It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Back From my Barranquilla Trip  (Read 9938 times)

Offline stevekoozer

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Back From my Barranquilla Trip
« on: January 17, 2015, 04:36:01 PM »
So now that I am back here is a trip report of my experience using Jamie’s agency and my experience with my time in BAQ.

So for me this is a first using an agency( as most of you know) and I feel that it was the right choice for me as the culture is different than what I am used to in my travels to other Latin speaking countries over the years. My Spanish speaking skills are ok as well as my understanding of Spanish in a conversation….. Reading and writing are a whole different thing for me mind you. I went with the interpreter and I am glad I did. Colombian Spanish is a bit different for me and man do they speak fast which is somewhat of an oxymoron as nothing really happens too fast in Colombia versus what I am used to here and elsewhere in the world. The girl that was translating for me did an excellent job when required to keep communication clear on both ends. So it was about a 50-50 split I got help when I needed it in conversations with the gals and vice versa and that was a plus to help all concerned understand clearly.

So I met a total of about 30-32 women, I did not keep an accurate count as I was quite a busy fellow during all the initial meetings. I never actually had one of the large group meetings. It was just the way it worked out based on the selections I had made and the schedules of the girls and the days I was there. I had one meeting that was scheduled with three on the first day but one called and cancelled (more on this later) so it became a meeting of two. There were of course cancellations, no shows and such outside of the ones I did meet and talk with. The set up that Jamie has for all this is different and is not for everybody. It was bit hard on the head as the initial meetings pretty much end up being the same questions asked over and over again by the girls at least but not like they were following a scripted monologue.

I do agree with the way he does this though as dating anywhere is really a numbers game as we all know. The single meets are I would say are better for getting the women a little more relaxed and into conversation versus talking in front of a bunch of other girls. There were girls that were very prompt with the scheduled meeting time, some that were a few minutes late and some that were quite late. I did not take this to heart as this is the way things are there and did not base my judgement on seeing a girl for a morning, lunch or dinner date because of timing on their behalf. I went out with the girls that I wanted to talk with more because of the conversation we had in our first meeting not purely for looks and not purely for what they said either.

I did sit down for about ten minutes with Jamie and had a conversation which was not to over the top. He asked me about what I had thought about things after the first day and such and that was pretty much it for the agency part of the conversation the rest was normal kind of convo between a couple of guys. I did not keep him too long as he is a pretty busy dude as was I.

Now after all the meetings conversations dates and such there were two that I clicked with and them the same. The first one was the first introduction from the first day who was forty minutes late so we could only talk for twenty but there was some chemistry. The second one was the one who cancelled (This was a legit cancellation for family illness I checked things out thoroughly) that was supposed to be in the three girl meeting on the first day. She rescheduled for the second day and showed up 1-1/2 hours early from our scheduled meeting time and waited while I met and talked to two others. The first girl did not budget her travel time properly for the morning traffic rush and the distance she had to travel. She was either right on time or early for a meeting there after. The second girl was early for every subsequent meeting thereafter. I did not request this or make any statements to either about being late or cancelling previously and basically let them have enough rope to hang themselves and they did not. Both come from middle to upper middle class family’s both have finished university and both work full time.

The first gal is 31 years old and so far as I can tell by going with my gut has all her S#it together. This is after spending a lot of time with her in the day time during my stay and taking a nice day trip to Cartagena to see the walled city and the overpriced tour of the Fort having lunch ECT. She was actually on the tail end of her vacation so it worked out pretty good for daytime stuff.
 The second girl is 27 (which I thought would be a little young starting off) but is very mature and in the same token I went with my gut on this and so far checks out the same. She worked in the days so we went out at night except for a Sunday day trip to Santa Marta on her day off.

None of this is either here nor there though as there is still a lot of communication that has to be accomplished over the next while with both of them to see if they are what I think they are. I am planning on returning in May to visit them both again depending on what transpires in communication in the upcoming months. Perhaps I will only be visiting one of them perhaps neither who knows. They are both really pretty close to being the same girl in personality, what they want in their lives, values, drive, motivation and such. I am also in no rush to get married just for the sake of not being alone (there are some guys like that) and I made that clear right off to both of them. I explained to both of them that I am pretty happy with my life and I don’t need to get married just for the sake of being married or being needy.

