It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Best City in Colombia for Meeting Ladies in Public Places?  (Read 20534 times)

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Best City in Colombia for Meeting Ladies in Public Places?
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:33:36 PM »
Time for me to get moving again. Going to give Colombia another try and I plan to be there in June or July. I am pretty set on going to Cali given that I really like the Calena look as well as Salsa music.

The cities I've been to before: Barranquilla, Cali, Cartagena and Medellin.

Before I purchase my plane ticket I am debating if I should try Bogota (never been there). I am just guessing that as a huge, dense city it might be the best city in Colombia for bumping into and/or meeting women in public...? 

Yeah, I know this isn't exactly the best strategy. I will use all methods at my disposal: online, etc.

Not a fan of Bogota's colder/cloudier climate but IF there is a material difference in the number of opportunities for meeting ladies in public places: public plazas, malls, public transit, bars/restaurants, etc. I might give it a shot.

From my one time in Cali I recall that it was decent for meeting ladies in public. I did actually meet a Calena at a sidewalk cafe and we went on four dates in a week.

This blogger published a dating guide on several Colombian cities. Here is his ranking of Bogota and Cali. Yes, totally subjective and even he admits his rating of Cali is based only on five days in the city!

BOGOTA:
Attractiveness of local women: 3.5 / 5
Receptiveness to Daygame approach: 3.75 / 5
Receptiveness to Nightgame approach: 3.75 / 5
Logistics: 3 / 5 Cost: 3.5 / 5
English Levels: 2.5 / 5

CALI:
Attractiveness of local women:
3.5/5
Receptiveness to Daygame approach: 4/5
Receptiveness to Nightgame approach: 2/5
Logistics: 3.5/5 Cost: 4/5
English Levels: 2/5

This is the link to his guide on Cali. If you follow the page down to the "women" section you will see the physical type of women I like (see the girl in the middle and on the left). I am no Superman but when I see a lady like that it is like Kryptonite to me. LOL.

https://www.themasculinetraveler.com/women-cali-colombia/

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 10:38:23 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline Wildstubby

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: Best City in Colombia for Meeting Ladies in Public Places?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 07:51:14 AM »
Time for me to get moving again. Going to give Colombia another try and I plan to be there in June or July. I am pretty set on going to Cali given that I really like the Calena look as well as Salsa music.

The cities I've been to before: Barranquilla, Cali, Cartagena and Medellin.

Before I purchase my plane ticket I am debating if I should try Bogota (never been there). I am just guessing that as a huge, dense city it might be the best city in Colombia for bumping into and/or meeting women in public...? 

Yeah, I know this isn't exactly the best strategy. I will use all methods at my disposal: online, etc.

Not a fan of Bogota's colder/cloudier climate but IF there is a material difference in the number of opportunities for meeting ladies in public places: public plazas, malls, public transit, bars/restaurants, etc. I might give it a shot.

From my one time in Cali I recall that it was decent for meeting ladies in public. I did actually meet a Calena at a sidewalk cafe and we went on four dates in a week.

This blogger published a dating guide on several Colombian cities. Here is his ranking of Bogota and Cali. Yes, totally subjective and even he admits his rating of Cali is based only on five days in the city!

BOGOTA:
Attractiveness of local women: 3.5 / 5
Receptiveness to Daygame approach: 3.75 / 5
Receptiveness to Nightgame approach: 3.75 / 5
Logistics: 3 / 5 Cost: 3.5 / 5
English Levels: 2.5 / 5

CALI:
Attractiveness of local women:
3.5/5
Receptiveness to Daygame approach: 4/5
Receptiveness to Nightgame approach: 2/5
Logistics: 3.5/5 Cost: 4/5
English Levels: 2/5

This is the link to his guide on Cali. If you follow the page down to the "women" section you will see the physical type of women I like (see the girl in the middle and on the left). I am no Superman but when I see a lady like that it is like Kryptonite to me. LOL.

