It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Trip Report: Nicaragua 2015  (Read 7289 times)

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Trip Report: Nicaragua 2015
« on: March 22, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »
I recently returned from a hastily planned, spur of the moment trip to Nicaragua. I was in a "use it or lose it" situation with vacation hours at work. I figure money can always be gained or lost but you never get the time or experience back.  So I booked a last minute trip and spent one week in Nicaragua.

Nicaragua is one of the poorest countries in the Western hemisphere yet it is the second safest country in Central America after Costa Rica. The Nicas I encountered were very hospitable and friendly.  Baseball is huge down there. So is a lot of North American culture like music, etc. 

Nicaragua is a curious mix of modern and traditional. Violeta Chamorro was elected president in 1990 and was the first female head of state in the Americas. Yet in 2006 the country passed one of the strictest abortion laws in the Americas (basically not allowed even if the life of the mother is at stake).

Why Nicaragua? I really have no clue. Just a whim, a hunch, some discussion on this board about the country and the hype of tourist guides calling it the new Costa Rica (given the low prices in Nicaragua).  Best time to go is the dry season which is roughly December through April. The rainy season can make for bad beach days and wash out roads in more remote locations.

I cruised between three different cities which is a clear violation of "wife/novia hunting 101" which says stay put in one place/city if your visit is a short one. I didn’t have much of a road map and I wanted to see multiple places to get a flavor for the country.

I went to Leon, Managua and Granada (day trip).  Really cheap to travel between these three cities via the UCA’s which are 12 to 18 seat minivans.  The drive from Managua to Leon is about 90 minutes and the scenery is great (farmland, lakes and volcanoes out your window). All for the price of $2.50 U.S. Dollars!

How Did I Meet Women?
I used the “cold approach” or as Andy Lee once put it the “free range prospecting” approach. I did try to place a newspaper add in one of the main papers in Managua. They replied, “Sorry sir we do not run those kinds of advertisements.”  Might have been too late to get it in the paper anyway. I did have a few contacts on Latin American Cupid (LAC) but there are not many women on LAC in Nicaragua to begin with (small country with limited internet access).

Yes, the cold approach is “inefficient” compared to an agency or online where you can "screen" upfront for things you are looking for. But I have always believed I do better in person.  I have yet to have much success with either agencies or online but I don't ever rule anything out.  Also, as has been said here before the online or agency scene is barely scratching the surface of the women that are out there.  I didn't have much to go on this time other than the cold approach. 

The Women:
The Nica women are great. Not as many hot bombshells as in Brazil and Colombia that is for sure. Let's face it, wealth buys beauty. And both Colombia and Brazil are rich compared to Nicaragua. That said, I ran into plenty of really cute ladies. You just have to be more patient in Nicaragua but they are there.

Yes, lots of Nica women like meeting foreign guys. Of course, I got shot down plenty of times but the women were never rude about it, always pleasant.  The Nica culture is a bit more reserved than what I have seen in say Brazil and Colombia. I saw nearly ZERO tattoos on the women in Nicaragua, not many on the guys either. The ladies are sweet but they are a bit more reserved at first.

Some really exotic and beautiful ladies down there. Saw this one drop dead gorgeous girl in a nightclub in Managua. She would not have looked out of place at all in Indonesia or Thailand. But she was speaking Nica Spanish and she had a banging Latina body to go with it. I was on a date when I saw her but she certainly appeared friendly and open.

Leon & Pacific Beaches:
Leon is a university town with great Spanish colonial architecture dating back to the 1600's. The best university in Nicaragua is located there as well as the best art museum in Central America.  With a population of 200,000 the city is very walkable. It is not as touristy as Granada which is one reason I went there first.

Leon is also only about 20 or 30 minutes from the Pacific coast by car/bus/taxi. Good surf spots can be found here.

Leon is awesome for guys in the 25 to 35 year age range (younger than my demographic).  Lots of cute university girls walking around town and hanging out in the bars & restaurants. I found that the tourist books/guides hyped the nightlife here a bit too much. There are only 200,000 residents so don't expect Manhattan or Vegas. But it packs a punch for a city of its size. I met some nice ladies here and got a few phone numbers but they were mostly college students (21 yrs old).  I met a really cool cab driver who offered to set me up with a 26 year old lady he knew. So I took him up on the offer but she was not my type.