One question I did ask them both is if their parents knew about them being in the agency and both girls had told their family’s about this. This for me is a pretty important thing as it is strait across the board so no lying to the parents on how they met a foreign guy. In the initial meetings the girls that said no were out of the running for me as this is not an honest situation if it does get far enough along to meet mom and dad. I did not push to ask what their parents thought about it as those questions to them both will come in time.

Do I think that I am going to marry one of these girls? Can’t tell you one way or the other and the thought really has not crossed my mind as of yet. I do like them both equally and just like I said they are very close to being pretty much exactly the same woman in my opinion right now. Perhaps one will set herself apart from the other overtime perhaps things will continue the same with both of them really who knows. I am not looking to decide on anything currently nor do I have to settle for just the first piece of eye candy that bats her eyes and wiggles her A$$ in front of me. I find them both to be quite attractive by my standards. I saw gals down there that looked better and women that did not look as good…. Same as everywhere. It’s the combination of what they have that made the difference so far and perhaps in the future. Yes I did see a lot of stunning women while I was down but I did not walk around with my tongue hanging out and my balls dragging behind me. I know there are a lot of guys going down there that are just like that and there are a lot of really needy gringos running around. What surprised me though was the amount of eye contact and smiles I did get from women down there from the young ones in the 20’s to the 40 or so year olds. Found it to be funny but at the same time interesting. Being well dressed and well groomed I think is perhaps the biggest factor.

Yes I did take a camera and I have a lot of pictures, so no excuses from me that my phone got stolen while I was passed out or my camera broke or whatever else you may have heard from others about picture proof. No I am not going to post pictures of the girls here on the site in this post I am respecting their privacy on this matter. I am though posting a picture or two of me as I don’t feel that I need to hide from the world and really could not give a $hit if anyone sees me personally but it does reiterate that I really did make the trip and really was there in the country and not making up stories for internet fun. Just ignore the date and time stamp never set it up on the new camera.

Oh and in closing for any other Canadians that need clarification on the 160,000 peso visa fee take COP with you makes the customs guys happy if you have the exact funds in native currency and you do not have to pay the old thirty or thirty five departure tax any more just the 160,000 up front covers everything in and out

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Back From my Barranquilla Trip
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »
Good report, seem to be going about this in a very level-headed fashion.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to prove yourself by posting pictures but has anyone told you you kinda look like john goodman in the big lebowski?

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »
Thanks for reporting back Steve,  It sounds like you had some fun, and have a couple prospects.  Nice photos.  Did you take the two ladies anywhere interesting, or have any outings of interest generally? 

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:10:12 PM »
Mr John Goodman

Nice report and good luck in going back there again in May :)

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »
Hey

That was a White Russian--Did you just throw away my White Russian ?
The Dude is not happy  >:(

One of the best flicks ever !

You do look a little like Goodman a little

Nice report and good to get your feet wet.

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »
Goodman is a lot bigger than me I am only going about 240 right now but have my waist almost to a 35 so not bad for bulking in the wintertime. I think this may be my last ever winter bulk though my joints are starting to biotch and moan a bit with the heavy stuff so looks like I will be trimming back to about 200-210 and staying put everything comes to an end. :o    Oh well LOL 

Nope never heard the Goodman thing ever. When I am trimmed out and have my beard trimmed short I have heard either Jason Statham or Bruce Wills and similar I don't pay attention to it.

Yup went to Cart and SM you must have missed it then again I typed it up on 4 hours sleep and never re checked it before I chucked it up so perhaps my inaccurate verbiage caused you to miss it. When I head back in May I will probably check out to the coffee triangle. I don't really have any interest in Med or Bog right now but perhaps in the future who knows.

Have never seen the movie so I can't comment.     
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:03:32 PM by stevekoozer, Reason: gramification LOL »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
The Big Lebowski? You gotta be kidding me.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 07:55:07 PM »

Yup went to Cart and SM you must have missed it then again I typed it up on 4 hours sleep and never re checked it before I chucked it up so perhaps my inaccurate verbiage caused you to miss it. When I head back in May I will probably check out to the coffee triangle. I don't really have any interest in Med or Bog right now but perhaps in the future who knows. 
It is me that must have missed some sleep, you typed it and I just missed it.  Sounds fun, I really enjoyed taking the ladies into pools, the water park, or even the Ocean....when they aren't good swimmers they get rather clingy. 

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 09:49:55 PM »
That's one of the best trip reports here in a while and not only is it informative--helpful, but hopefully you're helping some guys sitting on the fence make a move, thinking "I can do that too".

