It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Back From my Barranquilla Trip  (Read 9936 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Back From my Barranquilla Trip
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 08:53:02 PM »
Reading all these posts and also observing the profiles on Jamie's site, I understand what you're talking about.  However, I owe it to my students to be there.  I plan on going back (if everything works out) during the summer for an extended stay. 

My real question:  Is seven days long enough?  I do have some women in mind (from Jamie's website) that I find attractive. 

Any help with be much appreciated.

Sorry Bud,  But a few days is a hors d'oeuvre,  a week's an appetizer. Hell,  I sometimes wonder if a lifetime is long enough. Sometimes we have to struggle to 'make the time',  but I'd guess most guys would say you need two or three weeks to make it worth your time and to really grasp the situation.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 10:12:54 PM »
Reading all these posts and also observing the profiles on Jamie's site, I understand what you're talking about.  However, I owe it to my students to be there.  I plan on going back (if everything works out) during the summer for an extended stay. 

My real question:  Is seven days long enough?  I do have some women in mind (from Jamie's website) that I find attractive. 

Any help with be much appreciated.
Well Bill, I think 1 week will make you want more time....BUT assuming your summer vacation is just a couple months away, you are setting yourself up really well.  I'd say 7 days is ok for a first trip...If you have your summer open then you can figure out what you want to do from there. 

If you already have your trip planned for certain, you should consider contacting several of your personal favorites and getting the ball rolling...I don't know if Jamie recommends that because you are also going to have the very good option to meet several dozen women during the group sessions...but if it were me, I'd want to get a head start....in addition if you still learning spanish, now is a great time to improve it before you hit the ground.

Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline stevekoozer

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:29 AM »
My trip was 12 days but two or three more would not have hurt. Depending on how may girls are interested in meeting you, you might have 3-4 full days of introductions which does not leave you a lot of time to get to know a girl or two a bit better before your trip is up. Be prepared to meet 6-8 girls per day and you should meet all of the ones that are scheduled to meet you that show up. The two that I have clicked with one was the very first introduction on day one and  the other gal was introduction number nineteen on day two. Don't short yourself the time on the first trip, take it later...... you have more  time to prepare more time on the ground and more time to spend with women you have chemistry with. I am planning on heading back in May for a week which will be enough time to date the two I am interested in and see what happens from there.

It's your call man. 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:29 AM »

Offline billinsandiego

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
Well Bill, I think 1 week will make you want more time....BUT assuming your summer vacation is just a couple months away, you are setting yourself up really well.  I'd say 7 days is ok for a first trip...If you have your summer open then you can figure out what you want to do from there. 

If you already have your trip planned for certain, you should consider contacting several of your personal favorites and getting the ball rolling...I don't know if Jamie recommends that because you are also going to have the very good option to meet several dozen women during the group sessions...but if it were me, I'd want to get a head start....in addition if you still learning spanish, now is a great time to improve it before you hit the ground.

Fathertime!

Thanks for the advice!  I live in California, so Spanish will not be the biggest obstacle.  However, some of my students laugh at me when I try talking Spanish in class.

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 11:18:32 AM »
Sorry Bud,  But a few days is a hors d'oeuvre,  a week's an appetizer. Hell,  I sometimes wonder if a lifetime is long enough. Sometimes we have to struggle to 'make the time',  but I'd guess most guys would say you need two or three weeks to make it worth your time and to really grasp the situation.

Thanks for the advice.  I guess I just have money to burn.  I guess the trip in March/April will let me know if this works.  During the summer I can make that "life time" trip (maybe a month).

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »
My trip was 12 days but two or three more would not have hurt. Depending on how may girls are interested in meeting you, you might have 3-4 full days of introductions which does not leave you a lot of time to get to know a girl or two a bit better before your trip is up. Be prepared to meet 6-8 girls per day and you should meet all of the ones that are scheduled to meet you that show up. The two that I have clicked with one was the very first introduction on day one and  the other gal was introduction number nineteen on day two. Don't short yourself the time on the first trip, take it later...... you have more  time to prepare more time on the ground and more time to spend with women you have chemistry with. I am planning on heading back in May for a week which will be enough time to date the two I am interested in and see what happens from there.

