It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: ilegal immigrants.  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Beattledog

ilegal immigrants.
« on: March 29, 2006, 06:38:40 AM »
What do you think should be done with the illegal immigrants in this country?

Beattledog

Offline Ken

ilegal immigrants.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 07:10:59 AM »
I think if the US govt. decides to let people who have entered the country illegally go to the front of the visa line ahead of all those who are following the rules and waiting their turn then the concept of justice in the US will be pretty well shot to hell.

Offline Fuzzyone

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
ilegal immigrants.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 07:44:10 AM »
Quote from: Ken
I think if the US govt. decides to let people who have entered the country illegally go to the front of the visa line ahead of all those who are following the rules and waiting their turn then the concept of justice in the US will be pretty well shot to hell.

If you call immigratons right now they have a taped announcement about that subject. They might not go to the start of the line but anyone that has experience with immigrations will know that everything will be screwed up for years, waits that are 6 or 7 months will turn into 2 or 3 years.

Planet-Love.com

ilegal immigrants.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 07:44:10 AM »

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
ilegal immigrants.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 08:52:19 AM »
If you enter this country illegally, the consequence is deportation. So why the F*#% is everyone scared to death to deport them all? Because they are marching in OUR streets and dishonoring OUR laws and OUR flag?

I don't buy this crap that it would be "impractical" to deport ten million people. Cut off all the freebies and send them back home. And the ones who have been demonstrating in our streets can take their stupid ass Mexican flags with them.

Laugh now you dumb ass holes...

Offline Montrealer

ilegal immigrants.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 08:59:02 AM »
Looks like Canada is taking the position that you all would like to hear from your government on illegal immigrants.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1143586212404&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home
Send more divers, the last ones tasted great!  -  JAWS

Offline Brazilophile

Simpson-Mazolli Bill
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:49:56 AM »
Quote from: Ken

Ken,

In 1986, the US gov't did EXACTLY that!  Those illegals who could document 5 continuous years of residence and lawful employment in the US, and did not commit any crimes were awarded permanent residency status.  They were given a new category for the petition process.   What does that say about the concept of justice in the US today?!?

I knew of a person who benefited from that law.  He had been living and working in the US without a visa since the mid 70's.  He actually PLANNED for that amnesty by saving ALL of his important documents since he first set foot in the US.  He suspected that an amnesty would happen and decided to be preparded.

Offline Brazilophile

ilegal immigrants.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Ray
I don't buy this crap that it would be "impractical" to deport ten million people. Cut off all the freebies and send them back home.

There is a saying about cutting off one's nose despite one's face!  

Illegals can't be deported because they are too integrated into our economy.   US businesses are too reliant on illegal labor to function without them.  All the Walmarts will have no one to clean their stores if the illegals are deported.  There will be no one to work for the contractors who are rebuilding New Orleans and other gulf coast places in Mississippi and Alabama.  There will be no one to harvest fruits and vegetables in California and Florida so food will spoil and our food prices will sky rocket.  There will be no one to help build single family houses.  I could go on.  And on.  And on.  And on.  ...

In short, deporting the (Mexican) illegals is as practical as cutting off Chinese product imports and Arab oil imports.

Offline Ken

ilegal immigrants.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »
Braz good point, thanks for reminding about that. The question of course is rhetorical  no?

Monty good article. You Canadians are so...sensible.

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Baloney!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 02:46:15 PM »
Quote from: Brazilophile
There is a saying about cutting off one's nose despite one's face!

I believe that should be to spite, not despite :)

Seriously though, I don't buy all this garbage that the United States can't survive without illegal alien labor. Those are simply excuses used by people from the president on down for not having the balls to enforce our laws and the Mexicans are laughing in our faces.

U.S. business can function just fine without illegal alien labor if they have to. Wal-Mart has already found plenty of legal labor to clean their floors and the fruits and vegetables will get picked. Am I willing to pay higher prices for some products in order to take back our country from the foreign invasion? Hell yes!

And we don’t need illegal alien labor to build housing in this country. Besides, if you take out ten million illegals there will be a sudden glut of housing, in this country.

I could agree on a decently written guest worker law if they exclude any illegals that are here now. Why not give first preference to foreign workers from countries other than Mexico who respect our laws and would appreciate the chance to come here to work on a temporary basis. But the borders must be secured FIRST!

America is becoming a country of wimps because we have lost the will to enforce our immigration laws and the world is laughing at us. I thought there was hope when the House of Representative FINALLY got the cajones to pass a REAL immigration reform bill. Then those limp-wristed wimps on the Senate Judiciary Committee came out with ANOTHER bull-[snip] AMNESTY program.

Now grow some balls and demand that our government enforce our laws… and stop this stupid amnesty nonsense!

BTW, we survived an Arab oil boycott before and we can do it again.

Ray

Offline flipflop

ilegal immigrants.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 07:31:06 AM »
Im with ray, shut freakin walmart down if they cant operate within the law. Technological advancements in the harvest of agricultural products sit on the shelf because theres no demand. Make the companies that produce food invest in less labor intensive ways of bringing goods to market.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133130
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 189