Personally, I don't know Jamie from Johnnie, but it always sounded to me like he ran a decent operation in an field where it's not that common. Nice to see some objective validation there.

How do you think in comparison it would have come out in numbers of women you met (prospects, not just warm bodies) and number of dollars spent if you just worked the internet setting up dates, got your own hotel and maybe tried to hire a translator?

The Big Lebowski? Funny movie, even if my wife hates it (all the swearing and quirky stuff) but as for physical resemblance, I don't see it. Consider the source...

All the same, for being on a pretty cool wavelength IMHO, we'll give you the honorary title from 'The B.L.' of "The Dude" for the rest of the month, try and abide with you won't F with the rug! ::) 8)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 10:19:04 PM »

The first gal is 31 years old and so far as I can tell by going with my gut has all her S#it together. This is after spending a lot of time with her in the day time during my stay and taking a nice day trip to Cartagena to see the walled city and the overpriced tour of the Fort having lunch ECT. She was actually on the tail end of her vacation so it worked out pretty good for daytime stuff.
 The second girl is 27 (which I thought would be a little young starting off) but is very mature and in the same token I went with my gut on this and so far checks out the same. She worked in the days so we went out at night except for a Sunday day trip to Santa Marta on her day off.

Seems like you spent a bit of time with each woman....any romance or sparks to speak of?

Offline Calipro

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »

That's one of the best trip reports here in a while and not only is it informative--helpful, but hopefully you're helping some guys sitting on the fence make a move, thinking "I can do that too".

The trip report left me with a lot more questions than answers.

He met 32 women and some how whittled it down to just two....on gut instinct...from what I gather.

Then for all intents and proposes he can't tell the two apart....which one had more chemistry with him...which one was the best kisser and which one was overall more affectionate and interested.

Well....maybe he didn't even get pass first base...But I hope that isn't the case.

I sure hope this isn't one of those cases where the guy thinks the women will respect him more and think he is more serious about marriage if he doesn't try getting romantic.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 11:14:21 PM »

The trip report left me with a lot more questions than answers.

He met 32 women and some how whittled it down to just two....on gut instinct...from what I gather.

Then for all intents and proposes he can't tell the two apart....which one had more chemistry with him...which one was the best kisser and which one was overall more affectionate and interested.

Well....maybe he didn't even get pass first base...But I hope that isn't the case.

I sure hope this isn't one of those cases where the guy thinks the women will respect him more and think he is more serious about marriage if he doesn't try getting romantic.

I think it's pretty clear that he didn't have the time (were it his intention) to get intimate with 32 different women in a short amount of time. That would even challenge me, lol. As indicated, he's not making any clear calls, not saying these two are the end all game--seems more like they're the beginning and heading back in May, he'll decide how he wants to continue. Generally speaking, you have to break some ice before physical sparks can commence, although I've known some guys who could get all lit up and hump fire hydrants in short order. Takes all kinds, I guess!

To each his own, but I think you and SK operate very differently and have very different mindsets.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »
I think it's pretty clear that he didn't have the time (were it his intention) to get intimate with 32 different women in a short amount of time. That would even challenge me, lol. As indicated, he's not making any clear calls, not saying these two are the end all game--seems more like they're the beginning and heading back in May, he'll decide how he wants to continue. Generally speaking, you have to break some ice before physical sparks can commence, although I've known some guys who could get all lit up and hump fire hydrants in short order. Takes all kinds, I guess!

To each his own, but I think you and SK operate very differently and have very different mindsets.

Well you got me there....I don't know any hydrant humping guys.

But if he didn't go from 32 down to 2 based on chemistry then what was it?

Under normal circumstances in Colombia....if a chick likes you enough to spend all day with you....she likes you enough to give you a pretty damn good kiss. If she doesn't well then Houston we have a problem.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 01:11:52 AM »

Under normal circumstances in Colombia....if a chick likes you enough to spend all day with you....she likes you enough to give you a pretty damn good kiss. If she doesn't well then Houston we have a problem.

Went down in numbers based on a lot of factors chemistry being one of them. I figured that was implied in my post perhaps not clearly. Like I had said about them both being very similar this includes chemistry.

Gentlemen I hope this thread does not get left turned or blitzed into a $hit show like so many others.

If it does I will have it removed.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 01:13:23 AM »

From the looks of sk's photo he looks like a full grown man and as such god help him if he actually needs any advice from pl's resident (wannabe)sleazeball regarding intimacy with the opposite sex.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »

Went down in numbers based on a lot of factors chemistry being one of them. I figured that was implied in my post perhaps not clearly. Like I had said about them both being very similar this includes chemistry.

