It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: July 4th through 18th Trip report at Jamie's  (Read 6474 times)

Offline LatinSharpei

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
July 4th through 18th Trip report at Jamie's
« on: July 27, 2013, 10:37:06 AM »
 So to start off I had to leave Denver at Midnight and arrive in Miami at 5:40 AM just missing the morning direct flight to Barranquilla so I had to wait 10 hours in the Airport before the next flight arrive in Barranquilla.  When I arrived in Barranquilla the ATM’s would not accept my ATM cards… I called in to let USBank know I was leaving the country but they block everything till they know it really is me… So when I arrived Jamie already had spoken with my mom and had information waiting so that I could get the Card issue squared… After I got the use issue resolved he personally took me to an ATM so that I could get cash and not stress out over not having cash…  I can honestly say Jamie made sure that I was getting what I needed through out the trip and advised when it was needed…  At the Airport I was greeted by my translator Faisy and one of the girls that I had selected… We had good conversation but it just was not the connection I was looking for so Faisy put her in a cab and sent her on her way… There was a strike the night that I arrived so my date canceled on me for dinner… Which was fine cause of the issue with my card.  It allowed me to get my affairs in order and  start fresh in the morning.
Friday morning I had a full day of date and meals set up… We started with breakfast with one of the girls… She was pretty awesome cause I could talk sports with her all day… She actually was excited about sports and knew her stuff.  I knew Edgar Renteria was a local product we had something to build off of.    She was unfortunately was a Dodgers fan be I over looked that fatal flaw J   I would later have drinks with her that night.  The rest of the day was filled with introductions…   Friday night I had a group introduction and the girl that was supposed to have dinner with the first night was in the group.  She showed up a little early and I got to talk with her… Unfortunately when rated the girls in the order I wanted to meet she was my number 1…  She seemed to of done her research on me and read my profile was able to illusion me one into dinner on Saturday night…  I will explain how that went later and the values of someone like Jamie watching over us gringos… But I met three prospects out of that group meeting so it was very productive…
On Saturday I had breakfast with one of the girls I met through the introductions on Friday… That kinda showed me that this one and I did not have chemistry… I had a few more introductions and lunch with one of the girls from my group meet…. I have to say that if Sunday night would not have happened the way it did I probably would have wanted to work on something with this girl.  She was beautiful and had a wonderful personality… After lunch I had more introductions and then did a scramble to get ready for my date with the girl I rated first on my list, I now call her the “Ice Princess”… So I went all out for this girl… I went to grad school for history and politics… I stole a little thing from Russian customs in that they only give even numbers of flowers at funnerals.  So I gave her an odd number of roses and 3 white added… I came up with a nice story and tried to be sweet to her… My translator was seeing a lot of the same things I was on the date that she was not into the moment… The girl had completely researched me… Talked about Spartacus like she knew it… She didn’t.  She got that information from the question favorite movies….  I asked her who her favorite gladiator was and she could only say “El”.  I talked a little more about it and it was clear she did not know so I changed subjects.  Eventually my date went to the bathroom and Faisy , my translator and I were able to talk… We both had the same feeling so when she got back a little later I got up paid the check and hit the restroom.  Faisy was able to talk with the girl and she insisted she was interested… So after I paid the tab I went back to the agency where I was staying with the “Ice Princess” We had our alone time and she seemed really off… So I kinda asked her what the deal was… She said she had been with an American before and he went back the US and cheated on her or something along those lines… We talked and I told her that is not the way I was… Through out the conversation and some kissing she  would continually text someone… It was getting annoying.  While texting the conversation led to what she was expecting.  I told her if she thought I was out here to play then I would stop the dates and see her if she was willing to commit  to spening the time with me… After enough of the texting I was annoyed so the conversation died and she headed home. 
The next morning I had breakfast with Faisy, my translator and one of the girls…. One the taxi ride back Faisy talked to be about the way the date went.  Obviously she saw all the red flags… When we got back to the agency she let Jamie know what was going on… I went into Jamie’s office for something other than last night’s and he saved me from a huge mistake with the Ice Princess in stopping dates and accepting that kind disrespect.  After that conversation I had a few moments to think about it and he was right… I dropped all thoughts of spending time with that girl… I had a few meetings before my dinner date.. The last date of Sunday night my girl walked in J  When she walked in she had a smile that snagged me from the beginning… Our conversation just flowed and it was like the time was up before I knew it… When I met with Faisy to let her know yes or no… I told her I wanted to see her ASAP put her at the top of the list.  Faisy was able to get me drinks with her that night…   
