:46 AM »
Jimmy Soul – If You Wanna Be Happy Lyrics

Billboard Hot 100 #1 hit, May 1963:

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So from my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
As soon as he marries her then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife
You'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ugly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind

Sax solo

Don't let your friends say you have no taste
Go ahead and marry anyway
Though her face is ugly, her eyes don't match
Take it from me, she's a better catch

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2018, 08:06:48 AM »
As I get ready to shift gears in my life, I stopped and did a little 'inventory' of my life, of my liquid and material possessions and the degree to how much other people are dependent on me, etc.

I realize I've come to the point where all the possessions I own - - how they sort of own ME, instead of the other way around. They all need maintainance, insurance, as well as my time and money. They hold me back from just 'hitting the road' for extended periods and my not worrying about staying in communication with a 'home base'.

And so do a few people.

While I do really feel that I have a lovely young wife who dotes over me and I'm fortunate there--I can see how for a lot of people, not getting married, not owning a house, a boat, cars etc., increasingly makes sense.

I don't think I was ever happier than I was in my early twenties  when besides my stereo, I could put everything I owned in two suitcases and hop a train or plane to anywhere. Besides, whenever I broke up with a girlfriend, I had half a dozen other women out there, waiting for my call. It was so easy.

Even now, if I am driving a long distance, rather than fuelling up the big Lexus, wearing down the $1200 Michelin Pilots and piling on miles, it's cheaper, more sensible to rent a newer, nice car and to see what another company's latest cars are like.

I scuttled my boat too. It's just a lot cheaper to rent one a few times a year, or as said, "The best boat is your friend's boat!

Be it property or women, there's a lot to be said for 'pay as you go', without having paper titles and certificates that can complicate your life.

More and more--for me anyway - - the mantra is 'less is MORE'

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2018, 11:59:59 AM »

Sax solo

"UGLY" is relative. A 55 yo who drags a "6" Colombiana in her 20s or 30s back to the US where he rates  a"2" with women that age if he.is lucky will find he is the ugly one and she has all the choices

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »

Sax solo

I have a friend who purposely married a homely woman because he feels pretty women are trouble. Last time we talked, he hadn't had sex with her in 2 years...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2018, 01:10:58 PM »
I have a friend who purposely married a homely woman because he feels pretty women are trouble. Last time we talked, he hadn't had sex with her in 2 years...

He doesn't have paper bags?  8) ??? ::)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
"UGLY" is relative. A 55 yo who drags a "6" Colombiana in her 20s or 30s back to the US where he rates  a"2" with women that age if he.is lucky will find he is the ugly one and she has all the choices

Yes, and I have referenced this phenomenon a number of times, including explaining how a woman's physical appeal exponentially increases once you bring her to the USA, and how a male in his native USA can see HIS physical (and financial) appeal  conversely decrease in his foreign wife's eyes and mind.

The third stanza of the song sort of also alludes to this, in case you didn't read or didn't comprehend it:

"A pretty woman makes her husband look small
To do the things that will break his heart"

Unless you're in a Latino saturated population area, and even then, if you're a white gringo your probably at risk, it's gonna be real easy for a hot looking foreign babe to let her increased visual appeal and status go to her head.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »
Yes, and I have referenced this phenomenon a number of times, including explaining how a woman's physical appeal exponentially increases once you bring her to the USA, and how a male in his native USA can see HIS physical (and financial) appeal  conversely decrease in his foreign wife's eyes and mind.

The third stanza of the song sort of also alludes to this, in case you didn't read or didn't comprehend it:

"A pretty woman makes her husband look small
To do the things that will break his heart"

Unless you're in a Latino saturated population area, and even then, if you're a white gringo your probably at risk, it's gonna be real easy for a hot looking foreign babe to let her increased visual appeal and status go to her head.
Heck yeah. That's also why my confidence is high when i get back from Colombia.  My status is higher there....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »

Offline benjio

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2018, 04:53:00 PM »

Waaay more likely to find if you spend as much time in country as CaliPro. Even though my son's mother and I aren't technically together right now I got VERY lucky. I would have never met her, much less landed her if I wasn't living in Rio at the time. I wouldn't even call them unicorns either. Our problem is we go for looks first....period. We'll look past a solid 7 (that's a 9 in the U.S. by the way) with a great personality for a neurotic, spoiled dime piece every single time until we know better. I've done it before.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:54:33 PM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2018, 05:07:30 PM »

Heck yeah. That's also why my confidence is high when i get back from Colombia.  My status is higher there....

And therein somewhere also lie the reasons why when my wife goes home for several weeks, when she comes back here  it's like a honeymoon all over. Our already great love life, goes beyond great--really all aspects of our interpersonal life together improve. I pretty much get the royal treatment now--breakfast in bed,  manicures, pedicures, my clothes set out freshly ironed each day, lunch ready to go, house all clean and more, but it gets even better!

There's a greater appreciation of too many things to mention, as things taken a bit for granted in the USA after its been years since she's been back home, are vividly realized all over again.

She values her dual citizenship more too.

Yep, even a couple weeks in her impoverished  politically corrupt  environmentally filthy country, where if you're a woman not married by age 25 you're viewed as quite odd, if you're an unmarried woman at age 30, not only are you seen as damaged goods, but also if you are a woman of that age without a good company job already, you sure as hell aren't getting one. Where seeing a woman driving is rare.

And there's no age or sex discrimination laws to help you over there. Mistresses are common, child support for single mothers, never mind alimony for women with OR without children, is basically unheard of.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 350