Gentlemen I hope this thread does not get left turned or blitzed into a $hit show like so many others.

If it does I will have it removed.
Steve,
You sound like you are going about this the right way. For long term relationship success IMO it is important to keep a clear head and it sounds like that is what you are doing.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »
So now that I am back here is a trip report of my experience using Jamie’s agency and my experience with my time in BAQ.

So for me this is a first using an agency( as most of you know) and I feel that it was the right choice for me as the culture is different than what I am used to in my travels to other Latin speaking countries over the years. My Spanish speaking skills are ok as well as my understanding of Spanish in a conversation….. Reading and writing are a whole different thing for me mind you. I went with the interpreter and I am glad I did. Colombian Spanish is a bit different for me and man do they speak fast which is somewhat of an oxymoron as nothing really happens too fast in Colombia versus what I am used to here and elsewhere in the world. The girl that was translating for me did an excellent job when required to keep communication clear on both ends. So it was about a 50-50 split I got help when I needed it in conversations with the gals and vice versa and that was a plus to help all concerned understand clearly.

So I met a total of about 30-32 women, I did not keep an accurate count as I was quite a busy fellow during all the initial meetings. I never actually had one of the large group meetings. It was just the way it worked out based on the selections I had made and the schedules of the girls and the days I was there. I had one meeting that was scheduled with three on the first day but one called and cancelled (more on this later) so it became a meeting of two. There were of course cancellations, no shows and such outside of the ones I did meet and talk with. The set up that Jamie has for all this is different and is not for everybody. It was bit hard on the head as the initial meetings pretty much end up being the same questions asked over and over again by the girls at least but not like they were following a scripted monologue.

I do agree with the way he does this though as dating anywhere is really a numbers game as we all know. The single meets are I would say are better for getting the women a little more relaxed and into conversation versus talking in front of a bunch of other girls. There were girls that were very prompt with the scheduled meeting time, some that were a few minutes late and some that were quite late. I did not take this to heart as this is the way things are there and did not base my judgement on seeing a girl for a morning, lunch or dinner date because of timing on their behalf. I went out with the girls that I wanted to talk with more because of the conversation we had in our first meeting not purely for looks and not purely for what they said either.

I did sit down for about ten minutes with Jamie and had a conversation which was not to over the top. He asked me about what I had thought about things after the first day and such and that was pretty much it for the agency part of the conversation the rest was normal kind of convo between a couple of guys. I did not keep him too long as he is a pretty busy dude as was I.

Now after all the meetings conversations dates and such there were two that I clicked with and them the same. The first one was the first introduction from the first day who was forty minutes late so we could only talk for twenty but there was some chemistry. The second one was the one who cancelled (This was a legit cancellation for family illness I checked things out thoroughly) that was supposed to be in the three girl meeting on the first day. She rescheduled for the second day and showed up 1-1/2 hours early from our scheduled meeting time and waited while I met and talked to two others. The first girl did not budget her travel time properly for the morning traffic rush and the distance she had to travel. She was either right on time or early for a meeting there after. The second girl was early for every subsequent meeting thereafter. I did not request this or make any statements to either about being late or cancelling previously and basically let them have enough rope to hang themselves and they did not. Both come from middle to upper middle class family’s both have finished university and both work full time.

None of this is either here nor there though as there is still a lot of communication that has to be accomplished over the next while with both of them to see if they are what I think they are. I am planning on returning in May to visit them both again depending on what transpires in communication in the upcoming months. Perhaps I will only be visiting one of them perhaps neither who knows. They are both really pretty close to being the same girl in personality, what they want in their lives, values, drive, motivation and such. I am also in no rush to get married just for the sake of not being alone (there are some guys like that) and I made that clear right off to both of them. I explained to both of them that I am pretty happy with my life and I don’t need to get married just for the sake of being married or being needy.

One question I did ask them both is if their parents knew about them being in the agency and both girls had told their family’s about this. This for me is a pretty important thing as it is strait across the board so no lying to the parents on how they met a foreign guy. In the initial meetings the girls that said no were out of the running for me as this is not an honest situation if it does get far enough along to meet mom and dad. I did not push to ask what their parents thought about it as those questions to them both will come in time.