I had an issue in my past and I refuse to lie about it to the girls… My dinner date asked me some specifics about my past and I gave it to her straight…. We had good conversation the rest of the dinner… We ordered 2 cabs so I could get my Drinks date and the girl could head home… Faisy really started to show how she was an asset when this girl started to act fickle about more dates… Saying she did not know and wanted to talk with her mom about all of this.  She told her that my time is valuable and I could not wait around for a decision… So that ended with me and that girl parting ways… She was a great girl but I just think she lets fear rule her world and would have ended in her backing out after a while when I got back to the states…
I then had drinks with my girl at this place called the Beer House… They have a place outside that makes drinks and shots…  We had drinks and good conversation…  Most the girls have never been served shots that were flaming.. So doing those shots were adventurous and fun for the girls… I made my first major mistakes with the Spanish language… I thought my Spanish was good but I learned quickly I was like Balky Bartokmous from that show perfect strangers down there… I tried to pay by date a complement telling her I liked her warm and caring personality.. Well I told her that she was horny and caring… That kinda shocked the girl…  I knew something was not coming out right so I told her I think I put my foot in my mouth… That saying holds no meaning in  Colombia… So now it looked like I was kinky and looking for some action… Faisy was able to bail me out and explain what I was trying to say…  By the end of the night we both really knew we wanted more with each other… Learning from the conversation with Jamie I did not jump all in… I went and paid the check went to the bathroom… While doing my thing my girl was asking Faisy about the number of girls I am seeing and  a lot of other questions to size up the competition.  Faisy handled all of that phenomenally and funneled it all back to me. When I got back we opened up about what we though and felt… I told her at that point I have dates already set up but if she will have dinner with me on Tuesday night if there are no miracles then I would  give her a commitment…  By Monday night I could not get the girl off my mind and I was not all that crazy about having dinner with another girl… I canceled my dinner date and asked Faisy to call my girl and ask her to see tonight… I don’t care how just see me.  She came a little late but this was really short notice so I could not complain… I got what I wanted in the end which was seeing her. 
Tuesday night I took my girl to Pulpo Paul.. They had really good food… For the three of us the bill was reasonable… They went out of their way to make the night special… Earlier that day I had brought rose petals and roses to the restaurant.  They set all that out for me for when my girl got there she was surprised… The picture of her smile at that moment is one that I will never lose… That smile made it all worth it.  That night I gave her a an anklet and asked her to be my girl… She accepted…
So from Wednesday till the following Thursday when I left we were together every day… We had stuff planned for everyday  We went to the Zoo , which was pretty cool and they have a nice set up there… The next day we took a train up to the mouth of the river… If they take you there… Wear tennis shoes and clothes that are good for hiking… I wore boots and a nicer pair of jeans and it was a tougher hike but we made it…  This place is awesome for pics with your girl and just a nice talk while you hike…  The big thing for Friday was dinner with her mom and grandma… The lunch and conversation lasted till dinner time.  So I thought it went well… We took in some movies one day and the We then took a few days and went to Cartagena… Stayed a few days at an inclusive resort for about 200 a night… But that took care of the food and drink and all… The excitement there was quite interesting… Not knowing if she could swim we rented a jet ski… She was having fun when I was jumping the waves and we were zipping around.  However just my luck I flipped the jet ski…She was quite shocked and a little pissed off at me… when she was flailing around in the water I realized she could not swim… I grabed her and pulled her over to the jet ski and tossed her back on top… But at that point she was scared and not happy… When I went to climb on the jet ski was tilting and she was like no stop you are gonna flip it… I asked her if I had to swim to shore?  She was like no but its gonna flip… So just told her to close her eyes and hold on.. I pulled my self up all quick and then let her cruise around driving the jet ski… She had fun with it and was a good spot about losing her sunglasses in the ocean…   Something at the resort or some where through the trip I picked up a parasite… So I was starting to feel sick… She took care of my and made sure I got the meds I needed and asked for at the hotel… I was not going to let this time be ruined by an upset stomach and the runs… Hell I finished my freshman season as a tailback with a broken ankle so this was childs play.. When I got back I passed the parasite… At that point they took me to the pharmacy to get something to kill the eggs…
We only had a day left once I got back so we went to the market to shop for souvenirs for friends… She took care of all the bartering for me… It was a really great experience seeing her take care of me for the past few days… I guess god had a plan for me to suffer a little to see the gold of her heart…It was worth the pain and discomfort…

