It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: My Trip to Philippines  (Read 14958 times)

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
Re: My Trip to Philippines
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
Yes- Happy 10th Dave and wife!

Geez - 10 years aready?

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »
hey Zulu make sure you get proof from your state that you have NEVER been married. i did & then went to a different building to get proof that the 1st document was real. good thing i did or the wedding would not have taken place. they really had a problem believing that a guy 39 years old had never married.

good luck
pig
Piggy why do you keep doing things the hard way?   

There is the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry" that need to obtain before filing an application for a marriage license. But there is something else........

The affidavit must be obtained from the U.S. Embassy in Manila. Philippine authorities will not accept any substitute document initiated in the United States.

http://www.travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_757.html

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Have H.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 12:53:18 PM »
Happy anniversary and congratulations.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 12:53:18 PM »

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
Congratulations to you and Grace Zulu! You are a great looking couple! You look much younger than your age... having not been married before probably helps...(especially to a crazy Latina like me!)  ;D  Just joking LA Board guys.

Thanks DH!  I try to take care of myself.  ;)

Great trip report! Your trip report brings back a lot of fond memories of my provincial courtship in the Philippines, which began  11 years ago this very day. I remember how happy I was when my wife held my hand for the first time...then I realized that it was so I wouldn't fall into a deep hole in the road that was hidden in the darkness right in front of me!  ::) Our 10th wedding anniversary is also today. I hope you have as wonderful a ride as I have had!

Best wishes!

Dave

Happy 10th!!
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 07:35:28 PM »
J,

She was a virgin when I got there, and a virgin when I left! :D

Zulu

I guess those cold water showers over there do serve a purpose!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »
Piggy why do you keep doing things the hard way?   

There is the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry" that need to obtain before filing an application for a marriage license. But there is something else........

The affidavit must be obtained from the U.S. Embassy in Manila. Philippine authorities will not accept any substitute document initiated in the United States.

http://www.travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_757.html

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Have H.
K  i got the Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry. but they wanted MORE in the province.....good thing i had it  :o :o :o

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Ray

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »

hey Zulu make sure you get proof from your state that you have NEVER been married. i did & then went to a different building to get proof that the 1st document was real. good thing i did or the wedding would not have taken place. they really had a problem believing that a guy 39 years old had never married.

This in not necessary and is not required to obtain a marriage license in the Philippines.

For a Catholic Church wedding, they ask for additional documents like a recent baptism certificate and a confirmation certificate. The baptism certificate ‘should’ indicate if you have been previously married in the Catholic Church.

That is mostly correct except that you may also obtain the affidavit at the US Consular Agency in Cebu City. The rules are slightly different from those at the embassy in Manila, so you should phone ahead for details.

When executing the affidavit at the Embassy, and when applying for a marriage license, you should have proof of legal termination of any and all previous marriages. Bring a complete copy of your divorce decree if applicable.

Ray

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »

For a Catholic Church wedding, they ask for additional documents like a recent baptism certificate and a confirmation certificate. The baptism certificate ‘should’ indicate if you have been previously married in the Catholic Church.

Ray
the problem was i wasn't catholic & i had never been baptised. so they gave me a hard time when we went to get the marriage license.
BTW the church also gave me a hard time & insisted that i take classes for days  : (  & convert if there was going to be a church wedding.

pig
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:15:39 AM by piglett »

Offline Ray

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 03:41:13 PM »
the problem was i wasn't catholic & i had never been baptised. so they gave me a hard time when we went to get the marriage license.
BTW the church also gave me a hard time & insisted that i take classes for days  : (  & convert if there was going to be a church wedding.

pig

The marriage license is issued by the government and has nothing to do with being baptized Catholic.

The requirement to convert and be baptized before having a church wedding is not the official policy of the Catholic Church. It depends on which jurisdiction or diocese you are marrying in, and sometimes on whether or not you had been baptized in another faith.

I know some guys in Cebu, Cagayan De Oro, and parts of Manila were required/strongly encouraged to convert before marriage in the church. I also know of several non-Catholics who were easily able to marry in the Church in Surigao with no such requirement.

The requirement to attend pre-marriage classes is pretty much universal, but those can usually be waived by paying a small fee and having an accelerated special one-day "class" if you are on a limited time schedule as is the case for most foreign nationals visiting there.

Was that an absolute requirement for you to be baptized Catholic first, or did they twist your arm and strongly encourage you to do so?  :D

Ray

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:02 PM »
Was that an absolute requirement for you to be baptized Catholic first, or did they twist your arm and strongly encourage you to do so?  :D   
Someone is always trying to roast the piggy.  ;D
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2011, 10:38:52 PM »

The marriage license is issued by the government and has nothing to do with being baptized Catholic.

The requirement to convert and be baptized before having a church wedding is not the official policy of the Catholic Church. It depends on which jurisdiction or diocese you are marrying in, and sometimes on whether or not you had been baptized in another faith.

I know some guys in Cebu, Cagayan De Oro, and parts of Manila were required/strongly encouraged to convert before marriage in the church. I also know of several non-Catholics who were easily able to marry in the Church in Surigao with no such requirement.

The requirement to attend pre-marriage classes is pretty much universal, but those can usually be waived by paying a small fee and having an accelerated special one-day "class" if you are on a limited time schedule as is the case for most foreign nationals visiting there.

Ray
well the government wanted to see my baptismal certificate & i didn't have one which made them look at the rest of my documents very closely.
also the church had a list of rules posted on the wall in the church office & 1 of the things stated "mixed marriage not allowed" also it stated that you had to be baptised in order to get married. so the priest baptised me 1st & then we had the wedding ceremony rite afterwards.

pig

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2011, 02:43:19 PM »
Leaving Bohol....Mousing Around.....