https://www.themasculinetraveler.com/women-cali-colombia/

Hector, this is an interesting perspective. Let me dish you some advice from my friend on the now defunct "Colombiahelp.com" website. Spend a few bucks and join Colombia Cupid. Provide some recent pictures etc. Try to make contact with women on there that appeal to you and let them know that you will be there. If stuff falls through, find another. Use it as a source of contact or meet one to maybe meet one of their friends that you might like. I have had dates with friends I met on CC. Let see if I can post the story via the 'Internet Wayback Machine'.
Read this!
https://web.archive.org/web/20160322154414/http://colombiahelp.com/reserve-date-previous-colombian-cupid-contact/

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:46:45 AM »
The only thing Bogota has going for it are sheer numbers. A ton of people live there and there are women from all over the country. Having said that it has a terrible climate and little to no appeal as a city. In the time I have spent in Bogota I have never seen the knockouts I saw in 24 hours in Mexico City (or an hour in Medellin lol).

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:46:45 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »
The only thing Bogota has going for it are sheer numbers. A ton of people live there and there are women from all over the country. Having said that it has a terrible climate and little to no appeal as a city. In the time I have spent in Bogota I have never seen the knockouts I saw in 24 hours in Mexico City (or an hour in Medellin lol).

Agreed. They are there though. MAN, ARE THEY THERE!!!

Unfortunately your best bet in Bogota are discos, clubs, bars, etc. Tons of gorgeous women. You just have to break into their cliques. You can't go out alone either. Just makes you look weird. You have to find a group. I've had a very good times and got lucky with a couple of very beautiful women there.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 09:35:08 PM »
^^Thanks guys. Appreciate the perspective. I think I'll scrap the Bogota idea and stick to Cali..

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 09:43:24 PM »
Hector, this is an interesting perspective. Let me dish you some advice from my friend on the now defunct "Colombiahelp.com" website. Spend a few bucks and join Colombia Cupid. Provide some recent pictures etc. Try to make contact with women on there that appeal to you and let them know that you will be there. If stuff falls through, find another. Use it as a source of contact or meet one to maybe meet one of their friends that you might like. I have had dates with friends I met on CC. Let see if I can post the story via the 'Internet Wayback Machine'.
Read this!
https://web.archive.org/web/20160322154414/http://colombiahelp.com/reserve-date-previous-colombian-cupid-contact/

Thanks for the link...it worked and I read the article. Good suggestion about making friends/contacts on CC which could lead to dates with other woman.

As for this part of the guy's story, "I can’t even begin to count how many times I thought she was a 6 from the profile and upon meeting in person she was a solid 9."

That part sounds like wishful thinking to me. Only happened to me once in 15 or 20 years of meeting women online. More often than not they look worse in person. I do give the guy credit for having an open mind and taking a chance on her.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 10:04:59 PM »
ja ja..

comombia cupid full.of single mothers and other losers

the Colombians all.know only the desperate women go.search for gringos on thode sites.

yeah you can find a good one..maybe 1nin a 1000 on those cupido sites

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »
Thanks for the link...it worked and I read the article. Good suggestion about making friends/contacts on CC which could lead to dates with other woman.

As for this part of the guy's story, "I can’t even begin to count how many times I thought she was a 6 from the profile and upon meeting in person she was a solid 9."

That part sounds like wishful thinking to me. Only happened to me once in 15 or 20 years of meeting women online. More often than not they look worse in person. I do give the guy credit for having an open mind and taking a chance on her.

you got that right..all the cell.phone cameras have foto shop built in now a days.. So.many times a woman looks gorgeous in the Cupido fotos..meet her in real.life..a real "Sea Hag" as CP would say..

But there is the 1 in a 1000 if you wa uuuna waste the time.

ras have foto shop.b

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 08:07:06 AM »
Hector_Lavoe quoted and said:

You are probably correct, but this was written in 2011. With the advent of WhatsApp and Skype, you can ally these fears. But also use those connections for a springboard to somebody with a friend. Don't ever look a gifted-horse in the mouth, but likewise, don't overlook any opportunities. Go in with an open mind!

Elexpatriado said:
comombia cupid full.of single mothers and other losers

the Colombians all.know only the desperate women go.search for gringos on thode sites.

yeah you can find a good one..maybe 1nin a 1000 on those cupido sites
Really Elex? Who in the hell made you the self proclaimed 'Director of Colombianas'? Your negativity does you no good! It seems any woman, (except the one you are currently dating) is a self-proclaimed prepago puta! According to your own documentation that you are quite the world traveler but that all the women are the same. It seems to me that there is only one common denominator in that equation!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 09:44:45 AM »
Hector_Lavoe quoted and said:You are probably correct, but this was written in 2011. With the advent of WhatsApp and Skype, you can ally these fears. But also use those connections for a springboard to somebody with a friend. Don't ever look a gifted-horse in the mouth, but likewise, don't overlook any opportunities. Go in with an open mind!

Elexpatriado said:Really Elex? Who in the hell made you the self proclaimed 'Director of Colombianas'? Your negativity does you no good! It seems any woman, (except the one you are currently dating) is a self-proclaimed prepago puta! According to your own documentation that you are quite the world traveler but that all the women are the same. It seems to me that there is only one common denominator in that equation!

the Colombians all know it man...you gotta live here awhile and talk to.people..ln their native language

wake up and smell the coffee...

Maybe 1 in a 1000 is an exageration..but at best 1 in 10

but Cupid sites are NOT the best place to find a good woman..especially in Medellin.

Better to do cold approach with waitresses and women working in stores etc., or better yet...introduction from friends

But I will admit you can realky crank up the numbers with online dating

And yes if you can get frieds on Cuoid or Facebook, they can introduce you to their friends
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 09:52:44 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 10:00:29 AM »
Hector_Lavoe quoted and said:You are probably correct, but this was written in 2011. With the advent of WhatsApp and Skype, you can ally these fears. But also use those connections for a springboard to somebody with a friend. Don't ever look a gifted-horse in the mouth, but likewise, don't overlook any opportunities. Go in with an open mind!

Elexpatriado said:Really Elex? Who in the hell made you the self proclaimed 'Director of Colombianas'? Your negativity does you no good! It seems any woman, (except the one you are currently dating) is a self-proclaimed prepago puta! According to your own documentation that you are quite the world traveler but that all the women are the same. It seems to me that there is only one common denominator in that equation!

Oh, comeon, WildStubby---be fair! Elex knows all too well that things have changed, how even in  Colombia, it's become harder to get laid for the price of a "ham sandwich"---and besides, ham sandwiches aren't available in a lot of places, so there you go, debunked. LOL...
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »
I got "special permission" to publish a story about a Gringo who hooked up with a Colombiana from Cupido recently.

A real "classic" story..

A guy on this site knows him.

Guy about 50 years old..did a WOVO..

from Montana...guess he was tired of shaggin sheep

Met the girl on the Cupid site...a 20 yo estrato 1 type..communicated with her with Google translate..she doesnt speak a Word of English..him.not a Word of Spanish.

Came down to Medellin..first thing he does is marry her..

She is a heavy drinker and smoker..Colombian girls who knew her said she is a "perra"... she has an obvious "cara de puta"

The guys family disowned him for marrying her..

Everybody , Colombians and Gringos think hes an idiot..

but he is in "Love"..say they are all "Jealous"..

Think I would prefer "Daisy" the sheep back in the hills of Montana..

https://youtu.be/B94lP-fZyLk
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:43:10 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »
That reminds me..

I am sure guys have flew into Medellin from Armenia..I once met a girl on Cupido who met a guy from Kashmir there..

He few all the way to Medellin to spend a week there..

What is the favorite dating animal there?.Camel? Elephant?Sacred Cow?

Imagine who and what you are having second hand sex with
when you date a girl you met on Cupid.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 11:23:49 AM »
There certainly are big negatives associated with the cupido sites but I have dated some I met there who genuinely wanted to get married, or at least move in (unfortunately they weren't what I was looking for). So I would say they're worth a short membership before your trip. Chat some up before you come down but be sure you get in some video face time with them to make sure they're real and sufficiently interested to make the effort. Even if they don't indicate it in their profile you should ask if they have kids as they might come clean on that one in a verbal conversation. I imagine you already have it but if not be sure and download WhatsApp. It is now indispensable in Cali. 
Hermosamente feliz

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 01:11:27 PM »
There certainly are big negatives associated with the cupido sites but I have dated some I met there who genuinely wanted to get married, or at least move in (unfortunately they weren't what I was looking for). So I would say they're worth a short membership before your trip. Chat some up before you come down but be sure you get in some video face time with them to make sure they're real and sufficiently interested to make the effort. Even if they don't indicate it in their profile you should ask if they have kids as they might come clean on that one in a verbal conversation. I imagine you already have it but if snot be sure and download WhatsApp. It is now indispensable in Cali.