Conclusion…
I can not speak for or against any other agency in Colombia as I have not stayed with them or tried their services… What I can say is Jamie run’s a very good business… He watches out and takes care of his Gringos while they are down there.  No matter what the question was while I was down there he had the answers… I almost made a huge mistake with the Ice Princess and he showed me the error in what I was doing.. With out him and Faisy spotting the red flag I could have been either married to misery or wasted a lot of money and my vacation time on girl that flaked out.  Faisy was such an asset  to have with me… She was more than just a translator.. She helped Identify when girls were not quite serious and helped my and my girls relationship move along… One of the things that really made me appreciate Faisy was that my girl was worried she would not beable to communicate with me due to my broken Spanish…  But she told my girl that Cartagena just me and her was a better idea… That was where me and My girl grew and became one…By the time we got back we had become one and were able to communicate like a normal couple.  I feel like I got everything I paid for… People have said that Jamie’s service is a tad pricy but really with all they do its right on… There were nights I had Faisy with me till 1 AM… So she was working from 9 AM to 1 AM… Jamie and Faisy were willing to do anything they could to help… Faisy and my girl have become friends and talk from time to time..   I know Faisy did a good job because me and my girl were having difficulty communicating one day over the phone and both were frustrated… So she trusted Faisy to call her and have her explain… Not that I don’t trust or want her in the relationship I had to put my foot down on this cause Faisy would not be living with us in the United States and Faisy is not my girlfriend so we needed to figure it out… After we both slowed down and explained what were trying to say it was all good…  The point to sharing this is little snag is people don’t invite the world into their relationship if they value and treasure it… I believe we both do at this point…  So for her to call and trust Faisy explains the value and level of trust this agency has earned with both the men and women that meet through there… This speaks of their professionalism and desire for their members to find success and true love.

Offline beulah

Re: July 4th through 18th Trip report at Jamie's
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »
LS this a really good report. Thanks for taking the time to write it.  If I travel to Barranquilla I know Jaime's company can be trusted.  Much success to you in the future.

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »
Thanks for the report and glad you had fun......
Sorry to hear that you got sick on your trip.  That is just no fun at all.  I think most of us that have gone to BQ have gotten sick.  I had to be hospitalized in BQ once, and then again in the US and put on IV antibiotics to kill whatever pest was living in my Colon. 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »

Offline LatinSharpei

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 01:40:36 PM »
I started popping 2 pepto tabs every day five days before I left and during the trip.  I think that really helped...  I was stupid and drank some frozen drinks at the bar we went to and still lasted 2  weeks with only a slight sickness...  Those pepto tabs really helped leave a coat in my stomach...  I would recommend any one going to do this being its a5 dollar move to delay and minimize the effects.   

By the way I think I found the only girl in the world that laughs at a guy when he says he has diareah...  She says its how I say it...  I told her that she thinks it funny that I have it... On going internal joke

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 01:02:31 AM »
another visitor sick in BAQ. SMH
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 07:24:13 AM »
C'mon Bcc...seriously?

Men are repeatedly advised of what to do in order to prevent getting sick in Barranquilla on this discussion board. Jamie even sends clients detailed instructions about the city and things you have to look out for before their first trip. Yet every single man that gets sick mentions a situation when he broke one of those rules anyway. It's not an automatic thing...you just have to be careful and keep it in mind everywhere you go to eat. If you were in a 3rd World African Country you most definitely would not just drink or eat anything put in front of you. Men should approach eating and drinking in Barranquilla the same way. There was only one occasion where I got sick in Barranquilla and I broke one of those rules...BIG TIME! That was years ago, and now that I know better I've never gotten ill again. If the possibility of you becoming ill from eating the local cuisine or drinking the water were the determining factor in where you were willing to travel internationally, there's not many places outside of North America and Europe you could go.

Are you seriously trying to suggest guys don't get sick in Mexico, Peru or Ecuador?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:42:58 AM by benjio »

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 09:06:10 AM »
C'mon Bcc...seriously?