After 3 full weeks in the Philippines I was ready for more. 

I was spending every day with my sweetie, enjoying the beautiful island beaches, meeting new people and simply having a great time.  But, as we all know, everything has some type of ending. 

It was time for me to go and I didn't really want to leave.  The Philippines is addictive and pinays are even more addictive!

I really didn't have much choice in the matter.  My airline ticket and my 21 day visa were the prime motivators and plus, I really had to get back to work. 

The party on Sunday night lasted until 2am or so and we danced the entire time with her friends, family and classmates.  I was tired.  I hadn't packed anything and when I got back to the hotel I just crashed.  My sweetie came back with me to change and she crashed also, we had both had a long day.   

We were woke about 2 hours later by the hotel phone, it was auntie!  She hopped up, kissed me goodbye and I walked her out to the hotel front entrance where the early morning trike drivers were sleeping inside their sidecar.  We woke one of the drivers, paid him double, 60pesos, and off she went into the late nite/early morning.

I was hoping that auntie would not be pissed because of this.  Oh well shyt happens!

Went back to the room and started to clean up the room and pack.  Turned on some late nite TV, reruns mostly and got me some pineapple juice and keebler chocolate chip cookies and spent my last nite in Bohol pigging out and watching the boob tube.

My supercat did not leave until about 2:40 pm so I knew I could sleep a bit late. 

As I was dozing off to sleep, i kept hearing a rustling sound, sorta like paper being crunched up together.  I nodded off again.  The sound got louder.  Finally, I go so annoyed, I woke up determined to figure out where this sound was coming from. 

I just sat there and waited. 

Another rustling sound; it was coming from my small carry bag with my laptop.  I had no idea what it could be.  I carefully unzipped the bag.  Nothing.  Then, like a shot of lightening, a large mouse jumped out of the bag, onto my chest, up my shoulder and over my back!!!

HOLY SHYT!!!!!  I nearly dropped a load!!

I turned and the mouse ran under the bed.  I pulled the bed out, determined to get this little guy.  He scampered under the night stand.  I pulled out the nightstand, he scampered into the closet.  I opened the closet, he scampered under the bed.  I moved the bed, he scampered under the other nightstand.  As you can see I was making no progress catching this mouse and it was like 6am in the morning and I was making a lot of noise.

A porter knocked on my door, apparently someone had called the front desk because of the "commotion" in 317!

When I opened the door porter saw the mess and just kinda stared at me with a puzzled look on his face.  I turned from the open door and continued the chase, hollering, "Mouse! Mouse! help me get the mouse!"  He joined the battle.

We pulled out the bed.  No mouse.  We pulled out the night stands, no mouse, we opened the closet, no mouse, we took all of the sheets off the bed, no mouse!!"

He looked at me....."there is no mouse sir!" he said with a sideways glance and giving me a smile and the "stupid kano" look!

As he opened the door to leave, out jumps the mouse, and scampers down the hallway with both of us in hot pursuit!!

Well...we never caught the little bugger. He got t an open hallway linen closet and disappeared!

We had stirred up quite a bit of commotion and the morning staff gathered around my mouse chasing buddy and they jabbered about the whole incident, in cebuano of course!  I went back to my room to straighten up and finish packing and hopefully get some sleep.  Checkout was at 11 and I had only a 2 hour nap in the last 24 hours!

I called the front desk and told them that I would check out at 1pm and then I crashed.

My sweetied knocked on my door promptly at 9, as she had done for the last 3 weeks.  I could barely wake up to answer the door.

I told her about the mouse.  She told me that the girls at the front desk and the security guard had already told her!   They were calling me the mouse chaser!  Man word gets around quick in this place, I made a mental note of that!

She brought my last batch of clean clothes with her and I finished my packing quickly.  We got a quick breakfast and I came back to say our goodbyes and cuddle. 

As 1pm approached she started crying.  She was like, you can stay another few days!  Extend your Visa, change your flight!   Talk about pressure!! ???

Thing is, I really wanted to do it, I had a beautiful woman who was in love with me begging me to stay with her on one of the most beautiful tropical islands in the world! 

Sounds like a dream but it was real.   How do you say NO to that?!

Well.....Logic prevailed (I hate logic and common sense sometimes) and we decided to stick with my original plan.  The crying stopped, but the sad look remained.  I turned the lights out and we just held each other for the last time.  Very bittersweet.

I didn't leave the hotel until 2:30.  My supercat  was at 2:40!  I had already purchased my ticket at ICM mall so all I had to do was check one bag and board!

We caught a trike and I paid him double to rush to the terminal.  Got there at 2:38. Kissed my sweetie goodbye, Checked my bag at 2:40, walked on the supercat at 2:45.  Made It! 

What a day, now it was time to relax, maybe get some sleep.  I still had a flight to catch in Cebu, but I had two hours to kill on the boat.  I took a window seat and pulled out my digital camera, opened a bag of M&M's and started looking at the pics taken over the last 3 weeks.

What a trip!  I had started this journey on my computer in my room!  I had one simple goal, find a wife, a friend, a companion.  I chatted with over 200 pinays and selected 1 (and she selected me).

I spent a year sending my sweetie emails, simple gifts, chatting, skyping, texting and calling.

I traveled to the other side of the planet to meet her in person.

I met her, she met me, we clicked!

Life is good.

Z
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:58:41 PM by z_k_g »
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
awwwwwwwww......

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 04:06:44 PM »
Great story ... thanks for posting ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline Ray

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2011, 04:37:39 PM »

Warning![/b]

According to one popular Filipino superstition, if you harm or harass a mouse, it will come back while you sleeping and eat holes in your clothes. This happened to me!

If you return there again, I would not recommend staying at that same hotel because that little mouse will be waiting for you…   ;D

Ray

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864