Managua
This is the capital and largest city in the country with over 2.8 million in the entire metro area. Managua is a sprawling, chaotic and ugly mess and that is being generous. The best description I have read of the city is it resembles a broken down 1960's school bus with a buzzing sound track of Latin rhythms. The city got hit bad with an earthquake in 1972 and it never really recovered.  Tourists simply do not come here except to go through the airport.

The only redeeming features of Managua are its location on a large, gorgeous lake and the people/women. The layout of the city is not conducive to walking or easily stumbling into people, women, etc.  You have to take cabs to get to most places.

I stayed in the Zona Rosa where the best hotels and restaurants are located. My hotel was near the Metro Center Mall which is one of the better places to meet local women. The mall is a step below the Chipichape Mall in Cali, not as nice or big. The nightlife in Managua gets pretty lively and runs the gamut from Latin music to modern pop.

My first day in Managua I bumped into a nice 24 year old Nica lady at the Metro Center Mall. Not a bombshell or anything like that. But I would describe her look as a very cute “girl next door” type. I saw her standing alone and just said hello and asked her about a piece of jewelry she was wearing (I know, very original). I probably invested too much time on this one lady but the chemistry was strong from the moment we met. So I figured why not run with it despite the more than 20 year age gap.

She comes from a hard working, stable working class Nica family. Her mom and dad are still married but her Dad is away a lot for work. The 24 year old is divorced, no kids. Apparently, her ex-husband had a bad drinking problem and she had to end it. He was a Nica guy about 6 years older than her.  Now she lives with her Mom, Dad and her sisters.

For whatever it's worth she is a morena by heritage. As has been discussed here before, issues regarding ethnicity/race still linger on.  I asked her if she likes the beach. She said she likes it but not too much because she doesn't want to be any darker!  Her older sisters are white and I mean they could pass for two light skinned girls from Madrid. She clearly has some desire to be more like they are. But as I repeatedly told her: she is far more beautiful than either of her sisters. I mean it is not even a contest.  Anyway, she is a real sweet girl from what I can tell, none of the high maintenance attitude I seem to run into here with many ladies in the U.S. 

We went on three dates and she also invited me to her house to meet her family. Very nice people. I asked my cab driver about the neighborhood when he was dropping me off and he said, “Peligroso por la noche.” (Dangerous at night). I was there during the day.

Despite the age gap, the biggest obstacle I see with this lady is that her family (Mother, Sister) has tried to brainwash her with religious dogma about sex. I don’t mind a religious girl as long as she emphasizes the good parts (helping others) and ignores the bad part (guilt trips about sex). Just to be clear the issue I am referring to is her mother/sister believe pre-marital sex is not moral.

When this issue finally came to light after a few dates I figured we were just totally incompatible. I know. I should have broached this topic earlier with her. I have met several ladies on the fly in Latin America and this has just never been an issue. Anyway, as I probed her on the topic it became clear she is much more open minded on the topic. We went on three dates. The third date was just the two of us alone. Apparently, she did this without her mom knowing and when her mom found out she did not approve. She did tell me her Mom likes me and approves of her seeing me. But her mom wants to watch her every move.  She wants me to come back to see her for sure and she has even called me a few times since returning. That says a lot for someone on a relatively meager Nicaraguan salary.

Granada
Granada is drop dead gorgeous. Beautiful Spanish colonial architecture located next to Lake Nicaragua and a mountain backdrop in the other direction. Lake Nicaragua is the 12th largest lake in the world and it is a freshwater lake with sharks!  Granada is more refined and more touristy than Leon. It is also smaller. I only did a day trip here but locals told me the nightlife is good Thursday to Saturday as Nicas from other regions come to visit the city on the weekends.

Airport
I know a guy who met his very attractive Mexicana wife at an airport in the U.S. So on my way back I made sure I did not miss an opportunity if one presented itself. I met a 32 year old Nica lady at the Managua airport. We exchanged information but she has a kid from a prior marriage. I also met a 38 year Colombiana at the Panama City airport. She also has a kid. So while a lady with a kid is a deal breaker for me, I figure why not be friends with them. Maybe they know someone who is single with no kids.

Overall, I had a good time. If the connection with the 24 year lady I met in Managua fizzles I will consider heading to a more "developed" city/country next time. That said, we left with some pretty strong in person chemistry and she will be very disappointed if I don't come back. Time will tell.

If I do another trip to another place I'd consider a big city in Colombia (Bogota, etc) or Panama City (which looks gorgeous from the air). I hear really good things about Panama City as a place to visit anyway. From what I see in the airport, there is no shortage of beautiful women there.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:45:40 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trip Report: Nicaragua 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »
Awesome trip report Hector ... I really admire you having the guts to just visit whatever country interests you on a whim ... thanks for posting.