Men are repeatedly advised of what to do in order to prevent getting sick in Barranquilla on this discussion board. Jamie even sends clients detailed instructions about the city and things you have to look out for before their first trip. Yet every single man that gets sick mentions a situation when he broke one of those rules anyway. It's not an automatic thing...you just have to be careful and keep it in mind everywhere you go to eat. 

Agreed, he should have used better judgement....  I spent a fair bit of time in Cartagena and BAQ a few years back and didn't get sick...

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 09:19:42 AM »
The last date of Sunday night my girl walked in J  When she walked in she had a smile that snagged me from the beginning… Our conversation just flowed and it was like the time was up before I knew it… When I met with Faisy to let her know yes or no… I told her I wanted to see her ASAP put her at the top of the list.  Faisy was able to get me drinks with her that night…   
I then had drinks with my girl at this place called the Beer House… They have a place outside that makes drinks and shots…  We had drinks and good conversation…

While doing my thing my girl was asking Faisy about the number of girls I am seeing and  a lot of other questions to size up the competition.  Faisy handled all of that phenomenally and funneled it all back to me. When I got back we opened up about what we though and felt… I told her at that point I have dates already set up but if she will have dinner with me on Tuesday night if there are no miracles then I would  give her a commitment…  By Monday night I could not get the girl off my mind and I was not all that crazy about having dinner with another girl… I canceled my dinner date and asked Faisy to call my girl and ask her to see tonight… I don’t care how just see me.  She came a little late but this was really short notice so I could not complain… I got what I wanted in the end which was seeing her. 

They went out of their way to make the night special… Earlier that day I had brought rose petals and roses to the restaurant.  They set all that out for me for when my girl got there she was surprised… The picture of her smile at that moment is one that I will never lose… That smile made it all worth it.  That night I gave her a an anklet and asked her to be my girl… She accepted…
So from Wednesday till the following Thursday when I left we were together every day… We had stuff planned for everyday 

Looks like latinsharpei  is getting in over his head - but that may not be uncommon for a newbie.  Anyone else see a pattern or red flag here?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
Major sugar rush--blinded by the hot light. No need to rush--if anybody loves anybody that much, they will wait for at least another visit. Laying down all of your first hand of cards after you just got into a casino for the first time (basically what appears to be going on here) is not sound, logical thinking. Show some reserve.

I've heard about cases of the runs, but this one takes the cake.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:51:07 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline gyounger

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 10:09:12 AM »

Agreed, he should have used better judgement....  I spent a fair bit of time in Cartagena and BAQ a few years back and didn't get sick...

Me too.
Three times in BQ no sickness.
First time in Peru, I ate some anticucho my last night there and got sick with stomach problems the day after I returned to the US.
Could have been a change in diet.