Do I think that I am going to marry one of these girls? Can’t tell you one way or the other and the thought really has not crossed my mind as of yet. I do like them both equally and just like I said they are very close to being pretty much exactly the same woman in my opinion right now. Perhaps one will set herself apart from the other overtime perhaps things will continue the same with both of them really who knows. I am not looking to decide on anything currently nor do I have to settle for just the first piece of eye candy that bats her eyes and wiggles her A$$ in front of me. I find them both to be quite attractive by my standards. I saw gals down there that looked better and women that did not look as good…. Same as everywhere. It’s the combination of what they have that made the difference so far and perhaps in the future. Yes I did see a lot of stunning women while I was down but I did not walk around with my tongue hanging out and my balls dragging behind me. I know there are a lot of guys going down there that are just like that and there are a lot of really needy gringos running around. What surprised me though was the amount of eye contact and smiles I did get from women down there from the young ones in the 20’s to the 40 or so year olds. Found it to be funny but at the same time interesting. Being well dressed and well groomed I think is perhaps the biggest factor.

Yes I did take a camera and I have a lot of pictures, so no excuses from me that my phone got stolen while I was passed out or my camera broke or whatever else you may have heard from others about picture proof. No I am not going to post pictures of the girls here on the site in this post I am respecting their privacy on this matter. I am though posting a picture or two of me as I don’t feel that I need to hide from the world and really could not give a $hit if anyone sees me personally but it does reiterate that I really did make the trip and really was there in the country and not making up stories for internet fun. Just ignore the date and time stamp never set it up on the new camera.

Oh and in closing for any other Canadians that need clarification on the 160,000 peso visa fee take COP with you makes the customs guys happy if you have the exact funds in native currency and you do not have to pay the old thirty or thirty five departure tax any more just the 160,000 up front covers everything in and out

A fabulous and detailed trip Report Steve, sounds like you had a great time down there...

Did you ever pay much attention to what the girls did with regards to work etc etc? Did you ever find yourself trying yo kill time, especially after the initial introductions? This was something that bothered me during the day, killing time, there aint that much to in Baq after the initial first dates are over. Keep going out for meals with dozens of chicks soon stacks up the $

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 10:38:59 AM »

Personally, I don't know Jamie from Johnnie, but it always sounded to me like he ran a decent operation in an field where it's not that common. Nice to see some objective validation there. He did provide exactly what he says he provides which in my opinion is the most important part of this for someone deciding to use an agency. There are too many business of all types  on the planet that don't provide what they say they will provide. This is not a process that is right for every guy out there though. If you are lacking in social skills, confidence, self worth and such ( I think expat says something like living in moms basement in moose dick falls Idaho) stay home and work on yourself you will be better adept at keeping your eyes open and not being taken for a ride.   

How do you think in comparison it would have come out in numbers of women you met (prospects, not just warm bodies) and number of dollars spent if you just worked the internet setting up dates, got your own hotel and maybe tried to hire a translator?
Well Rob good question I think that expenses would probably be similar as there would be more logistical work that would have to be done on my end and any costs that could entail having to have more city coverage and such. Realistically I think in a situation like this when a guy uses an agency the dollars are not a huge factor as I would say that the majority of the guys are mature and have a couple of decades at least in their profession's and have an education. Now this is not every single guy but I would say does make up the probably largest percentage sure there are young guys and older retired guys in the mix. From what I experienced there while out in public, I don't think I would have any issue meeting more than enough women in regular situations but I would still have to meet a bunch to get any amount dates and second dates third dates ect. 

The Big Lebowski? Funny movie, even if my wife hates it (all the swearing and quirky stuff) but as for physical resemblance, I don't see it. Consider the source...

All the same, for being on a pretty cool wavelength IMHO, we'll give you the honorary title from 'The B.L.' of "The Dude" for the rest of the month, try and abide with you won't F with the rug! ::) 8)

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »
Nice report. Glad you had fun. I can't lie though are some stunners out that particular city. I know why guys like going out that way now

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 10:56:41 AM »

A fabulous and detailed trip Report Steve, sounds like you had a great time down there...

Did you ever pay much attention to what the girls did with regards to work etc etc? Did you ever find yourself trying yo kill time, especially after the initial introductions? This was something that bothered me during the day, killing time, there aint that much to in Baq after the initial first dates are over. Keep going out for meals with dozens of chicks soon stacks up the $

Yes work questioning was inevitable on both ends as well as education and all the other dry getting to know you details. I had almost no down time except for one day that I wanted to myself so I could go shopping to work on my wardrobe and just experiment a bit with regular local women with out having a date with me and compare the situation to what I experience here. Had a few dinners out but for the most part meals were pretty simple with the two I am interested in,,,, so the bank never got broken on expensive restaurants they were quite happy with regular outings like coffee and a pastry or getting a Cuban for lunch something simple.   

