It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Agencies in Pereira  (Read 4179 times)

Offline AM

• Probie
Agencies in Pereira
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:36:48 PM »
I was recently in Cali where there are lots of agencies - Cali V.I.P, Calicharm, All Colombian Girls..etc.. There are agencies in Medellin, Barranquilla, Manizales and Bogota. But how about Pereira? I'm in Pereira right now and I heard some rumours that it should be an agency here too. Is it true? If so - what's the name of that agency? The adress? Does it have a web-page..etc..?

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Anders

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Agencies in Pereira
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »
AM,

There are no introduction agencies in Pereira, at least none that I am aware of.

Offline Frank Rizzo

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 06:57:01 AM »
Just be careful when and where you are when you ask them girls from Pereira to "take a seat".....

they don't make a joke out of pronouncing Pereira..witha a double "r" (with the cats purr) for nothing when guys talk about that town...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 06:57:01 AM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »
none, nada, zilch, zippo, no agencies there, maybe you should start one,lots of cute girls,    ;)

Offline pablo

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »
Frank,

If you are referring to the women in Pereira being easy, I've heard the same story from numerous Colombianos but it is more of an urban legend than factual. If you think about it, why would the women be easier there than in other Colombian cities, especially a city that doesn't have a lot of tourists visiting? Bogotá, Cartagena, Cali, and Medellin all have more working girls than the smaller, more conservative cities.

This legend has its origins when prostitutes visited the city during festival time* to find more Johns and the reputation of the loose women of Pereira started. It now includes all women there but it just isn't so. I'm sorry to burst anyone's horny little bubble in the hopes of finding easy women there.

Pereira however is one of Colombia's most dangerous cities so if you do visit be careful as there are a lot of gang related deaths. When I visited there earlier this year I had a nice stay and felt safe but statistics paint another story. There were some 488 murders reported in Pereira during 2005, with 90% of the dead gang members aged 14 to 25.

* Fiestas de la Cosecha y Pasillo Festival
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:01:04 PM by pablo »

Offline zack

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »
AM,

One reason why there are no agencies in Pereira is because there are no direct flights to Periera, and waiting in the Bogota Airport to change planes is a long, drawn-out pain in the ass. My wife is from Pereira and Hence I have been there dozens of times. Lots of pretty ladies there but unfortunately no agencies. Regarding the danger level, I never felt less safe there vs BQ or Cali. As long as you stay in the big city and use your common sense you should be fine.

Zack

Offline bigstew33

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 06:07:49 PM »
we are talking about a bunch of middle aged nerdy guys here.  No common sense at all   ;)

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 06:52:12 PM »
just a thought,  if you had the time,   you could fly into Medellin, direct flights from Miami and new york. spend a few days there,( forget the girls in Medellin,  but its a nice city)  then fly  to manizales on ADA, $ 130 ticket and 45 minute flight. spend a few days there at Colombian Cupid, good agency.  and from there, you could get to pereira fairly easy, its very close.   or take a direct flight from Medellin to Pereria, if you want to skip manizales,  very easy.

Offline pablo

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 11:20:21 PM »
Zack,

I heard from two different locals that there will be direct flights from the States to Pereira in the not too distant future. 

BTW, isn't it time for you to update your avatar information?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:21:57 PM by pablo »

Offline zack

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:07:19 AM »
Pablo,

I'm happy to hear that. They are already moving in that direction. They recently added flights from Miami to Pereira with one stop in Cartegena. There is a one hour wait in Cartegena minimal but at least one doesn't have to exit the plane and it sure beats changing planes in Bogota. If they end up having direct flights to Pereira then maybe someone should open an agency there. It certainly wouldn't be short of pretty ladies.

Zack

P.S. I was just thinking the same thing regarding my avatar info  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:09:24 AM by zack »

Offline AM

• Probie
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 01:52:44 PM »
So - in the meantime, what to do?
I'm still in pereira and I'll be here for at least one more week. There are lots of of pretty ladies here. But as I'm a bit shy and I nearly always see them with boyfriends. Where do I find single (notice - not prostitutes) women? In the malls, at the discos..etc.. What's a good opening reply? How do they like invitations..etc..?