Offline gyounger

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 10:15:34 AM »
So to start off I had to leave Denver at Midnight and arrive in Miami at 5:40 AM just missing the morning direct flight to Barranquilla so I had to wait 10 hours in the Airport before the next flight arrive in Barranquilla.  When I arrived in Barranquilla the ATM’s would not accept my ATM cards… I called in to let USBank know I was leaving the country but they block everything till they know it really is me… So when I arrived Jamie already had spoken with my mom and had information waiting so that I could get the Card issue squared… After I got the use issue resolved he personally took me to an ATM so that I could get cash and not stress out over not having cash…  I can honestly say Jamie made sure that I was getting what I needed through out the trip and advised when it was needed…  At the Airport I was greeted by my translator Faisy and one of the girls that I had selected… We had good conversation but it just was not the connection I was looking for so Faisy put her in a cab and sent her on her way… There was a strike the night that I arrived so my date canceled on me for dinner… Which was fine cause of the issue with my card.  It allowed me to get my affairs in order and  start fresh in the morning.
Friday morning I had a full day of date and meals set up… We started with breakfast with one of the girls… She was pretty awesome cause I could talk sports with her all day… She actually was excited about sports and knew her stuff.  I knew Edgar Renteria was a local product we had something to build off of.    She was unfortunately was a Dodgers fan be I over looked that fatal flaw J   I would later have drinks with her that night.  The rest of the day was filled with introductions…   Friday night I had a group introduction and the girl that was supposed to have dinner with the first night was in the group.  She showed up a little early and I got to talk with her… Unfortunately when rated the girls in the order I wanted to meet she was my number 1…  She seemed to of done her research on me and read my profile was able to illusion me one into dinner on Saturday night…  I will explain how that went later and the values of someone like Jamie watching over us gringos… But I met three prospects out of that group meeting so it was very productive…
On Saturday I had breakfast with one of the girls I met through the introductions on Friday… That kinda showed me that this one and I did not have chemistry… I had a few more introductions and lunch with one of the girls from my group meet…. I have to say that if Sunday night would not have happened the way it did I probably would have wanted to work on something with this girl.  She was beautiful and had a wonderful personality… After lunch I had more introductions and then did a scramble to get ready for my date with the girl I rated first on my list, I now call her the “Ice Princess”… So I went all out for this girl… I went to grad school for history and politics… I stole a little thing from Russian customs in that they only give even numbers of flowers at funnerals.  So I gave her an odd number of roses and 3 white added… I came up with a nice story and tried to be sweet to her… My translator was seeing a lot of the same things I was on the date that she was not into the moment… The girl had completely researched me… Talked about Spartacus like she knew it… She didn’t.  She got that information from the question favorite movies….  I asked her who her favorite gladiator was and she could only say “El”.  I talked a little more about it and it was clear she did not know so I changed subjects.  Eventually my date went to the bathroom and Faisy , my translator and I were able to talk… We both had the same feeling so when she got back a little later I got up paid the check and hit the restroom.  Faisy was able to talk with the girl and she insisted she was interested… So after I paid the tab I went back to the agency where I was staying with the “Ice Princess” We had our alone time and she seemed really off… So I kinda asked her what the deal was… She said she had been with an American before and he went back the US and cheated on her or something along those lines… We talked and I told her that is not the way I was… Through out the conversation and some kissing she  would continually text someone… It was getting annoying.  While texting the conversation led to what she was expecting.  I told her if she thought I was out here to play then I would stop the dates and see her if she was willing to commit  to spening the time with me… After enough of the texting I was annoyed so the conversation died and she headed home. 
The next morning I had breakfast with Faisy, my translator and one of the girls…. One the taxi ride back Faisy talked to be about the way the date went.  Obviously she saw all the red flags… When we got back to the agency she let Jamie know what was going on… I went into Jamie’s office for something other than last night’s and he saved me from a huge mistake with the Ice Princess in stopping dates and accepting that kind disrespect.  After that conversation I had a few moments to think about it and he was right… I dropped all thoughts of spending time with that girl… I had a few meetings before my dinner date.. The last date of Sunday night my girl walked in J  When she walked in she had a smile that snagged me from the beginning… Our conversation just flowed and it was like the time was up before I knew it… When I met with Faisy to let her know yes or no… I told her I wanted to see her ASAP put her at the top of the list.  Faisy was able to get me drinks with her that night…   
I had an issue in my past and I refuse to lie about it to the girls… My dinner date asked me some specifics about my past and I gave it to her straight…. We had good conversation the rest of the dinner… We ordered 2 cabs so I could get my Drinks date and the girl could head home… Faisy really started to show how she was an asset when this girl started to act fickle about more dates… Saying she did not know and wanted to talk with her mom about all of this.  She told her that my time is valuable and I could not wait around for a decision… So that ended with me and that girl parting ways… She was a great girl but I just think she lets fear rule her world and would have ended in her backing out after a while when I got back to the states…
I then had drinks with my girl at this place called the Beer House… They have a place outside that makes drinks and shots…  We had drinks and good conversation…  Most the girls have never been served shots that were flaming.. So doing those shots were adventurous and fun for the girls… I made my first major mistakes with the Spanish language… I thought my Spanish was good but I learned quickly I was like Balky Bartokmous from that show perfect strangers down there… I tried to pay by date a complement telling her I liked her warm and caring personality.. Well I told her that she was horny and caring… That kinda shocked the girl…  I knew something was not coming out right so I told her I think I put my foot in my mouth… That saying holds no meaning in  Colombia… So now it looked like I was kinky and looking for some action… Faisy was able to bail me out and explain what I was trying to say…  By the end of the night we both really knew we wanted more with each other… Learning from the conversation with Jamie I did not jump all in… I went and paid the check went to the bathroom… While doing my thing my girl was asking Faisy about the number of girls I am seeing and  a lot of other questions to size up the competition.  Faisy handled all of that phenomenally and funneled it all back to me. When I got back we opened up about what we though and felt… I told her at that point I have dates already set up but if she will have dinner with me on Tuesday night if there are no miracles then I would  give her a commitment…  By Monday night I could not get the girl off my mind and I was not all that crazy about having dinner with another girl… I canceled my dinner date and asked Faisy to call my girl and ask her to see tonight… I don’t care how just see me.  She came a little late but this was really short notice so I could not complain… I got what I wanted in the end which was seeing her. 
Tuesday night I took my girl to Pulpo Paul.. They had really good food… For the three of us the bill was reasonable… They went out of their way to make the night special… Earlier that day I had brought rose petals and roses to the restaurant.  They set all that out for me for when my girl got there she was surprised… The picture of her smile at that moment is one that I will never lose… That smile made it all worth it.  That night I gave her a an anklet and asked her to be my girl… She accepted…
So from Wednesday till the following Thursday when I left we were together every day… We had stuff planned for everyday  We went to the Zoo , which was pretty cool and they have a nice set up there… The next day we took a train up to the mouth of the river… If they take you there… Wear tennis shoes and clothes that are good for hiking… I wore boots and a nicer pair of jeans and it was a tougher hike but we made it…  This place is awesome for pics with your girl and just a nice talk while you hike…  The big thing for Friday was dinner with her mom and grandma… The lunch and conversation lasted till dinner time.  So I thought it went well… We took in some movies one day and the We then took a few days and went to Cartagena… Stayed a few days at an inclusive resort for about 200 a night… But that took care of the food and drink and all… The excitement there was quite interesting… Not knowing if she could swim we rented a jet ski… She was having fun when I was jumping the waves and we were zipping around.  However just my luck I flipped the jet ski…She was quite shocked and a little pissed off at me… when she was flailing around in the water I realized she could not swim… I grabed her and pulled her over to the jet ski and tossed her back on top… But at that point she was scared and not happy… When I went to climb on the jet ski was tilting and she was like no stop you are gonna flip it… I asked her if I had to swim to shore?  She was like no but its gonna flip… So just told her to close her eyes and hold on.. I pulled my self up all quick and then let her cruise around driving the jet ski… She had fun with it and was a good spot about losing her sunglasses in the ocean…   Something at the resort or some where through the trip I picked up a parasite… So I was starting to feel sick… She took care of my and made sure I got the meds I needed and asked for at the hotel… I was not going to let this time be ruined by an upset stomach and the runs… Hell I finished my freshman season as a tailback with a broken ankle so this was childs play.. When I got back I passed the parasite… At that point they took me to the pharmacy to get something to kill the eggs…
We only had a day left once I got back so we went to the market to shop for souvenirs for friends… She took care of all the bartering for me… It was a really great experience seeing her take care of me for the past few days… I guess god had a plan for me to suffer a little to see the gold of her heart…It was worth the pain and discomfort…

