It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Rampage: Bogota, Colombia  (Read 10041 times)

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Rampage: Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »

Exactly! I'll pull more hot chicks in Baffin Island than most losers can pull in Colombia.  And guys who are worried about what kinds of women are walking around shopping malls or walking down the street are mostly just creepers anyway.  They just want to sit around and "people watch", they have no game.  If I go to Uruguay or Baffin Island I'm not going to creep out on women walking around a shopping mall, I'm going to go where the hot chicks hang out at.

"If I go"? This is starting to sound like Kramer and the levels he was going to construct in his apartment.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 10:48:45 PM by utopiacowboy »

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 11:19:02 AM »
I gotta be honest...I would never assume I could go to a Colombian club with no money and depend on other people to get me hammered. That's pretty impressive.

Zero effort dude, it's the easiest thing in the world.  Pretty much if I start talking to some people who have a bottle of guaro/whiskey/tequila at their table they're automatically going to offer me a couple of shots.  And as long as I keep them entertained, they keep feeding me alcohol.  It's a win-win situation.

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »

Zero effort dude, it's the easiest thing in the world.  Pretty much if I start talking to some people who have a bottle of guaro/whiskey/tequila at their table they're automatically going to offer me a couple of shots.  And as long as I keep them entertained, they keep feeding me alcohol.  It's a win-win situation.

I can agree w/ this. That club I went to in Bogota, I had a few people offer me drinks. It wasn't that hard. if you're cool and engaging people will offer you drinks. It's a welcome to my country salude type of thing

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 11:39:50 AM »

I can agree w/ this. That club I went to in Bogota, I had a few people offer me drinks. It wasn't that hard. if you're cool and engaging people will offer you drinks. It's a welcome to my country salude type of thing

Regardless of the city, I'm usually too busy drinking my own bottle. Guess I've never given that method any thought or effort. Probably never will. One thing I always want to be in complete control of in Latin America is what I'm drinking.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 12:13:51 PM »

Regardless of the city, I'm usually too busy drinking my own bottle. Guess I've never given that method any thought or effort. Probably never will. One thing I always want to be in complete control of in Latin America is what I'm drinking.

Yea whatever you do, DO NOT try out this method in Discoteca Farenheit in Medellin.  As long as you're not in a sketchy place and you're with some people you get good vibes from you shouldn't have to worry about your drink.  Now you do have to actually be able to tell the difference between a sketchy situation and non sketchy situation, but that's up to each individual.

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 12:52:09 PM »

Yea whatever you do, DO NOT try out this method in Discoteca Farenheit in Medellin.  As long as you're not in a sketchy place and you're with some people you get good vibes from you shouldn't have to worry about your drink.  Now you do have to actually be able to tell the difference between a sketchy situation and non sketchy situation, but that's up to each individual.

I have a rule for that. "if I have to question it, there's no questioning it"

Offline AndyLee

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 01:28:40 PM »
i´ve always had trouble breaking into that group thing. When a few colombianos show up with their girlfriends it is hit or miss whether I can invite myself to the soiree. almost always there is an alfa guy in the group and it is him that I have to impress. otherwise, I can kiss my chances goodby and move on to the next table.
 Sometimes there will be a colombian guy who wants to kick ass and considers an american fair game. Other times, the colombian guy wants to impress his girl that he can have an intelligent conversation with a gringo. That´s different. Then I can expect the glad handing and free drinks bit. But that only lasts a while, then it´s back to the rich gringo (me) buying drinks for the table.
That´s just not my style. I´m like Benjio, I´d rather nurse my own bottle and invite select ones to join me rather than be the happy handed easy pocket free drinks guy for the night.
Quite frankly, it is not easy to break in on groups here. If you had lived here a while and stacked up some experiences you would know that. They are clannish and protective of their girls. They like your free drinks, but they don´t want you touching their daughter or their neighbors daughter or their cousin or whatever. Be careful.
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »
i´ve always had trouble breaking into that group thing. When a few colombianos show up with their girlfriends it is hit or miss whether I can invite myself to the soiree. almost always there is an alfa guy in the group and it is him that I have to impress. otherwise, I can kiss my chances goodby and move on to the next table.
 Sometimes there will be a colombian guy who wants to kick ass and considers an american fair game. Other times, the colombian guy wants to impress his girl that he can have an intelligent conversation with a gringo. That´s different. Then I can expect the glad handing and free drinks bit. But that only lasts a while, then it´s back to the rich gringo (me) buying drinks for the table.
That´s just not my style. I´m like Benjio, I´d rather nurse my own bottle and invite select ones to join me rather than be the happy handed easy pocket free drinks guy for the night.
Quite frankly, it is not easy to break in on groups here. If you had lived here a while and stacked up some experiences you would know that. They are clannish and protective of their girls. They like your free drinks, but they don´t want you touching their daughter or their neighbors daughter or their cousin or whatever. Be careful.

You and I've had drastically different experiences apparently.  I find it harder NOT to "break into" groups at clubs in Colombia.  But I don't go out unless I'm already with some Colombians anyway, so technically I really do absolutely nothing as far as "breaking into" anything.  I just show up looking good with my crew, start getting tipsy, start dancing little by little, and just let nature take it's course.  The people I'm with initiate all the mixing and mingling and I just go with the flow.  And all this "clannish protective" stuff I'm not witnessing that either.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 04:48:56 PM »

But I don't go out unless I'm already with some Colombians anyway, so technically I really do absolutely nothing as far as "breaking into" anything.  I just show up looking good with my crew, start getting tipsy, start dancing little by little, and just let nature take it's course. 

Yeah..I think we're on the same page Awesome. I've had better luck mingling with strangers in clubs and bars along the coast and in the Coffee Triangle. In Pereira I was usually out with other English Tutors and Students so there was always someone I knew that knew someone else. Costeños get really friendly when they've had a few. I can't tell you how many times some drunk Barranquillero I just met hours earlier had his arm around me telling me his life story with slurred speech and horrible beer breathe. In the clubs along the coast it usually happens naturally because you have a table next to another group and everyone just ends up talking. The only liquor being given away is if I have a bottle of Old Parr/Medellin and they have a bottle of Aguardiente (I actually don't like the stuff but I'll shoot it once in a while) and we want to swap a shot or two. I'm trying to think pretty hard but I don't think any stranger has ever offered me a shot from their bottle in any club in Colombia. I might be wrong. Memory gets foggy when you're talking about half drunk club experiences.

I can most definitely say that groups of people clubbing in Bogota are a tad less friendly. I was there for months at a time between 2011 and 2012 and tended to go out every weekend. I've never been one to sit in a hotel room if I'm in a safe area of the world. The only times I ended up mingling with groups of people I didn't know was when someone I was with knew someone in the other group. And Andy is right....as friendly as a Colombiano may seem when you first meet him, their attitude will do an about face as soon as a girl he came with gets into a lengthy conversation with you. And that's everywhere in Colombia...not just Bogota. It's much easier to go for the group of only women, get half drunk and make a fool of yourself dancing. Laughter tends to loosen up women, bring their guard down and open up some possibilities.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133130
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 184