It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Anything new for the Philippines?  (Read 438 times)

Offline Mercury

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Anything new for the Philippines?
« on: November 30, 2022, 11:36:21 AM »
Just finally found my way back here after years away, now that the lockdown has been lifted what does it look like for travel, vacation, and prospects?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Anything new for the Philippines?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 07:00:00 PM »
I was there in July for a few weeks and we had a great time. Incredible beaches. Never felt unsafe. City or deep in the provinces, people would want to share food, drink and learn about me. Curious. I was amazed at the incredible amount of infrastructure improvement. Roads going from 2 to 4 lanes almost all over, new airports, etc. Masks and other restrictions basically bygone. The populace is fatter than it was ten, never mind 20, years ago. Even relatively poor people were having western fast food home delivered during the pandemic years and continue to do so--we're killing them w/ our saturated fats.

The women have gotten smarter and more wary of foreigners. Traditional ways are harder to find. but WORTH it) Their psychological makeup has become more complex, but remains very different than western nation's. I've known my wife almost twenty years, married almost 17 and we're one of the only couples (if not 'the') still together from her USCIS 'batch mates' (Fiance' immigrants). Second time I've married a Filipina (14 years the 1st time, two sons) and God forbid, but I'd go back looking if I had to, but I've got it pretty damn good now. Prettiest gal where ever we go, she just doesn't know it. She always worked hard, working her way up with stellar work ethic. I never really asked her what she did with her salary, because she's always been a sport on helping out with bills.

But expect her family to (perhaps silently) come 1st. If not, that's a red flag. Look out for pouty, passive aggressive types. Look for more educated, working women. That said, employment is desperately hard to find there. Then when they do get a job, it's often 6 days a week. My wife was an engineer for Coca Cola and she worked there  6 days a week, w 12 hour shifts (7 days end of month--'inventory)' Yet she made time to see me online. She has 6 younger siblings she helped thru college.

There's a whole lot of gaming. people playing each other, women desperate to escape grinding, multi generational poverty. Takes a lot of digging dirt, b4 you'll likely find a diamond. But even if you just 'go' I think you'll have a magical vacation. Although there's little if any language barriers, the more you learn, the more you'll realize you don't know.

Take chances. No risk no gain. Use your big head 1st.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 242