It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Bogota trip report  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Thebatman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Bogota trip report
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:17:16 AM »
Last summer, around June 2015 I decided to try Latin American Introductions....called LAI..... again, they are a very solid, family owned agency in Bogota. They have a hotel, but I stayed in a nice hotel in Park 93. I did not pay by cita, to me that is weird. I did pay for a week of introductions, I recall about $400 for the week, and met about four girls a day.

Now, the girl setting up the calls is Judith a terrific lady, but she does not speak English. That's okay for me since I speak Spanish, but for other guys that would not work.

I met a ton of really nice ladies, all the meetups were for coffee or a drink, never for a meal. I met one woman I really liked, we will call her C. C. Is a hostess in a restaurant in a top hotel. We clicked, so I came back a month later and spent a week with her in a park 93 hotel. It went well, so I went back again for another week, in a top Bogota hotel. It had a rooftop indoor pool, so I swam all day while she worked. We went out to eat a lot.....the food in Bogota is simply killer, really great stuff and not too expensive. The food is my favorite part of the city after the babes.

That week went well.....until the end of the week when she kind of gave Me an ultimatum.....if you want me to come to the US, you must promise to marry me. I really liked her, but I was honest and said I had no guarantees for her. So we decided to part as friends, but of course, we are not friends since I have written her on what's app, and not heard from her.

C. Was close to a gold digger, but in a nice way. I feel like she liked me pretty much for my dinero and the chance to go to the USA and get a green card. But most agency girls are like that. You have to go in with your eyes open. I just didn't want to pull the trigger. But I had 2 great weeks in Bogota with a hot blonde Chick in her thirties...I am pushing 60.

Overall, I think Bogota is the best place for me since I like the women there, and also like LAI a lot, the owner Nelson....and father Charlie.....are top notch dudes who speak English since they lived in the USA once, tho they are from Colombia. I will go back to them very soon, and start again. I have had great times with the Bogota babes, and LAI is the way to go. The weather is not medellin weather, it's rainy, cold......and the traffic sucks.....but the girls are pretty and smart.

Good luck guys.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
Re: Bogota trip report
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 06:18:42 PM »
Thanks for the post batman. Good choice. When a women gives you the ultimatum to marry her after knowing her only 2 weeks its time to run. As far and fast as you can.

This applies in any case, but even more so if you are sure she is after you for a green card and $plata$

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:20:03 PM »

That week went well.....until the end of the week when she kind of gave Me an ultimatum.....if you want me to come to the US, you must promise to marry me. I really liked her, but I was honest and said I had no guarantees for her. So we decided to part as friends, but of course, we are not friends since I have written her on what's app, and not heard from her.

C. Was close to a gold digger, but in a nice way. I feel like she liked me pretty much for my dinero and the chance to go to the USA and get a green card. But most agency girls are like that. You have to go in with your eyes open. I just didn't want to pull the trigger. But I had 2 great weeks in Bogota with a hot blonde Chick in her thirties...I am pushing 60.

Good luck guys.

I think that's where the OP got tripped up ..... in his head.  His 'date' could probably sense that and 'went in for the kill'

I think it's always risky to 'show a gal too much of a good time' in the initial stages ...  thebatman may have had a good time from his POV but in reality he was being played. 
In this youtube video this Colombiana (Ana) talks about how to deal with (date) a Latin woman....
Basically she makes the following points:
o   [/font]If you’re with Latin women you have to ask for what you want. o   [/font]She is not going to totally reject you – she will not reject a gentleman.  o   [/font]If you fall for a Latina, she will try to control you.
o   [/font]Don’t be too soft, be dominant in a gentlemanly way that you make it clear so she knows that your stuff is your stuff and you will not allow her to go into your wallet, phone, email etc.   o   [/font]Guys can be very naive with Latin women, once the Latina knows how to make a guy fall in love with her.
httwww.youtube.com/watch?v=FfkcFM5RdyM&index=3&list=PLPcZhHhb77TydttGPB4vyu5Va2PAnAN9K

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:20:03 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:27:11 AM »
Last summer, around June 2015 I decided to try Latin American Introductions....called LAI..... again, they are a very solid, family owned agency in Bogota. They have a hotel, but I stayed in a nice hotel in Park 93. I did not pay by cita, to me that is weird. I did pay for a week of introductions, I recall about $400 for the week, and met about four girls a day.

Now, the girl setting up the calls is Judith a terrific lady, but she does not speak English. That's okay for me since I speak Spanish, but for other guys that would not work.

I met a ton of really nice ladies, all the meetups were for coffee or a drink, never for a meal. I met one woman I really liked, we will call her C. C. Is a hostess in a restaurant in a top hotel. We clicked, so I came back a month later and spent a week with her in a park 93 hotel. It went well, so I went back again for another week, in a top Bogota hotel. It had a rooftop indoor pool, so I swam all day while she worked. We went out to eat a lot.....the food in Bogota is simply killer, really great stuff and not too expensive. The food is my favorite part of the city after the babes.

Overall, I think Bogota is the best place for me since I like the women there, and also like LAI a lot, the owner Nelson....and father Charlie.....are top notch dudes who speak English since they lived in the USA once, tho they are from Colombia. I will go back to them very soon, and start again. I have had great times with the Bogota babes, and LAI is the way to go. The weather is not medellin weather, it's rainy, cold......and the traffic sucks.....but the girls are pretty and smart.