Conclusion…
I can not speak for or against any other agency in Colombia as I have not stayed with them or tried their services… What I can say is Jamie run’s a very good business… He watches out and takes care of his Gringos while they are down there.  No matter what the question was while I was down there he had the answers… I almost made a huge mistake with the Ice Princess and he showed me the error in what I was doing.. With out him and Faisy spotting the red flag I could have been either married to misery or wasted a lot of money and my vacation time on girl that flaked out.  Faisy was such an asset  to have with me… She was more than just a translator.. She helped Identify when girls were not quite serious and helped my and my girls relationship move along… One of the things that really made me appreciate Faisy was that my girl was worried she would not beable to communicate with me due to my broken Spanish…  But she told my girl that Cartagena just me and her was a better idea… That was where me and My girl grew and became one…By the time we got back we had become one and were able to communicate like a normal couple.  I feel like I got everything I paid for… People have said that Jamie’s service is a tad pricy but really with all they do its right on… There were nights I had Faisy with me till 1 AM… So she was working from 9 AM to 1 AM… Jamie and Faisy were willing to do anything they could to help… Faisy and my girl have become friends and talk from time to time..   I know Faisy did a good job because me and my girl were having difficulty communicating one day over the phone and both were frustrated… So she trusted Faisy to call her and have her explain… Not that I don’t trust or want her in the relationship I had to put my foot down on this cause Faisy would not be living with us in the United States and Faisy is not my girlfriend so we needed to figure it out… After we both slowed down and explained what were trying to say it was all good…  The point to sharing this is little snag is people don’t invite the world into their relationship if they value and treasure it… I believe we both do at this point…  So for her to call and trust Faisy explains the value and level of trust this agency has earned with both the men and women that meet through there… This speaks of their professionalism and desire for their members to find success and true love.

Why didn't you withdraw money beforehand then exchange it into COP later?

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 10:27:13 AM »

Are you seriously trying to suggest guys don't get sick in Mexico, Peru or Ecuador?
I can't speak for Peru or Ecuador at all. All I ever got in Mexico was very minor. A friend in Costa Rica had one day of a little travelers diarrhea but that was it. I'm reading trip reports to BAQ that require hospital stays... I think you are way more likely to get sick in BAQ than most other places... certainly more so than Bogota or Cali. 
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
I've told this story on the board before.  I think it was the ice in the rum and coke I was drinking at a raging party that got me.......

Jamie really helped me alot.....
6 AM on the toilet and barfing.......7 AM talking to gf asking her to bring me some drugs....8 AM laying on the bathroom floor in agony trying to decide which end to put in the toilet....9 AM back in bed and too weak to even make it to the toilet.  Talking to GF and asking her to send a Dr. over.  9:30 AM truly feeling like I could die.  Asking gf to send an ambulance because I'm too weak to get up now.  GF not understanding the situation, and not able to really help....  9:45 called Jamie and he sent over an ambulance.  Had to be rolled and carried to the ambulance.  10:30 AM on IVs in the hospital.  Jamie's gf came to help and also Jamie later.  Jamie's gf stayed near for hours while I was really sick.  2 days in the hospital.....Total cost including ambulance was about $ 350.    Lived in Cali for a year and never got sick once.  Getting really sick outside the US when you are traveling alone is scary.

It's a crap shoot.....!

I can't speak for Peru or Ecuador at all. All I ever got in Mexico was very minor. A friend in Costa Rica had one day of a little travelers diarrhea but that was it. I'm reading trip reports to BAQ that require hospital stays... I think you are way more likely to get sick in BAQ than most other places... certainly more so than Bogota or Cali.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:06:41 AM by JWR, Reason: sp »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 12:34:06 PM »
You should know your situation better than anybody else.  People are telling you what they think, but you have been corresponding (and visiting?) with Colombianas  enough to make your own call.  You know you are taking a risk, and if that is what you want to do, then do it.  Ultimately if you give all you have, you have a good chance of making things work the way you want them too…and if they don’t it usually isn’t that big a deal anyway. 

Thanks for the report…I assume she was wearing a life vest when you dumped her on the jet ski…a non-swimmer getting thrown has to be absolutely petrifying for her…even a non-swimmer with a vest is going to be scared obviously…it appears she still trusts you after the jet ski dumping.
Jaime has always run a fair business, so it is not surprising you have had a good experience as well.   I might have missed it, but do you intend to visit again?  It would help your visa case and hopefully further solidify or possibly shift your current position with your lady,

Good luck!
Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline jselva

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »
I think I fear the getting sick in BAQ more than a horde of girls at Jaimes.
I never really thought about alchohol at bars/parties to be where youd get sick. it seems more logical at restaurants tap water/homes tap water etc. And of course weird food (im not trying street food unless im guaranteed by someone with me its safe).

I might be doing Jaimes next year late some time not sure im watching for recent trip reports here Latinsharpeis is interesting because its coming from an inexperienced guy in the colombian arena which brings to light some good info and gotchas.

SO latinsharpei don't stop posting I wanna see your next trip report.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 07:50:15 AM »
I've told this story on the board before.  I think it was the ice in the rum and coke I was drinking at a raging party that got me.......

Jamie really helped me alot.....
6 AM on the toilet and barfing.......7 AM talking to gf asking her to bring me some drugs....8 AM laying on the bathroom floor in agony trying to decide which end to put in the toilet....9 AM back in bed and too weak to even make it to the toilet.  Talking to GF and asking her to send a Dr. over.  9:30 AM truly feeling like I could die.  Asking gf to send an ambulance because I'm too weak to get up now.  GF not understanding the situation, and not able to really help....  9:45 called Jamie and he sent over an ambulance.  Had to be rolled and carried to the ambulance.  10:30 AM on IVs in the hospital.  Jamie's gf came to help and also Jamie later.  Jamie's gf stayed near for hours while I was really sick.  2 days in the hospital.....Total cost including ambulance was about $ 350.    Lived in Cali for a year and never got sick once.  Getting really sick outside the US when you are traveling alone is scary.