I wish I had been younger when I started this latin adventure, and visited more countries before I "settled down" ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »
Awesome trip report Hector ... I really admire you having the guts to just visit whatever country interests you on a whim ... thanks for posting.

I wish I had been younger when I started this latin adventure, and visited more countries before I "settled down" ...
Plus 1. Awesome trip report on uncharted territory

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:09:08 PM »

+1, not Colombia. Nice report. I thought about going there for a while myself

Plus 1. Awesome trip report on uncharted territory

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
Thanks for taking the time, Hector--That's about the most through, well written trip report I've seen in a real long time and you made a lot out of a week. Too bad about the sad fate of Managua

That 24 y/o sounds sweet and while it's great she has morals, sounds like her Mom and her role in her life is a bit heavy handed. I've seen, albeit in the Philippines, prostitutes proposition me and as I declined, decided instead to attend Catholic Mass as the church bells rang. I don't think being Catholic, what appears as being religious and attitude--behavior re. premarital sex are mutually exclusive. No pun intended, but if you pursued her with both of you having a realization marriage was quite possibly 'in the cards' she might open up. Hard to say from my seat. Perhaps you'd be surprised what a tigress she might actually be, once the genie gets out of the bottle.

Personally I love the morena look, but it seems pretty common that these ladies want to look lighter skinned. Everyone seems to want something different than what they've got.

Excellent point about the 38 y/o women and not just writing them off, as if they seem like good people, they probably also know good people who you might make acquaintance with through them, as you probably have friends who wouldn't mind being introduced to them. I met my wife through a lady who initially tried to fix me up with her sister. When that didn't work out, we were still friends, to the point where she introduced me to my current wife. I try to never burn bridges and to cultivate further positive contacts when practical. I even learned a lot from maintaining contacts with women who were actually quite older than me.

Yes--airports are one of the the--if not THE best place for seeing--and if you can move fast, for meeting women from all over the planet--a virtual smorgasbord. Only problem there is time's typically short, but it certainly is interesting bird watching!

There are a lot of Military guys in my city and I see a lot of gorgeous wives they've brought back from Nicaragua and Panama--often at the grocery store in the vegetable and fruit aisles. It's amazing how easy it is to strike up a conversation when you're squeezing melons! Perhaps I'm an incorrigible flirt, but what's interesting to me is how friendly and down to earth they usually are. My wife has certainly noticed!

Once again--great report!

I recently returned from a hastily planned, spur of the moment trip to Nicaragua. I was in a "use it or lose it" situation with vacation hours at work. I figure money can always be gained or lost but you never get the time or experience back.  So I booked a last minute trip and spent one week in Nicaragua.

Nicaragua is one of the poorest countries in the Western hemisphere yet it is the second safest country in Central America after Costa Rica. The Nicas I encountered were very hospitable and friendly.  Baseball is huge down there. So is a lot of North American culture like music, etc. 

Nicaragua is a curious mix of modern and traditional. Violeta Chamorro was elected president in 1990 and was the first female head of state in the Americas. Yet in 2006 the country passed one of the strictest abortion laws in the Americas (basically not allowed even if the life of the mother is at stake).

Why Nicaragua? I really have no clue. Just a whim, a hunch, some discussion on this board about the country and the hype of tourist guides calling it the new Costa Rica (given the low prices in Nicaragua).  Best time to go is the dry season which is roughly December through April. The rainy season can make for bad beach days and wash out roads in more remote locations.

I cruised between three different cities which is a clear violation of "wife/novia hunting 101" which says stay put in one place/city if your visit is a short one. I didn’t have much of a road map and I wanted to see multiple places to get a flavor for the country.

I went to Leon, Managua and Granada (day trip).  Really cheap to travel between these three cities via the UCA’s which are 12 to 18 seat minivans.  The drive from Managua to Leon is about 90 minutes and the scenery is great (farmland, lakes and volcanoes out your window). All for the price of $2.50 U.S. Dollars!

How Did I Meet Women?
I used the “cold approach” or as Andy Lee once put it the “free range prospecting” approach. I did try to place a newspaper add in one of the main papers in Managua. They replied, “Sorry sir we do not run those kinds of advertisements.”  Might have been too late to get it in the paper anyway. I did have a few contacts on Latin American Cupid (LAC) but there are not many women on LAC in Nicaragua to begin with (small country with limited internet access).

Yes, the cold approach is “inefficient” compared to an agency or online where you can "screen" upfront for things you are looking for. But I have always believed I do better in person.  I have yet to have much success with either agencies or online but I don't ever rule anything out.  Also, as has been said here before the online or agency scene is barely scratching the surface of the women that are out there.  I didn't have much to go on this time other than the cold approach. 

The Women:
The Nica women are great. Not as many hot bombshells as in Brazil and Colombia that is for sure. Let's face it, wealth buys beauty. And both Colombia and Brazil are rich compared to Nicaragua. That said, I ran into plenty of really cute ladies. You just have to be more patient in Nicaragua but they are there.

Yes, lots of Nica women like meeting foreign guys. Of course, I got shot down plenty of times but the women were never rude about it, always pleasant.  The Nica culture is a bit more reserved than what I have seen in say Brazil and Colombia. I saw nearly ZERO tattoos on the women in Nicaragua, not many on the guys either. The ladies are sweet but they are a bit more reserved at first.

Some really exotic and beautiful ladies down there. Saw this one drop dead gorgeous girl in a nightclub in Managua. She would not have looked out of place at all in Indonesia or Thailand. But she was speaking Nica Spanish and she had a banging Latina body to go with it. I was on a date when I saw her but she certainly appeared friendly and open.

Leon & Pacific Beaches:
Leon is a university town with great Spanish colonial architecture dating back to the 1600's. The best university in Nicaragua is located there as well as the best art museum in Central America.  With a population of 200,000 the city is very walkable. It is not as touristy as Granada which is one reason I went there first.

Leon is also only about 20 or 30 minutes from the Pacific coast by car/bus/taxi. Good surf spots can be found here.

Leon is awesome for guys in the 25 to 35 year age range (younger than my demographic).  Lots of cute university girls walking around town and hanging out in the bars & restaurants. I found that the tourist books/guides hyped the nightlife here a bit too much. There are only 200,000 residents so don't expect Manhattan or Vegas. But it packs a punch for a city of its size. I met some nice ladies here and got a few phone numbers but they were mostly college students (21 yrs old).  I met a really cool cab driver who offered to set me up with a 26 year old lady he knew. So I took him up on the offer but she was not my type.

Managua
This is the capital and largest city in the country with over 2.8 million in the entire metro area. Managua is a sprawling, chaotic and ugly mess and that is being generous. The best description I have read of the city is it resembles a broken down 1960's school bus with a buzzing sound track of Latin rhythms. The city got hit bad with an earthquake in 1972 and it never really recovered.  Tourists simply do not come here except to go through the airport.

The only redeeming features of Managua are its location on a large, gorgeous lake and the people/women. The layout of the city is not conducive to walking or easily stumbling into people, women, etc.  You have to take cabs to get to most places.

I stayed in the Zona Rosa where the best hotels and restaurants are located. My hotel was near the Metro Center Mall which is one of the better places to meet local women. The mall is a step below the Chipichape Mall in Cali, not as nice or big. The nightlife in Managua gets pretty lively and runs the gamut from Latin music to modern pop.

My first day in Managua I bumped into a nice 24 year old Nica lady at the Metro Center Mall. Not a bombshell or anything like that. But I would describe her look as a very cute “girl next door” type. I saw her standing alone and just said hello and asked her about a piece of jewelry she was wearing (I know, very original). I probably invested too much time on this one lady but the chemistry was strong from the moment we met. So I figured why not run with it despite the more than 20 year age gap.

She comes from a hard working, stable working class Nica family. Her mom and dad are still married but her Dad is away a lot for work. The 24 year old is divorced, no kids. Apparently, her ex-husband had a bad drinking problem and she had to end it. He was a Nica guy about 6 years older than her.  Now she lives with her Mom, Dad and her sisters.

For whatever it's worth she is a morena by heritage. As has been discussed here before, issues regarding ethnicity/race still linger on.  I asked her if she likes the beach. She said she likes it but not too much because she doesn't want to be any darker!  Her older sisters are white and I mean they could pass for two light skinned girls from Madrid. She clearly has some desire to be more like they are. But as I repeatedly told her: she is far more beautiful than either of her sisters. I mean it is not even a contest.  Anyway, she is a real sweet girl from what I can tell, none of the high maintenance attitude I seem to run into here with many ladies in the U.S. 