Good luck guys.

Keep looking on for your right Robin, Good luck :)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »
thanks for report and up to date info.

all in all it sounds like you had a pretty good experience...obviously there are plenty of other ladies.  Do you intend on going back to Bogota, and using that agency again?

Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 09:56:05 AM »
Great report sir!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 04:57:54 PM »
LAI is where I met my wife. We have been married for 8 years now and still going strong. Alot of quality ladies in Bogota if you are looking for the educated city girl type. Nelson was a great help to me all thru the process even when I was getting married. They are still around so they must be doing something right.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 10:56:15 PM »
From the woman's point of view she may have felt she had a really good job or at least one she didn't want to lose. While he only made a couple of trips they likely communicated daily for a long time. She may very well have been tied in emotionally because of that. If she had a B2 she most definitely would be worried about staying 5 or 6 months and losing it. Those rumors fly around Bogota. She may have been a gold digger, but based on what I read I can only say for sure that she is a woman looking for a commitment. And that's not a bad thing. If I really liked her and was open to settling down I would have told her I saw our relationship headed to marriage. It wouldn't be a lie and she'd read into that what she likes. If the relationship goes off the tracks then of course you aren't marrying her even if you promise. Sometimes it just takes some tact. These women have their hearts on their sleeve and we guys probably could be less literal.

Or she could be a gold digger. But still man... where is the evidence of that?
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 05:37:00 AM »
 ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:01:14 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 06:02:53 AM »
From the woman's point of view she may have felt she had a really good job or at least one she didn't want to lose. While he only made a couple of trips they likely communicated daily for a long time. She may very well have been tied in emotionally because of that. If she had a B2 she most definitely would be worried about staying 5 or 6 months and losing it. Those rumors fly around Bogota. She may have been a gold digger, but based on what I read I can only say for sure that she is a woman looking for a commitment. And that's not a bad thing. If I really liked her and was open to settling down I would have told her I saw our relationship headed to marriage. It wouldn't be a lie and she'd read into that what she likes. If the relationship goes off the tracks then of course you aren't marrying her even if you promise. Sometimes it just takes some tact. These women have their hearts on their sleeve and we guys probably could be less literal.

Or she could be a gold digger. But still man... where is the evidence of that?
The way I read it she gave him an ultimatum. i.e. marry me now or never.If  you said "yes"than tried to make excuses later, you wouuld be string her along and not truthful with her.

Two weeks isnt any time to get to know a person, and despite what people say, SKYPE every day, though very commendable, isnt like face to face communication.

Ive been with my latest GF here over 4 months now and there is no talk of marriage. Heck I am just going to meet her family the first time next week.
But then I am in Colombia and not in the US and feeling some kind of urgency to get somone (anyone)  into the country on a,K2 (or whatever sorry dont know your system) visa
Also, we dont knw the whole story. If the OP feels she is gold digging him, or after a Visa, we have to take his word for it. It is his gut feeling.

Offline Thebatman

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 09:24:54 AM »
It seems a few more details would be helpful. I was with her last fall, and she had a contract with her hotel job that lasted til Dec. 31. She was going to then leave and come live with me in the USA. But, she said she wanted to know if I was going to marry her, before she would come with me.

She was looking for security, for a guarantee. I guess I am just too honest a person to say anything but the truth. Fact is, I really liked her, and we got along great; but it would have taken longer for me to say yes, I want marriage. I could have strung her along. But I didn't, I told her what was on my mind. That turned out to end it.

I have no regrets! We had a good time together, and it reinforced what I know....that Women from Bogota really click with me, and I will be going back as soon as I can and work with LAI again (plus anyone I meet on C Cupid).

I also learned that 2 weeks is not enough time....I really need to get to know a girl more, and so it looks like I will need to devote more time to living in Bogota to really get to know a girl. Bogota is kind of a mess of a city, but that's where the babes are that I like, so I will just have to deal with it. I can't bring anyone back here till I spend a lot of time with her to see what she is really like.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 10:30:05 AM »
You can certainly see both sides. It's great that you made multiple trips before deciding, even if she forced the hand a bit. Better sooner than later her doing so I suppose, especially knowing she went from hot to cold so fast after you didn't cough up an immediate 'yes'. But I imagine her job wasn't one people already into their thirties automatically walk into, so she was looking for more than a possible promise--for security. But it's beyond wise that you didn't run right into it. These things, namely "marriage", aren't jiffy quick pancake recipes. Too easy all the way 'in' can make for a hard way 'out' down the line. I imagine you have some sort of retirement and think about what could possibly happen if you got married and then she suddenly found it convenient and profitable, to pursue divorce. I can see my retirement in the not so distant future and I'd hate to go from comfortable to having to go back to work, after many years of work and becoming eligible to leave.

Sounds like the women in Bogata might be a bit more cerebral, logical and work oriented than in other some other places. Those are traits I admire, but having my cake and wanting to eat it too, I also like what a rural, traditional (while educated) background also can bring to a relationship. My wife, while educated, really likes to keep things simple, avoiding dramas and I am forever thankful for that and her quickness to forgive.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
Sounds like the women in Bogata might be a bit more cerebral, logical and work oriented than in other some other places.

I'd absolutely agree....at least from my experience. Generalizations are never 100% true in all cases but there's something to be said for the stereotypes associated with women in the different regions of Colombia.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats