It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: makes me wonder, men really that desperate  (Read 2177 times)

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
makes me wonder, men really that desperate
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:06:34 AM »
So went to transito to pay the taxes on my car with my buddy taxi driver.  He told me about an American  guy in the Army who was staying at whore house/ party house here in Medellin.  Met a girl there,, pulled her out and made her  his girlfriend. He went back to his post in October but is returning in December. He is now paying for her rent, utilities, food ect  while gone.

So my friend shows me this video  of her in her whatsapp, guess  where she is? In Cancun Mexico in one expensive resort,, I would have to admit, it’s a nice resort.  So my buddy asked me “ well what do you think? She told her BF that she got a job working for an International Company and they sent her to Cancun of all places”

I start laughing. I said, “ ok this girls is a prepago, has never had a job in her life, never finished her last level of highs school,  and some how she got a job for an international company?, that a joke, its obvious somebody is paying her to be  a travel companion and its not her boyfriend”

So apparently this guy in the army is going to try  to bring her to the US on fiancée visa  and put her in a university.  So it just makes me wonder, are men really that stupid or desperate? Or maybe just really doesn’t care what happens and is willing to take the financial risk?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:40:26 PM by mudd »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: makes me wonder, men really that desperate
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 08:23:45 AM »
So went to transito to pay the taxes on my car with my buddy taxi driver.  He told me about an American  guy in the Army who was staying at whore house/ party house here in Medellin.  Met a girl there,, pulled her out and made her  his girlfriends. He want back to his post in October but is returning in December. He is now paying for her rent, utilities, food ect  while gone.

So my friend shows me this video  of her in her whatsapp, guess  where she is? In Cancun Mexico in one expensive resort,, I would have to admit, it’s a nice resort.  So my buddy asked me “ well what do you think? She told her BF that she got a job working for an International Company and they sent her to Cancun of all places”

I start laughing. I said, “ ok this girls is a prepago, has never had a job in her life, never finished her last level of highs school,  and some how she got a job for an international company?, that a joke, its obvious somebody is paying her to be  a travel companion and its not her boyfriend”

So apparently this guy in the army is going to try  to bring her to the US on fiancée visa  and put her in a university.  So it just makes me wonder, are men really that stupid or desperate? Or maybe just really doesn’t care what happens and is willing to take the financial risk?

That's exactly why the described solider's C.O. (Commanding Officer) typically still has enough power options to make him marrying intro a train wreck scenario very difficult. As long as he's active military, he has to file paper work before hand about change of status and more.

Not all,  but most C.O.s will disapprove, explain why and that G.I. will be busted down to potatoe peeling or paper shredding, limited low cost, on base living options, if he doesnt wise up while still on active duty status. Almost like a surrogate parent. It has changed a bit over the years, but living amongst a lot of military, I know that a good Officer still holds sway over a lot of aspects of the lives of the soldiers under his/her command, both on and off base.

A few still fall through the cracks of the system,  but I see a lot of GI's, married to very beautiful women from C. & S. America as well as from parts of Asia, often happy, with several children in tow.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:24:09 AM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 10:41:57 AM »
So it just makes me wonder, are men really that stupid or desperate? Or maybe just really doesn’t care what happens and is willing to take the financial risk?

Oh the tells your taxi driver tells...isn't the first story you posted here of his and probably won't be the last. jajaja

The only thing I would be wondering about is if the story is even true.....I mean to army guys even really have the money to keep a woman and pay her rent?

I know some old farts in Medellin that do.

Apparently you can pay by the hour.....the night or the month here in Medellin and the price goes down accordingly. An hour might cost 150 mill and an over night stay might set you back 300 mill but you can have a pretty hot chick live with you for a month for as little as 2 million plus food and board.