It's a crap shoot.....!

The combination of alcohol along with a bug from something like ice made from tap water will get you almost every time. The booze is tearing your immune system to shreds while you're consuming something that would have made you sick anyway. The severity of your case doesn't surprise me.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 10:22:23 AM »

Of course there are varying degrees of 'getting sick', but I'd guess you could get sick from some of the food at half the Chinese 'All you can eat' buffets in the USA. Some of them  even serve things like oysters raw, out of season, which can  put you in the hospital big time. You just have to be cautious.

Shame that some places overseas will tell you they have high tech filtration units they use for the water they make their ice cubes with--I figure maybe, maybe not and generally just stay away from the ice. It's a real groaner when they set your table and the plate's are still a bit wet from the dish washer...

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 10:31:16 PM »
  I did very well in Barranquilla until my last trip and me being me did not listen to my wife. She said I would not eat that if I was you I said oh I fine I don't think there will be a problem. Well I ended up flat on my back for a week so sick I could not see straight.

I learned a important lesson that trip.... I have more to learn and the last lesson almost killed me! :)

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »
Great story. I got stupid sick on my trip, yet all my fault. I guess I thought I was Superman with a steel stomach. I will definitely take pepto tabs next time round. 

Offline jselva

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 08:08:30 PM »
So the rule is to tae PEPTO everyday? Does that prevent bugs from taking root (especially if your careful)? do you take it in the morning ? 3 times a day?

Id like to not have to worry about it next year if I go to a restaurant in BAQ. I don't plan to eat crap off the street or tap water but id like to eat at a restaurant and not look like im trying to go thru CDC procedures if I meet a girl down there for a date.

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »
Let me just say that when your on a date and the girl even looks at her cell phone that means she is bored,  if she texts someone its probably her boyfriend,  if she is interested in the date she would not do any texting, she may announce that she needs to call her mother and do that,  hey fathertime, I tried to PM you but it doesn't seem to work,  lets catch up man!  I haven't been here in a long time.
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline littlesagebrush

• Probie
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 03:03:47 AM »
I got sick once when I was in Barranquilla. It wasn't anything serious just a case of diarrhea. I am thinking it could have been from eating food from the bakery or maybe even a slice of pizza from the street. I am going to be traveling to a small city outside of Medellin in the next month and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for vaccinations/pills to cure this sort of thing if and when it happens?  I don't really believe in vaccinations since there are many different strains of a virus/bug.   I talked to this guy and he said Medellin has the cleanest water of Colombia.  I think there are obvious ways to avoid using tap water but for some things like washing fresh vegetables or making a  salad it just can't be avoided. I don't want to have to use bottled water for everything. I think bottled water would be fine for brushing my teeth.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 03:50:36 AM »
I got sick once when I was in Barranquilla. It wasn't anything serious just a case of diarrhea. I am thinking it could have been from eating food from the bakery or maybe even a slice of pizza from the street. I am going to be traveling to a small city outside of Medellin in the next month and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for vaccinations/pills to cure this sort of thing if and when it happens?  I don't really believe in vaccinations since there are many different strains of a virus/bug.   I talked to this guy and he said Medellin has the cleanest water of Colombia.  I think there are obvious ways to avoid using tap water but for some things like washing fresh vegetables or making a  salad it just can't be avoided. I don't want to have to use bottled water for everything. I think bottled water would be fine for brushing my teeth.

Last time I got sick like that I just went to the pharmacy and got some Imodium. It seemed stronger than the over thecounter version here.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 03:50:36 AM »

Offline V_Man

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 07:52:50 AM »
Last time I got sick like that I just went to the pharmacy and got some Imodium. It seemed stronger than the over thecounter version here.

Imodium. - I never visit Colombia without it.  8)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 01:42:21 PM »
Imodium. - I never visit Colombia without it.  8)
They don't call it "The Traveler's Companion" for nothing!
I have been known to take a half tab to a full tab 'preventively' and I think the same thing with Pepto Bismol isn't a bad idea. I don't know about your body 'getting used to it', but given the nature of what's in these meds--which isn't very complex, you can take a pretty substantial amount w/o worry. If you find yourself crapping cinder blocks once a week, it's obviously time to back off.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 195