It's your call man.

Thanks for the time you took to report your trip to BAQ.  Part of me right now is thinking about saving money and waiting for the Summer, but I might be in the same situation I am in now (school may want me to work summer school).  It is what it is, I am single, good looking (in my opinion).  And young enough to pull this off (38 years old).  I have never been married, and I don't have kids.  For whatever reason, I don't want to play around anymore and want to settle down with a latina hottie!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »
Thanks for the time you took to report your trip to BAQ.  Part of me right now is thinking about saving money and waiting for the Summer, but I might be in the same situation I am in now (school may want me to work summer school).  It is what it is, I am single, good looking (in my opinion).  And young enough to pull this off (38 years old).  I have never been married, and I don't have kids.  For whatever reason, I don't want to play around anymore and want to settle down with a latina hottie!

Reading around here a bit--has it given you any pause and inclination to look at the Philippines? A free look at profiles on the free websites would show you how 400 or so years of Spanish occupation of their country has produced some babes that look much like Latinas, but typically are far more even tempered. And they speak English. Fifty plus million females too.....

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »
It is what it is, I am single, good looking (in my opinion).  And young enough to pull this off (38 years old).  I have never been married, and I don't have kids.  For whatever reason, I don't want to play around anymore and want to settle down with a latina hottie!

I have to ask the same question I ask alot of guys who live in areas with a large latino population.  Why colombia when there are literally millions of latinas right in your own backyard?  The guys in their 50's and 60's yea I can understand but you're only 38 and "good looking".

Offline fathertime

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »

I have to ask the same question I ask alot of guys who live in areas with a large latino population.  Why colombia when there are literally millions of latinas right in your own backyard?  The guys in their 50's and 60's yea I can understand but you're only 38 and "good looking".

Hey Awesome,
I am curious to here Bill's answer too.   I know for me, I simply felt I could do MUCH better in Colombian (in terms of a good looking lady) than I could locally.  I had what a woman might consider significant 'baggage' ....in addition I like the adventure aspect to it...   Of course there are some serious downsides as well, as we are reading on the other thread.

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2015, 01:54:27 PM »

Back in the day, I would have said that the quality of woman you can get in Latin America was much higher than the quality of the local Latinas. My wife has a rather unique name for a Latina and when I met her, if you googled her name, she was the only one on the web. Now there are dozens and that's only 12 years later. When I see kids in Monteria interested in KPop and some of them speaking pretty good English just from TV and the web, then I know things have changed. And probably NOT for the better.  The world has become smaller and more homogenized so I don't think there is a lot of difference in quality any longer.

I would recommend any guy wanting to meet local Latinas to attend Spanish Mass at their local Catholic church. Plenty of single women and very nice to look at - unfortunately my wife always insists we sit in the first frigging row!

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2015, 05:18:55 PM »

I am a mathematician, so maybe it just the "equation" part that makes it feel like something to do (meeting women that specifically want to date men from USA).  Moreover, those women on that site are really good looking.  Women that look like that here in San Diego do not want to date a mathematics teacher.  Whereas, women in Colombia might really like that idea.

I am probably closer to a five or six.
I   

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2015, 05:23:41 PM »
Reading around here a bit--has it given you any pause and inclination to look at the Philippines? A free look at profiles on the free websites would show you how 400 or so years of Spanish occupation of their country has produced some babes that look much like Latinas, but typically are far more even tempered. And they speak English. Fifty plus million females too.....

To answer your question, I am attracted to all types of women.  Do you know if any of those sites have the same set up as Jamie's?  I have tried those "free websites".  Although I am able to have a conversation and perhaps video conferences nothing beats a face-to-face meeting.  It seems that after a while, the women is asking when I am going to visit.    That's why I was considering using Jamie's services.  I just don't want to visit a country with no "friends".