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 11:27:40 AM »
I plan on going to Jamie's sometime in March/April.  Pardon me if I missed it, but how much time did you spend in BAQ?  I plan on staying 7 days due to my work schedule (I am a teacher). 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 11:40:13 AM »
I plan on going to Jamie's sometime in March/April.  Pardon me if I missed it, but how much time did you spend in BAQ?  I plan on staying 7 days due to my work schedule (I am a teacher).

Spring break week I assume.   I had one trip in Barranquilla at Jamie's,  where I was having such a good time that I extended it by several days and happily took the heat when I got back to the states...

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »

Spring break week I assume.   I had one trip in Barranquilla at Jamie's,  where I was having such a good time that I extended it by several days and happily took the heat when I got back to the states...

Fathertime!

Heck, never mind the heat from staying on, as long as your job's still waiting--were I single again and a bit younger--that kind of 'cooking'--namely 'Spring Break' sounds like a mighty fine recipe!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »

Offline DRGUY1

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »

Good report Steve….Chemistry is the key when you meet that many women in such a short period of time.

Time will tell how sincere they are, and if one will separate herself from the other.

Worst case, you'll be visiting 2 Latinas again in May.

Good Read...

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »
Heck, never mind the heat from staying on, as long as your job's still waiting--were I single again and a bit younger--that kind of 'cooking'--namely 'Spring Break' sounds like a mighty fine recipe!

Reading all these posts and also observing the profiles on Jamie's site, I understand what you're talking about.  However, I owe it to my students to be there.  I plan on going back (if everything works out) during the summer for an extended stay. 

My real question:  Is seven days long enough?  I do have some women in mind (from Jamie's website) that I find attractive. 

Any help with be much appreciated.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 08:53:02 PM »
Reading all these posts and also observing the profiles on Jamie's site, I understand what you're talking about.  However, I owe it to my students to be there.  I plan on going back (if everything works out) during the summer for an extended stay. 

My real question:  Is seven days long enough?  I do have some women in mind (from Jamie's website) that I find attractive. 

Sorry Bud,  But a few days is a hors d'oeuvre,  a week's an appetizer. Hell,  I sometimes wonder if a lifetime is long enough. Sometimes we have to struggle to 'make the time',  but I'd guess most guys would say you need two or three weeks to make it worth your time and to really grasp the situation.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 10:12:54 PM »

Well Bill, I think 1 week will make you want more time....BUT assuming your summer vacation is just a couple months away, you are setting yourself up really well.  I'd say 7 days is ok for a first trip...If you have your summer open then you can figure out what you want to do from there. 

If you already have your trip planned for certain, you should consider contacting several of your personal favorites and getting the ball rolling...I don't know if Jamie recommends that because you are also going to have the very good option to meet several dozen women during the group sessions...but if it were me, I'd want to get a head start....in addition if you still learning spanish, now is a great time to improve it before you hit the ground.

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:29 AM »
My trip was 12 days but two or three more would not have hurt. Depending on how may girls are interested in meeting you, you might have 3-4 full days of introductions which does not leave you a lot of time to get to know a girl or two a bit better before your trip is up. Be prepared to meet 6-8 girls per day and you should meet all of the ones that are scheduled to meet you that show up. The two that I have clicked with one was the very first introduction on day one and  the other gal was introduction number nineteen on day two. Don't short yourself the time on the first trip, take it later...... you have more  time to prepare more time on the ground and more time to spend with women you have chemistry with. I am planning on heading back in May for a week which will be enough time to date the two I am interested in and see what happens from there.

It's your call man. 

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
Well Bill, I think 1 week will make you want more time....BUT assuming your summer vacation is just a couple months away, you are setting yourself up really well.  I'd say 7 days is ok for a first trip...If you have your summer open then you can figure out what you want to do from there. 

If you already have your trip planned for certain, you should consider contacting several of your personal favorites and getting the ball rolling...I don't know if Jamie recommends that because you are also going to have the very good option to meet several dozen women during the group sessions...but if it were me, I'd want to get a head start....in addition if you still learning spanish, now is a great time to improve it before you hit the ground.

Fathertime!