It's all a numbers game. Given you've sorted through that, and having allowed enough TIME, and learned through experience to be objective and get enough information, information that seems to indicate long term compatibilty, in addition to  handling the testostrone/emotionally driven bias inherent in the process, you just 'might' have a chance....

Too many guys see and believe only what they WANT to and ignore other very significant signs.

We see too many guys who after 2 or 3 months chatting, camming some hot babe, go down, spend maybe a couple weeks with her in some resort setting akin in reality to Disney World, and then,  decide to marry her based on that.

Some babe who if she's not 'out of his league' already, once he brings her to the USA, her face (and figure) value is going to increase exponentially. Then, she can't speak good English, can't get a good job here--and if she could, guys might get in line to 'hit on her. But she'll still become a 'material girl' so the guy better be able to cover the spread.

And boys, she WILL come to realize her suddenly elevated desirabiliy status here. Even my wife long ago did, but thankfully, she had (has) her head screwed on very well, with good value system then and still retains that now.

That said, it doesn't stop her from occasionally verbally reminding me, when I've pissed her off royally, that she can 'make her own way'---in fact, her closest friend has a free place for her to stay in toney,  West Palm Beach, along with a better paying job than her current job---just down gold lined A1A, in Boca Raton, FL-- which is no slum either. Amazingly, my wife has never told ANYONE, not her own family, not her two closest friends, anything about "our own, personal marital business."

While we'll never know what the percentage of these, of our marriages that crash and burn within a few year's time--very few of the many 'crash and burn' self victims, come back, tail---errr, 'dick' between their legs, and tell the 'rest of the story'. --but I'd bet it's a disturbingly high percentage.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »
It's all a numbers game. Given you've sorted through that, and having allowed enough TIME, and learned through experience to be objective and get enough information, information that seems to indicate long term compatibilty, in addition to  handling the testostrone/emotionally driven bias inherent in the process, you just 'might' have a chance....

Too many guys see and believe only what they WANT to and ignore other very significant signs.

We see too many guys who after 2 or 3 months chatting, camming some hot babe, go down, spend maybe a couple weeks with her in some resort setting akin in reality to Disney World, and then,  decide to marry her based on that.

Some babe who if she's not 'out of his league' already, once he brings her to the USA, her face (and figure) value is going to increase exponentially. Then, she can't speak good English, can't get a good job here--and if she could, guys might get in line to 'hit on her. But she'll still become a 'material girl' so the guy better be able to cover the spread.

And boys, she WILL come to realize her suddenly elevated desirabiliy status here. Even my wife long ago did, but thankfully, she had (has) her head screwed on very well, with good value system then and still retains that now.

That said, it doesn't stop her from occasionally verbally reminding me, when I've pissed her off royally, that she can 'make her own way'---in fact, her closest friend has a free place for her to stay in toney,  West Palm Beach, along with a better paying job than her current job---just down gold lined A1A, in Boca Raton, FL-- which is no slum either. Amazingly, my wife has never told ANYONE, not her own family, not her two closest friends, anything about "our own, personal marital business."

While we'll never know what the percentage of these, of our marriages that crash and burn within a few year's time--very few of the many 'crash and burn' self victims, come back, tail---errr, 'dick' between their legs, and tell the 'rest of the story'. --but I'd bet it's a disturbingly high percentage.

And for those among us who don't have the time, as has been suggested here by several members--just go ahead and sign on with the "pay by the hour" plan!