Forget the girlfriend experience....these old bastards are going for the full on wife experience.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 10:41:57 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 11:07:46 AM »

Oh the tells your taxi driver tells...isn't the first story you posted here of his and probably won't be the last. jajaja

I have a taxi driver I always use in Barranquilla while I'm there. All he ever talks about is politics and soccer. I think Mudd got lucky!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »
Interesting discussion on this sie on the subject..

http://colombiaconnection.freeforums.net/thread/3815/me-wonder-men-desperate

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »
I have a taxi driver I always use in Barranquilla while I'm there. All he ever talks about is politics and soccer. I think Mudd got lucky!     

l my driver has a lot of gringo clients, and also runs tours around medellin to foreigners, so he has a lot of stories and a lot of stupid clients.

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »
Interesting discussion on this sie on the subject..

http://colombiaconnection.freeforums.net/thread/3815/me-wonder-men-desperate

It’s the same bogus story that is on this thread

Army guys don’t make enough money to keep women and poor colobianas don’t tell their boyfriends that they got a new great paying job that sends them to Cancun jajJaj

There are so many holes in the story that anyone could see through it ....except for Mudd LOL

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 04:10:40 PM »
So went to transito to pay the taxes on my car with my buddy taxi driver.  He told me about an American  guy in the Army who was staying at whore house/ party house here in Medellin.  Met a girl there,, pulled her out and made her  his girlfriend. He went back to his post in October but is returning in December. He is now paying for her rent, utilities, food ect  while gone.

Yes, they really are the desperate, I'm seeing it first hand. Its pretty sad

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »

I dare say, just how glad I am that all those movie stars and want to be stars, with their sexual abuse allegations, obviously had no alterior motives and are coming forward, giving the Hollywood big shots their propers!

Think of all those years that Angelina Jolie lived in secret, hidden horror and now is able to finally come forward and speak...

I'm so fortunate to realize I work in a workplace climate where we know that it's improper and that I could get fired for telling a woman what a lovely dress she's wearing!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:00:10 PM by robert angel »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 08:59:15 PM »
I dare say, just how glad I am that all those movie stars and want to be stars, with their sexual abuse allegations, obviously had no alterior motives and are coming forward, giving the Hollywood big shots their propers!

Think of all those years that Angelina Jolie lived in secret, hidden horror and now is able to finally come forward and speak...

I'm so fortunate to realize I work in a workplace climate where we know that it's improper and that I could get fired for telling a woman what a lovely dress she's wearing!
Exactly! Have to walk on eggshells around female coworkers. One misinterpreted word can derail a career these days...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 09:40:36 AM »
There are dozens of male corporate executives, film stars and guys from other fields,  who have been forced to resign their positions due to 'alleged' improper conduct, sometimes, but not even always, involving actual sex.

Yes, I would imagine most of them are guilty, but what gets me, is that as far as I know, none or few if any, have been found guilty in a court of law. Some might have admitted guilt and apologized, some settled out of court.

But the 'casting couch' and 'working your way to to top on your back' and countless variations of sexual power plays, put in motion from different sides, have been part of the social fabric for thousands of years in all theads of society. Be it Presidents, Jefferson, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Clinton, to name  but a few, it wasn't until Clinton that the 'yellow journalism' turned towards scalding media 'exposes'. Before that, person's private lives were almost always (except Fatty Arbuckle)  just that--private.

In hollywood, tawdry sex of every possible variety, perpetuated by males and females alike, for both power and pleasure, is as old as silent films themselves.

Seems we live in the USA today in almost a modern day repeat of the Victorian era. It is different in that being gay and/or lesbian is readily mainstream accepted--that's  hardly even news anymore. And I think an 'out' star like Ellen Degeneres, is great---that she's real and funnier than hell sometimes. And at 77 million in salary last year, she was 'only' two million behind TV actor Dr. Phil's 79 million salary--and Dr. Phil's been running a lot longer.

But somebody goes to the media and says some guy acted improperly with _______......, and there's no 'presumed innocent until proven guilty'---you are tried and convicted in the media first and then fired as a result. Too much of a possible liability in an incredibly litigious society.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 324