Thanks for the advice!  I live in California, so Spanish will not be the biggest obstacle.  However, some of my students laugh at me when I try talking Spanish in class.

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 11:18:32 AM »
Sorry Bud,  But a few days is a hors d'oeuvre,  a week's an appetizer. Hell,  I sometimes wonder if a lifetime is long enough. Sometimes we have to struggle to 'make the time',  but I'd guess most guys would say you need two or three weeks to make it worth your time and to really grasp the situation.

Thanks for the advice.  I guess I just have money to burn.  I guess the trip in March/April will let me know if this works.  During the summer I can make that "life time" trip (maybe a month).

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »
My trip was 12 days but two or three more would not have hurt. Depending on how may girls are interested in meeting you, you might have 3-4 full days of introductions which does not leave you a lot of time to get to know a girl or two a bit better before your trip is up. Be prepared to meet 6-8 girls per day and you should meet all of the ones that are scheduled to meet you that show up. The two that I have clicked with one was the very first introduction on day one and  the other gal was introduction number nineteen on day two. Don't short yourself the time on the first trip, take it later...... you have more  time to prepare more time on the ground and more time to spend with women you have chemistry with. I am planning on heading back in May for a week which will be enough time to date the two I am interested in and see what happens from there.

It's your call man.

Thanks for the time you took to report your trip to BAQ.  Part of me right now is thinking about saving money and waiting for the Summer, but I might be in the same situation I am in now (school may want me to work summer school).  It is what it is, I am single, good looking (in my opinion).  And young enough to pull this off (38 years old).  I have never been married, and I don't have kids.  For whatever reason, I don't want to play around anymore and want to settle down with a latina hottie!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »
Thanks for the time you took to report your trip to BAQ.  Part of me right now is thinking about saving money and waiting for the Summer, but I might be in the same situation I am in now (school may want me to work summer school).  It is what it is, I am single, good looking (in my opinion).  And young enough to pull this off (38 years old).  I have never been married, and I don't have kids.  For whatever reason, I don't want to play around anymore and want to settle down with a latina hottie!

Reading around here a bit--has it given you any pause and inclination to look at the Philippines? A free look at profiles on the free websites would show you how 400 or so years of Spanish occupation of their country has produced some babes that look much like Latinas, but typically are far more even tempered. And they speak English. Fifty plus million females too.....

Offline Awesome

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »
It is what it is, I am single, good looking (in my opinion).  And young enough to pull this off (38 years old).  I have never been married, and I don't have kids.  For whatever reason, I don't want to play around anymore and want to settle down with a latina hottie!

I have to ask the same question I ask alot of guys who live in areas with a large latino population.  Why colombia when there are literally millions of latinas right in your own backyard?  The guys in their 50's and 60's yea I can understand but you're only 38 and "good looking".

Offline fathertime

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »

I have to ask the same question I ask alot of guys who live in areas with a large latino population.  Why colombia when there are literally millions of latinas right in your own backyard?  The guys in their 50's and 60's yea I can understand but you're only 38 and "good looking".

Hey Awesome,
I am curious to here Bill's answer too.   I know for me, I simply felt I could do MUCH better in Colombian (in terms of a good looking lady) than I could locally.  I had what a woman might consider significant 'baggage' ....in addition I like the adventure aspect to it...   Of course there are some serious downsides as well, as we are reading on the other thread.

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2015, 01:54:27 PM »

Back in the day, I would have said that the quality of woman you can get in Latin America was much higher than the quality of the local Latinas. My wife has a rather unique name for a Latina and when I met her, if you googled her name, she was the only one on the web. Now there are dozens and that's only 12 years later. When I see kids in Monteria interested in KPop and some of them speaking pretty good English just from TV and the web, then I know things have changed. And probably NOT for the better.  The world has become smaller and more homogenized so I don't think there is a lot of difference in quality any longer.

I would recommend any guy wanting to meet local Latinas to attend Spanish Mass at their local Catholic church. Plenty of single women and very nice to look at - unfortunately my wife always insists we sit in the first frigging row!

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2015, 05:18:55 PM »

I am a mathematician, so maybe it just the "equation" part that makes it feel like something to do (meeting women that specifically want to date men from USA).  Moreover, those women on that site are really good looking.  Women that look like that here in San Diego do not want to date a mathematics teacher.  Whereas, women in Colombia might really like that idea.