Offline Awesome

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »
I am a mathematician, so maybe it just the "equation" part that makes it feel like something to do (meeting women that specifically want to date men from USA).  Moreover, those women on that site are really good looking.  Women that look like that here in San Diego do not want to date a mathematics teacher.  Whereas, women in Colombia might really like that idea.

I

Ok that makes sense.  I was just wondering.  I'd still advise a guy in your position to venture more into the local latino community just to get a little more used to dealing with the culture and language.  Find the restaurants in the latino neighborhoods and go chat up the waitresses, do a little flirting.  It couldn't hurt to practice your social skills in that setting and who knows what it could lead to. 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »
To answer your question, I am attracted to all types of women.  Do you know if any of those sites have the same set up as Jamie's?  I have tried those "free websites".  Although I am able to have a conversation and perhaps video conferences nothing beats a face-to-face meeting.  It seems that after a while, the women is asking when I am going to visit.    That's why I was considering using Jamie's services.  I just don't want to visit a country with no "friends".

None that I can think of recommending anyways. Too many of those agencies are shady, the quality of women questionable and chock full of 'left overs' and women scorned. Same with the on-line sites, but given the much larger amount of women, you can meet relatively new, unjaded but educated women eventually.

One must tread carefully. That said, if you take the time to again 'carefully' meet and get to know people in the Philippines, you're almost certainly guaranteed a friendly, pleasant vacation, with connections right off the bat.

The fact that there isn't a real significant language barrier and how approachable the people you meet will be are considerations. Not all Latinas have fiery tempers, but I have that temperament sometimes and know for me, steering clear of that type is best.

Not sure how well I'd do having to rely on a translator. How USA friendly a place seems is a consideration. But then, the Philippines is an awfully long and expensive plane ride, even if airfares are as low as I've seen in a decade. Choices, choices....!

If you're 38 and even if you want to have kids, I'd guesstimate you actually have 4 or 5 years where you're still in a 'sweet spot'. By 'sweet spot' I mean you're still attractive to younger women, able to have kids even after a year or two married, and see them grow up before you're a dinosaur. Also important to realize that you still have the time to be both thorough and pragmatic in your search. You're obviously no dummy and realize being hasty here can have severe repercussions.

"Good morning, Billinsandiego. Your mission, Bill, should you choose to accept it. As always should any member of your IMF force be caught or killed, Planet-Love will disavow all knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck Bill." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55NuWQCh78

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »

Ok that makes sense.  I was just wondering.  I'd still advise a guy in your position to venture more into the local latino community just to get a little more used to dealing with the culture and language.  Find the restaurants in the latino neighborhoods and go chat up the waitresses, do a little flirting.  It couldn't hurt to practice your social skills in that setting and who knows what it could lead to.
I would also recommend exploring your local Latinas first. It's alot cheaper and alot less risky...

Offline stevekoozer

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »

I

Well Bill I would not worry about rating yourself on the number system. There are guys uglier than you and guys better looking just like for all of us. Dress nice when you meet the  women, properly groomed and smelling good does make a difference no matter where you are at. I lost out on getting second dates with a couple of girls because of my size. I am 5"-9" and right now 240 pounds when my pictures were taken at the end of the summer I was about 205 so in the pictures I looked a lot more slim. They did not like really thick men, no big deal everyone has a preference.

I know you are on the fence so I won't push you one way or the other. The two women that I clicked with are not the most attractive girls of the ones I met nor are they the least attractive. They separate themselves with who they are currently. This may change in time as we communicate more, but I wake up to e mails from both every morning since I have been back ..............time will tell though.

Being a teacher is a bonus for you if the women you meet want kids in my opinion shows something about you and what you think about making youth better through education.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »
I'm probably a 5, maybe pass for a 6 on a good day.  Give me a couple shots of tequila and I'll swear I'm a 7.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133130
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 184