Offline benjio

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 01:24:00 PM »
I've met decent women on Cupido while living in Colombia. Few and far between I'll admit, but the scammers tend to shy away from gringos when you communicate with them for the first time and at most you're a 2 hour flight away from them. Sort of makes it hard for them make up stories when you can hop on a plane on any given Friday and be with them the same Friday Night. If things get serious enough I'd even suggest a few surprise visits. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get in touch with a girl after the first phone call telling her you just got to town and you missed her so much you just have to see her right now. I met girls on LatinEuro as well. Probably one of the most beautiful women I'll ever date. Beauty Queen from Neiva. 100% genuine and loved my dirty underwear. Only reason we're not married is because of me and the insecurities I used to have. The insecurities that men develop when they date Colombianas and have unrealistic expectations. I've told the story on here several times. No need to repeat it.

The point is the method that you choose to meet women has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of girl you end up with. That's always your choice! Just don't be stupid....and get down there as fast and as often as possible. Obviously living there increases your chances for success exponentially. But if you can't live there it's still very possible. Most of the women I met while living in Bogota/Barranquilla/Pereira weren't worth my time. A lot of party girls. Some desperate single Moms. Some prepagos that attempted to hide their true intentions with terms of endearment and great sex. But at that point I wasn't only slow to trust any woman I didn't know well. I also simply knew better.

Prepagos and Interesadas should be the least of your concerns. They are easy to spot. Wanna clue? THEY ASK FOR $HIT!!!! Usually not routine or cheap $hit, and usually very soon after meeting you. Maybe online. Maybe even on the first date. They are always rainy day women. Something's always wrong. There's always a problem that can't be solved without you coughing up a few million pesos. The real challenge is the women that never ask for anything. Those that work....are educated...come from good families. Because when you figure out they're not golddigers you automatically assume you may have found a keeper. But then all those other little nuances associated with dating a Colombiana reveal themselves: Insane jealousy, issues with body image (constantly wanting unnecessary plastic surgeries), absolutely no economic sense or any sense of the value of money, a dedication to their families that's bound to cost you tons of money if you're in a committed relationship with her. Allowing others people's opinions to influence the way she thinks. And my all time favorite...rape victims of family members in their youth. Which inherently comes with tons of mental and emotional issues I don't even want to get into. And that last one might sound like a rarity. But if you think so you haven't met enough women in Colombia. I'd go as far as to say it happens more often than not. ESPECIALLY ALONG THE COAST!!!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 02:04:14 PM »
The best city? A point worth discussion no doubt. But--and I have an admitted bias, in that it's what happened for me--call it fate, fortune or as i'm inclined to say--my own dumb luck'--but she could be in, or raised out in the country side.

My wife was born and raised in a small barangay--a village. Came from a large, close knit family. Both parents college educated. No sexual molestation, but they had an amazingly open mind about sexuality, including accepting gay villagers, those people who decided to be, dress and act as the sex 'opposite' to what they were born with. Jokes,  sexual inuendoes, nudity--things  that'd shock many so called 'conservative' North Americans, bring a healthy chuckle where she comes from.

Well aware of beauty and celebity, (actually they embrace it too much) sure, they'd love to look like Beyonce or Penelope Cruze, etc. But in maybe an odd sort of way--while they know about plastic surgery 'options'--deep inside, they feel it would be an affront to who they really are--namely a reflection of their parents and of the bodies God gave them.

But once she and her siblings were 16 y/o, and deemed able to handle it, they were allowed to go to the big city, to get a college education. Most of them have stayed in the city, working in professional capacties, my wife with Coca Cola as a computer engineer, her baby sister's with Pepsi Cola. A few took their degrees and skills abroad---one's in Dubai, another in Japan,  another is a Merchant Mariner brother,  making great money. He's seen the world repeatedly,  with a lovely wife and two kids back in his home port.

But regardless, the best woman is right where you find her and make a wise decision about.

Sure, it's still a numbers game and you can improve your odds, but it's not so much about the where as it is about the who and what she really is.

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 02:30:24 PM »
I've met decent women on Cupido while living in Colombia. Few and far between I'll admit, but the scammers tend to shy away from gringos when you communicate with them for the first time and at most you're a 2 hour flight away from them. Sort of makes it hard for them make up stories when you can hop on a plane on any given Friday and be with them the same Friday Night. If things get serious enough I'd even suggest a few surprise visits. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get in touch with a girl after the first phone call telling her you just got to town and you missed her so much you just have to see her right now. I met girls on LatinEuro as well. Probably one of the most beautiful women I'll ever date. Beauty Queen from Neiva. 100% genuine and loved my dirty underwear. Only reason we're not married is because of me and the insecurities I used to have. The insecurities that men develop when they date Colombianas and have unrealistic expectations. I've told the story on here several times. No need to repeat it.