We went on three dates and she also invited me to her house to meet her family. Very nice people. I asked my cab driver about the neighborhood when he was dropping me off and he said, “Peligroso por la noche.” (Dangerous at night). I was there during the day.

Despite the age gap, the biggest obstacle I see with this lady is that her family (Mother, Sister) has tried to brainwash her with religious dogma about sex. I don’t mind a religious girl as long as she emphasizes the good parts (helping others) and ignores the bad part (guilt trips about sex). Just to be clear the issue I am referring to is her mother/sister believe pre-marital sex is not moral.

When this issue finally came to light after a few dates I figured we were just totally incompatible. I know. I should have broached this topic earlier with her. I have met several ladies on the fly in Latin America and this has just never been an issue. Anyway, as I probed her on the topic it became clear she is much more open minded on the topic. We went on three dates. The third date was just the two of us alone. Apparently, she did this without her mom knowing and when her mom found out she did not approve. She did tell me her Mom likes me and approves of her seeing me. But her mom wants to watch her every move.  She wants me to come back to see her for sure and she has even called me a few times since returning. That says a lot for someone on a relatively meager Nicaraguan salary.

Granada
Granada is drop dead gorgeous. Beautiful Spanish colonial architecture located next to Lake Nicaragua and a mountain backdrop in the other direction. Lake Nicaragua is the 12th largest lake in the world and it is a freshwater lake with sharks!  Granada is more refined and more touristy than Leon. It is also smaller. I only did a day trip here but locals told me the nightlife is good Thursday to Saturday as Nicas from other regions come to visit the city on the weekends.

Airport
I know a guy who met his very attractive Mexicana wife at an airport in the U.S. So on my way back I made sure I did not miss an opportunity if one presented itself. I met a 32 year old Nica lady at the Managua airport. We exchanged information but she has a kid from a prior marriage. I also met a 38 year Colombiana at the Panama City airport. She also has a kid. So while a lady with a kid is a deal breaker for me, I figure why not be friends with them. Maybe they know someone who is single with no kids.

Overall, I had a good time. If the connection with the 24 year lady I met in Managua fizzles I will consider heading to a more "developed" city/country next time. That said, we left with some pretty strong in person chemistry and she will be very disappointed if I don't come back. Time will tell.

If I do another trip to another place I'd consider a big city in Colombia (Bogota, etc) or Panama City (which looks gorgeous from the air). I hear really good things about Panama City as a place to visit anyway. From what I see in the airport, there is no shortage of beautiful women there.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
Good report, and for the record in Costa Rica they will run those newspaper ads. I'm surprised there isn't an agency in Managua. Plenty of 7s and 8s that would date older men.... it just makes sense.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 08:09:49 PM »
Way to just take off all of a sudden to a destination not many gringos go to.  It seems you accomplished alot in only one week.  I'm not too anxious to see managua but I liked your description of leon and granada.  One of the hottest girls I've ever met was a nica here in texas.  I had a chance to hook up with her but I blew it, but damn she had a hot body.

And you're right about women in airports, freaking crawling with hotties.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 09:42:38 PM »

That 24 y/o sounds sweet and while it's great she has morals, sounds like her Mom and her role in her life is a bit heavy handed. I've seen, albeit in the Philippines, prostitutes proposition me and as I declined, decided instead to attend Catholic Mass as the church bells rang. I don't think being Catholic, what appears as being religious and attitude--behavior re. premarital sex are mutually exclusive. No pun intended, but if you pursued her with both of you having a realization marriage was quite possibly 'in the cards' she might open up. Hard to say from my seat. Perhaps you'd be surprised what a tigress she might actually be, once the genie gets out of the bottle.

Yes, I've already got some clear indications of what a tigress she can be and let's say I like it.

Personally I love the morena look, but it seems pretty common that these ladies want to look lighter skinned. Everyone seems to want something different than what they've got.

I love the morena look as well. Certainly there is a bit of opposites attract going on as you suggested above (in bold).  However, in this girl's case she told me if she marries a white guy like me she'd hope the kid would end up closer to white than black. That is just messed up.

I've got a female cousin who has blonde hair and blue eyes. She married her college sweetheart who happens to be black. I am pretty certain neither one of them were pulling for a "white" kid (or a "black" kid for that matter). They were just pulling for a healthy and happy kid.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:02:45 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 09:45:41 PM »
Good report, and for the record in Costa Rica they will run those newspaper ads. I'm surprised there isn't an agency in Managua. Plenty of 7s and 8s that would date older men.... it just makes sense.