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 01:59:20 PM »
So - in the meantime, what to do?
I'm still in pereira and I'll be here for at least one more week. There are lots of of pretty ladies here. But as I'm a bit shy and I nearly always see them with boyfriends. Where do I find single (notice - not prostitutes) women? In the malls, at the discos..etc.. What's a good opening reply? How do they like invitations..etc..?

Just a guess from someone that hasn't been there....if you know some espanol..try the larger grocery stores after a single woman would get off work.  Also, the employees at the better grocery stores are nice, young and attractive (in the south of Cali Colombia).  Tons of 'em in southern Cali when I was there; anytime in the weekends. If you strike out on sunday, try monday...if you miss on monday try tuesday...jajaja!!

DayTrader

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 02:05:34 PM »
dude, what are you doing in pereria, if your looking for girls, why would you go without an agency, some friend or contacts there? sounds like you didn't plan this out very well, and being in a city for a week, with no contacts, agency or friends or family, your going to have a really hard time meeting somebody. i hope you at least speak some Spanish.  but if i was you, i would go to another city, where you have some opportunities, where it might be a little more easy to get the ball rolling.

you could try a bar  or disco,  find a  bilingual taxi driver, or maybe their is a place in town where foreigners hang out, probably a  bar, and get some help there.
then go back home, get some contacts   etc in pereria and  go back and try it again.
best of luck

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 02:05:34 PM »

Offline pablo

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 06:42:19 PM »
AM,

Now is no time to be shy.  Hopefully, you speak a little Spanish but even if you don't go up to a woman that you are interested in, especially one that has made eye contact or smiled back at you and talk to them!  Hablas ingles?  Cual es tu nombre?  Mucho gusto de conocerte, soy Anders, desde Estados Unidos, blah, blah...  If you've traveled all that way to try to meet some women in Pereira now is no time to be shy

Malls are a good place to start, food courts, employees working in stores are a captive audience as well and I think visiting a university campus or two would be a good idea.  If you really need the services of an introduction agency, hop on a bus for nearby Manizales and use the services of www.colombiacupido.com.  Be prepared to pay $50.00 per introduction though.

Here's an idea for locating some women interested in meeting foreign men.  Join www.colombiancupid.com (different agency that the one I mentioned previously) and for just $25.00 you can read 325 profiles of women (ages 18-35) as of today that have photos that are current within the last month.  Use their search engine, put in Risaralda for the state and Pereira for the city and you'll see them. 

Time is of the essence though and contacting them via their email system and letting them know you are in town now and would like to meet them should garner a few dates for you in a few days.  Be sure to ask for the ladies contact information so you can call them.

Other than that, enjoy the city and the sites! 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 06:53:24 PM by pablo »

Offline soltero

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »
Using the internet while in town is a great way to bypass the agencies or if no agencies exist. That was a great call by Pablo. The women perk up the second you mention that you are in town and you can go straight for the phone number and have a conversation.
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 08:17:41 PM »
I just went on to Hi5 and punched in Pereira, Colombia single age 18-30.  I got 3100 hits.  No harm in using Hi5 now, although it would have been better if you did this several weeks ago.  Good luck!
 http://www.hi5.com/

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline pablo

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »
www.latinamericancupid.com, a sister site to ColombianCupid, has 203 women using the same parameters as before. If nothing else you can hit on the cutie at the internet cafe looking at all those profiles. :)

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
What strikes me as strange is why he isn't getting some obvious female attention. In Monteria, where they hardly ever see a gringo, I get a helluva lot of attention just from my presence. I often think, damm, if I wasn't here with my wife I could be getting all kinds of action. The ones who are interested show you with their body language. Strike up a conversation with them and then go with the flow. In these lesser know Colombian cities, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 299