I am probably closer to a five or six.
I   

Offline billinsandiego

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2015, 05:23:41 PM »
Reading around here a bit--has it given you any pause and inclination to look at the Philippines? A free look at profiles on the free websites would show you how 400 or so years of Spanish occupation of their country has produced some babes that look much like Latinas, but typically are far more even tempered. And they speak English. Fifty plus million females too.....

To answer your question, I am attracted to all types of women.  Do you know if any of those sites have the same set up as Jamie's?  I have tried those "free websites".  Although I am able to have a conversation and perhaps video conferences nothing beats a face-to-face meeting.  It seems that after a while, the women is asking when I am going to visit.    That's why I was considering using Jamie's services.  I just don't want to visit a country with no "friends".

Offline Awesome

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »
I am a mathematician, so maybe it just the "equation" part that makes it feel like something to do (meeting women that specifically want to date men from USA).  Moreover, those women on that site are really good looking.  Women that look like that here in San Diego do not want to date a mathematics teacher.  Whereas, women in Colombia might really like that idea.

I

Ok that makes sense.  I was just wondering.  I'd still advise a guy in your position to venture more into the local latino community just to get a little more used to dealing with the culture and language.  Find the restaurants in the latino neighborhoods and go chat up the waitresses, do a little flirting.  It couldn't hurt to practice your social skills in that setting and who knows what it could lead to. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »
To answer your question, I am attracted to all types of women.  Do you know if any of those sites have the same set up as Jamie's?  I have tried those "free websites".  Although I am able to have a conversation and perhaps video conferences nothing beats a face-to-face meeting.  It seems that after a while, the women is asking when I am going to visit.    That's why I was considering using Jamie's services.  I just don't want to visit a country with no "friends".

None that I can think of recommending anyways. Too many of those agencies are shady, the quality of women questionable and chock full of 'left overs' and women scorned. Same with the on-line sites, but given the much larger amount of women, you can meet relatively new, unjaded but educated women eventually.

One must tread carefully. That said, if you take the time to again 'carefully' meet and get to know people in the Philippines, you're almost certainly guaranteed a friendly, pleasant vacation, with connections right off the bat.

The fact that there isn't a real significant language barrier and how approachable the people you meet will be are considerations. Not all Latinas have fiery tempers, but I have that temperament sometimes and know for me, steering clear of that type is best.

Not sure how well I'd do having to rely on a translator. How USA friendly a place seems is a consideration. But then, the Philippines is an awfully long and expensive plane ride, even if airfares are as low as I've seen in a decade. Choices, choices....!

If you're 38 and even if you want to have kids, I'd guesstimate you actually have 4 or 5 years where you're still in a 'sweet spot'. By 'sweet spot' I mean you're still attractive to younger women, able to have kids even after a year or two married, and see them grow up before you're a dinosaur. Also important to realize that you still have the time to be both thorough and pragmatic in your search. You're obviously no dummy and realize being hasty here can have severe repercussions.

"Good morning, Billinsandiego. Your mission, Bill, should you choose to accept it. As always should any member of your IMF force be caught or killed, Planet-Love will disavow all knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck Bill." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55NuWQCh78

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »

Ok that makes sense.  I was just wondering.  I'd still advise a guy in your position to venture more into the local latino community just to get a little more used to dealing with the culture and language.  Find the restaurants in the latino neighborhoods and go chat up the waitresses, do a little flirting.  It couldn't hurt to practice your social skills in that setting and who knows what it could lead to.
I would also recommend exploring your local Latinas first. It's alot cheaper and alot less risky...

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »

I

Well Bill I would not worry about rating yourself on the number system. There are guys uglier than you and guys better looking just like for all of us. Dress nice when you meet the  women, properly groomed and smelling good does make a difference no matter where you are at. I lost out on getting second dates with a couple of girls because of my size. I am 5"-9" and right now 240 pounds when my pictures were taken at the end of the summer I was about 205 so in the pictures I looked a lot more slim. They did not like really thick men, no big deal everyone has a preference.

I know you are on the fence so I won't push you one way or the other. The two women that I clicked with are not the most attractive girls of the ones I met nor are they the least attractive. They separate themselves with who they are currently. This may change in time as we communicate more, but I wake up to e mails from both every morning since I have been back ..............time will tell though.

Being a teacher is a bonus for you if the women you meet want kids in my opinion shows something about you and what you think about making youth better through education.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »
I'm probably a 5, maybe pass for a 6 on a good day.  Give me a couple shots of tequila and I'll swear I'm a 7.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 197