It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: shoot-out in Poblado  (Read 1968 times)

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
shoot-out in Poblado
« on: March 14, 2021, 01:32:44 PM »
this is a few days old.... but  nice shoot-out in poblado in front of my gym.. i missed it by a minute, couldt figure out why my two friends from the gym were outside talking to the police, thought some idiot moto got hit by a car. turns out two venezulens tried to rob somebody and they shot back... one went  to the hospital,  other not sure  if they caught him.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: shoot-out in Poblado
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 09:32:49 PM »
this is a few days old.... but  nice shoot-out in poblado in front of my gym.. i missed it by a minute, couldt figure out why my two friends from the gym were outside talking to the police, thought some idiot moto got hit by a car. turns out two venezulens tried to rob somebody and they shot back... one went  to the hospital,  other not sure  if they caught him.

Seems  like we get one or more of those every week in our mid size Georgia city. The shooters and victims typically know each other, and they, as well as their families, refuse to give any info to the cops. Unless it effects our lucrative tourism trade, to be sadly honest,  unless a (typically) white person or family is caught in the cross fire, it just goes on and on. It's like those lives don't really matter or something.

"If you seek revenge, dig two graves"-- but 2 becomes 4, then 4 becomes 16 etc.

Yeah,  crap like that has gone on since b4 those white W Virginia hillbillies, the 'Hatfields and McCoys' had their long running feud, but the slaughter, the blood in the streets nowadays and the mafia like 'omerta' code of silence that goes with it, needs to end.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 11:39:06 PM »
I’m in Houston. Murder rate is way up. The chief of police is actually resigning and taking the same job in Miami!!! MIAMI!!!! I’ll take my chances in Poblado. I was there for almost a month late last year. Never heard a single gunshot. Walked around everywhere and felt completely safe. And the police I encountered greeted me instead of being interrogated for no f$cking reason.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 11:39:06 PM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 06:35:05 AM »
The link below is to a recent podcast on Colombia...the guy being interviewed is an American journalist who has been based in Colombia for 24 years.

He talks about 2020 as being one of the lowest for homicides for urban Colombia since the 70's. He contrasts that with recent spikes in violence in the rural countryside.

https://www.americasquarterly.org/article/aq-podcast-a-tale-of-two-colombias/

But yeah 2020 in the U.S. saw a rise in murders in most big cities. Colombia went in the opposite direction...homicide rate went down overall. 

Offline cajunito

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 09:13:07 AM »
I’m in Houston. Murder rate is way up. The chief of police is actually resigning and taking the same job in Miami!!! MIAMI!!!! I’ll take my chances in Poblado. I was there for almost a month late last year. Never heard a single gunshot. Walked around everywhere and felt completely safe. And the police I encountered greeted me instead of being interrogated for no f$cking reason.
No loss to Houston.. Art Avocado ain't happy unless his fat mug is in front of a camera. He brought his Austin politics with him. Here to the west in San Antonio crime is up as well due to a feckless city administration who only seems to care about BLM and social justice chasing after "white privilege".... I'll be happy to get the f**k outta here in a year or two to retire in Colombia.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 04:28:15 PM »
well..I can se this site has been resurected again

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 07:51:24 PM »
well..I can se this site has been resurected again
Barely has a pulse

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 04:06:22 AM »
No loss to Houston.. Art Avocado ain't happy unless his fat mug is in front of a camera. He brought his Austin politics with him. Here to the west in San Antonio crime is up as well due to a feckless city administration who only seems to care about BLM and social justice chasing after "white privilege".... I'll be happy to get the f**k outta here in a year or two to retire in Colombia.

Massive increase in homicides across the USA in 2020. Hard to pin the blame on any one person or policy in a particular jurisdiction.

The pandemic shaped lots of trends in the last 12 months...hopefully the increase in homicides was a one-time blip and will start to trend down as we move back to "normal" life again.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 10:54:43 AM »
Massive increase in homicides across the USA in 2020. Hard to pin the blame on any one person or policy in a particular jurisdiction.

The pandemic shaped lots of trends in the last 12 months...hopefully the increase in homicides was a one-time blip and will start to trend down as we move back to "normal" life again.

We had two shootings again last night in our medium sized southern USA city, both in the same general area. I wasn't the least bit surprised. It was just a minor note on the 'news at noon' after a golf tournament story. They wouldn't have given it much more time if anyone had died-- just the customary "police are still investigating' and quickly showing  a telephone #, requesting tips, information.

Occasionally they'll show an interview with the victim's Mom, family, but rarely does the family reveal (even if they know) who the shooter/s were.

Then again, when a young white debutante (reputed to be involved with street drugs) from a prominent local family was shot and killed in a predominantly white neighborhood a few years back, that was ALL over the news for weeks.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 298