The point is the method that you choose to meet women has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of girl you end up with. That's always your choice! Just don't be stupid....and get down there as fast and as often as possible. Obviously living there increases your chances for success exponentially. But if you can't live there it's still very possible. Most of the women I met while living in Bogota/Barranquilla/Pereira weren't worth my time. A lot of party girls. Some desperate single Moms. Some prepagos that attempted to hide their true intentions with terms of endearment and great sex. But at that point I wasn't only slow to trust any woman I didn't know well. I also simply knew better.

Prepagos and Interesadas should be the least of your concerns. They are easy to spot. Wanna clue? THEY ASK FOR $HIT!!!! Usually not routine or cheap $hit, and usually very soon after meeting you. Maybe online. Maybe even on the first date. They are always rainy day women. Something's always wrong. There's always a problem that can't be solved without you coughing up a few million pesos. The real challenge is the women that never ask for anything. Those that work....are educated...come from good families. Because when you figure out they're not golddigers you automatically assume you may have found a keeper. But then all those other little nuances associated with dating a Colombiana reveal themselves: Insane jealousy, issues with body image (constantly wanting unnecessary plastic surgeries), absolutely no economic sense or any sense of the value of money, a dedication to their families that's bound to cost you tons of money if you're in a committed relationship with her. Allowing others people's opinions to influence the way she thinks. And my all time favorite...rape victims of family members in their youth. Which inherently comes with tons of mental and emotional issues I don't even want to get into. And that last one might sound like a rarity. But if you think so you haven't met enough women in Colombia. I'd go as far as to say it happens more often than not. ESPECIALLY ALONG THE COAST!!!

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head! I don't care what country you are looking at, you are going to find scammers at no end! But you don't know what is going on inside of their heads until you talk them up a little. Personally, I didn't mind if she had a kid. I just didn't want anymore. I have had good luck on Cupid, (without the use of a ham sandwich!). That is why I use it. Whatever site works for you, use it! There are some that were compatible, others weren't but I am still friends with them. The point is women are not just going to flock to you because you sit in the park and put up a sign that says "Gringo Here!----->" Contact them, chat with them (via video) then make a determination whether it is worthwhile to persue

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 02:47:01 PM »
And be it in the city, country side, the street, farm  the malls, the clubs---online etc. , as Wayne---"The  Great" Gretsky said :

"You miss 100% of the shots you DON'T take"

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 03:18:51 PM »
Robert angel said:
And be it in the city, country side, the street, farm  the malls, the clubs---online etc. , as Wayne---"The  Great" Gretsky said :

"You miss 100% of the shots you DON'T take"
Verdad! :))

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 04:19:11 PM »
Its not the interesadas (gold diggers) or prepagos you have to worry about...yeah ..quite obvious

Its the STEALTH gold diggers and prepagos..

The ones that sneak and slither in..and manilupulate..rather than asking.out right..

The ones who are expert manipulators of men..because they have been doing it their whole life.

The same ones with post.traumatic past due to rape and physical abuse...

with the body image issues and  cosmetic surgery junkies..

The Narcisists...
https://youtu.be/PI9sDusL-sY

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:25:05 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline benjio

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »
Its not the interesadas (gold diggers) or prepagos you have to worry about...yeah ..quite obvious

Its the STEALTH gold diggers and prepagos..

The ones that sneak and slither in..and manilupulate..rather than asking.out right..

The ones who are expert manipulators of men..because they have been doing it their whole life.

The same ones with post.traumatic past due to rape and physical abuse...

with the body image issues and  cosmetic surgery junkies..