Yep, good to know San Jose will run those ads. There could be an agency in Managua as I really didn't research it. That said, agencies seem to be a dying breed which is one reason I didn't really look into it. 

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 09:58:01 PM »
Yep, good to know San Jose will run those ads. There could be an agency in Managua as I really didn't research it. That said, agencies seem to be a dying breed which is one reason I didn't really look into it.

Yep I've been saying that for years. My bud's advertising budget on the last trip to Bogota was that 1 month cupid membership which is probably around 30 bucks. And he ended up "dating" 3 b-2 visa girls. That's something no agency in bogota or baq could provide. And that's part of the issue with Managua... I suspect not many b2 visa nicas.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 10:13:11 PM »
Way to just take off all of a sudden to a destination not many gringos go to.  It seems you accomplished alot in only one week.  I'm not too anxious to see managua but I liked your description of leon and granada.  One of the hottest girls I've ever met was a nica here in texas.  I had a chance to hook up with her but I blew it, but damn she had a hot body.

And you're right about women in airports, freaking crawling with hotties.

Lots of places in Nicaragua I did not get to. I hear San Juan del Sur is a great coastal town. A Nica cab driver told me during high season the place is loaded with girls from Costa Rica, Colombia and Venezuela. Could be worth a visit someday.

Speaking of airports and nice bodies, the 38 year old Colombiana I met at the Panama City airport was no slouch herself.  Face was just so so but her body was solid. I'd like to shake the doctor's hand who did her work.  Here is a shot of her:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:15:22 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »
Very good report. I have always wanted to go to Nicaragua. My daughter spent two years with the Peace Corps in extreme northern Costa Rica. She didn't like Costa Rica but loved Nicaragua especially Granada.

Offline buencamino

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 05:07:51 PM »
Excellent report! See any of Chinese? I hope their canal goes to Hell in a handbasket!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 05:07:51 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
Excellent report! See any of Chinese? I hope their canal goes to Hell in a handbasket!

It oughta be a big handbasket. We just had a 1200 ft long, 150 wide ship call on our port--it can hold 10,000 TEU's--20 foot long, semi truck trailerable storage units. Looked like a damn city rolling down the river. They say that canal can pass ships a lot bigger than that--the 'Panamax ships' they're called.

Panama is attracting a lot of USA and other first world money--all those sky scrapers aren't full of Chinese. Only problem is that a lot of the money and businesses behind it are shady. It's becoming like a dirty whore version of Switzerland in some aspects.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:33:59 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 10:15:16 PM »
Lots of places in Nicaragua I did not get to. I hear San Juan del Sur is a great coastal town. A Nica cab driver told me during high season the place is loaded with girls from Costa Rica, Colombia and Venezuela. Could be worth a visit someday.

Speaking of airports and nice bodies, the 38 year old Colombiana I met at the Panama City airport was no slouch herself.  Face was just so so but her body was solid. I'd like to shake the doctor's hand who did her work.  Here is a shot of her:

Great report Hector, thanks for all the details. 

They don't make too many 38 year olds like this one...

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 08:00:29 AM »
I know one almost exacly like that one in Popayan, but I swear shes a hooker, or if not, a big time scammer. Have to watch out (until youknow them better) for any Colombianas who have lived or are living in Panama, Aruba, Trinidad or other Carribean islands, The Emirates or other places in the Mid East, and to a lesser extent, Spain and Europe.

quote author=fathertime link=topic=8052.msg122886#msg122886 date=1427170516]

Fathertime!

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 08:36:01 AM »
I know one almost exacly like that one in Popayan, but I swear shes a hooker, or if not, a big time scammer. Have to watch out (until youknow them better) for any Colombianas who have lived or are living in Panama, Aruba, Trinidad or other Carribean islands, The Emirates or other places in the Mid East, and to a lesser extent, Spain and Europe.

quote author=fathertime link=topic=8052.msg122886#msg122886 date=1427170516]

Fathertime!

The thought certainly crossed my mind. But not this lady.  We had sat down and had lunch together at the airport. She speaks Japanese and lived in Japan in her 20's for a while. She works in the tourism industry for a Japanese tour company in Panama.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 08:39:48 AM »

Fathertime!

The miracle of modern medicine helps....

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 09:01:30 AM »
It's becoming like a dirty whore version of Switzerland in some aspects.

Switzerland is the dirty whore version of Switzerland. She's just wearing a nice dress and some very expensive jewelry.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133130
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 184