The Narcisists...
https://youtu.be/PI9sDusL-sY

If you have a policy not to do anything outside of reason for a woman while you're courting her, and until you get to know her VERY well, why would these women be an issue for you? You'll have to give me some personal experiences Elex because I just don't understand. I'm not talking about guys that choose to ignore red flags and are willing to pay for beauty. They make their own beds and lie in them with very attractive women. I don't feel sorry for those guys. As a matter of fact when a guy first starts traveling to Latin America to find a wife I encourage that behavior. Get it out of your system!!! But perhaps the conniving Colombiana mind has evolved since I've left.

While I lived there even the most cunning girls...those that would buy minutes on their cel just to call and tell you "te amo." Those that would #$%& your brains out every night like you were both on a plane hurdling towards the Earth at 500 mph from 35,000 feet. Those that buy you gifts instead of asking for anything (until they finally do). Those that introduce you to their families. Those that study and hardly ever go out (as far as you know). In the end...they all reveal their true motives with one, single request for help. Girls in Colombia either assume or know for a fact you have disposable income. The type of woman you're talking about always eventually makes some small request to test you. Then if you say "yes," some big request to see how far they can take it. If you say no to either and set that precedent, THEY ALL GO APE [snip] CRAZY!!! IT NEVER FAILS!! They never say they understand, or they'll find the money some place else. After all they work they've put into you, they expect a pay off. And when it doesn't happen, they feel as if they've been jipped. They usually start screaming, throwing things. Calling you selfish. Telling you there are dozens of other men that would give them the money. IT NEVER FAILS!!! Every single time that's what happens. I've been through it a dozen times. Then they delete me as a friend on Facebook and block my number. It's almost like they have a check list for this BS. And they always call back after a while. May even be months later. But if you're smart, you'll be with another girl and let her answer the phone. That's what I used to do! LOL!!!! The trick is sticking to your guns. Don't give these girls money until you know it's the real thing, without a doubt. And at that point, you'll be volunteering it. Not fulfilling a request for it.

Now on the other hand. A girl that likes you. One that really likes you...she may get annoyed. She may be disappointed. But she's not going crazy on you because you didn't give her money. In most cases those girls won't even ask. Even if they do find themselves in dire straits they won't even tell you what's going on. Those girls don't want you to think they are the type like Elex is describing. So most of them would rather starve. Again, something I've been through several times in Colombia.

I thought this was common knowledge. Perhaps I should write a book. LMAO!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:01:53 PM by benjio »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »

Offline benjio

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 07:06:07 PM »
And by the way Elex, the type of woman you're talking about are always working other guys. Even if they're good. They don't answer their phones. Or they're missing for a night or two. It never fails. You have to literally be ignoring every single red flag being thrown at you. These women aren't hard to figure out. I know strippers in the U.S. that juggle men like racquetballs and never miss a beat. The average Colombiana simply doesn't have the critical thinking, organization or planning skills. Their skill is drop dead beauty, which simply makes most men dumb. INCLUDING MYSELF!!!

When my ex girlfriend used to visit me here in the U.S. people couldn't believe she was with me. What made it more unbelievable is her family is filthy rich. But that was my destiny when it comes down to it. Because I stopped giving women money. I just wouldn't do it. The only thing left for me was a chick that didn't need a dime from me!!!!

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2018, 07:09:33 PM »
@Buencamino: Yes, I am a frequent user of WhatsApp

You can't go out alone either. Just makes you look weird.

I'd be curious to hear what others with experience in Colombia think of going it alone at night in a bar or club, etc. I went out solo on a Sat night in Barranquilla and it wasn't the end of the world. I got a few numbers. Went out the next day with one of the ladies I met.

In an ideal world, I'd roll into the bar or club with a well connected group of people that would make it easy to mingle....but that isn't going to happen.

I do know one Colombiano who lives in Cali. Met him in BQ but he reminds me a bit of a Colombian George Costanza. Jaja. Real nice guy...just not sure he will lead me to a mother load of Colombiana beauties.

Ultimately, daytime is better for approaching women for a lot of reasons but I may not have any better options than trying the bars/clubs in Cali solo.

I could try AirBnB. Maybe the host would connect me to some social/nightlife? Or is it possible to join one of those crazy Chivas Party buses they have in Cali?  I am guessing those are for private parties anyway...not really somethng you can just join as a solo traveler?   
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:11:58 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864